Poll: Why did Garrido bring Jaycee to the PO office?

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

Why do you think Garrido brought Jaycee along to the PO's office?

• He was tired of running and wanted to get caught

Votes: 14 8.9%
  • He saw the opportunity for his 15 min of fame

Votes: 8 5.1%
  • He thought LE would believe his lies that she was his niece

Votes: 103 65.6%
  • Other ideas

Votes: 39 24.8%

• Total voters
She could take a cab. She could also make it known to the media if she wanted to see PG, she's not a prisoner anymore. From the little information that's been released in this case though, it does seems that JC is really happy to be with her family again.

To take a cab you need money. She doesnt have any.

By the way, I thought of another potential reason why PG brought the women. He had recently had a restriction added to his parole conditions prohibiting association with minor females. That would have been a big concern to him, since he was wandering all over the place with the girls in tow. After the Berkeley incident and subsequent home visit by the PO, he had to have realized that sooner or later that was going to pop up on the radar again, and then they would start seriously snooping. He may have brought them in to "legitimize" them in the eyes of the PO, so if any more reports did filter through in that direction, it wouldn't attract undue attention.

By the way, I thought of another potential reason why PG brought the women. He had recently had a restriction added to his parole conditions prohibiting association with minor females. That would have been a big concern to him, since he was wandering all over the place with the girls in tow. After the Berkeley incident and subsequent home visit by the PO, he had to have realized that sooner or later that was going to pop up on the radar again, and then they would start seriously snooping. He may have brought them in to "legitimize" them in the eyes of the PO, so if any more reports did filter through in that direction, it wouldn't attract undue attention.

But, this brings us back to the redundant question...

Why the different stories, then? If he had the forethought to work out the "legitimizing" theory, he would have had the forethought to work out a script they should all go by. JMO

How would she be able to visit him in prison even if she wanted to? She doesn't drive. Her relatives would have to drive her, and I presume they would not even if she asked (rightfully so). The woman lived most of her life confined to a home or a backyard, she wouldn't be able to independently go visit someone, so I don't think it's a sign of anything, because we don't know if she wants to visit him or not.

I don't see there being a huge problem for Jaycee to find a way to get to the jail if she felt the need to see either ng, pg, or both of them. I don't see that being the case however, at this point. Jaycee seems like a reasonably intelligent person, who seems to realize that despite having a "bond" with them, that they committed horrible crimes against her. She also knows that she will be facing them in court. I think another aspect is the love and compassion Jaycee feels for her children and the mixed messages a visit would send them. How could they understand their Mother visiting the people that were put in jail for kidnapping and raping her, holding her against her will?? I'd like to give her a whole lot more credit than that, inless I am proven wrong.

Of course she cared about the Garrido's. Love born of dependence, the same as an infant.
That will happen when you brainwash someone, you erase their programming and replace it with your own...the same way parents "program" their kids. It's not that she loves them in the true sense of the word, but that's the closest word we have for it. Webster never defined the feeling that if you don't convince these people that you love them, that you are perfect in every way, that you fit whatever purpose they give you, you will die. It isn't love, but the mind interprets it as such.

Some of us understand that feeling, others don't and are much better for it.

Fantastic post!!! Thank you very much!!!

This is an extremely inflammatory and thoughtless statement that has no basis in fact. What makes you think Jaycee has no money available to her? There was the People article, a trust fund and I am sure money would be available through the crime victims fund.

