Post Verdict -Working Out The Unresolved Questions

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think the hair color in the nudies looks like the color in the April or May pics with the dog.

Why'd she buy a gun between killing him and being arrested? Maybe she thought she'd have to shoot a roommate or someone along the way, I agree though, two weapons looks like she was on a deadly mission. I'm not married to any theory either, just seeing if any particular one fits all the pieces we have.

I disagree about the hair color. Ryan burns said he saw her in March or April 2008 at a PPL event and it had been blonde. She hadn't seen Travis since she left April 8 or close to that date, so that severely closes the window of when she could have happened to take these pictures at Travis' house. Travis looks exhausted in these pictures, as he does in the shower photos, he has a body bug impression in the shower photos, and the bedroom photos has the body bug visible, lending credibility to them being taken the same day.

There was a puzzling juror question, though, as I do not remember anyone ever saying what they asked. They asked JA how Ryan could have seen her with blonde hair in April if she claimed she colored it in March. Her answer was that he was wrong and he'd seen her in March. She doesn't address the hair coloring and when it happened, and I don't recall her saying she colored it in March, do you?

The convention was in mid-March. I can't remember if she and Travis took pictures at that one. We have OKC pictures, but I don't know if they are 2007 or 2008. In them, she is blonde.

I'm just not sure why, with such a slim chance of Mimi or anyone else happening to look back at all the pictures on his camera, that this was even worth a trip to do or bring a gun to kill him over. It's a stronger likelihood that he would see them before anyone else. It makes more sense, at least to me, that these pictures were her way in, her way to have sex with him one more time, and give him what he'd been fantasizing about for months--the pictures and video--before killing him, and she was just not smart enough to understand that delete doesn't work in police investigations.

Jodi said something very interesting on the stand in cross or redirect. She said that the vaginal sex when she was sleeping occurred in May 2007. she said they didn't do it again until after they'd broken up. So that's after June 29, 2007. She doesn't say how long after they'd broken up that it happened again. She claims that they NEVER discussed it or mentioned it after it happened.

My theory--it didn't happen, and they hadn't had sex until she moved to AZ. In the sex recording, Travis says he didn't understand why they'd waited so long to have sex. Or that they should have been doing it all along instead of waiting. Something like that to indicate that they hadn't been doing it the whole time.

She said she didn't move until July 2007. She also said she was living in Big Sur with Matt in June 2007. I'm thinking Travis didn't like that, and that might have been part of the reason for the breakup, though she claims Travis was cool with it. Travis might even have broken up with her once she got to Big Sur, and that was why, during June, other women were in his phone--and she found those texts around that trip to New York.

So I'm thinking this closes their sex window down to at least August 2007 to April 2008. Since he was back and forth with Lisa July through January, and Jodi was tire-slashing in December, I can't imagine that much sex was actually going on during that period.

What do you guys think about the reality of how much sex they actually had versus how the defense made it sound?

By the way, I'm gonna be on the fence about whether Travis had anal sex with her before vaginal sex.

Jodi was living with Darryl 4 years prior to her meeting Travis. She lived in Big Sur with Matt temporarily when she met Darryl. So it would have had to have been around 2004 when she met Darryl. jmo

True - good point, but....
what if she wanted to 'see' if Travis would take her to Cancun; of course, he said "no" - I believe he thought she had left and went to take a shower, and she came back with a knife and gun.... then tried to delete those pictures, (no?). I don't believe we will ever get the truth on "what went down"...

:wave:
You are so right- we will never, ever know the full story behind poor Travis' murder. There have been quite a few '2013 top news' stories on shows like NG and JVM, and I found myself in the last few days revisiting images of JA and her horrendous crime... What really 'struck' me was once again seeing that image of Jodi, nude with the braids, on TA's bed, taken just hours before she slaughtered him... To me, the seemingly 'blank' look on her face, in that exact photo, is in truth a look of scary detachment from everything around her. Her eyes look deadpan, angry, hostile and determined. I feel 100% certain that at the exact moment of the photograph, she was totally gearing up for and committed to her plans for murder. She had let herself be used, yet again, all of her own free will, but this time I think she blamed everything on Travis, despite the fact that SHE came to HIM. I just know that her NON-invitation to Cancun was festering and roiling- she knew that, after their 'fun,' TA was definitely ready to have her leave... "Don't let the screen door hit ya on your way out" comes to mind. In that particular photo, to me, her eyes are saying, "F--- you, Travis. I HATE you. Just you wait, wait til you see what you have coming in just a little while..."

