Possible Victim: Fire Island Jane Doe, UP9098, found Davis Park Apr 1996 & Ocean Parkway Apr 2011 - Karen Vergata

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I searched my docs and found the name of a man arrested in one of the big SCPD heroin busts.. Hs name was "Rifino" so I guess it is not the same last name. One day we will find a link.

Has any missing females been ruled out for this jane doe ?

I came across this missing since Jan '96.

Missing from NJ. Looks similar to me.

Concerning Maryanne Jane Ruffini, the missing woman you found:

I agree she look simelar IMO.

And she was last seen in Edison NJ Jan 26, 1996, which is 3 month prior to that Jane Doe 9098's legs were found, April 20, 1996, at Blue Point Beach aprox. 1 mile west of Davis Park, Suffolk County NY.
the legs was described as: "Partial remains with soft tissues" which could fit the decompotion/timeline of Maryanne's disappearence 3 month prior.

But one problem is that there has been NONE decription of scars on Maryanne's legs.

However I still find her interesting.

JaneDoe9098andMaryannRuffin.jpg

JaneDoe9098GB4andMaryannRuffinmap-1.jpg

A, B and C : locations/addresses realted to Maryanne
D : Davis Park, Fire Island, Jane Doe 9098's legs found Apr 20, 1996
E : GB4 victims found Dec 2010
F : Jane Doe 9098 skull found April 12, 2011 off Ocean Pkwy Nassau Co, NY

Jane Doe 9098

Estimated age Adult - Pre 50
Minimum age 18 years
Maximum age 50 years
Race White
Ethnicity
Sex Female
Weight (pounds) , Cannot Estimate
Height (inches) , Cannot Estimate

The decedents left and right legs were recovered on April 20, 1996 at Blue Point Beach in the vicinity of Davis Park, Suffolk County NY.
The decedents skull was recovered on April 12, 2011 off of Ocean Pkwy in Nassau County, NY.
Body conditions (1996): Not recognizable - Partial remains with soft tissues
Torso not recovered
Hands not recovered

Scars and marks:
Right lower leg has a 3-1/2" scar on the lateral mid leg area, a 1" linear scar on the lateral mid to lower leg and a 1/2" scar on the medial ankle.
The left leg has a 2" surgical scar with adjacent suture scars on the medial left ankle.
The decedent may have had surgery on her left ankle.
The decedent had red toenail polish on all toes.

No clothing or accessories was found with the remains

Maryanne Jane Ruffini

Maryanne Jane Ruffini
First name: Maryanne
Middle name: Jane
Last name: Ruffini (Kontowt)
Nickname/Alias: Missy

http://doenetwork.org/cases/2155dfnj.html

Case File: Maryanne Jane Ruffini & 2155DFNJ
Maryanne Jane Ruffini
Case Classification: Missing
Missing Since: January 26, 1996
Location Last Seen: Edison, Middlesex Co, New Jersey

Physical Description
** Listed information is from the time of disappearance.

Date of Birth: January 26, 1968
Age at Time of Disappearance: 27
Race: Caucasian
Height at Time of Disappearance: 5'2 to 5'4
Weight at Time of Disappearance: 120-140 lbs
Hair Color: Brown
Eye Color: Blue; very bright blue eyes
Alias(s) / Nickname(s): Missy; Missy Kontowt; Maryanne Kontowt

Distinguishing Marks/Features: Scars on both wrists, scar under eyebrow. She has bipolar disorder

Dentals: Available (Charting)
Fingerprints: Available
DNA: Available
Clothing & Personal Items
Clothing: Size 13/14 Rangers jacket, size 8 blue jeans, white socks and white Nike sneakers

Jewelry: Unknown

Additional Personal Items: Unknown

Circumstances of Disappearance
Maryanne left her residence after an arguement with her husband. She has not been seen or heard from since. She has been known to travel to Inglewood, California.

Investigating Agency(s)
If you have any information about this case please contact;

Agency Name: Edison Police Department
Agency Contact Person: Det. Al Sciarrillo
Agency Phone Number: 732-248-7561

http://www.facebook.com/HelpFindMaryanneRuffini#!/HelpFindMaryanneRuffini/info

If you have any information regarding Maryanne, please call Detective Sciarillo at (732) 248-7561
Description
First name: Maryanne
Middle name: Jane
Last name: Ruffini (Kontowt)
Nickname/Alias: Missy
Date LKA: January 26, 1996
Age LKA: 27 to 28 years old
Age now: 42 years old
Race: White
Sex: Female
Height: 62.0 to 64.0 inches
Weight: 120.0 to 140.0 pounds

Maryanne also goes by the name "Maryanne Jane Kontowt".

Maryanne Jane Ruffini has been missing for 14 years. Maryanne has a history of mental and emotional trouble, including bipolar disorder.

The Edison Police Department is currently investigating the case after reopening the case.

More information can be found on NamUs (National Missing and Unidentified Persons System).

If anyone has any information regarding Maryanne, please call Detective Sciarillo @ (732) 248-7561, or the Edison, NJ police department @ (732) 248-7400.