I don't see there being a huge problem for Jaycee to find a way to get to the jail if she felt the need to see either ng, pg, or both of them. I don't see that being the case however, at this point. Jaycee seems like a reasonably intelligent person, who seems to realize that despite having a "bond" with them, that they committed horrible crimes against her. She also knows that she will be facing them in court. I think another aspect is the love and compassion Jaycee feels for her children and the mixed messages a visit would send them. How could they understand their Mother visiting the people that were put in jail for kidnapping and raping her, holding her against her will?? I'd like to give her a whole lot more credit than that, inless I am proven wrong

(Snipped by me, for length) Great post, Sunnie. Thank you. What I am wondering is would her therapists allow such a thing? Also, Jaycee is living in a safehouse, under protective custody, so in that case would they let her visit them in jail if she wished? Carl said the girls were getting cabin fever, giving me the impression that they can't just waltz in and out as they please. People magazine stated that she couldn't be interviewed because of the ongoing investigation. If that is the case then would the authorities allow her to talk to Garrido? I have no clue how such things would be handled, it just seems like there would be a lot of barriers.

Having said all of the above, it's my personal opinion that something like that wouldn't really be an issue. Jaycee had a bond borne of trauma and dependence, as Not_my_kids said. According to all accounts she seems to have understood fairly quickly that it was not healthy, that she had been horrendously abused, and began reconnecting with her real family. Once they told her PG confessed to her kidnap and rape it appears that she gave up the whole incriminating story right away. They got those charges filed within a day and a half. I'm not saying she may not still have lingering feelings or some mixed emotions, I think that would be natural. I simply am not of the opinion that she has these deep pinings for PG that some media seem to believe, because he's 'the father of her children' or whatever (That one particularly irks me). She depended on the Garridos for her life and her children's lives. I think once that veil was lifted and she had a way to survive without them the bond began to dissipate.

But, this brings us back to the redundant question...

Why the different stories, then? If he had the forethought to work out the "legitimizing" theory, he would have had the forethought to work out a script they should all go by. JMO

I think he was just caught offguard when they were separated, he hadn't done a what if analysis, and hadn't planned for that situation.

(Snipped by me, for length) Great post, Sunnie. Thank you. What I am wondering is would her therapists allow such a thing? Also, Jaycee is living in a safehouse, under protective custody, so in that case would they let her visit them in jail if she wished? Carl said the girls were getting cabin fever, giving me the impression that they can't just waltz in and out as they please. People magazine stated that she couldn't be interviewed because of the ongoing investigation. If that is the case then would the authorities allow her to talk to Garrido? I have no clue how such things would be handled, it just seems like there would be a lot of barriers.

Having said all of the above, it's my personal opinion that something like that wouldn't really be an issue. Jaycee had a bond borne of trauma and dependence, as Not_my_kids said. According to all accounts she seems to have understood fairly quickly that it was not healthy, that she had been horrendously abused, and began reconnecting with her real family. Once they told her PG confessed to her kidnap and rape it appears that she gave up the whole incriminating story right away. They got those charges filed within a day and a half. I'm not saying she may not still have lingering feelings or some mixed emotions, I think that would be natural. I simply am not of the opinion that she has these deep pinings for PG that some media seem to believe, because he's 'the father of her children' or whatever (That one particularly irks me). She depended on the Garridos for her life and her children's lives. I think once that veil was lifted and she had a way to survive without them the bond began to dissipate.

I agree that it will probably not be an issue. I highly doubt that a prosecuting attorney would allow Jaycee to visit either one of the g's or patricia either. I think everyone is her life, Terry, Tina, counselors and Carl would all persuade her that seeing them in prison prior to the trial would be unwise. That being said, I truly believe it is a non issue at this point.

I think he was just caught offguard when they were separated, he hadn't done a what if analysis, and hadn't planned for that situation.

So you think he just came up with the bright idea to bring them along but didn't prepare them for it? He just rounded everyone up and said "Let's go, you'll figure it out when we get there."? I seriously doubt that, considering PG's insatiable appetite for control. I firmly believe that if he were trying to merely "legitimize" the trio's presence, he would have made sure they were all on the same page as him. Like I said before, this wouldn't have been the first time PG was put through the questioning process. I'm pretty sure he understood the basics and knew he wouldn't be able to waltz in there with 3 strangers and then waltz back out without the PO having asked them a single question. Especially, 3 young ladies. JMO

PG is the definition of psychopath. He has narcissistic grandiosity. He speaks with god and has gotten away with horrible crimes. I have no doubt he went into the PO's office thinking I'm omnipotent. Unfotunetly for him most psychopaths are impulsive and lie without concern about being caught. I wonder what would have happend if he was interrogated earlier in his crime. I think he would have cracked.

