Possible victims

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

snarast

Reaction score
This is mostly a hunch based on facial symmetry (a pet pieve) but what do you think or do you have other speculations you feel are interesting enough to share?

I recently noticed the horrific story surrounding Tammy Mahoney’s disappearance. And I was struck by her physical similarity to Maureen Brainard-Barnes.

It happened in 1981 so it’s obviously a very long time ago. Still.

She was a Long Island resident.

Attachments

• IMG_3657.jpeg
    IMG_3657.jpeg
    46.6 KB · Views: 4
Last edited:
Tina Foglia reported missing February 3rd 1981

View attachment 508439
Yes, Tina, had her in mind last night and intended on commenting today about the possibility she ran into a certain architect! imo.
Also thinking of the Swedish nanny..

Last edited:
Rex would have been around 17 in 1981
Thank you for pointing this out. It was February 1982. Rex would have been 18.

Source: https://pix11.com/news/local-news/l...has-eerie-parallels-to-li-serial-killer-case/

Highlights from this article, concerning the possible connections to LISK
“They cut her arms and legs off,” Gagliardi told PIX11. “Put arms in one bag, legs in another, and her torso in another.”

Sagtikos Parkway runs north and south — the southern part of the roadway leads to Robert Moses Causeway, which takes drivers into Captree State Park, a gateway to Ocean Parkway — which runs through Oak and Gilgo Beaches. These two beaches are central to the current Long Island Serial Killer investigation.

I have Tina Foglia as a possibility on my list.

I don't have Karina Holmer mostly because she was murdered and dumped in a very visible place and had been out with a bunch of friends that night. Rex seemed to really like his control and privacy. Luring his victims out of their comfort zones on their own and really seems to like dump sites off the beaten path - at least by 1996.

Please let me know what you think of this one.
Jamie was a sex worker and headed to NYC from her home in NJ.
It has been noted that Rex lured his victims with generous amounts of money for their services.
She was last see July 22, 2005.
Same time Asa was usually out of the country.
Jamie has not been found.

Jamie Diane Seymour / NamUs #MP14834

TrackMissing: Jamie Diane Seymour

Please let me know what you think of this one.
Jamie was a sex worker and headed to NYC from her home in NJ.
It has been noted that Rex lured his victims with generous amounts of money for their services.
She was last see July 22, 2005.
Same time Asa was usually out of the country.
Jamie has not been found.

Jamie Diane Seymour / NamUs #MP14834

TrackMissing: Jamie Diane Seymour
After reading the bail document I don't think anyone is off the cards at this point. Did she have any tattoos or any identifying marks? The namus page won't load for me

I know this isn’t LI, but the indication that she was bound stands out to me.

She was found by trash naked and placed in a position where the killer seemed to place her in a cross-like position balanced on garage strings with her arms directed out from her body.

Veronica Wiederhold, 19, Mount Vernon, 14/2 1988.

5’3 105 lbs

Last edited:
Last edited:
I know this isn’t LI, but the indication that she was bound stands out to me.

She was found by trash naked and placed in a position where the killer seemed to place her in a cross-like position balanced on garage strings with her arms directed out from her body.

Veronica Wiederhold, 19, Mount Vernon, 14/2 1988.

5’3 105 lbs

I always had a feeling he was involved, in her case!! The victim was from close area from the perpetrator!

Totally, totally agreed on Jamie Seymour, I actually found Snarast's thread searching up info on Jamie Seymour, who was headed for the Port Authority.
Many are mentioning Tina Foglia. Not seeing Carmen Vargas yet, but he's mentioned very often with Carmen Vargas. One YouTuber was mentioning he might be connected with the Lynbrook cases.
With all the posing with Sandra Costilla, I don't know why they're not really looking at him for AC/Eastbound. Veronica Wiederhold connection with the posing and Valentine's Day.

