Possible Victim: Shannan Gilbert

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, I see you posted the article but... uhmmm... discussion isn't allowed in the media thread, right??

I was just looking for any comments/theories as to why Hackett's call came from NJ (near SG's home). I just don't know where to look for this discussion, but maybe you can link me up.

The call itself is strange, but now seems even more puzzling if he made it from New Jersey. OR is Gilberts' attorney (Ray) mistaken/misquoted in the article?? OR is it just coincidence that the doctor was in New Jersey near Gilbert's home??

Per Dr Hackett's letter/s to 48 Hours he says, "I spoke with Alex on May 6th at 7:20pm and at 7:25pm I called *advertiser censored*-*advertiser censored*-XXXX at his request and spoke with Mrs Gilbert. We spoke for 4 minutes".

So any help with directions to previous theories on this is greatly appreciated :)

I remember reading something like first call was from his wife's phone (one day earlier than he admits) and it was revealed during the trial. (Quite sure I read that and I think the source is still online but can't find any links to it)

I remember reading something like first call was from his wife's phone (one day earlier than he admits) and it was revealed during the trial. (Quite sure I read that and I think the source is still online but can't find any links to it)

I found this post by TKMB (I believe it's from Kolker's book), and the beginning of the post says:

As a new smoking gun, Ray finally unveiled Mari’s phone records, which showed that the doctor had made a five-minute phone call to Mari on May 3, 2010, two days after Shannan disappeared and three days before the calls he’d previously admitted to. “Hackett told 48 Hours the first conversation was May 6,” Ray said. “And he claimed he and his wife searched their records and this was all they came up with. Hackett is deliberately lying.”

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?202892-Court&p=9658730#post9658730

So, the call he made May 3rd placed him near SG's home... so, so odd!! (imo)

Jeez what a strange freakin' character...
Medical issue, then jumps back up, and steps forward touching the camera guys' equipment??
"Don't call 911" (insinuating they'll be in trouble if they do?))
"I am a doctor."
"I don't need assistance."
"Take pictures of these clowns."

I thought he said it was his defibrillator? Either way, I thought it seemed like he was faking it so he didn't have to answer anymore questions.

I found this post by TKMB (I believe it's from Kolker's book), and the beginning of the post says:

As a new smoking gun, Ray finally unveiled Mari’s phone records, which showed that the doctor had made a five-minute phone call to Mari on May 3, 2010, two days after Shannan disappeared and three days before the calls he’d previously admitted to. “Hackett told 48 Hours the first conversation was May 6,” Ray said. “And he claimed he and his wife searched their records and this was all they came up with. Hackett is deliberately lying.”

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?202892-Court&p=9658730#post9658730

So, the call he made May 3rd placed him near SG's home... so, so odd!! (imo)

I can think of a couple of scenarios that would have put him near her home in the days/hours after SG disappeared. Perhaps he got her address by offering her a ride home or by rummaging through her personal effects.

The new investigating team will likely start back at square one in reviewing all the evidence to see what it tells them, including everything about SG's case.

My gut feeling is they will come to a different conclusion about what led to her death and who was involved. Just reading the posts above about the information recently released from her autopsy and the second opinion given by Michael Baden confirms my original suspicions. IMO, people at Oak Beach were involved in her death and the previous LE team may not have pursued the evidence as they should have.

IMO all the previous theories advanced by LE are out. Everything is open to consideration, depending on where a new review of all the LISK evidence takes the investigation.

I can think of a couple of scenarios that would have put him near her home in the days/hours after SG disappeared. Perhaps he got her address by offering her a ride home or by rummaging through her personal effects.

The new investigating team will likely start back at square one in reviewing all the evidence to see what it tells them, including everything about SG's case.

My gut feeling is they will come to a different conclusion about what led to her death and who was involved. Just reading the posts above about the information recently released from her autopsy and the second opinion given by Michael Baden confirms my original suspicions. IMO, people at Oak Beach were involved in her death and the previous LE team may not have pursued the evidence as they should have.

IMO all the previous theories advanced by LE are out. Everything is open to consideration, depending on where a new review of all the LISK evidence takes the investigation.

Agreed. Hopefully we'll get to take a fresh look at facts as well now that the investigation is being re-done with different staffing.