I also think JD does not have Stockhom syndrome but Tramatic bonding. The definition can be found on Weaveinc.org.

Sorry to disagree with you, anthroamy, but 30 minutes is the length of time it would take to get from the University to JM Enterprises. He would have taken Ashby Ave. to the Tunnel and it wouldn't take any longer than that. :)
Ummm... depends on the time of day, if it's late afternoon, you still have to contend with the traffic jams going up 680, and then over to 4!;)

I think to say that Jaycee would want to visit the G's in prison is totally revolting. Think of someone who has ripped you off in any way (I know nothing as traumatic as Jaycee, of course) But if you trusted that person and liked them and then found out how you had been tricked and used, would you ever want to see that person again in your entire life?

I can't see it. IMO

Ummm... depends on the time of day, if it's late afternoon, you still have to contend with the traffic jams going up 680, and then over to 4!;)

LOL then it can be hours! I bet he met CM at her Pleasant Hill home. That would be a better 30 minutes than all the way to Pittsburg. I was thinking of the way I drive. :crazy: And it wasn't like he had a newer car, either...putt, putt, putt.

PG is the definition of psychopath. He has narcissistic grandiosity. He speaks with god and has gotten away with horrible crimes. I have no doubt he went into the PO's office thinking I'm omnipotent. Unfotunetly for him most psychopaths are impulsive and lie without concern about being caught. I wonder what would have happend if he was interrogated earlier in his crime. I think he would have cracked.

I also think JD does not have Stockhom syndrome but Tramatic bonding. The definition can be found on Weaveinc.org.

Sounds like she suffers from both according to WEAVE:

http://www.weaveinc.org/stockholmsyndrome

snip:

Stockholm Syndrome develops under four conditions:

1. The victim perceives the abuser as a threat to their survival, physically or psychologically.
2. The victim perceives the abuser as showing some kindness, however small.
3. The victim is kept isolated from others.
4. The victim does not perceive a way to escape the abuser.

The interrelationship between traumatic bonding and Stockholm Syndrome is magnified in a case such as Jaycee Lee Dugard who depended on her captors for her survival while suffering years of abuse.

Very interesting, thank you!

That's not necessarily true. I wouldn't be surprised if she's a multi-millionaire, what with the People photos and the trust fund.

This is an extremely inflammatory and thoughtless statement that has no basis in fact. What makes you think Jaycee has no money available to her? There was the People article, a trust fund and I am sure money would be available through the crime victims fund.

Unfortunately it is probably true. She has no assets, no job, and the trust fund will be managed by a trustee, who is most likely her mother. She is staying on a ranch out of the public eye. There are no ATMs next door, it is pretty unlikely that she has an ATM card, she doesn't drive and the shopping is allmost certainly done by someone else. So what makes you think she has money available to her? And I don't mean money in a bank somewhere, but real money in the purse or from an ATM.

My response was to the person who suggested that she could just take a cab to see PG if her family didn't want to help her see him. The point was that no, she couldn't, because she has probably never taken a cab anywhere in her life, a cab costs money and any money available to her is controlled by the family, not her, so she wouldn't be able to do that (in the highly unlikely event that she wanted to, or that she even knew where he was) against their wishes.

I think to say that Jaycee would want to visit the G's in prison is totally revolting. Think of someone who has ripped you off in any way (I know nothing as traumatic as Jaycee, of course) But if you trusted that person and liked them and then found out how you had been tricked and used, would you ever want to see that person again in your entire life?

