Post-Verdict: I am sick and heartbroken

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
My friend said yesterday that as upset as I am there is just nothing I can do.

She's right there is nothing I can do and it breaks my heart even more.

All these jurors keep saying she was a good mother? Who cares? So were Susan Smith and Andrea Yates before they killed...good mothers snap ALL THE TIME! I'm a good mother of a teenager and have to walk away to keep from slapping her silly at least once a week!

I don't even know if I should watch the sentencing this morning. I am so glum and anxious about her acquittal. At first I was numb, and I was relieved I was, but now I'm feeling worse and worse. I've only ever gotten truly engrossed in three trials: OJ, Scott Peterson, and this one, and only one of those three has resulted in a just verdict. It makes no sense.

I never thought for one second KC would walk. It never crossed my mind. All this talk about no evidence, etc. is mind-boggling. There was a wealth of evidence. The jury thinking they needed to know the exact cause of death is mind-boggling. They were told they didn't need to know and also that there was no way of knowing. It's hard to give them any credit for listening, or thinking, or deducing.

I don't believe she will have a good life out of jail, and I think she will pay for her crimes in many small and large ways, but it's not the same as a proper legal outcome.

I am also sick and heartbroken.

I don't even know if I should watch the sentencing this morning. I am so glum and anxious about her acquittal. At first I was numb, and I was relieved I was, but now I'm feeling worse and worse. I've only ever gotten truly engrossed in three trials: OJ, Scott Peterson, and this one, and only one of those three has resulted in a just verdict. It makes no sense.

I never thought for one second KC would walk. It never crossed my mind. All this talk about no evidence, etc. is mind-boggling. There was a wealth of evidence. The jury thinking they needed to know the exact cause of death is mind-boggling. They were told they didn't need to know and also that there was no way of knowing. It's hard to give them any credit for listening, or thinking, or deducing.

I don't believe she will have a good life out of jail, and I think she will pay for her crimes in many small and large ways, but it's not the same as a proper legal outcome.

I am also sick and heartbroken.

I feel exactly the same. I won't be watching her sentencing. My heart can't take it. I'd rather just hear it coming from all of you first. I really just was not prepared for this day to come so soon. I'm still not prepared. I'm truly worried that her life won't be as bad outside of jail as it should be. The thought of that makes it even harder to bare.

Hugs everyone. Today is a sad day.

I have felt shocked. I have felt outraged. But today is the first day I have felt like crying. Maybe I'm going through the stages of grief?

Watching the sentencing this morning . . . getting up early like I did during the trial, and seeing the courtroom, and seeing LDB and HHJP . . . well it made me feel such a sense of loss.

I will miss getting up early every morning to watch the trial, anticipating who might be testifying that day.

I will miss seeing LDB, JA, and FG doing such a wonderful job of questioning witnesses and presenting evidence and fighting for the truth. I admire them so much!

I will miss HHJP and his fair manner, his quirky expressions, and his impatience with JB and the DT.

I will miss hoping for and believing in justice for Caylee in this case.

I will miss being here with all of you each day, sharing our observations and our thoughts.

I will miss everything!

:tyou:

This is proof our system doesn't work. How awful. How sad. And now will begin the triumph of that evil evil defense team. I will watch nothing these people are on. I bet Baez has a profitable interview with Geraldo lined up for Casey to set her up in her new life as a media star. This is so so very wrong.

But how can she possibly become a media star? EVERONE knows that she is lying, and lying and lying again - and what exactly CAN she say to any media outlet? She sure as hell is not going to tell the truth. So what would the point be in making interviews with this pathological liar?!
Furthermore, she isn't exactly LOVED. Who´d want to listen to and look at a person who drove around with the dead body of her toddler in the trunk of her car, while renting movies, having sex, dancing and partying? And to think she got away with this! People are disgusted.

Today, during the sentencing, was the first time I have been able to post since hearing the verdict.

I have sat with my fingers poised over my keyboard, my mind racing, my heart broken, just overwhelmed with emotion, and not able to put my thoughts into words.

I am still devastated. I am so angry at Casey. I am so angry with the jurors. I am so angry with the system. I am so angry that there will be no formal Justice for Caylee.

Reading on other threads, I keep tripping over posts saying, "It's time to move on", and basically telling people to 'get over it', and that angers me, too.

I feel like Caylee has been murdered and tossed in the swamp all over again- only this time I know her, and it's even more personal.

I now hate Casey Anthony with a passion that frightens me. Someone I've never even met.

How is it even possible that she literally got away with murder?

How is it possible they found 12 people to sit on a jury that all lack common sense.

I just don't understand.

