Poll- Was the bag the Meter Reader saw in August the same bag he found in December?

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

Is the bag MR found in August the same bag he found in December?

• Absolutely the same bag

Votes: 55 19.4%
  • Maybe the same bag

Votes: 67 23.7%
  • Absolutely NOT the same bag

Votes: 84 29.7%
  • I have no idea

Votes: 77 27.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
As I recall, it was stated to be a grey or white bag in August and it was said (and shown in the pictures) to be a black bag.

How would you explain that it went from white or grey to black beetween August and December? I can reasonably assume the opposite, it would lighten from exposure. But I cannot understand how anybody can believe it would darken from white to black.

I just finished listening to all three August calls. Kronk never mentions a bag in any of the calls. He talks about seeing something white, something round and white under a fallen tree. The only mention of a bag is by the dispatcher in one of the calls.

It also doesn't sound like he actually went into the woods there. He repeats several time that it's a swampy area, and that a 4 foot Easter Diamondback snake had been found there and he wasn't going in there.

But to repeat, Kronk never mentions a bag in any of the three calls.

This is from the Orlando Sentinel story, on what he said in the first call:

Roy Kronk, 46, made three calls Aug. 11, 12 and 13, less than a month after the 2-year-old's grandmother reported her missing. Kronk was working in the Chickasaw Oaks neighborhood, where Caylee lived with her mother and grandparents, when he noticed "something white" in a swampy, wooded area near the intersection of Hopespring and Suburban drives, according to a file of one of the calls.

"I have no idea what it was, and I don't want to waste any more of the county's money, but I'm just telling you I saw something," Kronk said during the first of those calls. Deputies checked and found nothing.

In the next call he talks about something round and white underneath a fallen tree with a white board hanging from it.

There are more details in the full story here. None of his calls sound like they were very detailed. In fact, in the first call, he mistakenly called Hopesprings Drive Good Hope Drive. The dispatcher thinks he said Good Home Drive. I don't know how they ever found the place.

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/local/orange/orl-casey2408dec24,0,6035195.story

Where is the audio of MRs calls? I haven't even been able to find a complete transcript, just media snips.

Where is the audio of MRs calls? I haven't even been able to find a complete transcript, just media snips.

Go to the page I posted above. They're on the same page as the story, about midway down the story on the left.

Foul odor? Link please where you heard foul odor. :)

Hi Patty G,

I posted awhile back that the meter reader had noticed a foul odor. It was reported on a news site, but it seems the information may have been erroneous. I'll try to find that link again.

found link and posted it in #22 on page one of this thread

The reporter in the video at that link was flat out wrong. I just listened to all three August calls. He never mentioned a bag at all, much less a gray bag. He never mentioned a foul odor.

There were no bags mentioned by Kronk in any of the three August calls. Obviously in those early reports, some of these TV reporters were reporting any unsubstantiated rumor they heard.

IMO the calls on that link are incomplete. The call on the 12th obviously picks up mid conversation as if he has been transferred to more than one responder as he doesn't give any information that responders ask for...yet the person he's talking to tells him they will look for the bag (MR did not say "bag" in any of the call that we can hear). I don't think we have a complete look at the chain of calls he had to make to get to the responder.

I have no idea what Kronk found the first time as opposed to what he found in December. Nor do I think it matters.

He wasn't able to stumble across the bag with the skull in August. Later on he did.

It sounds as if Kronk is just a guy who was able to investigate where lots of people from other states WANTED to look.

The color of the bag that the body was found in has not been released by LE, has it? I think we are all making the assumption that it was black.

Looking back over the crime scene photographs, and applying what we now know that the MR said he saw, maybe the bag was white?? In the following photo's you can see a white object lying in the brush, and then a large white bag is being removed by LE. I wouldn't think they would just pick the bag up without first putting it into some other sort of evidence bag, but then I wouldn't have thought they would have walked almost up to the body and been scared off by a snake either!

Attachments

• White Object in brush Early In Investigation.bmp
    1,006.9 KB · Views: 85
  • White Bag Being Removed.bmp
    485.7 KB · Views: 78
IMO the calls on that link are incomplete. The call on the 12th obviously picks up mid conversation as if he has been transferred to more than one responder as he doesn't give any information that responders ask for...yet the person he's talking to tells him they will look for the bag (MR did not say "bag" in any of the call that we can hear). I don't think we have a complete look at the chain of calls he had to make to get to the responder.

No, they're not incomplete. They might have cut off the dispatchers answering the phone but the WESH links do include them answering "911" or "sheriff's office."

He does tend to just start out talking with no preface about why he's calling but the calls are complete. There is NO mention of bags or foul odors.

It certainly wouldn't be the first time a reporter, especially a broadcast reporter trying to get the story out fast without doing adequate research, reported something as fact that was merely rumor.

I just checked another site that has a tape of Kronk's calls to his dispatcher in December, not the call to police made by his coworker but Kronk's original call. That says it is edited at the 38 second mark at the request of LE. All you hear on that tape is him reporting he found a human skull. The rest of the tape is him trying to describe where he's standing. He again doesn't remember the road name other than Suburban. No mention of any bag unless it's in the deleted portion but it's the only tape I've seen that says it was edited.

I am beginning to wonder if he saw something, KC, or something that alerted him and caused him to insist that the body was there. (has this been discussed? I have to take breaks from this once in a while as it really messes with me.)
I really think there is more to this story. Something other than a bag caused him to really insist that authorities needed to look here. MOO

From looking at the pictures i am almost sure they have taken the bag that the body was in and put that into a body bag and then put it on a cart and took it out of the woods, I have worked in law emforcment for a number of years and that is my thought on this subject.

The color of the bag that the body was found in has not been released by LE, has it? I think we are all making the assumption that it was black.

Looking back over the crime scene photographs, and applying what we now know that the MR said he saw, maybe the bag was white?? In the following photo's you can see a white object lying in the brush, and then a large white bag is being removed by LE. I wouldn't think they would just pick the bag up without first putting it into some other sort of evidence bag, but then I wouldn't have thought they would have walked almost up to the body and been scared off by a snake either!

The arrow seems to be pointing to a flower.

I am of the impression that what he found in August was in a different location and was a different color than the bag in December.

It sounds like some people are convinced it was the same bag both times.

I know we don't know everything but I'd like to see what everyone thinks.

Well, I voted "maybe." The first call indicates the bag is grey, and visible from the road, (he says the bag is at the side of the road) and LE failed to see it when they drove by. The bag, now black, was ultimately found inside the woods, uphill from the side of the road---not incredibly strange, I guess, if you factor in animals tugging at the bag.

This stuff with the meter reader has got to be the weirdest part of this case yet.

The arrow seems to be pointing to a flower.

Here is a closer picture of the white object. I don't know what it is, but I don't think it is a flower.

Attachments

• Enlarged White Object in Grass.jpg
    Enlarged White Object in Grass.jpg
    33.5 KB · Views: 58
Well, I voted "maybe." The first call indicates the bag is grey, and visible from the road, (he says the bag is at the side of the road) and LE failed to see it when they drove by. The bag, now black, was ultimately found inside the woods, uphill from the side of the road---not incredibly strange, I guess, if you factor in animals tugging at the bag.

This stuff with the meter reader has got to be the weirdest part of this case yet.

Why do we think the bag was black?? Is there a link for that? I had assumed it was black, but again - after reviewing the pictures, I am not so sure.

Why do we think the bag was black?? Is there a link for that? I had assumed it was black, but again - after reviewing the pictures, I am not so sure.

Is this the photo of the garbage bag that was found with the remains? It appears to be either dark green or black in color.

Attachments

• 195831-1.jpg
    195831-1.jpg
    239.6 KB · Views: 59
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics