Portugal - René Hasee, 6, German on holiday in Algarve, 21 June 1996

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
German article from 2011 (google tranlsated):

"She said they were on the beach, René had eaten squid and chips, and wanted to go to the water," says Irmgard Burbach. "He took off his shirt and pants, played in the sand, my daughter could see him all the time. When she went to him and went down the stairs from the restaurant, she briefly lost sight of him. And then suddenly there was only his clothes. "

Franz Burbach immediately got into the car and drove to Portugal. René had always been "his" boy, the boy had spent almost every afternoon with grandma and grandpa.

The grandfather hung up hundreds of posters with his daughter. Interviewed witnesses on the beach. Hire divers. Argued with the police, who stopped searching after a few days.

"They said Anita hadn't paid attention, René had drowned," Grandma Irmgard recalls. “But he was terrified of the waves and would never have gone into the sea alone. His footprints also stopped in the middle of the sand. ”

The nightmare, at home it got worse.

Mother Anita could no longer work, could no longer love. The postman was on sick leave, later her relationship broke up.

Grandma Irmgard suffered a nervous breakdown and did not leave the house for two years.

Grandpa Franz had five strokes, three heart attacks. The plasterer can hardly speak. And actually he doesn't want anymore.

Neue Serie in Bild - VERMISST! : Wie ist das, wenn ein Kind von heute auf morgen spurlos verschwindet?
I've only just realised, by re-reading this, that the boy was naked, at least on the bottom half of him. JMO

I've only just realised, by re-reading this, that the boy was naked, at least on the bottom half of him. JMO
I don't know how much the fact that the boy was naked has to do with him going missing. He was six years old, and it was 1996. As far as I remember it wasn't unusual to see young children playing naked at the beach back then in Europe (as well as women sunbathing topless). His family were German, and naturism has been a part of German culture since the late 19th century. There is also a naturist movement in Portugal. I doubt his parents thought is was odd for children to be naked at the beach, and not having to worry about someone taking photos in secret, as the first mobile phone with a camera was released in 1999.

Naturism in Germany - Wikipedia (warning, photos of nude people in article)

I don't know how much the fact that the boy was naked has to do with him going missing. He was six years old, and it was 1996. As far as I remember it wasn't unusual to see young children playing naked at the beach back then in Europe (as well as women sunbathing topless). His family were German, and naturism has been a part of German culture since the late 19th century. There is also a naturist movement in Portugal. I doubt his parents thought is was odd for children to be naked at the beach, and not having to worry about someone taking photos in secret, as the first mobile phone with a camera was released in 1999.

Naturism in Germany - Wikipedia (warning, photos of nude people in article)
I don't know if it has anything to do with the fact that I'm european but when I was that kid's age I would take my clothes off anytime I'd be close to water even if there were people around lol
And I wasn't the only one! Many of my friends have similar memories from their childhood as well

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Crimecat8
Back