Poll- Was the bag the Meter Reader saw in August the same bag he found in December?

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

Is the bag MR found in August the same bag he found in December?

• Absolutely the same bag

Votes: 55 19.4%
  • Maybe the same bag

Votes: 67 23.7%
  • Absolutely NOT the same bag

Votes: 84 29.7%
  • I have no idea

Votes: 77 27.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I find it interesting that the poll results are so evenly distributed. This one really has us wondering doesn't it? I was talking to someone about this case last night and something she said made me wonder about how people are 'seeing' the trash bag, as it were. My friend couldn't understand how anyone could miss a trash bag even off the side of the road. I asked her to describe to me what she thought it looked like. She said it would look like most trash bags that are put out for collection. What she meant, if I can say this so it makes sense - is that bag would be 'sitting up' so to speak with the tied end on top. It made me wonder if that is how most people 'visualize' the tossed trash bag? In reality, the bag was probably in more of a horizontal position. I am going to try and not get too graphic here - the bag, if in a horizontal position with the tied end to the side, would not be more than 6 to 8 inches high - and probably would flatten out even more as time went on. This would make it much harder to see. I am wondering if how people 'see the bag' in their minds is why so many are saying it should have been found earlier. Anyone agree or disagree?

I agree with you. I never considered the bag sitting "upright". After almost 2 months (when the meter reader would have first seen it), it not only would be laying on it's side, but pretty flattened out.

.... I was talking to someone about this case last night and something she said made me wonder about how people are 'seeing' the trash bag, as it were. My friend couldn't understand how anyone could miss a trash bag even off the side of the road. ...... I am wondering if how people 'see the bag' in their minds is why so many are saying it should have been found earlier. Anyone agree or disagree?

OK..... time for a confession - For what it is worth, when I am driving, if I see ANY trash bag on the side of the road, I look for movement in the bag (puppies or kittens being tossed??) and here is the big one - I 'snifff the air' for any nasty smell that could be decomp. My family thinks I am SO wierd! I was at a popular restraunt a few months ago ("you might wear red shoes on a Tuesday" at this restraunt) and I saw a strange looking bag laying next to a culvert in the grassy area outside. Well, needless to say, after dinner, I had my husband drive as close as possible and I jumped out of the car and climbed down into the culvert to inspect! It turned out to be true trash! When I meet new people and they ask me if I have any hobbies, it is hard to tell them that I look for dead bodies on the side of the road - but I do! :confused: I guess my strange behavior makes me think that perhaps the meter man is a lot like me. He was highly observant for any 'bags' that looked 'wrong'. If I had been living in Orlando for the past few months, I would have been exhausted, but the highways and rural roads would have been immaculate. :crazy:

I Don't th9ik it would change color THAT much. Look at landfill. Black bags do not turn white. Not to mention that white bags are much smaller - it would be difficult to place a body Caylee's size in a 13 gallon white bag (and 13 gallon is the largest WHITE bags I have ever seen).
This is exactly what I've been thinking also. There is no way Caylee could've been put in a kitchen trash bag and the only heavy duty garbage bags I've seen are black. And even at that she'd probably need two of them in case one got a tear in it. I don't think the meter reader saw the bag Caylee was found in when he was in the woods in August. MOO

Shortly after the discovery, Leonard P. described the find on Nancy G. He said that the remains were in a white trash sack and then enclosed in a black trash sack. I think a lot of sleuths were out Christmas shopping. I do not believe he would have offered this v. clear and definite description unless he knew those facts. The bags and the contents will be detailed before too long.

I disagree,

Leonard has a habit of passing off theories & speculation as fact

Also, He was in California when the Body was found & he didn't arrive back in FLA for several days. If he offered a description then it was relayed to him by another person or he 'Guessed" which is something he has a habit of doing.

He also claimed a bathing suit was found in the Bag. As well as Pillow Cases & sheets.

BOLDED BY DOSTON

Apparently, Mr. Padilla is saying the Anthony's PI called him in August and told him he knew where Caylee was, told him Caylee was dead. And I guess that explains why Leonard was so sure Caylee was in the park. Oh, wait. The PI didn't say he was at the park; he reported that he was in the woods! Oh, well, not to worry, it makes sense to Leonard!

KG, Was this August? Sorry, I didn't hear it was August but either Nov. or Dec. 15th.

Kronk said it was a white bag on his first call. The bag that was found with Caylee's remains is black. L Padilla said he was not in the right location in August.

I don't know if this was mentioned or not, but I thought I read that Caylee's remains were found in a white trash bag, wrapped in another trash bag. Is it possible that the outter initial bag was white, but inside, was the black bag that the remains were in? I'm thinking Caylee was in the black trash bag in the trunk of the car, when the odor/body fluids started to seep out, it was then KC put the bag with Caylee into yet another bag to conceal the odor. In other words, she was double bagged.