Maryanne Jane Ruffini addresses:

U.S. Public Records Index, Volume 1
about Maryanne J Ruffini
Name: Maryanne J Ruffini
Birth Date: 20 Jun 1968
Phone Number: 602-1559
Address: 429 Inwood Rd, Linden, NJ, 07036-5323 (1994)
[18 Lehigh Ave, Edison, NJ, 08837-3219]
[28 Mercury Rd, Edison, NJ, 08817-4131]
[PO Box 575, Edison, NJ, 08818-0575 (1994)]
[430 West Ave, Sewaren, NJ, 07077-1316 (1989)]

U.S. Public Records Index, Volume 2
about Maryanne Kontowt
Name: Maryanne Kontowt
Address: 18 Lehigh Ave, Edison, NJ, 08837-3219

People Search: RUFFINI born 06/20/1968
<< Search Again

2 Matches Found (100 max.)

1. RUFFINI, MARYANNE J (Age 44)

EDISON, NJ
LINDEN, NJ
SEWAREN, NJ

Possible Relatives:

RUFFINI, Dxxxxx M (Age 47)
RUFFINI, Dxxxx L (Age 43)

Possible Roommates / Associates:

KONTOWT, Jxxx P (Age 66)
KONTOWT, Kxxxx A (Age 37)

KONTOWT, MARYANNE J

EDISON, NJ

Possible Relatives:

GENTEMPO, Dxxxxx J (Age 41)
KONTOWT, Jxxx P (Age 66)

Thank you TF for putting the pictures side by side like that and the map and other info. I love how you lay things out for comparison. I agree that she favors the sketch of JD.

I did a search for missing women with cerebral palsy that have gone missing. I haven't done any further searches into their names. Just the newspaper archives.

Here was a name that stood out:

Katia Whitaker, 20, Canton, OH, Stark County. June 1994

I did a search for missing women with cerebral palsy that have gone missing. I haven't done any further searches into their names. Just the newspaper archives.

Here was a name that stood out:

Katia Whitaker, 20, Canton, OH, Stark County. June 1994

Could you please post a link to the info on Katia Whitaker ?

I found an orthopedic surgeon who has a blog. I'm going to send an email describing the incisions as we know. Hopefully identifying what procedure may have occurred will help us in identifying this woman.

may be from osteotomy to correct bone alignment or length, possibly after car crash--just a random thought

may be from osteotomy to correct bone alignment or length, possibly after car crash--just a random thought

Read post #113 on this thread. The doctor I asked replied. I quoted his entire description of possibilities. Since we don't have bone info on the legs, we can't know if it was trauma or a muscular/tendon issue.

Valerie Cuccia

MPF0022.jpg

http://www.nymissing.org/mpf0022/#more-1598

Physical Description

Date of Birth: October 16, 1953
Race: Caucasian
Height: 5&#8242; 6&#8243;
Weight: 120 lbs.
Hair Color: Black
Eye Color: Brown
Distinguishing Marks/Features: A scar on her left calf.

Case Details

Cuccia was last seen at a discotheque on the corner of 96th Street & 3rd Avenue in Brooklyn on
May 7, 1974. She had met a friend at the PS 211 Park and together, they hitchhiked to a club. Once
the friends were inside, they seperated. Her friend saw Cuccia later in the evening
talking to two Caucasian males. She has not seen her since.

Investigators have reason to believe that Cuccia was forced by the two men into a blue metallic
passenger vehicle and taken to Massachusetts.

How long had JD 9098's remains been in the bag? I'm bad with numbers and dates. Do you think this might be her because of the scarring?

Hello everybody! I would love to say that it is nice to meet you all; unfortunately what brings us here is something profoundly sad and unjust. I'm sure that you all understand what I mean when I say that I am glad to meet you, but I wish that the circumstances of our meeting were different. :)

I am currently reading up on the Long Island (and perhaps Manorville and Atlantic City) case - and before I go any further, I would like to thank you all for the incredible amount of work, dedication and care which you have put into researching this case. The amount of information and research in these threads is remarkable, and it is a great reflection of the sincere care and respect which you clearly have for the women who have died at this person's hands, and for their families. It is truly heartwarming to see that there are so many people who care about these women (and at least one man, to our knowledge), who see them as human beings, and who will not just disregard them because of the direction their lives had taken. I feel very strongly that they deserve justice, and they deserve to be cared about and remembered, and hopefully we can go a long way towards this through our efforts here.

Alright - onto my first question! Can anybody tell me what is known about the victim whose legs were discovered on Fire Island in 1996, and whose partial remains were found in Nassau County on April 11th? I assumed that this person was female, but was that ever verified? Any ideas or suggestions about who they were, when and why they were killed, why their remains were kept (and when, and how) for 15 years?

I look forward to getting to know you all through the boards here. :)

Hello everybody! I would love to say that it is nice to meet you all; unfortunately what brings us here is something profoundly sad and unjust. I'm sure that you all understand what I mean when I say that I am glad to meet you, but I wish that the circumstances of our meeting were different. :)

I am currently reading up on the Long Island (and perhaps Manorville and Atlantic City) case - and before I go any further, I would like to thank you all for the incredible amount of work, dedication and care which you have put into researching this case. The amount of information and research in these threads is remarkable, and it is a great reflection of the sincere care and respect which you clearly have for the women who have died at this person's hands, and for their families. It is truly heartwarming to see that there are so many people who care about these women (and at least one man, to our knowledge), who see them as human beings, and who will not just disregard them because of the direction their lives had taken. I feel very strongly that they deserve justice, and they deserve to be cared about and remembered, and hopefully we can go a long way towards this through our efforts here.

Alright - onto my first question! Can anybody tell me what is known about the victim whose legs were discovered on Fire Island in 1996, and whose partial remains were found in Nassau County on April 11th? I assumed that this person was female, but was that ever verified? Any ideas or suggestions about who they were, when and why they were killed, why their remains were kept (and when, and how) for 15 years?

I look forward to getting to know you all through the boards here. :)

Hi
Welcome to WS!!!

I might not be the best help for this question but I will try my best. From what I understand is that there were two sets of remains found in Nassau County. Both of those remains are still unidentified. One set of remains were linked back to the toddler that was found a few miles away. And I have always assumed that the legs found on Fire Island belonged to the other set of remains.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
drella444
Back