The duct tape was never entered into evidence other than us seeing a picture of it in the laundry room. It could have been from one of the roommates and that is why we never heard another thing about it. It was never entered into evidence in the trial so nothing of value was placed on it in terms of the crime. jmo

Anyone think we will have a trial date by Friday????

Nope.

Not sure why Travis would let JA take his pillows apart just to wrap her hair when there had to have been rubber bands around. Most households have them. And I have to wonder why JA would transfer pictures of her with brown hair (which we do not see her, other than right before TA died and throughout their relationship, with her hair anything other than blond) only to delete them. Clearly she came with a gun and had Travis agreed to take her to Cancun there would be no need to kill him or to delete those pictures. If anything those pictures would have been on her camera or her computer which they weren't. None of the pictures that were on Travis' camera were ever found on any equipment Jodi had.

Travis had two choices that day that he was not aware of: 1) to take Jodi back into his life, or 2) or to lose his life. It appears that was the extent of her plans and may have been why she waited so long to kill him. jmo

I always love your posts cause I agree with everything you say & believe that it went down the exact same way. Great minds think alike ;)

Regarding her hair- did they ever ask her parents when she dyed it? I know the car rental guy said she was blonde so if other people have said the same then it pretty much points to her dying it on the way, which would definitely show premeditation.

Regarding her hair- did they ever ask her parents when she dyed it? I know the car rental guy said she was blonde so if other people have said the same then it pretty much points to her dying it on the way, which would definitely show premeditation.

The lying torture murderess was found guilty of aggravated (especially cruel) first degree murder.

Since premeditation does not have a definite time requirement, the jury's cruelty finding settled the premeditation question, although many trial watchers and others still speculate on her motive -- notwithstanding the fact that evil people tend to do evil things, of course.

snipped for space....
She said she didn't move until July 2007. She also said she was living in Big Sur with Matt in June 2007. I'm thinking Travis didn't like that, and that might have been part of the reason for the breakup, though she claims Travis was cool with it. Travis might even have broken up with her once she got to Big Sur, and that was why, during June, other women were in his phone--and she found those texts around that trip to New York.

So I'm thinking this closes their sex window down to at least August 2008 to April 2008. Since he was back and forth with Lisa July through January, and Jodi was tire-slashing in December, I can't imagine that much sex was actually going on during that period.

What do you guys think about the reality of how much sex they actually had versus how the defense made it sound?

By the way, I'm gonna be on the fence about whether Travis had anal sex with her before vaginal sex.

Hi wasn'tme = re bold - August 2008 to April 2008 ?? :confused: and the 2nd bold July thru January... is that July 2007 thru January 2008??

You are so right- we will never, ever know the full story behind poor Travis' murder. There have been quite a few '2013 top news' stories on shows like NG and JVM, and I found myself in the last few days revisiting images of JA and her horrendous crime... What really 'struck' me was once again seeing that image of Jodi, nude with the braids, on TA's bed, taken just hours before she slaughtered him... To me, the seemingly 'blank' look on her face, in that exact photo, is in truth a look of scary detachment from everything around her. Her eyes look deadpan, angry, hostile and determined. I feel 100% certain that at the exact moment of the photograph, she was totally gearing up for and committed to her plans for murder. She had let herself be used, yet again, all of her own free will, but this time I think she blamed everything on Travis, despite the fact that SHE came to HIM. I just know that her NON-invitation to Cancun was festering and roiling- she knew that, after their 'fun,' TA was definitely ready to have her leave... "Don't let the screen door hit ya on your way out" comes to mind. In that particular photo, to me, her eyes are saying, "F--- you, Travis. I HATE you. Just you wait, wait til you see what you have coming in just a little while..."

Hi annmarie! re bold - and her face - can you maybe crop the picture of just her face so we don't have to look at her body??!! :scared:

TIA! :wave:

I just took a peek at the pics. You can definitely see crazy eyes in that nude braids pic. I still doubt Travis took it. Rather, she took it with the intent to blackmail him. As far as the memory stick, she possibly could have been trying to or did take things from his laptop IMO. Maybe financial records and/ or emails to have dirt on him. Her mug shot IMO has a smug almost accomplished look about it.

That pic is imbedded in my mind, unfortunately, and I can clearly remember her face, a blank poker face. I would think Travis took it she would be smiling seductively, but her stare is that of a snake ready to strike.

Yeah she looks like she had a plan at that time. She took selfies that had a more seductive look.

Jodi said something very interesting on the stand in cross or redirect. She said that the vaginal sex when she was sleeping occurred in May 2007. she said they didn't do it again until after they'd broken up. So that's after June 29, 2007. She doesn't say how long after they'd broken up that it happened again. She claims that they NEVER discussed it or mentioned it after it happened.

My theory--it didn't happen, and they hadn't had sex until she moved to AZ. In the sex recording, Travis says he didn't understand why they'd waited so long to have sex. Or that they should have been doing it all along instead of waiting. Something like that to indicate that they hadn't been doing it the whole time.

So I'm thinking this closes their sex window down to at least August 2008 to April 2008. Since he was back and forth with Lisa July through January, and Jodi was tire-slashing in December, I can't imagine that much sex was actually going on during that period.

--------
Hi Wasnt_Me, speaking of vaginal sex I remember jodi saying they only had vaginal sex once. I thought that convinced me of my thoughts on her personally. Did you by any chance hear that? I've asked but no one has ever answered. Oh!! she sad this when she was testifying. Didn't seem right to me. I do not think they had as much sex as N. said..a person can say anything on the phone, doesnt make it so.:seeya:

http://www.theepochtimes.com/n3/425...-penalty-former-cell-mate/?sidebar=hotarticle

....Collins said that Arias underwent a prison-wide campaign to convince the other inmates of her innocence. “She’ll try to suffocate you with her version and her side,” Collins said, adding that it was a form of manipulation.
In addition, Arias seemed to have a strange fascination with Martinez.
“She asked me questions like ‘why doesn’t Juan Martinez love me?’ And I’m like, love you? He’s your prosecutor.. he’s there to prosecute you for a crime.. and I’m like why doesn’t he love you?”
Collins said tha tArias appeared to be “out of her freakin’ mind.”......

Oh boy!! The crazy lady is going strong! Poor Juan... remember that one day she got all flirty on the stand? :floorlaugh:

snipped for space....

Hi wasn'tme = re bold - August 2008 to April 2008 ?? :confused: and the 2nd bold July thru January... is that July 2007 thru January 2008??

Hi annmarie! re bold - and her face - can you maybe crop the picture of just her face so we don't have to look at her body??!! :scared:

TIA! :wave:

I'm sorry. It was a typo. The first should be August 2007 to April 2008. The second, you are correct. Lambchop, if you happen to be able to edit that to august 2007, I'd appreciate it.

You'd think someone in Yreka would have found this hair color change strange and would have testified to it. I can't remember if her parents mentioned in the interrogation tapes. What I have noticed, though, is that there are pictures of her apparently in some place where there is snow, and her hair is this tricolor mix that it was like in the dog picture. So I want to know when those snow pictures were taken.

Also, it would have been nice if they'd shown the tri-color hair picture to Ryan and asked if she'd looked like that when he'd first met her or if she'd looked like that on June 5th. That would have answered some of the questions. Or, they could have showed the pictures to the rental car guy for the same result. But, I guess they kind of did that when they showed him the booking photo. After seeing it, Colombo, had said it was her, but she'd been blonde.

--------
Hi Wasnt_Me, speaking of vaginal sex I remember jodi saying they only had vaginal sex once. I thought that convinced me of my thoughts on her personally. Did you by any chance hear that? I've asked but no one has ever answered. Oh!! she sad this when she was testifying. Didn't seem right to me. I do not think they had as much sex as N. said..a person can say anything on the phone, doesnt make it so.:seeya:

What I heard her say was that when he allegedly had sex with her while she was asleep, that was the first time they'd had vaginal sex. Then she said they never talked about it, and she figured she'd forget it as a mistake, and they didn't do it again until after they'd broken up.

I personally, without proof, do not believe Travis was diving anal before vaginal--unless Jodi was the one who told him that it wasn't against the Mormon laws and convinced him to do it instead of vaginal.

But, listening to the sex tape, she makes a remark, "There have been times when I've been so bold as to" initiate whatever sexual activity. When she said that, it led me to believe that she was trying to play the role of miss innocent with him during their relationship.

She also bought the KY, claiming Travis refused to buy it. I doubt that it was the way she'd made it sound. I'm sure he was embarrassed, like a guy who'd be embarrassed to buy feminine products at the store.

