Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh, by the way,

I have a resolved question. It was resolved by Jodi's father in his police interview. This might be the reason the defense wanted the interview heard out of the presence of the jury.

During his interview, Jodi's father told Flores that Jodi had sneaked into Travis' house and saw him with another woman. And he was excitedly saying, the man she wanted to marry!

And the poor mother. Remember how Jodi said Matt had called her mother to get her some help, but her parents hadn't helped her?

On her mother's interview, she's all crying and saying Jodi's friends had called her and told her that Jodi needed help. She said one friend in particular had called because he was afraid of what she'd do. Then the mother said (or it could have switched to the father. Those interviews were intermeshed on Utube) that they convinced her to move home and thought everything would be okay.

So Jodi had flown over the coo-coo's nest. Matt called her parents on her and they convinced her to move back.

I had thought it was VERY odd that she'd needed her mother to come and help her move. I hadn't heard of a single instance in all Jodi's moves that her parents had ever been involved. Then suddenly she called her mother, whom she had a bad relationship with?

No, she didn't. She was losing her marbles and had no money and her family and friends convinced her to move back home. No desert Palm, no Ventana spa, no Big Sur--go HOME.

I took down the testimony as it was given, and yes, the camera was in good enough condition to power up but nothing was stated as to if tests were done to find out if it was operational (ie could take pics with it) or if the time/date stamps were correct. JM tried to elicit whether the camera or the NCase program was responsible for the time date stamps (JW did also, asking about the 'red writing' on the pics and who put it there), Melendez didn't go into detail, only saying they were generated from the NCase program (which wasn't the answer either were trying to get but he apparently wasn't understanding the question from either attny).

Yes, and there is no way to know what was going on with the timestamps without knowing what time the camera thought it was. That was my original point. They don't say whether they tested the camera and the time the camera showed. When evidence is left out like that, I have to give the investigators the benefit of the doubt and believe that they were smart enough to figure out if the time the camera thought it was would be incorrect.

Another poster said there's a separate battery apparently that keeps the camera's clock going. So I'm thinking when it powered on, they would have seen what time the camera thought it was and been able to know that the camera's clock was fast or slow.

Interesting observation, but he appears to be looking at the camera man to me. It might actually look like something is in his hand. But that picture says to me:

"Travis....smile...."

And he looks over and puts his fingers in the air.

This reminds me though. Didn't Melendez say that when pictures were getting deleted, they sat somewhere on the memory stick and then other deleted pictures push them into unallocated? And as they keep getting deleted, newly deleted pictures overwrite the unallocated?

I was thinking about that, and if I have it right, 21 pictures went into deleted pictures from the shower--And possibly more because some pictures they just couldn't make out--correct?

That means that there were potentially dozens of sex pictures that had been in unallocated and overwritten by the deleted shower pictures. Isn't that correct?

Do you think the KY bottle on the left just happens to be suspended in mid-air by trick photgraphy? lol

Melendez was talking about why there were only thumbnails for some pics, he said that the larger 'picture' version was likely overwritten in the unallocated space, I don't recall he went into more detail than that but yes, I had the same thought that if she deleted all the nudies before taking the shower photos, some of the pics were overwritten by the new pics, leaving just the thumbnails. Since no other thumbnails were found, I sort of doubt there were more. But of course there could have been and the thumbnails had also been overwritten, don't know how likely that is but possible, I'm sure.

Oh, by the way,

I have a resolved question. It was resolved by Jodi's father in his police interview. This might be the reason the defense wanted the interview heard out of the presence of the jury.

During his interview, Jodi's father told Flores that Jodi had sneaked into Travis' house and saw him with another woman. And he was excitedly saying, the man she wanted to marry!

And the poor mother. Remember how Jodi said Matt had called her mother to get her some help, but her parents hadn't helped her?

