Post sentencing discussion

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Will the appeal include the verdict on the illegal bullets in his safe that he was acquitted of?

So OP had a black eye in January, 2013 as the article you posted said it happened a month before. The article is dated 25 February, 2013. Has the video ever appeared online?

After the murder OP was removed.

Will the appeal include the verdict on the illegal bullets in his safe that he was acquitted of?

We need to see the wording of the appeal to know exactly what is being appealed and on what basis. The NPA isn't saying at the moment. Should know by Monday.

Okie dokie, thanks Mr. Fossil. Love your work. :)

".. now comes the knowledge of the appeal. [i assume the lawyers' visit would have been to brief him on this possibility]

Seeing as he hasn't paid his lawyers bill I would just send him a letter.

I agree with a lot of the above Cherwell. Doubtless Nel will have had some niggling regrets about the way he played it at certain points.( ie He is bound to be self -critical, he is a top prosecutor - you don't get to be that successful without self/ "post-match" analysis. )

I'll never forget watching Nel as the verdict was read.

He never looked up.
I'm not sure he even moved.
He was pressing down so hard on his pencil/pen that I thought it would snap.
He got redder and redder as she kept stumbling through her papers until the top of his ears literally looked white to me.
(The white tops of those ears will stick with me forever.)

It seemed like an old cartoon where someone gets so mad that when their "slow burn" finally morphs into all-out flames, a really loud a steam engine whistle blows as smoke clouds pour out of their ears.

I tried searching for the video the other day when I stumbled upon this story and couldn't find anything as it seems to have been scrubbed, sadly. What on earth was he thinking, turning up to be filmed for a video looking like that .. he clearly didn't seem to think there was anything wrong at all with it, though! :facepalm:

The producer of the 'It Gets Better South Africa' gay youth support campaign has confirmed that Oscar Pistorius has been dropped from the project.

The fallen sporting icon is facing charges of premeditated murder related to the killing of his girlfriend Reeva Steenkamp at his Pretoria home in the early hours of Valentine’s Day.

Pistorius and other local celebrities recently recorded video clips for the campaign, which is set to be launched on Wednesday.

Didn't Masipa say that the verdict was unanimous? Can't see why she would say that if she had been overruled.

Yes, she did say unanimous and I distinctly remember it too. I always fess up to my mistakes but I can't remember when I said it or why. As Apples recalls it, I was speculating, so it doesn't make any sense at all. I'll bow out gracefully now before I put my other foot in my mouth. :)

It has also emerged that the athlete sported a mysterious black eye in a video filmed a month ago for a charity campaign.

The Paralympian lent his support to a South African *campaign for gay and lesbian youth. But charity bosses were surprised when he turned up for filming with a black eye.

In the video message recorded to raise awareness for the It Gets Better campaign in South Africa, Oscar instructed young people who were being bullied about their sexuality to 'not retaliate'.

An It Gets Better charity source told the Sunday Mirror: 'Oscar turned up on the day of filming with a very angry *looking black eye.

'Oscar was keen for the filming to still go ahead and didn’t seem to mind too much. Although eyebrows were raised, Oscar wasn’t forthcoming on how he managed to get the injury.'

Was this before or after the slurs on perceived lesbians while at concert? -what a hypocrit!
Eyeball probably courtesy of brother Carl. Carl owns him now as he could suddenly recall at any moment the poop he deleted from phone evidence.

Absolutely, but I didn't mean the Heads of Argument for the judgment, I meant for sentencing. Was it called HoA for sentencing? I can't remember. I didn't like his HoA for the verdict at all either and I said as much. Too rushed, too disjointed, and I think I said at the time that posters here could have done it better. The Baker's Dozen was very disappointing. I think he thought he had it in the bag, well so did we, but it wasn't to be.

Similarly, many legal experts stated that the trial, pre-trial, was simply a legal exercise of sorts. For so many, this case was so black and white. It seemed so simple - of course he intended to kill whomever was beyond that door - unless one stands on their head, reading OP's testimony backwards, in an alternate universe, with a fat furry bunny at a tea party.

Not accusing Masipa of any such thing, of course. ;)

I'll never forget watching Nel as the verdict was read.

He never looked up.
I'm not sure he even moved.
He was pressing down so hard on his pencil/pen that I thought it would snap.
He got redder and redder as she kept stumbling through her papers until the top of his ears literally looked white to me.
(The white tops of those ears will stick with me forever.)

It seemed like an old cartoon where someone gets so mad that when their "slow burn" finally morphs into all-out flames, a really loud a steam engine whistle blows as smoke clouds pour out of their ears.

That's interesting. I couldn't understand why Nell suggested 10 yrs after he kept on about maximum level on charges. Could he have compromised for judges sake and then she took it and compromised it further?

I wonder if you could run a charity event online where if you donate to it you get to give OP a black eye(digitally). Sort of like those dunking tanks. Would Oscar approve this kind of charity?
I think "kick the buddy" should make an oscar look-alike.

The producer of the 'It Gets Better South Africa' gay youth support campaign has confirmed that Oscar Pistorius has been dropped from the project.

The fallen sporting icon is facing charges of premeditated murder related to the killing of his girlfriend Reeva Steenkamp at his Pretoria home in the early hours of Valentine’s Day.

Pistorius and other local celebrities recently recorded video clips for the campaign, which is set to be launched on Wednesday.

I knew he had been dropped from the project, but I thought there might be a possibility of an original of the vid hanging about on youtube somewhere .. I presume the video was actually made, right back on the day when he turned up with the black eye, so I wondered if someone, somewhere had uploaded it .. you know what these vids on youtube are like :)

When I click the link Mr Fossil provided...I get a page that has a link..if you click that link..you will get to his screen that has the timelines and witness statements..

Hope that works for you..

Thank you so much, AW2B. That did indeed work for me though it took about (20) mins. for my slow dial-up to open. lol

After coming back to WS, I saw @Mr.Fossil's post of data links just below your reply. I clicked on "phone usage" link and within (3) mins it OPENED!!! Hooray!

Do we have any more details this morning regarding the appeal:

1. Does Masipa have to approve it or does it go directly to the SCA?
2. Is there an approximate date as to when this will take place, are we looking at a year down the road?

Thank you so much, AW2B. That did indeed work for me though it took about (20) mins. for my slow dial-up to open. lol

After coming back to WS, I saw @Mr.Fossil's post of data links just below your reply. I clicked on "phone usage" link and within (3) mins it OPENED!!! Hooray!
Hooray! Enjoy! Might be worth saving any files you open if your link is slow.

http://www.iol.co.za/news/south-afr...face-stiffer-jail-term-1.1771473#.VE_KzcnVTUk

Oscar may face stiffer jail term
October 28 2014 at 07:42am
By Zelda Venter

Johann Engelbrecht SC, one of the country’s top criminal advocates, is doubtful if the prosecution’s appeal would be successful.
<modsnip>

“I don’t think she erred in law in coming to this conclusion. There was a lot of character assassination in this case, which had nothing to do with the facts.”

He feels Pistorius received a just sentence. “There are many people convicted of culpable homicide, who do not spend a day in jail. Taking into account that Pistorius is a first offender, I don’t think his sentence is shockingly inappropriate.”

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lucysmom20