And as far as him treating her like a "dirty little secret," that was painfully untrue if you look at pictures and listen to testimony. For example, Lisa had seen JA at his house. She'd seen enough to know something was going on. The roommates had seen her plenty. The guy who testified on rebuttal (when they'd shown the silent video) filmed JA with her head in Travis' lap and had a picture of them while she was in a robe, outside a hotel room, and TA was kissing her head.

Additionally, Dan Freeman and his sister had gone on trips with TA and JA. They are LDS members, so I don't know who JA claimed he was hiding the relationship from--except Skye and Chris, who did not like JA. Oh, and Deanna, but I still haven't decided the truth behind that.

But my point is that, any of those people could have talked to other people about Travis being with Jodi at any time. Anyone she was friends with or he was friends would could have seen those pictures from the trips. People also associated across wards, so from what I see, Travis was doing a very poor job hiding Jodi.

It would make all the sense in the world that he wouldn't broadcast a relationship with an ex he was separating from while trying to date Lisa or Mimi. And it makes sense that JA threw the sex on him after the breakup to pull him back in.

Jodi was living with Darryl 4 years prior to her meeting Travis. She lived in Big Sur with Matt temporarily when she met Darryl. So it would have had to have been around 2004 when she met Darryl. jmo

I'm not sure if this is in reference to what I said about her being in Big Sur in the summer of 2007. But if it is, she apparently was there and living with Matt, according to the testimony. I think it was Nurmi who asked her if Travis had cared that she'd been living with Matt in Big Sur.

Her reply was that Travis wasn't upset about that because he knew they were just friends. She then said she'd only lived there a month before Travis allegedly helped her move to AZ. I believe she said she was supposed to have been in Big Sur for two months.

So what that tells me is that she up and left that job right when Travis broke up with her. And I kind of believe Travis did the breaking up because she was living with Matt. They probably had issues with it all through June and she was having one of those are-we/or-are-we-not breakup moments in her head like she did with Bobby. Then she might have found texts from other women that indicated he was "cheating," and her answer was to move to AZ to work since he had a problem with her working for the summer in Big Sur and living with Matt.

I want to say, but I could be wrong, that this is during the part of testimony that she said Matt and she were like brother and sister. Oh you know, it might have bee part of Nurmi's questions after a juror had asked if Travis had had a problem with her living with Matt.

Complete conjecture on my part from that bit of testimony.

JA is such a mess, lock her up or whatever. Just get her out of the media for one & sentence her. DP would be fine, she'd be alone for years & others would be safe for many years from evil. jmo

You'd have to spend months or years creating her fantasy of reality.

Anything out of her mouth, even notorized on her tongue, wouldn't make me believe the story that some think to be true about their relationship. Nothing. The girl created a fantasy of their relationship when you think about what she could do. She could text herself from TA's phone and plot anything. Post pictures on vacations... Go Juan! Get 'er, again.

I'm not sure if this is in reference to what I said about her being in Big Sur in the summer of 2007. But if it is, she apparently was there and living with Matt, according to the testimony. I think it was Nurmi who asked her if Travis had cared that she'd been living with Matt in Big Sur.

Her reply was that Travis wasn't upset about that because he knew they were just friends. She then said she'd only lived there a month before Travis allegedly helped her move to AZ. I believe she said she was supposed to have been in Big Sur for two months.

So what that tells me is that she up and left that job right when Travis broke up with her. And I kind of believe Travis did the breaking up because she was living with Matt. They probably had issues with it all through June and she was having one of those are-we/or-are-we-not breakup moments in her head like she did with Bobby. Then she might have found texts from other women that indicated he was "cheating," and her answer was to move to AZ to work since he had a problem with her working for the summer in Big Sur and living with Matt.

I want to say, but I could be wrong, that this is during the part of testimony that she said Matt and she were like brother and sister. Oh you know, it might have bee part of Nurmi's questions after a juror had asked if Travis had had a problem with her living with Matt.

Complete conjecture on my part from that bit of testimony.

I must have missed that testimony and I could have. There were days I just could not watch her on the stand. For some reason I thought she was still living in the home up until the time she decided to move to Mesa.

I have to say, too, is it possible we only have JA's word that they were dating exclusively. Was there anything ever from TA's side that claimed they were a couple? It seems to me in her relationships she is the determining factor as to whether or not they are an exclusive item. And if the male partner is not on the same page as she is his freedom to date anyone he chooses is considered by JA as "cheating". jmo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
reneej08