I saw an interesting suggestion on some website but can't find them now, someone suggested the Lattingtown victim was a missing asian women and the circumstances of her disappearance may have had something to do with the type of passport/immigration crime that Michael Pak was arrested for. An Asian Male, the Lattingtown victim, and Michael Pak was arrested for some time of human smuggling crime or something? Shannan was running from Pak. What's the link between the drifter and Pak, in my opinion this may be the key. WHO WAS THE DRIFTER? Someone knows. Once they come forward and we know for sure only THEN can we move forward and gain ground in this case

I saw an interesting suggestion on some website but can't find them now, someone suggested the Lattingtown victim was a missing asian women and the circumstances of her disappearance may have had something to do with the type of passport/immigration crime that Michael Pak was arrested for. An Asian Male, the Lattingtown victim, and Michael Pak was arrested for some time of human smuggling crime or something? Shannan was running from Pak. What's the link between the drifter and Pak, in my opinion this may be the key. WHO WAS THE DRIFTER? Someone knows. Once they come forward and we know for sure only THEN can we move forward and gain ground in this case
I feel like it might even be as simple as no drifter!!! Pak and JB.

Did everyone know Gus Coletti passed away in March 2015? I saw no mention here. I found out by reading these comments on a news12 article from the other day:

"A girl I knew along time ago, now lives in California, read this story when it first broke.
She e mailed me saying she recognized the name of a man then living in Gilgo, who used to live in Massapequa, as did she.
In fact she used to baby sit his kids.
Her only comment was, that her girlfriends back then felt uncomfortable sitting for this man. She did not elaborate, and I did not inquire.
Perhaps he was simply flirtatious with his young female sitters.

While the man in question might have been the last person to see Shannon Gilbert alive, he would have been 75 yo, at that time. He passed away this past year, at the age of 80.
The girl I was talking with, babysat 45 to 50 years ago.
Sometimes things are just coincidence, unless this was some satanic cult of seniors citizens.
Shannon did say, "They are trying to kill me".
What a great story for Stephen King!
http://longisland.news12.com/news/fbi-to-profile-killer-in-gilgo-beach-murders-1.11304260

Does anyone remember the story flukeyou repeated over and over about the woman who ran screaming for help naked from a house on Long Island years before Shannan? Well i think i found it from 2001:

" But neighbors said they have noticed something fishy going on at Roll's two-acre spread for more than a year. They alerted cops to the suspicious late-night activity. Several described a bizarre incident in which a "tall blond woman, wearing just panties and a bra," frantically ran from house to house on a cold winter afternoon asking for someone to call the police. "We had neighborhood complaints of cars coming and going at the property," Teehan said. "So we set up surveillance.

http://www.nydailynews.com/archives...ix-hills-called-hooker-haven-article-1.933536

Could wolf hill road man be a murdered John from Dix hills bordello?
http://troopers.ny.gov/Wanted_and_M...=016626c0-1a8e-4c04-b675-9641fdcabdaa&printer

Good Catch LL6. Indicative of what goes on in Suffolk County.

Does anyone remember the story flukeyou repeated over and over about the woman who ran screaming for help naked from a house on Long Island years before Shannan? Well i think i found it from 2001:

" But neighbors said they have noticed something fishy going on at Roll's two-acre spread for more than a year. They alerted cops to the suspicious late-night activity. Several described a bizarre incident in which a "tall blond woman, wearing just panties and a bra," frantically ran from house to house on a cold winter afternoon asking for someone to call the police. "We had neighborhood complaints of cars coming and going at the property," Teehan said. "So we set up surveillance.

http://www.nydailynews.com/archives...ix-hills-called-hooker-haven-article-1.933536

Could wolf hill road man be a murdered John from Dix hills bordello?
http://troopers.ny.gov/Wanted_and_M...=016626c0-1a8e-4c04-b675-9641fdcabdaa&printer

Snip

"Arrested were homeowner Stuart Roll, 69, of Hunting Hill Drive, his housekeeper-companion, a Polish national, Anna Zuchowska, 23, and Kevin Callanan, 32, of Manorville, a former Suffolk County assistant district attorney, who was charged with patronizing the business."

http://www.nydailynews.com/archives/news/turning-tricks-tony-dix-hills-article-1.928674

Hawk, I can't find the second story you mentioned. The only thing that I can find is about a 52 year old man found dead on the beach. .... no mention of identity.