Cerenity2u

I don't know if this was mentioned or not, but I thought I read that Caylee's remains were found in a white trash bag, wrapped in another trash bag. Is it possible that the outter initial bag was white, but inside, was the black bag that the remains were in? I'm thinking Caylee was in the black trash bag in the trunk of the car, when the odor/body fluids started to seep out, it was then KC put the bag with Caylee into yet another bag to conceal the odor. In other words, she was double bagged.
I don't know if Caylee was in one bag or two, but that is ssssoooo sickening. To think, Casey would have had to cradle the bag to carry it that far. I don't think even a heavy duty bag would have been strong enough to hold it on the top and carry it.
If anyone knew, (the A's,CA, LA,the PI's, the mm)her body was there and left her for one more second than necessary ,should be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law.
So let's see how many of the named above should be prosecuted...Casey,for sure..
There is so much wrong that has been done to Caylee. I think we all feel the same way.
That's why we are attracted to the case and others like Jon Benet.. I fear that no one involved gives a hoot about the truth. I fear also without the media, protesters, blogs and other reports about this case,that Caylee would never have got justice. I still pray she will. The whole Circus of characters,makes me wonder how long it will take to actually see Justice For Caylee. I don't even think giving CA.LWP would be called justice.
Caylee deserved so much more.
Casey deserves so much more than LWP.

Just watched the Youtubes from another thread and it made me think again about this whole discussion about the bag, what the meter reader saw and what colors, etc.

Don't know if anyone else has mentioned this somewhere in all the threads but. . . . .

GA said that the backpack that Caylee had when he saw her last was not in the car when retreived from impound. Haven't heard that it's been found at all. He said it was WHITE, with monkeys on it. Could that be the "white round" object that the meter reader saw by the tree with the board on it?

The meter reader is someone's pawn. Whether he knows this or not, I don't know. IMO he was tipped from the beginning but the first calls he placed about the bag he didn't actually go into the area and spot the bag. He was simply making the call (going off of a tip) and stating that something suspicious was out there, probably why he left before officers got there. By the thrid try and unsuccessful recovery, the tipster said go in there and actually locate/pick up the bag before you call. Maybve he was then given better directions or the body was moved closer to the road. Someone wanted her found and found quickly. The meter guy was just the one to do it.

The meter reader is someone's pawn. Whether he knows this or not, I don't know. IMO he was tipped from the beginning but the first calls he placed about the bag he didn't actually go into the area and spot the bag. He was simply making the call (going off of a tip) and stating that something suspicious was out there, probably why he left before officers got there. By the thrid try and unsuccessful recovery, the tipster said go in there and actually locate/pick up the bag before you call. Maybve he was then given better directions or the body was moved closer to the road. Someone wanted her found and found quickly. The meter guy was just the one to do it.

EXACTLY! My thoughts too!

Well, Leonard says there is a Daisy Chain leading right from Casey to MR..........I don't give LP very much weight, but the MR really does have me wondering!

Well, Leonard says there is a Daisy Chain leading right from Casey to MR..........I don't give LP very much weight, but the MR really does have me wondering!

Right, as thick as that area was with plants and trees I can't really buy that he fought his way deeply enough into the area just to relieve himself. He would have had to go in just a few feet to be shielded from the road. Why would he go 10 to 60 feet back? Surely he was aware that there were snakes in there. Even if she was only 20 feet into the area I can't see him spotting this bag that was also partially covered. He was also pretty reluctant to have his name associated with the find. When the 911 op. said he could remain anonymous didn't he say something to the effect of "not if they find a dead body back there"? IMO he knew exactly what was back there.

I am having a hard time with the Meter Man!!! If he was so persistant in Aug, why then did he not find it until Dec? There is just something that isn't quite right here, but, can't put my finger on it. I voted not the same bag.

It seems to me that two of the questions in the poll might be equivalent.

Answers to the poll question:

Absolutely the same bag
Maybe the same bag
Absolutely NOT the same bag
I have no idea

Are "Maybe the same bag" and "I have no idea" essentially the same answer?

It seems to me that two of the questions in the poll might be equivalent.

Answers to the poll question:

Absolutely the same bag
Maybe the same bag
Absolutely NOT the same bag
I have no idea

Are "Maybe the same bag" and "I have no idea" essentially the same answer?

Or how about...he never visually spotted the bag in August at all.

Did you mean to say "He never saw any bag in August"?

GA said that the backpack that Caylee had when he saw her last was not in the car when retreived from impound. Haven't heard that it's been found at all. He said it was WHITE, with monkeys on it. Could that be the "white round" object that the meter reader saw by the tree with the board on it?
Not that I believe George's account of seeing her that day...but sure. It could be almost anything he saw that day. There were things in that area which led the Detectives straight back to the A fam's house and the reason they declared it a "crime scene" immediately after closing the area where they found Caylee. No telling what he saw and when he saw it, but it was enough for him to make those calls.

Did you mean to say "He never saw any bag in August"?

Yes. But Who knows if it was actually there or not in August. Only forensics will have that answer. Since he didn't stay to actually show the officer the bag in August we don't know if he really spotted it or actually spotted anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JayneDrop