On her mother's interview, she's all crying and saying Jodi's friends had called her and told her that Jodi needed help. She said one friend in particular had called because he was afraid of what she'd do. Then the mother said (or it could have switched to the father. Those interviews were intermeshed on Utube) that they convinced her to move home and thought everything would be okay.

So Jodi had flown over the coo-coo's nest. Matt called her parents on her and they convinced her to move back.

I had thought it was VERY odd that she'd needed her mother to come and help her move. I hadn't heard of a single instance in all Jodi's moves that her parents had ever been involved. Then suddenly she called her mother, whom she had a bad relationship with?

No, she didn't. She was losing her marbles and had no money and her family and friends convinced her to move back home. No desert Palm, no Ventana spa, no Big Sur--go HOME.

And not only go home, but to her grandparent's house, whom she probably hadn't seen in eons and was such a far cry from all the pipe dreams she thought she'd attain with Travis. And if he really did give her the double bird upon her leaving, it was set in stone then she was going to do some major payback, steal from her grandparents to help finance/facilitate her Mesa road trip to murder. I do wonder if her parents tried to talk her into getting some help once she was back up there, that would have probably only made things worse considering how her Dad said she flipped out when he called her bi-polar or schitzo or whatever it was on the phone.

Yes, and there is no way to know what was going on with the timestamps without knowing what time the camera thought it was. That was my original point. They don't say whether they tested the camera and the time the camera showed. When evidence is left out like that, I have to give the investigators the benefit of the doubt and believe that they were smart enough to figure out if the time the camera thought it was would be incorrect.

Another poster said there's a separate battery apparently that keeps the camera's clock going. So I'm thinking when it powered on, they would have seen what time the camera thought it was and been able to know that the camera's clock was fast or slow.

They should have been able to tell, and JM and JW tried to get him to talk about that but it seemed like he just wasn't getting it so they moved on. I really wanted detail about that since the timeline is so narrow.

You made a good point on a another post about Zach maybe not having spent the night before at T's, I'll have to look at his interview again, I don't remember if he said specifically or not. But the rental was in the driveway, so JA would have presumed two roommates were there, one left around 6:00ish and the rental still sitting there so another must still be in the house, or so she'd think.

Do you think the KY bottle on the left just happens to be suspended in mid-air by trick photgraphy? lol

Melendez was talking about why there were only thumbnails for some pics, he said that the larger 'picture' version was likely overwritten in the unallocated space, I don't recall he went into more detail than that but yes, I had the same thought that if she deleted all the nudies before taking the shower photos, some of the pics were overwritten by the new pics, leaving just the thumbnails. Since no other thumbnails were found, I sort of doubt there were more. But of course there could have been and the thumbnails had also been overwritten, don't know how likely that is but possible, I'm sure.

The bottle looks to me as if it's sitting on the bed, lower than the pillow his head is on.

I remember something about some thumbnails. I'd have to listen to him again for the 8th time to get my understanding right. What you say makes sense. He also said there were pictures there that were unrecoverable, so, either way, there's more than what we are privy to.

And not only go home, but to her grandparent's house, whom she probably hadn't seen in eons and was such a far cry from all the pipe dreams she thought she'd attain with Travis. And if he really did give her the double bird upon her leaving, it was set in stone then she was going to do some major payback, steal from her grandparents to help finance/facilitate her Mesa road trip to murder. I do wonder if her parents tried to talk her into getting some help once she was back up there, that would have probably only made things worse considering how her Dad said she flipped out when he called her bi-polar or schitzo or whatever it was on the phone.

I might have missed the bi-polar comment. Those interviews are so hard to listen to because the ones I saw kept replaying the same things over and over, and so I think I stopped listening to them in detail the very first time I watched them. The next time I did, I had to listen so hard to catch the new snipets.

They should have been able to tell, and JM and JW tried to get him to talk about that but it seemed like he just wasn't getting it so they moved on. I really wanted detail about that since the timeline is so narrow.