I can't see it. IMO

IMO any feelings Jaycee might have in that respect will quickly fade as she gets re-integrated back into the world, so it's pretty unlikely that she would ever visit them. The two girls however would probably still want to see their father again, they will be looking at things from a different perspective than us and I think that is natural.

I don't see there being a huge problem for Jaycee to find a way to get to the jail if she felt the need to see either ng, pg, or both of them. I don't see that being the case however, at this point. Jaycee seems like a reasonably intelligent person, who seems to realize that despite having a "bond" with them, that they committed horrible crimes against her. She also knows that she will be facing them in court. I think another aspect is the love and compassion Jaycee feels for her children and the mixed messages a visit would send them. How could they understand their Mother visiting the people that were put in jail for kidnapping and raping her, holding her against her will?? I'd like to give her a whole lot more credit than that, inless I am proven wrong.

She is a witness for the prosecution, there is no way they would allow her to visit the Garrido's before the trial, and by the time the trial rolls around she is going to be SO over them it isnt going to be funny.

So you think he just came up with the bright idea to bring them along but didn't prepare them for it? He just rounded everyone up and said "Let's go, you'll figure it out when we get there."? I seriously doubt that, considering PG's insatiable appetite for control. I firmly believe that if he were trying to merely "legitimize" the trio's presence, he would have made sure they were all on the same page as him. Like I said before, this wouldn't have been the first time PG was put through the questioning process. I'm pretty sure he understood the basics and knew he wouldn't be able to waltz in there with 3 strangers and then waltz back out without the PO having asked them a single question. Especially, 3 young ladies. JMO

They probably were on the same page, but unfortunately (for PG) the SO was using his own playbook, not theirs, so PG found himself outflanked and his forces split. So he winged it, gambled, panicked and lost.

Unfortunately it is probably true. She has no assets, no job, and the trust fund will be managed by a trustee, who is most likely her mother. She is staying on a ranch out of the public eye. There are no ATMs next door, it is pretty unlikely that she has an ATM card, she doesn't drive and the shopping is allmost certainly done by someone else. So what makes you think she has money available to her? And I don't mean money in a bank somewhere, but real money in the purse or from an ATM.

My response was to the person who suggested that she could just take a cab to see PG if her family didn't want to help her see him. The point was that no, she couldn't, because she has probably never taken a cab anywhere in her life, a cab costs money and any money available to her is controlled by the family, not her, so she wouldn't be able to do that (in the highly unlikely event that she wanted to, or that she even knew where he was) against their wishes.

I respectfully disagree with the fact that you stated Jaycee would have no access to money. I believe she would, if it were needed or wanted.

No, she does not drive, that we know of, but I am sure that Terry does not treat her like a prisoner and that she advises her and does not "control her". She is a 29 year old woman and despite the fact that she has lived an existence that would prevent a lot of what most people consider "normal activities (shopping, driving, formal education), she is, I'm sure, learning her way around things at a very rapid rate.

To say that she has no assets is in my opinion, incorrect. I hope Terry is her trustee, as she has, I'm sure, the best idea of Jaycee and her daughters needs and their best interests at heart.

She is a witness for the prosecution, there is no way they would allow her to visit the Garrido's before the trial, and by the time the trial rolls around she is going to be SO over them it isnt going to be funny.

If you would have read my post, which is on the page before your post, you would have seen that I already have talked about your concerns.

I agree that it will probably not be an issue. I highly doubt that a prosecuting attorney would allow Jaycee to visit either one of the g's or patricia either. I think everyone is her life, Terry, Tina, counselors and Carl would all persuade her that seeing them in prison prior to the trial would be unwise. That being said, I truly believe it is a non issue at this point.

There isn't any doubt about it, she would NOT be allowed to see them. They are under state control. Patricia on the other hand hasn't been charged with anything, isn't in custody and is not likely to be a witness, so the state wouldn't prevent Jaycee (or the kids) from visiting her if they chose to do so.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MG89
Back