Votes: 333 47.9%
  • To stage a kidnapping

Votes: 184 26.5%
  • Other

Votes: 178 25.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
The duct tape has always bothered me because I couldn't make any sense of using duct tape on a child that I believed to already be unconscious from chloroform but if the tape was put on after Caylee was dead then why???

Unless Casey used the tape to keep something out of Caylee after she had already dead - like chlorinated pool water. If you go with LP's theory that she put Caylee in the pool to see if she would float, then had to borrow the shovel to reach her - wouldn't she be worried about the pool water seeping into her mouth, nose and ears? I think that could also be why there were no shoes in the bag, no fibers from the trunk (washed off in the pool), and why Caylee's clothes were in the bag but not on her. If she tried to towel dry her hair/body before bagging her in the backyard then that may account of the fibers in Caylees hair.

Very, very troubling case on true tv now about about a mom that murdered one and tried to murder second son, taped his mouth with duct tape. Just heartbreaking. Reminded me of little Caylee. When you see the toddler's photo , you think how young, how helpless. The little boy who did survive is telling, his mom put several pieces of duct tape on his nose and his eyes and his mouth and then slit his throat, he managed to get some of it o ff, and they asked him, where was your mommy when you got the tape off, "She was hurting my baby brother". The baby she killed was two, like Caylee. It is shocking. It is going to be hard to watch the Casey trial and hear about the duct tape, hearing this little boy is haunting. Guess what.... the husband is supporting the wife. this too reminds me of Casey. Hold on to your seat, but none other than Linda K. B. , Casey's lawyer, is a guest commentator. The defense has a lot of nerve going on national shows and then asking for a change of venue based on too much exposure of the case. Bottom line of my post, is for a while a lot of people thought no way could a mother put duct tape on a live baby crying their heart out, we........Miss Kehoe admitted and her son told that she certainly did, so it CAN happen that a mother can do this. I'm sad.

The Defense team member opining on this Kehoe case, where the mother duct taped the small boy, tried to slash his throat is just odd. I am sure she is getting a feeling for how hostile the public and the jurors are over this small boy's plight at the hands of his own mother. I know he has a book to sell, but this just hits a little too close for comfort for me. I see the laawyers on TV shows al the time, this case is just a hard one to watch, because the murder victim is also a little toddler like Caylee.:banghead:

This is just conjecture on my part and please forgive me if it's already been put in this thread (I haven't read the whole thing)but perhaps she used the duct tape to hold a chloroform soaked rag in place over Caylee's face. I've read that chloroform only works for a very brief time so perhaps she was trying to make it work for a longer period.

That is horrible about the other little toddler. It's a scary, sick world when a mother can hurt her own child.

This is just conjecture on my part and please forgive me if it's already been put in this thread (I haven't read the whole thing)but perhaps she used the duct tape to hold a chloroform soaked rag in place over Caylee's face. I've read that chloroform only works for a very brief time so perhaps she was trying to make it work for a longer period.

That is horrible about the other little toddler. It's a scary, sick world when a mother can hurt her own child.

I've wondered about that too, Omachka. I did some research to try to find the effects of chloroform on fabric--to see if it would speed disintegration. Couldn't find anything. There were those fibers found on the sticky side of the tape--but it seems like there might be more left of a rag. Not sure though.

In answer to the poll: to silence Caylee for the purpose of transport/assault/murder, similar to the way the perp in this other case in the area used duct tape on a 4 year old victim (luckily this little girl was able to get the tape off her mouth and scream) http://www.wftv.com/news/19489838/detail.html

Ever since the facts about the duct tape came to light, I wonder ... why duct tape? Wouldnt it have been easier to (sorry) smother her with a pillow? Even press a hand over her nose and mouth? Strangle her? Why duct tape? I have heard of it before, but its a little unusual. I think the other methods I listed are much more common ... it just makes me wonder why ...did Casey just happen to catch a glimpse of duct tape in a murderous moment? Did she plan that so Caylee could suffocate and Casey wouldnt have to look at her?

thoughts?

Well, I am one of the school of thought that believes duct tape was a post mortem application (or at least what KC believed to be post mortem). It was probably handy. I doubt much prep work went into gathering supplies for disposal of the remains. JMO

Who knows? She may have already had it in the car, sitting on the backseat and it was just convenient. I am thinking the state has some reason to believed it was not applied post-mortem to stage a kidnapping.

I've been wondering if Caylee said something to George or Cindy that Casey didn't like. I think Casey realized Caylee wasn't just a cute little doll anymore and would blab even more as she got older. So to me the duct tape was to "shut her up".

I've been wondering if Caylee said something to George or Cindy that Casey didn't like. I think Casey realized Caylee wasn't just a cute little doll anymore and would blab even more as she got older. So to me the duct tape was to "shut her up".

forever....

I believe Caylee was killed in the car, and the duct tape was handy. A real kidnapper would use duct tape so it was a good bet for the imaginary one, at least in the murderers mind IMO.

Agreeing with LogicalGirl, I believe the duct tape was used to keep the baby quiet during the murder, not as a means of smothering. As KC was an avid movie watcher and obviously did some pre-murder research online, I'm sure the duct tape was an acquired method of silencing the baby from a film or website.

I often thought CA might have asked Caylee questions about where they were staying the week before (they were both at RM's on the 10th). If Caylee told her she was sleeping in RM's bedroom, I think she would hit the fan. Personally, I think that Shirley's check thing went down much earlier. If they had a fight on the 15th based on something CA had gotten out of Caylee, she could have threatened to take custody again and KC could have very well felt like punishing her by shutting her up permanently. It would also help explain the heart sticker.

The theory that that the perp sedated Caylee before using the tape makes a lot of sense to me. Using her hands or her body to hold a pillow over Caylee's face as she struggled would have been very direct and physical. Making sure that she would struggle as little as possible and then applying the tape while Caylee was unconscious would perhaps, in Casey's "backwards sort of way" distance her from the act. IMO she didn't take pleasure in doing this, she just viewed it as something that was necessary and something that must be done expediently.

I also believe caylee's vocabulary and thought process was developing to where casey could no longer lie about working and her current lifestyle.

caylee spent the entire day with cindy on the 15th, and i believe a lot came to light on their grandma/grand daughter outing regarding what casey does with caylee all day long.

Casey was pizzed at caylee...and judging from casey's "poetic entries in her myspace and the way she communicated with her family in a dramatic way" ...the duct tape was a clear sign that caylee was way too vocal about what mommy does while grandma's not looking. She shut caylee up...permanently and dramatically...casey style..

I have just always had a picture in my mind of Caylee crying uncontrollably for CA, and in a fit of rage to shut her up, KC slaps the duct tape over her mouth....and as a result Caylee stopped breathing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
atriumproperties