Think he may have had a hand in New Bedford, the New Bedford Highway Killer. And some of these victims had their feet positioned (posed) so their feet were pointing towards the highway. (They're searching in the vicinity at Westport MA)

MOO, he resembles the young man in the sketch associated with the murder of Lynda Moore/CT River Valley Killer, 1986. She'd been sunbathing the day she was killed, it reminded me of the leering RH story with the neighbor's sunbathing wife. (They were just up searching there in the Newport NH area on those cases fairly recently.)

Definitely seeing the resemblance between MBB and Tammy Mahoney.

Weirdly, I'm wondering if he may have had something to do with Lisa McBride's (NJ) case, too. Her body was exhumed in 2022 (the year LE targeted RH). Source: "McBride's naked body was found by hunters off Old Mine Road in Sandyston, part of the Delaware Water Gap National Recreation Area" in 1990. Background: LMcB finished up her job at a bank in Newfoundland NJ on June 22 1990. "She and three friends went to the Beacon Theater in Manhattan...stopped around 12:30 a.m. at Big John's Pub on Route 23 in Newfoundland... McBride drank three beers, talked to several people and reportedly gave three old friends her telephone number...Neighbors observed her enter her HIghland Lakes home around 2 a.m....That was the last time McBride was seen alive....McBride's brother arrived at his sister's home 10 a.m., noticed her car was in the driveway... did not find his sister" Lights were on things were moved, evidently someone slit holes into a window screen and entered that way. Cut the phone wire. Her body was found by the hunters months later.

Wondering if RH may have had some weird role in that because she'd been to a theatre in Manhattan near where he'd end up opening his office. She was from Jersey and RH's wife to be (married a couple of mos later) was from North Brunswick, NJ. LMcB's body was found in an area known to hunters, RH did hunting. The victim's father lived at some point in Long Island, and also Sparta NJ, which brings me to how I found Lisa's case. Looking at his "thawk" email associated with the numbers 080672, I wondered if the "thawk" was related to Tomahawk, maybe like a location with "Tomahawk" in the name, and there's a Tomahawk Lake in NJ. Sparta NJ and it's not far from where LMcB's body was found in the Delaware Water Gap area. The Delaware River runs through that Water Gap area, and has its terminus in/near the 08067 zip code of NJ in Salem Township. And there's an old army/air force installation there in that 08067 zip that was in use during WWII, Camp Pedricktown, that had partial closure in 1990 and is today abandoned. I find all of that a little weird with the numbers and the thawk, but probably just a coincidence. Whatever about RH, I'd suspect an SK.

Last edited:
This girl's information was loaded into Namus by the Gilgo Task Force in 2022. "Judith Ramona Veloz, who was 19 in 1993, went missing from Manhattan’s West Side more than 17 years before the 'Gilgo Four' were found." Continues: "The NamUs site said Judith Ramona Veloz last had contact with friends or family on March 3, 1993, just over 30 years ago.

She looks exactly like Shannan Gilbert to me.
Investigators with the Gilgo Beach Homicide Investigation Task Force added the profile of Judith Ramona Veloz, a Bronx teen who vanished from Manhattan in 1993, to a national missing persons database last October. (Credit: NamUS)

March 3, 3/03, makes me think of "Sandbagger303," and I wonder if that's why her remains have never been found.

Last edited:
Carmen Vargas.
1719744908470.png
"Investigators described Carmen as a woman who stood at about 5 feet 1 inches tall and weighed 105 lbs. She had a thin build, black hair, and brown eyes....Carmen’s remains were ultimately found by a passing motorist who had pulled over on the shoulder of the Meadowbrook Parkway in Freeport in September 1989." This is right around the time RH was working as an intern architect in Freeport.

upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/7/7f/... 1719809236139.png
Does anyone think that sketch on the left could be a young Rex?

This sketch is in association with a victim usually associated with the CT River Valley Killer. But it's a 1986 case and is considered something of an "outlier" in terms of the cases as a whole and may have been a different killer. The sketch is definitely different from others in association w/CT River Valley Killer.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tammiwinks
Back