Possible Victim: Shannan Gilbert, 24, missing May 2010, found Oak Beach Dec 2011 #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Doesn't that seem like an incredibly long response time? Gated community of at least fairly wealthy taxpayers and 3 911 calls from more than one person? The reporting from New Jersey and delayed knowledge seems logical, on the face of it. However, the very slow response time starts everything off as questionable.
Plus - Gus Colletti allegedly said to 911 on his phone call that Shannan was a blonde 14 yo - so why would anyone feel it was ok when this child in distress disappeared with the guy she was running from?

Occam’s razor says Pak killed her because she was a liability and - quoting Bill Clinton - he did it because he could. And was likely furious.

Then Occam can’t rest easy knowing his words of wisdom are being constantly mistakenly applied in bizarre True Crime contexts.

Problems if MP was the culprit:

1. Why withhold 911 call for a decade. What connection to the Burke situaion would MP have? Trafficker of fresh meat?

2. Why would the recordings from the gate be destroyed - could MP just simply shoot the camera and then it was just thrown away? Assuming the data wasn’t stored in the cloud. Would he have the presence of mind to do so? If he killed her in a classic pimp-prostitute setting an example fashion he wouldn’t have reconned the place like that.
I am not positive who killed Shannan, however I am pretty confident MP knows who, what, where, when, why and how.

Dr. Hackett had very close ties with the SCPD, and had access to the gate camera video, and actually met and treated Shannan that night. The 911 call was with-held in my opinion, to protect the guilty.

Even though the SCPD was not actively investigating anybody in the case for all those years, they claimed they were.

If you want to cover up a crime, hide or destroy 'all' the evidence you can. 'Leave no loose ends' is the term I believe

I am not positive who killed Shannan, however I am pretty confident MP knows who, what, where, when, why and how.

Dr. Hackett had very close ties with the SCPD, and had access to the gate camera video, and actually met and treated Shannan that night. The 911 call was with-held in my opinion, to protect the guilty.

Even though the SCPD was not actively investigating anybody in the case for all those years, they claimed they were.

If you want to cover up a crime, hide or destroy 'all' the evidence you can. 'Leave no loose ends' is the term I believe
Best defense: pretend it wasn’t a crime at all.

Correct me if I’m wrong but both autopsies found the hyoid and larynx were missing not broken. Badens report did indicate “roughness around the edges” where the hyoid bone would be attached… but I think if there was conclusive evidence it was broken he would have stated that.
Both say that the bone was broken and part was missing. The first one said there was a dent, the second said a hole. I researched it and read it is possible for the dent to turn to a hole with time so IDK if that means anything, but neither stated there was a possible accident. The first said undetermined, the second said consistent with strangulation but not confirmed (paraphrasing). I don't recall if the original noted the missing larynx

I would be less suspicious if they stated what they think the actual accident was...they never said anything specific, so it is hard to trust IMO.

Last edited:
The hypothermia theory is the least logical of all possibilities. It was not dark, wet or cold.

Your personal attack that others with sensible theories are " emotionally invested" in them rather than reasonably drawn to them defies logic.

It is not the most rational explanation that she died from hypothermia, so if there is a theory supported by emotions over fact, that is it.

Nobody can tell you how to interpret the facts. However, you have no basis to call reasonable theories emotional.

MOO
Hypothermia is so out there IMO too! May isn't exactly super hot but the weather that area was pretty warm that year and for the week after she disappeared. No rain til the 12th also according to the website time and date weather..

SG body was exposed to Atlantic Coastal winter, and two summers. So, a deep freeze, two scorching summers. There is a lot of potential for predation from animal, bird, and seaside creatures. IMO

It's been a while since I read the reports, but I think both stated there was minimal animal activity, but I don't know how they could make that determination. It was a very long time that she was out there. Dr. Baden didn't have much to go on in the form of notes, the original was very vague and didn't even note that her jeans were not found on her body. Most of the police reports were written by the NJ Police too, I thought that was strange, but I assume there are possibly more reports that are not public, or maybe I just haven't discovered them. The court transcripts were so odd, John Ray attempted to gain so much basic info and was denied over and over, maybe they lost them. So many unanswered questions.

SG body was exposed to Atlantic Coastal winter, and two summers. So, a deep freeze, two scorching summers. There is a lot of potential for predation from animal, bird, and seaside creatures. IMO
It’s interesting that she could flail naked into a marsh that LE can’t be bothered to systematically traverse even after finding 10+ bodies in the vicinity.

By now, I was hoping there would be some sort of comment from somebody, regarding the fact that RH knew or was associated with the individuals involved in Shannan's death.

Joseph Brewer, Dr. Hackett, Michael Pak, or other residents of Oak Beach.

Just as useful would be a comment that RH, knew none of these people, never associated with them and had no contact with them.

re post, fwiw..
June 24 '24 rbbm
''A private pathologist hired by the Gilbert family found insufficient evidence to confirm a cause of death. Renowned forensic pathologist Michael Baden, however, said Gilbert had suffered injuries "consistent with homicidal strangulation."

A taxi driver said in a sworn statement previously that she believes she saw Gilbert and Heuermann at the Sayville Motor Lodge. Gilbert allegedly told the cab driver that she met Heuermann on Craigslist and was promised financial assistance.''

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jdogcatfish
Back