You made a good point on a another post about Zach maybe not having spent the night before at T's, I'll have to look at his interview again, I don't remember if he said specifically or not. But the rental was in the driveway, so JA would have presumed two roommates were there, one left around 6:00ish and the rental still sitting there so another must still be in the house, or so she'd think.

I'm confused about the rental car business. Why do you think there was a rental car in the driveway?

Maybe you read it and find something different, but from what I got, zach was housesitting. So I don't know any other way to housesit than to be there at that location. He doesn't say where he woke up from when he says he woke up. But since he'd been talking about house-sitting, it's logical that he woke up from the place he was house-sitting at.

Read the interviews, Monday night Zach stayed over at his gf's house, came home Tues. and got ready for work at 1500 hours ( 3:00 p.m.), Wed. was his day off, he got up and returned the rental car - it doesn't say what time, maybe it was in testimony that it was around 8:30 a.m.? I thought that came from the report but it's not there. Just says he returned home around 1500 hours for about an hour and then went to Mandy's house at about 1600 hours.

I might have missed the bi-polar comment. Those interviews are so hard to listen to because the ones I saw kept replaying the same things over and over, and so I think I stopped listening to them in detail the very first time I watched them. The next time I did, I had to listen so hard to catch the new snipets.

I can't remember if I saw the unedited videos of the parents but I think so, I sat through all 18 or 19 of JA's, that was some long listening time. I know the transcripts of hers are here in the top section, the parents' might be too. Yeah, he talked about a phone call he and she had where he said she was something (bipolar or whatever, can't recall the term he used) and how much it freaked her out, she kept calling him back until he took it back or said he didn't mean it or something along those lines. He found out just how touchy she was about mental stability issues.

I'm confused about the rental car business. Why do you think there was a rental car in the driveway?

Maybe you read it and find something different, but from what I got, zach was housesitting. So I don't know any other way to housesit than to be there at that location. He doesn't say where he woke up from when he says he woke up. But since he'd been talking about house-sitting, it's logical that he woke up from the place he was house-sitting at.

Zach had car troubles earlier that week and needed jumper cables (stated in the first interview), then during the follow up interview he told Flores he returned the rental car on Wed. because his car was in for repairs from an accident. Both the roommates seemed to have memory issues of that week, maybe why netiher testified?

Oh, and yes, Dan Freeman was the one who called JA the night Travis was found. Saw that in the report too. lol

ETA: Zach's follow up interview on page 17:

http://www.wildabouttrial.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/02/Detective-Flores-Investigation-Report.pdf

I wouldn't be surprised if she lied about the timeline completely. This whole time I've been wondering what happened on May 26th to make Jodi snap and decide to kill Travis, but her planning it from the time she left AZ makes more sense. She could have possibly clung to the idea that she and Travis were going to get back together, but slowly realized they weren't. I think she irrationally blamed Pre Paid Legal ( financial dreams shattered, back to waitressing, which actually could be more lucrative than PPL but not any real set money), Travis (he wanted casual, but she wanted to latch on to him), and independence ( she was living with her family, back in Yreka, that's enough to upset anyone). I think she felt like she had nothing to lose, so she began planning. I think she was possibly a decent waitress, but couldn't get along with co workers or bosses. I work as a bartender/server and tolerating/ getting along with co workers is very important. You can get stuck with crappy sections or shifts. Tips really do pay the bills. And the turn over rate is so high that most places don't put up with anything. I can see her theatrics being an issue. Also, she may have had cash that she did not deposit. I am not sure about that one- just a theory.

My theory? When she realized that none of her dreams were coming true, she started plotting revenge. The crazier she got, the crazier the plan got. I think Travis did indeed expect her to pay for the car, but she didn't have the money. I also think stealing her grandfather's gun was an f you to her family. She probably resented having to rely on them. I think she went with the intent to shoot and rob Travis. That's why his ring and watch are in a different location than usual. When she got there, she probably got more pissed. I still doubt they had sex that day. All of the nude pics look like one of them is pissed or annoyed. Doesn't look like actual sexy shots. I think she got thrown off by Enrique, so the robbery didn't go as planned. Or maybe she wanted to stage a robbery. I do think she wanted the ring and watch because they're items that were personal to him- like trophies. And I definitely think that she took the time after the kill to go through the laptop. The question I have is where are the murder weapons and when did she dye her hair?

If she was unable to log on how would she have gotten into his laptop? The report said there was an unsuccessful attempt to logon. After his heated text to her it would make sense that he changed his password to keep her from spying on him. Does anyone think she tried to plant some pictures on his computer to discredit him? Funny how those pictures of a "body" parts they retrieved from her computer that she said came from Travis were not on his phone nor on his computer, only hers. jmo

This could be a bit of a stretch. I think most of us agree that the time frame between the sexy time pics and the shower pics is long/strange. Could it be that the time was changed on the camera at some point between these two sets of photos? In all reality it doesn't really matter, premeditation is premeditation, but I was just thinking...

This could be a bit of a stretch. I think most of us agree that the time frame between the sexy time pics and the shower pics is long/strange. Could it be that the time was changed on the camera at some point between these two sets of photos? In all reality it doesn't really matter, premeditation is premeditation, but I was just thinking...

By JA's phone, before she turned it off, they know approximately when she arrived in Mesa which would have been around the time she stated. Since she claims to have seen the video in her initial interview with Flores they know she was there around 4am when TA was logged on. They know what time she was on the road by way of her turning on her phone and it pinging on the tower just inside of AZ even though she was over the state line. So she was in AZ that whole time. It does not appear the state or defense believes there was any tampering with the camera nor that her timeline was off. If this were the case defense would have challenged it a long time ago. Since there was an unsuccessful attempt to logon after 4pm that was probably JA.

You have to think that JA must have made a couple of trips up and down those stairs after she killed Travis with no signs of blood on the stairs. Putting laundry in the washer was one trip. Another trip to get items from the house. But no blood was on the stair carpeting but the bannister felt as if to the roommates it had just been cleaned. If she used the cleaner downstairs it would have shown traces of blood and I don't remember that as being evidence so the blood may have been just on her hands as she picked up the bloody items to load in the washer. Also blood was found in the downstairs bath so she probably washed her hands in that bathroom after putting the items in the washer.

There are still a lot of unanswered questions.

Could she have dressed after 4pm, gone downstairs and out to her car to put her bags into the car to leave and then returned to the house with TA still upstairs and then tried to get into his computer and could not get in with the old password? She admits she knew he was planning on taking a shower.

Could she have had the gun in the car and went out to get it saying she needed to take her bags out so he felt comfortable enough to let his guard down because he knew she was leaving?

Could she have actually said goodbye to him and headed downstairs leaving him alone to jump into the shower because he assumed she had left? I just do not see him letting her lose in his home/office to do as she would please. jmo

Wow, I really like this thread, like you I want to just know!! You guys have some great questions and observations, I've been lurking.

I believe she did get there at 4 am but he did not know she was there.

She did not know all of the evidence, although she knew a lot because her attorneys showed her all that JM had, but she didn't know or didn't follow thru on the exact times. She said on the stand that they got up around 1 or after, well we know Travis got up and texted Chris Hughes around noon. She said this because she knew the times on the pics, whether she uploaded them or they actually had sex that day.

I believe she did get there at 4 am and watched him, studied him, and waited. I believe he got up, did whatever he does, went in office worked on computer, put cleaner together, prepared room for cleaning all while she was watching him and waiting. She had to know what was going on in that home for any of her plan to work and before he knew she was there, also Enriques car was in the driveway, which was a hiccup to her plan. Maybe she overheard Travis talking to Enrique and he said that he was taking his car back to the rental place and she was just waiting for that to happen

On the fence about the pictures, Juan seemed to have looked at the video, pictures, and was sure that it happened on that day, either to make his premeditated case or because they really know that to be true. Something doesn't seem right about the timeframe of the pics, and yes, they do not look happy, why look so sad and remorseful in the pictures if it's supposed to be fun and kinky!

The theory I am leaning toward is she came in around 4 am and watched him, waited until she knew he was busy doing something and found time to be sneaky by getting on computer to see everything, looked through his phone, she waited til the right time, probably after car was picked up, that is when she left the house and knocked on door. She surprised him told him she couldn't let things stay the same between them and she wanted to make it right by paying him for car, give him the pics, and basically took advantage again of his good heart and that was around the 1:30 time frame (pics) and she hooked him once again for one last hoorah! Hence the pics. We do not know how long they had sex, it had been said before that they could go for hours, and if all the pics, video, and all of that would take up some time. Also on this thread someone said he had the sheet lines on his back, I am sure if they had a "sex session", they probably fell asleep after....that is when she knew what she was going to do...

Yes, I believe she tried to upload damaging evidence on his computer and it backfired on her, maybe that's why it showed a virus when she tried to download on computer, and also showed the log on attempt.

She died her hair on the way June 3rd in Salinas it's in the rebuttal, JM showed pics of her taking selfies in the rental car of her face/hair, she took several but only kept a few, which again shows premed, as the rental guy said she had blond hair.

1 more thing, I believe she left that camera to provoke, she thought she deleted the photos and washed the camera and that would get rid of the evidence, she knew she couldn't take the camera, people would know it was missing. I think she wanted to leave that like a trophy of sorts, you know like serial killers leave clues at the scene,"you think your so smart, figure this out"....she truely is evil and would kill again, just like she said in her post interview.

Also, read her journal entries/letters the 600 journal entries, not all of them are posted, I noticed that she would say what she needed to say at the beginning, and than she would own it at the end of the sentence, completely contradicting herself, very eerie..she also did it on the stand, I was reading the transcript on the timelime, she had the same language..I will try and find some quotes to show later...but right now, gotta go, going to be a new grandma tomorrow! yay!

Anyways, like y'all I just don't know about that girl!

Wow, I really like this thread, like you I want to just know!! You guys have some great questions and observations, I've been lurking.

I believe she did get there at 4 am but he did not know she was there.

She did not know all of the evidence, although she knew a lot because her attorneys showed her all that JM had, but she didn't know or didn't follow thru on the exact times. She said on the stand that they got up around 1 or after, well we know Travis got up and texted Chris Hughes around noon. She said this because she knew the times on the pics, whether she uploaded them or they actually had sex that day.

I believe she did get there at 4 am and watched him, studied him, and waited. I believe he got up, did whatever he does, went in office worked on computer, put cleaner together, prepared room for cleaning all while she was watching him and waiting. She had to know what was going on in that home for any of her plan to work and before he knew she was there, also Enriques car was in the driveway, which was a hiccup to her plan. Maybe she overheard Travis talking to Enrique and he said that he was taking his car back to the rental place and she was just waiting for that to happen

On the fence about the pictures, Juan seemed to have looked at the video, pictures, and was sure that it happened on that day, either to make his premeditated case or because they really know that to be true. Something doesn't seem right about the timeframe of the pics, and yes, they do not look happy, why look so sad and remorseful in the pictures if it's supposed to be fun and kinky!

The theory I am leaning toward is she came in around 4 am and watched him, waited until she knew he was busy doing something and found time to be sneaky by getting on computer to see everything, looked through his phone, she waited til the right time, probably after car was picked up, that is when she left the house and knocked on door. She surprised him told him she couldn't let things stay the same between them and she wanted to make it right by paying him for car, give him the pics, and basically took advantage again of his good heart and that was around the 1:30 time frame (pics) and she hooked him once again for one last hoorah! Hence the pics. We do not know how long they had sex, it had been said before that they could go for hours, and if all the pics, video, and all of that would take up some time. Also on this thread someone said he had the sheet lines on his back, I am sure if they had a "sex session", they probably fell asleep after....that is when she knew what she was going to do...