All these jurors keep saying she was a good mother? Who cares? So were Susan Smith and Andrea Yates before they killed...good mothers snap ALL THE TIME! I'm a good mother of a teenager and have to walk away to keep from slapping her silly at least once a week!

I don't consider her a good mother. What good mother NEVER supports her child?
They concluded that she didn't killl Caylle behind closed doors, but at the same time they THINK she was a good mother behind closed doors.
I don't get it.
The ones who said she was a good mother seen her with Caylee, what...maybe 3 times?
Except for Mallory & we will see if she ever gets her to babysit since she was such a good mother. Don't see that happening.
The jurors have no se:banghead:nse.

I want to apologize, because I only read the title of this thread, scrolled to the bottom and saw there were only a few people on it, and hope it is a safe place to unload some of this overwhelming emotion.

I haven't read but just a few of the posts, but I plan to start reading as soon as I'm done writing this.

Having someone tell me it's time to get over it would probably kill me right now, because I really feel like I am grieving for someone close to me.

I have lost too many people in my life to unexpected death, so I'm aware of how grief feels.

I guess I never allowed myself to believe that an acquittal was even a possibility, so the verdict came as a complete shock.

Anyway, I'm grateful for this thread, and to have a chance to vent. I feel at least 5% better now. I guess it's a start.

This is proof our system doesn't work. How awful. How sad. And now will begin the triumph of that evil evil defense team. I will watch nothing these people are on. I bet Baez has a profitable interview with Geraldo lined up for Casey to set her up in her new life as a media star. This is so so very wrong.

I agree with you as do so many others.
For the past three years ICA has been Baez meal ticket and he will keep her that way until she's no longer useful.

Media Star...:floorlaugh: What does she have to offer to the media now? The world watched the trial, not to watch ICA but to watch Caylee get justice. Which didn't happen. ICA has little value to the media now. Who would believe a word that came out of her mouth. No one wants to sit and watch this egotistical liar except the few people that didn't follow the trial from the beginning. I hope that people boycot any products that are sponsered during, before and directly after her appearances. What I can say is that they will have a heck of a security bill. I feel that no matter where she goes until she changes her name and her looks,(plastic surgery), she'll need security. She can change her name, change her looks but she can't change who she is. I think that her just punishment now would be to have to live with CA and GA for the rest of her life. Which we know won't happen.

Matthew 16:26 should be a must read for Casey as she starts her RV ministry.

US cities scheduled for ICA's RV minstry

Trickem, Lowndes County, Alabama
Trickem, Gwinnett County, Georgi

Spiderweb, Aiken County, South Carolina

Witch Lake, Marquette County, Michigan

Blood, Hillsborough County, New Hampshire
Bloody Corners, Portage County, Ohio
Bloody Springs, Tishomingo County, Mississippi
Fresh Kills, Richmond County, New York
Great Kills, Richmond County, New York
Kill Buck, Cattaraugus County, New York
West Kill, Greene County, New York
Slaughter, Kent County, Delaware
Slaughter, East Feliciana Parish, Louisiana
Slaughter, Sullivan County, Tennessee
Slaughter Beach, Sussex County, Delaware
Slaughter Creek, Stewart County, Georgia
Slaughter Landing, Madison County, Alabama
Slaughterville, Cleveland County, Oklahoma
Devil Canyon, San Bernardino County, California
Devil Town, Wayne County, Ohio
Devils Backbone, Connecticut
Devils Corner, Delta County, Michigan
Devils Corner, Pepin County, Wisconsin
Devils Cross Roads, Newberry County, South Carolina
Devils Den, Park County, Wyoming
Devils Den, Kern County, California
Devils Elbow, Colusa County, California
Devils Elbow, Grand Traverse County, Michigan
Devils Elbow, Pulaski County, Missouri
Devils Gap, Gosper County, Nebraska
Devils Ladder, Adams County, Idaho
Devils Lake, Lenawee County, Michigan
Devils Lake, Ramsey County, North Dakota
Devils Slide, Utah
Devils Tower, Crook County, Wyoming
Kill Devil Hills, Dare County, North Carolina
Red Devil, Alaska
Seven Devils, Avery County, North Carolina
Satans Kingdom, Addison County, Vermont
Satans Kingdom, Franklin County, Massachusetts
Hell, Livingston County, Michigan
Hell Hollow, Sullivan County, New Hampshire
Half Hell, Brunswick County, North Carolina
Little Hell, Accomack County, Virginia
Hells Corners, Trumbull County, Ohio
Merry Hell, Simpson County, Mississippi
Firetown, Hartford County, Connecticut

Today, during the sentencing, was the first time I have been able to post since hearing the verdict.

