Possible Victim: Shannan Gilbert

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think Pak seems the most believable of all of the men involved in Shannon's last night Hackett's refusal to take a lie detector testis a red flag.

Hackett has an obsession with operation and dismemberment.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Some reports say they passed and others say they were inconclusive.

Brewer says he passed, but the results were inconclusive.

Polygraphs done in Suffolk County are like *advertiser censored* on a bull - useless.

Jim Burke took one when he became a cop and we know how that worked out.

but-why-do-you-not-believe-her-death-was-an-accident?
Because Shannan reached out from the spirit world to let it be known that the one who plays phone games killed her. I don't expect u to believe this. I know how crazy this sounds.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Lie Detector test results are chronically unreliable, inconsistent and inconclusive. In many jurisdictions they are not admissible in courts. The fact somebody passed or failed a lie detector test is usually meaningless.

IMO

[I agree with you... But she was placed close enough so that the killer could still feel she was part of his collection he

had to dispose of her in a slightly different manner than the other four because too many people had seen her and it had to look like an accident.QUOTE=NY Ranger Fan;13012167]I think after SG wigged out, they had to do something with her and being found alive and talking wasn't an option. Too many locals had heard or saw her so the death had to look accidental and she couldn't be added in with the other 4.

My question is how she got from the doctor's house to where she was found? Easiest route would be by car back on the OP and then to where she was found. Probably a 2-person operation. Whoever it was threw the dice and correctly guessed that she wouldn't be discovered for a while.[/QUOTE]

Because Shannan reached out from the spirit world to let it be known that the one who plays phone games killed her. I don't expect u to believe this. I know how crazy this sounds.

I do believe in those things, the question is if it was a legit medium.

Here's what I've been wondering (sorry if this has been mentioned already - the thread is long!). Dr. Hackett calls and says he's running a some sort of home for wayward girls and tells Gilbert's mother that he gave her a sedative. Later he denies this. It was rumored that he provided neighbors with drugs. Gilbert was bouncing from house to house (this we do know). It seems quite obvious that she could have also knocked on Hackett's door. He's a doctor, maybe he let her in and tried to calm her down and what if he gave her a sedative or some other drug. What if she then ran out of his house like she did elsewhere and went into the brambles, the drug then kicked in, and she crashed. Maybe it was a bad mix of drugs, or one drug, or the fact that she was manic due to being bipolar and was drugged… and just didn't wake up. Overdose? The coroner didn't check for elicit drugs, right? So perhaps Hackett really did call to see if she was okay but once he discovered that she was missing he denied ever calling because he would be partially responsible for her death even though it was unintended.

Of course, a serial killer or killers are on the loose and this could all be too much of a coincidence. I still think that Hackett is at least somehow involved in Gilbert's death if not others.

Thoughts?

Here's what I've been wondering (sorry if this has been mentioned already - the thread is long!). Dr. Hackett calls and says he's running a some sort of home for wayward girls and tells Gilbert's mother that he gave her a sedative. Later he denies this. It was rumored that he provided neighbors with drugs. Gilbert was bouncing from house to house (this we do know). It seems quite obvious that she could have also knocked on Hackett's door. He's a doctor, maybe he let her in and tried to calm her down and what if he gave her a sedative or some other drug. What if she then ran out of his house like she did elsewhere and went into the brambles, the drug then kicked in, and she crashed. Maybe it was a bad mix of drugs, or one drug, or the fact that she was manic due to being bipolar and was drugged… and just didn't wake up. Overdose? The coroner didn't check for elicit drugs, right? So perhaps Hackett really did call to see if she was okay but once he discovered that she was missing he denied ever calling because he would be partially responsible for her death even though it was unintended.

Of course, a serial killer or killers are on the loose and this could all be too much of a coincidence. I still think that Hackett is at least somehow involved in Gilbert's death if not others.

Thoughts?
I think she was drugged way before that, that's what made her go out screaming someone was trying to kill her. And the last part is exactly what happened, she was high, in an unknown place and got lost and died. They've even said that when people have hypothermia they take their clothes off. Is Long Island cold enough to cause hypothermia? I don't know, I've never been.

I think she was drugged way before that, that's what made her go out screaming someone was trying to kill her. And the last part is exactly what happened, she was high, in an unknown place and got lost and died. They've even said that when people have hypothermia they take their clothes off. Is Long Island cold enough to cause hypothermia? I don't know, I've never been.

I don't buy the hypothermia theory. Her coat (that she was wearing when she was knocking on doors) was found on the road and her jeans and purse were found not far from where she supposedly entered the marsh. I don't think she started tearing her clothes off from hypothermia just minutes after being outside. The way she was dressed, I doubt it was bitter cold outside. I know I don't wear sleeveless shirts and strappy sandals in cold weather.

I don't buy the hypothermia theory. Her coat (that she was wearing when she was knocking on doors) was found on the road and her jeans and purse were found not far from where she supposedly entered the marsh. I don't think she started tearing her clothes off from hypothermia just minutes after being outside. The way she was dressed, I doubt it was bitter cold outside. I know I don't wear sleeveless shirts and strappy sandals in cold weather.

it was found on the road? after 6 months?

I do believe in those things, the question is if it was a legit medium.
It was me personally and not sure how accurate I am but I have had similar experiences one other time with a murder victim michelle wallace. Well I was reading Shannon's story back in 2011 and the smoke alarm starting going off in my house. No smoke....I went to bed and my husband was sleeping next to me when his cell phone started to ring my cell phone. I have met with an experienced medium about this case as well. She was also involved in the Michelle Wallace case.

[Yes she very well could have ended up at Hacketts but if she did and she stayed or ran out of his house he should have also called 911 that night just as Gus Coletti and Barabra Breannan did... The only reason not to call 911 would be if he had evil intentions for interacting with Shannon that night...
...............QUOTE=meghan;13014191]Here's what I've been wondering (sorry if this has been mentioned already - the thread is long!). Dr. Hackett calls and says he's running a some sort of home for wayward girls and tells Gilbert's mother that he gave her a sedative. Later he denies this. It was rumored that he provided neighbors with drugs. Gilbert was bouncing from house to house (this we do know). It seems quite obvious that she could have also knocked on Hackett's door. He's a doctor, maybe he let her in and tried to calm her down and what if he gave her a sedative or some other drug. What if she then ran out of his house like she did elsewhere and went into the brambles, the drug then kicked in, and she crashed. Maybe it was a bad mix of drugs, or one drug, or the fact that she was manic due to being bipolar and was drugged… and just didn't wake up. Overdose? The coroner didn't check for elicit drugs, right? So perhaps Hackett really did call to see if she was okay but once he discovered that she was missing he denied ever calling because he would be partially responsible for her death even though it was unintended.

Thoughts?[/QUOTE]

It was me personally and not sure how accurate I am but I have had similar experiences one other time with a murder victim michelle wallace. Well I was reading Shannon's story back in 2011 and the smoke alarm starting going off in my house. No smoke....I went to bed and my husband was sleeping next to me when his cell phone started to ring my cell phone. I have met with an experienced medium about this case as well. She was also involved in the Michelle Wallace case.

Interesting.

Hypothermia.., Does anyone know the weather conditions that night? We need to know that before we can do decide if hypothermia would have been a factor or the cause of Shannons death that night...

Hypothermia.., Does anyone know the weather conditions that night? We need to know that before we can do decide if hypothermia would have been a factor or the cause of Shannons death that night...
I agree with this. According to The Killing Season show, she had hypothermia. But who knows, this very show said no serial killer had buried in their backyard in 500 years, which of course is not true.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
world1971