POLL: Will George and Cindy remain together in the wake of the trial?

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

Will George and Cindy's marriage make it beyond the trial?

• Yes

Votes: 255 40.7%
  • No

Votes: 371 59.3%

• Total voters
If Casey is re-tried, I fear that George is too fragile to go through it again. If she's convicted, Cindy will probably hold him responsible. IMO, he needs her more than she needs him.

If Lee and his fiancee have a child, perhaps that will give George a reason to live. I hope Lee doesn't give Cindy his child to raise, however!

MOO- (may I steal this, please?) and I do not think there is anything wrong with those who want/choose to mull this over, I can see the reasons behind it, I intend zero disrespect to anyone...

I feel this is a horrible question to ask, especially at this time.
My sympathies are with the Anthony's, all of them, regardless of whether or not I've agreed with their behaviors.

MOO- (may I steal this, please?) and I do not think there is anything wrong with those who want/choose to mull this over, I can see the reasons behind it, I intend zero disrespect to anyone...

My sympathies are with the Anthony's, all of them, regardless of whether or not I've agreed with their behaviors.

My sympathies are with them too. I mean them no harm. What they have gone through I wouldn't wish on my worst enemy.

We have discussed just about every aspect you can cover about their private lives, I see no reason why it is horrible to ask this question.

As it stands right now...the odds are nearly 50-50 (84-stay together & 85-split) which is like most marriages these days.

Coupled with this marriage's history, the devastating loss of their only grandchild and the possible loss of their only daughter's life if she receives the DP...I say the chances that they can survive this are not the best but, I have hope that the future will hold good things for them.

I think with the future of Lee & Mallory and a family of their own one day...George and Cindy as Grandparents could get a second chance at happiness.

It is what I think Caylee would want...

I really don't know. The've been through so much betrayal and loss not only with Caylee and Casey but with each other.

moo:cow:
I think it is possible for them to stay together BUT there is a lot of work to do if they want to make it work and live in some realm of peace with themselves.
Will they go out and do the media tour again? Cindy looks like she may be working on some kind of book or something. I don't think that would be a good choice to make while trying to heal and work on their marriage!!
After KC is safely tucked away in prison will Cindy continue to seek her daughter's love and forgiveness:sick:? I think KC will make it a condition of her love that it is either me or him!!:waitasec:
There will be appeals and the civil case to go thru and reporters and authors seeking them out. I feel if they make each other their priority, and that includes Lee and Mallory, they stand a chance. But, it will be an uphill battle-if they want it bad enough they can make it.
I personally would like to see them stay together if for no other rerason than it would pizz KC:behindbar off and I think Caylee:angel: would like to see CeCe and JoJo stay together!!

I hope they can find some peace and a measure of contentment in the future. 3 and a half years ago they were just an ordinary family - lets face it, we don't actually know them, only what we've seen of them under extraordinary circumstances they never thought they'd face - and now people all over the world know their names and are making judgements about them. Their privacy has virutally gone forever. I wish them, and their son, well, and hope that they don't have to go through the pain of a divorce, unless its what they both choose to do.

I think they are both toxic people. For. The sake of others, I hope they stay together. That way the craziness will stay contained!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes! IMO, their toxicity created Casey, and Lee is pretty strange too. Neglecting to teach your children accountability and demonstrating lying to them is devastating, as this very sad case has demonstrated.

Well as I said on another thread, I think part of the dysfunction in that family has involved trying to make things work when one of the kids is a psychopath. The "sick" kid always gets the bulk of the family energy and that may be part of Lee's problem--why he feels so abandoned and left out. While I don't think Cindy and George and model parents, by any stretch, it may well be that the MOST toxic element is on her way to prison for life. (Yes, of course they didn't help by enabling her and helping her avoid consequences but my guess is that most parents might not find it easy to believe that a beloved daughter is a psychopath.) I hope Casey doesn't get the death penalty because then, while she will surely appeal, the others have a shot at a normal life instead of having the agony of a death row battle for the rest of their lives. I voted "yes" because I think Cindy knows Casey did it but is trying to keep her off death row, and if she gets LWOP, then maybe Cindy can admit to herself what Casey is. If Lee gets married and has kids, that might allow for some healing.