I have sat with my fingers poised over my keyboard, my mind racing, my heart broken, just overwhelmed with emotion, and not able to put my thoughts into words.

I am still devastated. I am so angry at Casey. I am so angry with the jurors. I am so angry with the system. I am so angry that there will be no formal Justice for Caylee.

Reading on other threads, I keep tripping over posts saying, "It's time to move on", and basically telling people to 'get over it', and that angers me, too.

I feel like Caylee has been murdered and tossed in the swamp all over again- only this time I know her, and it's even more personal.

I now hate Casey Anthony with a passion that frightens me. Someone I've never even met.

How is it even possible that she literally got away with murder?

How is it possible they found 12 people to sit on a jury that all lack common sense.

I just don't understand.

I feel just as you do. I feel I need to try and move on for my sanity's sake, but telling others to 'get over it' is just wrong imo. This is very much a grieving process for me. I grieve for Caylee and I grieve for our justice system.

ETA: This morning my mother in law left me a voicemail to 'razz' me about the trial. Ha ha. She laughed. I will not even justify it with response. What is so funny about a baby being dead and no one paying for it?

deleted - think I posted something that is not allowed. Sorry.

Just believe in Karma and also that everything happens for a reason. I have seen this so many times that I have faith, even when things seem so dismal. I'm not sure what the reason is, but perhaps it has to do with her parents finally seeing the truth. She will be out, she will show her true colors all over again, and she will lose her freedom forever (which will now be ever more sweet to ICA than before).

While it may not be as fast as we like, Karma will be paying a visit on those that have not acted honorably --- ICA, her family members that covered for her and forgot about Caylee, the defense team, and the jurors (I am afraid that they acted in their best financial interest and forgot about a sweet baby).

Caylee will live on in our hearts forever, those that should have been there for her will never have peace.

I feel just as you do. I feel I need to try and move on for my sanity's sake, but telling others to 'get over it' is just wrong imo. This is very much a grieving process for me. I grieve for Caylee and I grieve for our justice system.

ETA: This morning my mother in law left me a voicemail to 'razz' me about the trial. Ha ha. She laughed. I will not even justify it with response. What is so funny about a baby being dead and no one paying for it?

ohhhh, how unkind (even if she didn't intend it that way - or if she did - in any case i don't mean any offense to your MIL). i think a lot of people simply don't understand why or how any of us could care so much. someone sent me a rather rude comic about implying people who care so much about this trial are ridiculous. they may not get it, and we can't do anything about that, but know that even if you are being razzed, people here support you and share your emotions.

I couldn't bring myself to watch Casey in court today! Just to see her get to go home today or even in a few days. I also watched the trial everyday. My heart and chest feel so heavy with sadness for Caylee. I don't understand why some people are saying things like 'the jury has spoken' move on. or 'Get over it' What if we can't right now because we are still shocked and saddened by the outcome? I agree with what another person said on here, to boycott everything that has anything to do with her. In my opinion, I feel like those jurors were from another planet! :ufo:

ohhhh, how unkind (even if she didn't intend it that way - or if she did - in any case i don't mean any offense to your MIL). i think a lot of people simply don't understand why or how any of us could care so much. someone sent me a rather rude comic about implying people who care so much about this trial are ridiculous. they may not get it, and we can't do anything about that, but know that even if you are being razzed, people here support you and share your emotions.

Unfortunately she meant it. It is more funny to her that I was 'wrong' than it is sad.

Thank you for your kind words.

I couldn't bring myself to watch Casey in court today! Just to see her get to go home today or even in a few days. I also watched the trial everyday. My heart and chest feel so heavy with sadness for Caylee. I don't understand why some people are saying things like 'the jury has spoken' move on. or 'Get over it' What if we can't right now because we are still shocked and saddened by the outcome? I agree with what another person said on here, to boycott everything that has anything to do with her. In my opinion, I feel like those jurors were from another planet! :ufo:

I feel the same. I told my family that I will never speak her name again.

Along with so many of you, I have followed this case for almost 3 years. Yes, I am grieving with this verdict and the thought of watching her cruising around just makes me sick.

HOWEVER,

I just got a dose of real life reality - an email from a friend to tell me a mutual friend's 20 year old daughter was killed by a drunk driver 2 nights ago. My friend's great girl was killed, and of course, the drunk driver just had a few scratches. Wow. My heart now hurts for a family (parents are divorced) that will grieve horribly forever...as one can't get over the tragic death of a child. (If one is normal, I guess I should state in the Casey Anthony thread!)

I will continue to follow and be active in the Caylee case, and follow what Casey, and the rest of the family does in the future...but not to the extent I did. They really don't deserve it, honestly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelikaBor