Post sentencing discussion and the upcoming appeal

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Photos of Reeva as a baby and through her teens. She started modelling at 15.

Attachments

• Baby Reeva.jpg
    Baby Reeva.jpg
    26.6 KB · Views: 21
  • Reeva2.jpg
    Reeva2.jpg
    52.6 KB · Views: 26
  • Reeva3.jpg
    Reeva3.jpg
    73.4 KB · Views: 22
  • Reeva6.jpg
    Reeva6.jpg
    86.4 KB · Views: 23
  • Reeva7.jpg
    Reeva7.jpg
    17.5 KB · Views: 24
Photos of Reeva in her 20s.

Attachments

• Reeva10.jpg
    Reeva10.jpg
    93.5 KB · Views: 24
  • Reeva11.jpg
    Reeva11.jpg
    39.2 KB · Views: 24
  • Reeva12.jpg
    Reeva12.jpg
    34.6 KB · Views: 26
  • Reeva13.jpg
    Reeva13.jpg
    30.2 KB · Views: 25
  • Reeva14.jpg
    Reeva14.jpg
    30.8 KB · Views: 25
Photos of Reeva as a baby and through her teens. She started modelling at 15.

What a beautiful girl!
She always is described as a funny person, but I'm seeing sadness in many of her portraits and that makes me sad too. Did she somehow "know" her fate? I think of the paintings, she had done and of the last words on her leave of Treasure Islands.
The more I read, the more I find her's a very, very sadly destiny. If I were her mother/father, I would never be able to forgive OP, never! There isn't a single excuse for him to kill and to kill in THAT way and to lie about all and everything.
We need a re-trial!

I just found this old tweet

Jenna Edkins @JennaEdkins • 24 Jun 2012

I will give up everything for love.. As long as I know it is willing to give up everything for me.. #Ifyoushowmeillshowyou

I will give up everything for love.. As long as I know it is willing to give up everything for me.. #Ifyoushowmeillshowyou

Sounds like a demanding woman! (sarcastic) I'd say that she realised that OP would not give up anything for her!

But anyone can say anything .. even people on the internet, no especially people on the internet .. it's all just hearsay or rumour*. I think all that kind of speculation just takes away from finding out the real facts of the matter of the actual case itself, and in trying to establish exactly what happened that night. Trying to work out if he took a trip to Mozambique at Easter, just because someone on the internet says someone in a nail salon happened to mention something, is clutching at straws imo and sidetracking the main, horrific event and trying to find out what really happened to Reeva.

* a bit like how, a few weeks ago, someone here was saying how they knew someone, who knew someone else, who lived fairly near Arnold Pistorius and that this person knew this that or the other (I'm not saying what because I noticed the post was removed, presumably because it could've been libelous) .. anyone could basically say anything, and unless there is some actual proof of these things, then they should be taken with a pinch of salt. And I'm not exactly one to stick up for Pistorius, I just think we should be sticking to actual fact here.

BBM It was NOT someone on the internet. It was from the direct source in person direct to me!

IMO I get the impression that Uncle Arnold and family traditionally spent holidays such as Easter and Christmas in Mozambique and felt they could not leave Pistorius at home alone. They were responsible for his welfare. He could have suicided while they were away or got up to some mischief.

I lived in Maputo Mozambique for eight years and travelled down to Joburg many times. There is no first class seats. There is only economy and business class both on S.A. airways and LAM (Mozambiques airline).
As its a while since I was there I just checked to see if this still applies and it is still the same.

Many people get mixed up with Business and First Class when they themselves travel economy. In this case, what she meant was that OP was sitting in the best seats available on that flight. I have been to over 100 countries and always travel economy class and would not know the difference between first and business class as I have never travelled in either of those classes. She was not sitting in OP's section. She just had to walk through it to get to her seat when she noticed him.