The reason you couldn't find it is because the police gave minimal information about it.. They refused to give the papers his name saying as the dead man wasn't a victim of a crime there was no need to give them his name. His name only became known by someone cross indexing names in the obituary notices.

The name of that man is: Michael Daniel Drivers. Date of death is listed as 8/28/15 or 26. He was found dead outside of a local club room used by Centerport residents to use for parties or other such events. Reports varied as to how he became dead. Some reports suggest he was drunk and crashing a Sweet 16 Party and was thrown out by the father of one of the kids. Other stories suggest a couple of kids beat the crap out of him.

What I have heard is there is now an amended death certificate that states the cause of death is HOMICIDE. No particulars as to the definition as to what kind of homicide. I understand there are witnesses that saw a savage beating done to this man and there is photographic evidence this man took a savage beating. Everyone knows who did it, but the police and DA refuse to do anything about it.

HEY!!! MYSTERYATTIC. You are starting a lot of trouble asking questions about things that make you curious. All you are doing is to throw a match into gasoline (me) and get a raging fire going.

HEY!!! MYSTERYATTIC. You are starting a lot of trouble asking questions about things that make you curious. All you are doing is to throw a match into gasoline (me) and get a raging fire going.
Can't even find an obituary for that poor fellow.Sad!

Can't even find an obituary for that poor fellow.Sad!

Take that back I found it. Sad story. Does not sound like someone who would do anything to warrant getting dead by homicide. I'm glad I don't live up in the Godless north!

Did the police ever talk to the drifter? When Selim algar from the post called his mother he was told the drifter had told his mom not to worry and she believed he was in Georgia. Now if the drifter was out of town, did the police actually track him down and interview him? I have a hard time believing these lazy cops flew their piggy 'hinds down to georgia to interview this guy.

I want to know why Blue didn't detect the scent and locate/find Shannan's remains.
In addition did Investigators find her:
blonde wig
metal jaw plate
her bra
her tank top
Was any jewelry found (the other earring, a bracelet, necklace or any rings or piercing jewelry)

Was the vegetation and soil, under her skeleton consistent with having a decomposing body lying there for 18 months

Were the exposed bones (those facing upward) different color than the unexposed bones and the bones that came in contact with the soil and any vegetation.

Was there any indication of animal activity on the bones

What was the condition of her teeth (any broken teeth?)

Was silt found in the pockets of the jeans and inside the purse

Were fingerprints found on the purse or cellphone

Was any data able to be recovered from the actual phone?

Until I know the answer to those questions and know if tests to provide answers to the above were even conducted...then I cannot even make an educated guess.

But, based on the fact that the ME, eight months after autopsy, still hasn't released the remains and the above questions have not been answered, publicly, I lean toward Foul Play.

Genius, excited for Baden, I will never beleive she died from hypothermia, and if there was no heart attack or aneurism, she was murdered and posed out there,

They couldn't find drag marks going into the marsh? Broken vegetation? But I am not sure I feel a connection with Atlantic city...not down on the theory, just doesn't feel the same. But then I think oh maybe a dump site for this guy when he does his ho strolls in AC...just bar hopping and murdering.

Anyone got streaming link?

"Authorities have not said whether they have questioned or even made contact with the second man, who is believed to be somewhere in Georgia. It is presumed that the police are considering the man to be a suspect in Gilbert’s disappearance and/or the disposition of the bodies discovered along the beach.

The Post claims to have interviewed the man’s mother, who said of her son, "He called me. He told me not to worry if his name was in the papers related to the case."

http://www.examiner.com/article/li-police-id-new-possible-suspect-case-of-missing-hooker

BTW whoever wrote the Confessions book is not the real drifter. He says he wasn't there he was recovering from a car accident injury in FL. He says Brewer made up the "blatant lie". In my opinion, this guy isn't the real drifter, whoever the drifter is, he was there that night. This is just a guy who had stayed with Brewer and figured he could pawn himself off as the real drifter. He said the police refused to release the drifters name "but it doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out who they are talking about". I guess this guy figured he could make some money if he sold the drifter's story. But I don't believe he is the drifter, whoever the drifter was, he WAS there that night. Does anyone have more info?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sarah573x