Votes: 333 47.9%
  • To stage a kidnapping

Votes: 184 26.5%
  • Other

Votes: 178 25.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks Devon! I'm also searching for the Q&A session after Dr. G's announcement. IIRC, a reporter did ask her about duct tape but I don't remember her exact words in response. I could be remembering incorrectly though, because I haven't seen the Q and A portion but one time, when it was aired live.

I haven't found any video of the Q&A section but did watch it live at the time. IIRC she repeatedly responded to many questions by saying that she would not discuss any specifics. I can't recall if the duct tape issue was raised or not but she certainly didn't answer it in any case.

For the life of me, I still can't vote on this one. I just still haven't figured out exactly where the duct tape fits yet.

I haven't found any video of the Q&A section but did watch it live at the time. IIRC she repeatedly responded to many questions by saying that she would not discuss any specifics. I can't recall if the duct tape issue was raised or not but she certainly didn't answer it in any case.

That's what I remember too. Thanks. So no confirmation/denial of Duct Tape just that she would not discuss any specifics.

IIRC the MR who found the skull told someone (Geraldo?) that there was tape around the mouth of the skull. NG turned it into "skull wrapped in duct tape".

She couldn't have used tape. GA and CA didn't have ANY at the house! None!

Unless she used the tape she stole - err lost - out of Amy's purse.

(I don't think there is a house in the US that doesn't have some duct tape somewhere.)

If I recall correctly, Dr.G stated that there was no soft tissue left on the remains so I would doubt that there was duct tape over the mouth and skull as mis-reported. IMO:waitasec:

I apologize if this has already been stated. I haven't read the thread because I wanted to draw my own conclusion. I have been thinking alot about the duct tape and I wonder if it's plausible that KC used it TO kill Caylee. We know there was chloroform in the trunk. IIRC, chloroform can take up to a minute to produce its full effect. Although I find her completely devoid of normal human emotions, maybe KC didn't have whatever it takes to hold a chloroform saturated rag over Caylee's mouth and nose for a full minute. A minute sounds quick, but I timed it and it would seem like an eternity with a small child struggling to free herself beneath you. Maybe she soaked the rag, purposely putting more than enough to kill on it, taped it over Caylee's mouth and just walked away. It would require much less effort, so seems to fit well with KC. Again, I apologize if someone else has already posted this theory. I've just really been puzzling over the whole duct tape thing and this seems to work for me.

This is just for reference to the theories of the duct tape and how far it would go around the head. When I was kidnapped and raped by a man who escaped from prison and broke into my house; he spent the day while we were at work and found duct tape in our FL home. He used duct tape over my eyes and mouth as well as to bind my hands and feet to our poster bed. The tape was wrapped around my head and into my hair for both my eyes and mouth. After my husband cut me free I was able to slide the tape up off of my eyes and down around my neck for my mouth the tape was stuck in my hair until I arrived at the hospital. It continued to stay in my hair until after the police interview and was eventually cut out by a kind nurse who performed the rape kit. The tape once in the hair doesn't come out easily and it was very hard to breath out of my nose when the tape is wedged up against it.

This is just for reference to the theories of the duct tape and how far it would go around the head. When I was kidnapped and raped by a man who escaped from prison and broke into my house; he spent the day while we were at work and found duct tape in our FL home. He used duct tape over my eyes and mouth as well as to bind my hands and feet to our poster bed. The tape was wrapped around my head and into my hair for both my eyes and mouth. After my husband cut me free I was able to slide the tape up off of my eyes and down around my neck for my mouth the tape was stuck in my hair until I arrived at the hospital. It continued to stay in my hair until after the police interview and was eventually cut out by a kind nurse who performed the rape kit. The tape once in the hair doesn't come out easily and it was very hard to breath out of my nose when the tape is wedged up against it.

((Sdavidson)) I am so terribly sorry you had to endure such a horrible experience. It helps to know that duct tape clings to hair this way. Because there is no rumour about duct tape on the wrists, I was wondering how hard it would be for a 2 year old to remove the duct tape from her mouth. (hate typing that) I would think that she would be quickly becoming disoriented and, if the tape was wrapped completely around her head, it might be impossible for her little fingers to rip off.