I lived in Maputo Mozambique for eight years and travelled down to Joburg many times. There is no first class seats. There is only economy and business class both on S.A. airways and LAM (Mozambiques airline).
As its a while since I was there I just checked to see if this still applies and it is still the same.

It appears that when I read this again that I gave the impression that she said her seat was also in First class but it was not. Sorry about that. She sat in a different section.

Useful to know, but in my head "business class" would equate to first class. It's just marketing terminology. It's still a two-tier system. If someone referred to "business class" as first class, it wouldn't cast doubt on their credibility to me.

I agree as I have just stated that on another post. Thanks for supporting me. I do not understand why there has been all this nit picking about it. I did not read it on the internet. It was said to me directly and I am not making it up.

BBM It was NOT someone on the internet. It was from the direct source in person direct to me!

IMO I get the impression that Uncle Arnold and family traditionally spent holidays such as Easter and Christmas in Mozambique and felt they could not leave Pistorius at home alone. They were responsible for his welfare. He could have suicided while they were away or got up to some mischief.

BBM .. no, what I mean is that you posted it on the internet .. and how can anyone just take something that someone has said on the internet at face value? Most of us on here don't know each other from Adam, and anyone could say anything .. and that's exactly what people do on the internet. You can't actually say for a fact that something happened unless you have proof to back it up with.

I agree as I have just stated that on another post. Thanks for supporting me. I do not understand why there has been all this nit picking about it. I did not read it on the internet. It was said to me directly and I am not making it up.

BBM .. it's not nit-picking .. it's that all this type of stuff is just hearsay and rumour with nothing to substantiate that it actually happened. I thought this was supposed to be a sluething forum using actual fact .. there is no point if people are just going to say any old thing. As I said before, someone on here previously said that they knew someone, who knew someone else, who knew someone else (I'm exaggerating a bit here) who lived near to Arnold Pistorius and that because of that, they were able to tell us various 'goings on'. Sorry, but I can't take all that kind of thing as serious fact .. it may well be true, it may not be, but without anything to substantiate it then I don't believe these types of things should be taken into consideration because people can and do say stuff on the internet which isn't actually true.

I've been doing a bit of googling and it seems .. I can't be 100% sure .. that Arnold Pistorius has his own private plane* .. presumably the family uses that when they go to Mozambique? (that's if Arnold Pistorius does actually own one.. I've only been able to find comments posted by people on the internet, I haven't been able to find any photos or other proof of it).

* in any case, brother Leo has a flight charter company, as one of his many business interests.

It appears that when I read this again that I gave the impression that she said her seat was also in First class but it was not. Sorry about that. She sat in a different section.

Hi Estelle, yes the only reason I replied to your post was because I had understood that this person was in first class. I hadn't looked on the O.P threads since he went in prison and yesterday was the first time and just as I started to look through saw your post. I only replied to it as I knew there was no first class not because I was disputing what the young lady told you regarding seeing O.P. Also now that I realise she was in economy I realise she could have thought it was first class. I feel terrible if I have upset you and you think I am nitpicking. I do apologise, I always enjoy your posts and you have a lot of interesting things to write about. You have much more experience on the threads than me as you can see I am still a novice.

I may have to sue Jenna for copywrite infringements !!

I actually originated that quote and it should read............." I will give up everything for beer"..etc etc.

:)

Hi Colonel, nice to see you back. It's very lonely here these days and I miss all the chatter. Hope you're enjoying your weekend. As you'll read, they say OP wouldn't have enjoyed his birthday yesterday. But hey, it was on a Saturday and no doubt the family and the Pistorians will have brought him birthday cakes and pressies. I wonder if BabyShoes will pay him a visit during his incarceration?

There are so many things I find strange about the night Reeva was killed.