Yes, I believe she tried to upload damaging evidence on his computer and it backfired on her, maybe that's why it showed a virus when she tried to download on computer, and also showed the log on attempt.

She died her hair on the way June 3rd in Salinas it's in the rebuttal, JM showed pics of her taking selfies in the rental car of her face/hair, she took several but only kept a few, which again shows premed, as the rental guy said she had blond hair.

1 more thing, I believe she left that camera to provoke, she thought she deleted the photos and washed the camera and that would get rid of the evidence, she knew she couldn't take the camera, people would know it was missing. I think she wanted to leave that like a trophy of sorts, you know like serial killers leave clues at the scene,"you think your so smart, figure this out"....she truely is evil and would kill again, just like she said in her post interview.

Also, read her journal entries/letters the 600 journal entries, not all of them are posted, I noticed that she would say what she needed to say at the beginning, and than she would own it at the end of the sentence, completely contradicting herself, very eerie..she also did it on the stand, I was reading the transcript on the timelime, she had the same language..I will try and find some quotes to show later...but right now, gotta go, going to be a new grandma tomorrow! yay!

Anyways, like y'all I just don't know about that girl!

Congratulations on your soon-to-be grandparenthood, Neenee!

I think you're correct in much of your sequence, I've found it easier to piece together by comparing what she didn't know to what she did, like the text to CH and the floor cleaning - didn't know the text happened so never mentioned it but threw in the 1:00 p.m. because it was on the pics, didn't know anything about the floor cleaning except seeing the cleaner out and furniture off the tile so only barely skimmed the subject when talking to Flores.

I so wish JM had nailed her on both while she was on the stand, and made her make up more lies that he could expose, but I suppose he felt he had enough. I really wanted to see the exif data on the pics, JM didn't need it because it proves she was consensual about the sex, and the defense didn't need it because it made her a welcome visitor, neither side wanted the pics kept out of evidence but we who are picking apart every single lie need and want it (we're so greedy lol).

Oh - WM, in my 11:42 p.m. post last night, I reread it just now and it seems like I was telling you to "read the report", I meant that "I" had read the report, sorry if that sounded harsh, I didn't mean it that way. :blushing:

By JA's phone, before she turned it off, they know approximately when she arrived in Mesa which would have been around the time she stated. Since she claims to have seen the video in her initial interview with Flores they know she was there around 4am when TA was logged on. They know what time she was on the road by way of her turning on her phone and it pinging on the tower just inside of AZ even though she was over the state line. So she was in AZ that whole time. It does not appear the state or defense believes there was any tampering with the camera nor that her timeline was off. If this were the case defense would have challenged it a long time ago. Since there was an unsuccessful attempt to logon after 4pm that was probably JA.

You have to think that JA must have made a couple of trips up and down those stairs after she killed Travis with no signs of blood on the stairs. Putting laundry in the washer was one trip. Another trip to get items from the house. But no blood was on the stair carpeting but the bannister felt as if to the roommates it had just been cleaned. If she used the cleaner downstairs it would have shown traces of blood and I don't remember that as being evidence so the blood may have been just on her hands as she picked up the bloody items to load in the washer. Also blood was found in the downstairs bath so she probably washed her hands in that bathroom after putting the items in the washer.

There are still a lot of unanswered questions.

Could she have dressed after 4pm, gone downstairs and out to her car to put her bags into the car to leave and then returned to the house with TA still upstairs and then tried to get into his computer and could not get in with the old password? She admits she knew he was planning on taking a shower.

Could she have had the gun in the car and went out to get it saying she needed to take her bags out so he felt comfortable enough to let his guard down because he knew she was leaving?

Could she have actually said goodbye to him and headed downstairs leaving him alone to jump into the shower because he assumed she had left? I just do not see him letting her lose in his home/office to do as she would please. jmo

So are we thinking they were sleeping after sexy time until about 4 pm?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mwaggoner16