Portugal, Artur Lorenz, German citizen, motorhome and bike found burnt out, Viseu, May 4 2024

StillDiggin

Reaction score
Artur has recieved virtually nothing in terms of coverage. His disappearance can be classed as suspicious. Artur appears to be or once was a was a wellness coach, with books, audio books, podcasts in German on meditation amongst other subjects,
interview with Bild, a cousin of the digital nomad, who worked for a marketing company from Portugal, where he had been traveling for several months, revealed that for the family "it quickly became clear that something serious had happened" and that they "immediately alerted the police", but they "didn't do much at first".
"We were very disappointed with that," he said.

Also to Bild, Artur's sister, Sabine Schell, said she was disappointed with the performance of the Portuguese police, as well as the German authorities and embassy.
"We received little or no information from the Portuguese police. We also did not receive any support from the German authorities or the embassy to pressure Portugal and obtain information. It is very frustrating," she described.

In an email sent to Notícias ao Minuto, Sabine again asked for help in finding her brother, revealing that everything indicates that he was "assaulted and attacked, inside his van", which was parked in the parking lot of Miradouro Santa Luzia, in Viseu.
In that same note, the German says that her brother's van, as well as his electric bike and "all his belongings", were found days later, "burned", "possibly to remove traces" and that they were never officially informed of this.
1719432973638.jpeg

In the link you posted:

"The Notícias ao Minuto knows that the case has passed from the Public Security Police (PSP) to the Judicial Police (PJ), but has not yet been able to confirm whether searches are underway."

I found this in Wikipedia:
The Polícia Judiciária (PJ; English: Judiciary Police) is the national criminal investigation police agency of Portugal, focused in fighting serious crimes, including homicides, kidnapping, organized crime, terrorism, illegal drug trade, corruption, cybercrime and financial crime.

So, the case is being investigated by the major crimes division of the Portuguese police.

IMO, if family want a liaison who will explain what's happening - and can't any of them go themselves- they will need to hire someone over there (or connect with a journalist,) who speaks English/Portuguese: maybe a lawyer or reputable private investigator, who can explain what's going on.

I don't think Portuguese police are going to tell anyone what's happening in their major crime investigation, nor will the Embassy know any more than the family does.

IMO, major crime detectives don't conduct random searches when they're looking for a potential crime victim (just like other cases, everywhere). They might have brought a dog to the site, and checked the immediate area, but IMO they'd be focussed on collecting evidence.

JMO

My heart goes out to his family. This is not the first similar case in Portugal where families are saying similar things. They may have to fight hard to even have him listed on the official missing person's list there. JMO.

From what I read it seams like Artur was trying to buy some land over there, to put some accommodation on the land and use it as a wellness retreat to have people come from a Germany and elsewhere in Europe. However this was yet to happen as land was to expensive. There maybe an angle here for authorities to look at.

From what I read it seams like Artur was trying to buy some land over there, to put some accommodation on the land and use it as a wellness retreat to have people come from a Germany and elsewhere in Europe. However this was yet to happen as land was to expensive. There maybe an angle here for authorities to look at.
I made a quick search to locate Viseu: it's in a remote area of Portugal, inland and north of where all the tourists go. Makes it seem less likely, to me, that this was an opportunistic crime by another transient. Outsiders don't realize what kind of hornet's nest they might stir up.

JMO

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
soraxtm