1. That Reeva didn't have a shower. (she was killed wearing the same top she was wearing when she arrived to the estate)
2. That there was no intimacy between the 2 of them. OP had asked her to stay the night, that would imply he was interested in intimacy in my opinion.
(When OP is being initimate with someone, does he keep is legs on or take them off?) He did view *advertiser censored* that night, that may indicate he was getting in the mood for some intimacy.
3. The dented metal plate on the bath.
4. The accuracy of his shots- I am wondering if he could see her in the toilet through the first bullet hole in the door ( as I do believe the light was on while he shot).
5. What could have possibly made him that mad - that he shot her? (I am aware she had seen her ex a few days before)
6. The position of her shoes indicate that she she was sitting on the bed at some time.
7. The jeans in the bedroom are significant because Oscar made sure he mentioned that he grabbed them to cover the light on the stereo. There is a reason he mentioned them and I am not exactly sure why.

Things just don't add up.

There are so many things I find strange about the night Reeva was killed.

1. That Reeva didn't have a shower. (she was killed wearing the same top she was wearing when she arrived to the estate)
2. That there was no intimacy between the 2 of them. OP had asked her to stay the night, that would imply he was interested in intimacy in my opinion.
(When OP is being initimate with someone, does he keep is legs on or take them off?) He did view *advertiser censored* that night, that may indicate he was getting in the mood for some intimacy.
3. The dented metal plate on the bath.
4. The accuracy of his shots- I am wondering if he could see her in the toilet through the first bullet hole in the door ( as I do believe the light was on while he shot).
5. What could have possibly made him that mad - that he shot her? (I am aware she had seen her ex a few days before)
6. The position of her shoes indicate that she she was sitting on the bed at some time.
7. The jeans in the bedroom are significant because Oscar made sure he mentioned that he grabbed them to cover the light on the stereo. There is a reason he mentioned them and I am not exactly sure why.

Things just don't add up.
Some food for thought there.

BIB1 (1) I'm not so sure it was the same top. If it was, it would say to me that she wasn't even ready for bed (I doubt she'd wear the same top to bed). But I'm sure this has been debated a lot in the past and the conclusion reached that it's a different top based on the difference in the neckline (check out the security photo of Reeva arriving at Silverwoods versus the post mortem photo of the top she was wearing when killed). I'll dig these out again myself later to confirm. I wonder if Reeva was wearing exactly the same 'pyjama's as OP says she was when he got home as this would imply she'd decided to stay at that point and I don't think she had. In fact, I'd guess she wasn't in her pyjamas when he got home.

Query: When was the first time he mentions Reeva being in her pyjamas? I think it's in cross examination (p566 of transcript) "M'Lady, when I got home, Reeva was already in her pyjamas. She had just arrived minutes before me from the gate, so there were a couple of minutes that she probably would have been in a hurry to get changed and go downstairs. I do not know why she left her jeans inside out."

I would say there were more than a couple of minutes ... she arrived at the security gate just before 18:00 and he arrived at the gate about 10 minutes later, but didn't finish his call with Jenna until 18:16:04 (and I don't believe he would have gone inside whilst still on the call). That's about a 15 minute gap.

BIB2 (7) I agree. Liars often weave things into their stories to deflect us from following a particular line of thinking or to account for something that they are aware of that we perhaps are not. It's on my list of things that have to fit in the timeline somewhere. We know that he timed a reconstruction after the event and even "reworked his evidence" because he tells us this in his testimony. He also did a filmed re-enactment. This is why one fan becomes 2 fans and the jeans over the LED are added, as he needs to allow more time for Reeva to allegedly get to the bathroom without him seeing her.

I'd add the jeans outside to your list.

http://geraldboardman.wordpress.com/2014/11/21/oscar-pistorius-what-really-happened/

So it’s impossible that she was still alive and that blood spatters could have gotten on the wall etc, when he took her down when the neighbours saw him. When he shot her, the door was open and he pulled her out. He took her downstairs alive causing blood squirts. She died downstairs and then he took her back upstairs. He then re-enacted everything and walked downstairs with Reeva as if it were the first time.

Another opinion and version, interesting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member