Well as I said on another thread, I think part of the dysfunction in that family has involved trying to make things work when one of the kids is a psychopath. The "sick" kid always gets the bulk of the family energy and that may be part of Lee's problem--why he feels so abandoned and left out. While I don't think Cindy and George and model parents, by any stretch, it may well be that the MOST toxic element is on her way to prison for life. (Yes, of course they didn't help by enabling her and helping her avoid consequences but my guess is that most parents might not find it easy to believe that a beloved daughter is a psychopath.) I hope Casey doesn't get the death penalty because then, while she will surely appeal, the others have a shot at a normal life instead of having the agony of a death row battle for the rest of their lives. I voted "yes" because I think Cindy knows Casey did it but is trying to keep her off death row, and if she gets LWOP, then maybe Cindy can admit to herself what Casey is. If Lee gets married and has kids, that might allow for some healing.

Parents sometimes compete for their children's attention. It certainly appears that this was a factor in the conflict between mother and daughter. Casey may have been a pawn between her parents, but also as you say: the enery vacuum, with each parent trying to win her favor in their disagreements. Somewhere along the way, it seems both parents had a secret with her that was not shared with the other parent. Casey played them from then on ... I don't see them staying together after this is over. All the secrets are on the table ... it's probably ugly on some level.

I think Cindy will dump George. George will be upset until he finds someone who is nice to him, then he will realize it's for the best. Cindy hopefully will spend time in jail for lying under oath. She isn't above the law (watch her get away with it)

I voted NO, they won't stay together. They will at first, keeping up appearances and all that, but eventually they'll go their seperate ways. Actually, I wish they would stay together because I think they deserve each other.

My opinion only

I remember watching CA's first few TV interviews immediately after Caylee went missing. I told my wife that there is something very wrong with this woman. I actually thought she was the one responsible because she appeared to be, how do I say it, nuts. I believe GA is a weak and insecure person who has been systematically emasculated by his domineering wife. I hope LA and GA get and stay as far away from CA and ICA as they can.

I have to agree with you. We have done this type of thread before too.

We know that the Anthonys have read here before, and may still read here. I hope they don't read any of this thread. Right now they need encouragement not criticism.

They are going through the worst time in their lives, a time most of us hopefully will never have to go through, our simple thoughts are not helping them.

I can only wish them the best now, hope they can get on with their lives, make any changes and adjustments as they see fit.

Remember, they almost divorced several years ago after George ran up his credit cards and depleted Cindy's retirement account from his online gambling. Cindy found out then from her lawyer that if they divorced, George would get half of everything and Cindy would have to give him alimony since she basically supported him after the move to Florida (according to the emails between Cindy's mom and another relative from '08). The only way Cindy would dump him now is if she can make some money off this whole ordeal, enough so that the divorce won't be so economically devastating.

This is my first post, but I have been following this forum since this whole case began. Just want to say hi and thank you to all of you who have contributed so much to this awesome board!:seeya:

Remember, they almost divorced several years ago after George ran up his credit cards and depleted Cindy's retirement account from his online gambling. Cindy found out then from her lawyer that if they divorced, George would get half of everything and Cindy would have to give him alimony since she basically supported him after the move to Florida (according to the emails between Cindy's mom and another relative from '08). The only way Cindy would dump him now is if she can make some money off this whole ordeal, enough so that the divorce won't be so economically devastating.

This is my first post, but I have been following this forum since this whole case began. Just want to say hi and thank you to all of you who have contributed so much to this awesome board!:seeya:

Hi Linda...welcome to Websleuths! So happy you're here!

:wagon:

BBM. I bet their house will sell for FAR beyond what it's worth. There's a market for that, like the murder memorabilia website and stuff.
It would be nice if G & A could sell the house and car to who ever makes the lifetime movie,then buy the lot where Caylee was found and make a park there in Caylees memory.Then take whatever is left, go far away and try to heal. I hope and pray that happiness is to come for George, Cindy and Lee. I pray they will move forward and not look back at Casey.Sending prayers.

I voted no. Can't imagine living with Cindy. It will be ICA everyday. George might have to leave for peace in his life. Their daughter has done enough damage.

Very soon ICA will realize that her parents are all she has. Her posse will be gone. She will hold GA and CA responsible for where she is at but she will allow them to visit her as long as they keep the money coming.

I voted no, but I think a better question would have been: What do you hope for Cindy and George. Its so difficult to contemplate what either of these loose cannons will do.
All I can do is hope they find some peace.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay
Back