Post sentencing discussion

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oscar Pistorius gets different treatment to other disabled prisoners at the same South African jail

The Blade Runner was assessed and immediately placed in a single cell in the hospital wing of Kgosi Mampuru II prison.

But other disabled prisoners at the same jail, formerly known as Pretoria Central prison, can only dream about such special treatment.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/la...uth-african-jail/story-fni0ffnk-1227100424451

The first night he was in jail it was reported that he was in his cell under armed guard. I wonder how many other prisoners are afforded that level of security and protection from other prisoners? Answer: None!

&%@*#$&! %@$#!*& *%^&@!#$ him and the horse he rode in on! How dare he even mention those two names in the same sentence. I visited Mandela's cell on Robben Island, spartan it was, and you didn't hear his lawyers whining about the lack of facilities and home comforts. An earlier post suggested that we should reserve our scorn for the killer and leave his family alone. It's this kind of tweet, their enabling behavior and bellicose antics that make them less than lily-white angels in this sorry saga. They all have black talons.

JMO and, yes, I feel a bit better for it.

I think you misunderstood. Carl didn't tweet that...it was a tweet TO him.

Deleted. Error...sorry.

I also voted 'Yes' so if your calculations are right that only leaves two mystery 'Yes' voters and I think Estelle may be one of them. So own up, remaining solitary 'Yes' voter. :)

Haha. David Dadic is on a countdown to Nel filing an Application for Leave to Appeal

David Dadic @DavidDadic · 2h 2 hours ago

Day 3/14

I also voted 'Yes' so if your calculations are right that only leaves two mystery 'Yes' voters and I think Estelle may be one of them. So own up, remaining solitary 'Yes' voter. :)

I can't find the original question.

Sorry.

When i voted YES, the percentage went to 33% YES.

I speculated (with flawed logic) that there could be very few voters if my vote took the percentage from 30% to 33%. The error was that I didn't know the percentage was 30% before I started. It was 30% when Estelle voted.

Just to add when considering the first set of bangs i believe its possible that these were Oscar breaking through the Bedroom door- reasons being we know the lock on that door is broken which could well have been caused that night, also Van Der Merwe hearing only a female involved in an agrument, if Reeva had locked Oscar out of the bedroom and they were arguing through the door with the balcony doors open i can see how Van Der Merwe would only have heard Reeva.

I think in the UK a prosecutor can meet a witness where there are special needs e.g. is a vulnerable victim, and it's arranged to give video evidence only (Special Measures), Generally, I think, the prosecutor has to rely on the expertise of professional witness', usually organised by the police, and not be seen to have coached him/her.

This gives some info re special measures.

http://www.cps.gov.uk/legal/assets/uploads/files/13007 special measures cps 6th.pdf

Yes - ironically the defence is able to manufacture and shape its evidence.

But we don't allow the prosecution to do this.

I also voted yes. Mystery solved. Actually I was able to vote yes twice, and I was going to do it multiple times but when I went back the third time I was unable to vote. My guess is that the poll had closed.

Just to add when considering the first set of bangs i believe its possible that these were Oscar breaking through the Bedroom door- reasons being we know the lock on that door is broken which could well have been caused that night, also Van Der Merwe hearing only a female involved in an agrument, if Reeva had locked Oscar out of the bedroom and they were arguing through the door with the balcony doors open i can see how Van Der Merwe would only have heard Reeva.

I did consider this but don't think it would be loud enough to be heard by the Stipps (considering where the door is located off the bedroom down a short passage, within the body of the house and away from the window). My original theory had the argument on either side of the bedroom door but I wonder now if it took place downstairs and this is why only EvdM heard it (the front of OP's house faces her house). Perhaps OP wasn't shouting at this stage but Reeva was? Perhaps the door was open (but not visibly so) because Reeva wanted to leave? I still think Reeva locked the bedroom door when she entered the bedroom and OP barged it open. I don't think this would have proved difficult.

Respectively snipped. BIB I think that was Nastaya, another very interesting poster like Shane13 who has not been seen for some time.

It was a fantastic refutation of the defence case.

I would love it is someone could find it!

mrjitty, on the last thread you posted re the assessors. Please look at my reply to your post on page 1 of this thread #5. You'll be surprised to learn about the male assessor.

I did consider this but don't think it would be loud enough to be heard by the Stipps (considering where the door is located off the bedroom down a short passage, within the body of the house and away from the window). My original theory had the argument on either side of the bedroom door but I wonder now if it took place downstairs and this is why only EvdM heard it (the front of OP's house faces her house). Perhaps OP wasn't shouting at this stage but Reeva was? Perhaps the door was open (but not visibly so) because Reeva wanted to leave? I still think Reeva locked the bedroom door when she entered the bedroom and OP barged it open. I don't think this would have proved difficult.

Even if he used the bat to hit the bedroom door?, i think its possible and perhaps even likely that the Stipps would have heard it with the bathroom window being open.
I have i've always had trouble believing that he used that bat which was signed by a cricket legend as a security device placing it against the bedroom door at night, i believe its much more likely the bat was kept downstairs somewhere and he grabbed it in a rage because Reeva refused to unlock the bedroom door.

Even if he used the bat to hit the bedroom door?, i think its possible and perhaps even likely that the Stipps would have heard it with the bathroom window being open.
I have i've always had trouble believing that he used that bat which was signed by a cricket legend as a security device placing it against the bedroom door at night, i believe its much more likely the bat was kept downstairs somewhere and he grabbed it in a rage because Reeva refused to unlock the bedroom door.

Bashing the door with the bat wouldn't open it (and there aren't any bat marks on the face of the door, the marks are on the inside edge of the door where it looks to have been forced open) ... barging it would.

Sam Taylor would have been asked if the bat was normally kept elsewhere. No point asking if the State already knew the answer (from interviewing her prior to putting her on the stand).

My comments on your timeline are as follows. Intended in constructive mode!

First bangs
1. As far as I can see - only Stipps hear them - and they say there were 3
2. There is a lot of damage in the bathroom which could account for these
3. There is no evidence of 4 strikes on the door

Conclusion. There was no first set of 4 bangs. This was constructed by Pistorious. This commotion happens early and is heard by Stipps as they back on to the bathroom.

Second bangs
1. This is the shooting, as experienced by all witnesses
2. It occurs sometime prior to Stipps call to security
3. There are no bats sounds after this - see evidence of Mike N

I think there is no mystery at all.

The mystery is created by the defence. But once you realise there is no evidence of 4 bats - the mystery is over.

The Stipps here some fighting in the bathroom - IMO the time they provide is the best evidence of what the time actually was - sometime around 3am.

Then sometime around 3.15 the shooting happens.

It cannot be earlier in my view due to the arterial bleed downstairs.

I also voted yes. Mystery solved. Actually I was able to vote yes twice, and I was going to do it multiple times but when I went back the third time I was unable to vote. My guess is that the poll had closed.

Are we talking about the Strathclyde vote? I voted Yes twice too!

I've also considered it an option that Reeva locked the bedroom door. Surely forensics could have established which side of the door was hit with the air rifle (which had a silencer fitted to it). She could have locked him out and then shot through the door herself, causing him to spiral into a total rage and then barge it open. IMO this would have given a lot more credence to a DV situation. She has been photographed at a shooting range.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fake_facer_addict