((Sdavidson)) I am so terribly sorry you had to endure such a horrible experience. It helps to know that duct tape clings to hair this way. Because there is no rumour about duct tape on the wrists, I was wondering how hard it would be for a 2 year old to remove the duct tape from her mouth. (hate typing that) I would think that she would be quickly becoming disoriented and, if the tape was wrapped completely around her head, it might be impossible for her little fingers to rip off.

I agree.

According to what I've read when duct tape is pulled off sometimes it takes the skin on the lips is pulled off too. I doubt if Casey put it over Caylee's mouth intending to pull it off again. Not after wrapping it around and around and into the hair the way she did.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gag

OMG!! I'm so sorry. You sound like a very strong person to be able to discuss what happened to you. thank goodness you're here to tell us about it. That sounds horrific!! I hate duck tape now.

I think it's important to distinguish between established facts/evidence and rumour/speculation in this case. The story about duct tape being found on Caylee's skull is currently rumour unless/until it is confirmed by an official source. IMO there are far too many rumours and notions being expressed as if they were facts and it just makes it very difficult to separate the wheat from the chaff.

Everyone has their own theories and ideas but I think it's really important that it's made clear which statements are based on verifiable evidence and which are just speculation or personal opinions.

I think it's important to distinguish between established facts/evidence and rumour/speculation in this case. The story about duct tape being found on Caylee's skull is currently rumour unless/until it is confirmed by an official source. IMO there are far too many rumours and notions being expressed as if they were facts and it just makes it very difficult to separate the wheat from the chaff.

Everyone has their own theories and ideas but I think it's really important that it's made clear which statements are based on verifiable evidence and which are just speculation or personal opinions.

There ARE media reports that specifically state that police have stated there was duct tape over the mouth area of Caylee's skull.

MHO is that KC put it there to either silence or suffocate Klee. (Silencing goes along with the dope and put in trunk theory.)

I've seen folks saying duct tape over the mouth might go along with a staged kidnap scenario, but why would Klee's babysitter of 2 years need to tape the baby's mouth shut to kidnap her?? Surely Klee would be used to being with her? KC even claimed to have received a very calm call phone call from Klee the day KC was arrested (another lie, but still shows her mindset I think).

And, the only reason she mentions such a phone call is to further distance herself from the evidence she knows was with Caylee....making sure she says the book Caylee was reading is the same one in the father's day video!

She used it to quiet Caylee during the crime of murder, right in her own bedroom.

(hope i get this quote thing right this time!?)

Found these just last night!

ttp://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/nationworld/orl-caylee-anthony-case,0,3157747.htmlpage

Q & A with Dr G, Sheriff, FBI etc

There ARE media reports that specifically state that police have stated there was duct tape over the mouth area of Caylee's skull.

I have seen reports that the information came from a resident, others that suggest that the MR was the source, and still others that say it was from 'sources close to the investigation' (a very loose and ambiguously worded claim) but none that state specifically that the information came directly from LE. Do you have a link to any of these reports as I would be interested to read them?

TIA

Found these just last night!

ttp://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/nationworld/orl-caylee-anthony-case,0,3157747.htmlpage

Q & A with Dr G, Sheriff, FBI etc

Thank you trafficsUP66! I found it on page 4 under the media player on that page. You rock!

(what I heard)
Reporter: Dr. G, there were some reports that the skeletal remains had "blank" tape on them, are you able to tell us about that this morning?"

Dr. G: "I will not comment of the specifics of the findings"

So, neither a confirmation or a denial. I'm going with there isn't duct tape until I hear otherwise from a reliable source (not the media). But I do understand that her statement could be interpreted as a it was there she's just not talking about it.

I think Casey thought she did such a good and believable job of staging she must have believed that when Caylee's body would be found she would be off the hook. That LE would believe her story about kidnapping because of the tape around the mouth, Caylee's favorite book, etc.

I believe this is why she texted Tony: "if they never find her (Caylee) guess who gets to spend eternity in jail."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Velvetshadow