Poll: How did JA do in closing arguments?

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

How well did JA do?

Votes: 5 1.0%

Votes: 5 1.0%

Votes: 4 0.8%

Votes: 6 1.1%

Votes: 4 0.8%

Votes: 8 1.5%

Votes: 11 2.1%

Votes: 36 6.8%

Votes: 32 6.1%

Votes: 66 12.5%
  • Home Run, knocked it out of the park

Votes: 349 66.3%

• Total voters
I gave it a 9. His passion and telling of the tale were a homerun but there are things that the evidence just can't tell us that kept it from being a 10. Not his fault, though :)

I just wish they had a big picture of an alive Caylee up .

Yes, I really wanted the jurors to get to see the last video of Caylee where she sings so lovely. I want the jurors to get the opportunity to feel the chilling realization that that particular video was taken on the last full day of Caylee's life.

I voted Home Run. JA most definitely knocked it out of the park as far as I'm concerned. His closing was absolutely brilliant, his speaking mannerisms, his attention to detail, his presentation, his delivery & his passion for justice made for a riveting & very powerful close. He is a professional all the way, no doubt about that.

Fiddle! I clicked 10 and meant to click home run and knocked it out of the park! I didn't know about the timer55 and that just made me gasp. His love for Caylee and his outrage over the atrocities that were afflicted on her came through loud and clear. (now I can't decide if I have a bigger crush on him or Yuri.....decisions, decisions.......)

JA knocked it out of the park. The way he spoke, his tone....everything was on point...even the small pauses for him to take a drink a water were right on time. That man is brilliant.

:woohoo:

He did terrific. He was engaging and I held on every word. I am listening to JB now and he is all over the place. One thing, why don't you think JA didn't talk about the chloroform searches? I don't recall him mentioning them. I guess he is saving it for rebuttal but I would have thought he would have gotten into that more.

He did terrific. He was engaging and I held on every word. I am listening to JB now and he is all over the place. One thing, why don't you think JA didn't talk about the chloroform searches? I don't recall him mentioning them. I guess he is saving it for rebuttal but I would have thought he would have gotten into that more.

I think LDB will tie up every loose end with superb impact for the jury!!

JA did an amazing job, and convinced me once and for all that this was premeditated. I was on the fence about whether this was an act of impulsive anger or truly planned out, but the step by step analysis about the lies becoming less and less effective, Caylee's increasing verbal skills, and TonE's unwillingness to have Caylee there at night have swayed me.

The timer55 explanation was like a lightbulb going off in my head, paired with ICA's knowledge of how many days she had used up before she was going to have to come up with something better. And the Jeff Hopkins theory about ICA possibly planning to run away and "elope" was brilliant.

None of this was new, but JA put it together seamlessly.

Bravo and thank you, Mr. Ashton.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nothing short of brilliant! (to copycat what Mark Nejame said :)

i'm not sure but this appears to be a duplicate thread?

ETA: I was mistaken, sorry, it was the title of the other thread, perhaps it could be changed

JA made a home run with his explanation of "why" Caylee had to be sacrificed, imo the jury needed to hear this.

I thought his closing very good. However, I would have expected him to object, "facts not in evidence," when JB said that the police/LE deliberately destroyed evidence. i.e., the drying of the garbage was not a deliberate attempt to destroy evidence IMO. My concern is, by JA not objecting, some on the jury may believe the accusation.

I also think he was wrong when he said CA would not have permitted ICA to abrogate her role as mother. I think CA would have been happy to assume the full role of "mother," IMO it was that Caylee was a pawn in their power struggle, and ICA wasn't about to loose the "game" and let CA have Caylee. I think this was a big factor in her decision to kill Caylee.

Yes, I really wanted the jurors to get to see the last video of Caylee where she sings so lovely. I want the jurors to get the opportunity to feel the chilling realization that that particular video was taken on the last full day of Caylee's life.

No pics of Caylee allowed.

My husband said the part about timer55 was "just silly." He doesn't believe it. He hasn't followed the case.

He knocked it out of the park (my vote) except for 1 thing. The chloroform info is missing. They need to mention how easy it is to make chloroform and the 2 simple ingredient. Well 3. Bleach, acetone and ice. Yep, I looked it up. There were acetone searches on the computer. Just mention how easy it would be to make that at home. Simple instructions. I hope LDB does that.

Before this morning I just couldn't get behind Murder 1. Ashton convinced me.

Frankly, I am horrified that JA is allowed to use the phrase "these are the facts" when in fact, pretty much all of the "evidence" he refers to is speculatory not factual.

The word fact can refer to verified information about past or present circumstances or events which are presented as objective reality. In science, it means a provable concept.[1]

He is simply BRILLLIANT. He crushed it and is a Master of the Game of Prosecution.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay
Back