Post your PROFILE

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
DS made comments that were pretty self-serving, so anything he says has to be taken with a grain of salt. He claims he wasn't AC's pimp but was there to protect her when things got rough and told the silly story about how she would just leave thousands of dollars on the kitchen table and told him to take what he needed. But he wasn't a pimp.

Many of the working gals I met while in the PD, and moonlighting as a NYC taxi driver, were decent gals Most of them caught a bad break in life. Gays and working gals always tipped well. By in large they were good hearted souls. Leaving a lot of money on the table with a friend is not as unusual as you might think. Most don't have a lot of money because they shoot it in their arm.

Keep in mind these gals survive on their wits. They survive with drug dealers, cops, and possible predators.

A couple of years ago, former PC Dormer said, EVERYONE will be surprised when an arrest is made. Would he say he misspoke? If not, why would he say EVERYONE? Would it be because of the position they hold in society?

A couple of years ago, former PC Dormer said, EVERYONE will be surprised when an arrest is made. Would he say he misspoke? If not, why would he say EVERYONE? Would it be because of the position they hold in society?

Interresting!
To me that sounds as if they had a suspect, and that this person was somone Dormer belived noone would belive was the killer......hmmm!

Could you please post a link to that information, I´m VERY interrested to read it.

Interresting!
To me that sounds as if they had a suspect, and that this person was somone Dormer belived noone would belive was the killer......hmmm!

Could you please post a link to that information, I´m VERY interrested to read it.

This was a clip I saw on the news I think. If I see it on youtube I will let you know. I was always curious about that.

I remember this too and I think it was in one of Dormer's first interviews when he was mostly in CYA mode. I didn't think it was anything significant.

Based on what has been said about the effectiveness of the SCPD under Dormer I think his statement is extremely accurate when one word is changed

Everyone would be surprised when (IF) an arrest is made.

Going on three years I know I would be surprised.

MOO

I've heard some of the detectives on the case have been taken off and/or transferred. I've also heard that the case is considered so secretive and kept under such wraps people who normally get information shared with from that office can't even get close to those files or hear anything about it.

You gotta wonder if that's part of the problem. I understand you can't give everything you have away to the public but I think there has to be some kind of exchange of information for there to be movement.

I've heard some of the detectives on the case have been taken off and/or transferred. I've also heard that the case is considered so secretive and kept under such wraps people who normally get information shared with from that office can't even get close to those files or hear anything about it.

You gotta wonder if that's part of the problem. I understand you can't give everything you have away to the public but I think there has to be some kind of exchange of information for there to be movement.

I don't believe it helps the investigation to be secretive. To me it seems like they are shooting themselves in the foot because they are embarrassed by no significant leads or breaks in the this case.

Well, given their methods, their way of thinking, the fact, that serial killers in cases, police used the same strategy had either some decade long careers or weren't caught at all, I would be surprised too, if SCPD would arrest someone in this case.

It is definitively part of the problem. Some PDs are very secretive when it comes to SK cases. There is always a lot of political fallout if someone does anything or don't. And so, they keep everything under wraps as much as they can and label it "to protect their investigation". Other PDs (for example California/Orange County) try to go to the public as fast as they can. Well, Orange county caught two SKs in the time, since the GB4 were found and both were harder cases in a way because the unsubs had no regular addresses and lived in environments not actually known for thier police-friendliness. And in KC, the solved a case after 1 1/2 years (but basically weeks after the second murder). I count that one as SK as well since the will to kill again was surely there. And we talked lately about Chase, the Sacramento Vampire. When profilers suggested, to go public and police actually did it, he had only days left.
On the other hand, Wichita PD gave Rader a thirty years career by using the secrecy strategy and still holds some of the evidence secret. LISK is out there since at least 2006, his Manorville colleague since at least 1996 and SCPD keeps everything a secret, making sure, they will be out there for one or two more decades.

Was the Manorville case also secretive before we ever heard of GB4?

Wonder who was picked to replace the DTs who were on the case? What would be expected of them? Work on this case? Or sit on it?

Was the Manorville case also secretive before we ever heard of GB4?

Manorville didn't catch media attention, so it wasn't that obvious, but on the few occasions, media actually asked SCPD, it was also the standard response "no comment, we have to protect our investigation".
Of course, one can guess now, whether SCPD made the connection between the cases or was for years in denial. We all remember the first reaction on the GB4 discovery "There is no reason to assume there is a serial killer" ... yeah, right!

What makes you think, they were replaced in the first place?

An assumption. My mistake. It looks like they cut back on the number of people working on this case. I take that back. This case has been tucked away.

I did hear the same about some detectives being removed from the case.

I agree that it is important to release info to the public. In the article I provided below, when the picture of Jessica Taylor's tattoo was released, there was movement in identifying her.

Initially, Lt. Fitzpatrick refused to release a picture of the tattoo on Jessica Taylor but eventually he was pressured to release it resulting in an ID.

Taylor is next known to have been in Washington, where a prostitute reported her missing in mid-July. She was last seen in Manhattan near the bus terminal on July 18-21, police said.
Taylor might have remained anonymous had it not been for a Washington police officer.
Poring over police bulletins of unidentified remains, he realized that a tattoo of wings and the words "Remy's Angel" on the back of the torso found in Manorville fit her description. The tattoo had been cut and mutilated to make identification harder.
The officer contacted Suffolk police and Taylor was identified in February 2004.
Connecting a picture of her face while alive with the dumped body was then seen as a big break in the case.
Det. Lt. Jack Fitzpatrick, then Suffolk homicide commander, said then that police were hoping someone would recognize her photo.

Det. Lt. Jack Fitzpatrick replaced retiring Det. Lt. Gerard Pelkofsky on March 1. Fitzpatrick had run the unit from 2002 to 2010, when former Commissioner Richard Dormer replaced him with Pelkofsky over an administrative flap. Now, Fitzpatrick is back and giving fresh perspective to the daunting task at hand.

Now Lt Fitzpatrick is BACK, again refusing to release info. And remember, he had run the unit from 2002 - 2010 when all these bodies were piling up.

I did hear the same about some detectives being removed from the case.

I agree that it is important to release info to the public. In the article I provided below, when the picture of Jessica Taylor's tattoo was released, there was movement in identifying her.

Initially, Lt. Fitzpatrick refused to release a picture of the tattoo on Jessica Taylor but eventually he was pressured to release it resulting in an ID.

Taylor is next known to have been in Washington, where a prostitute reported her missing in mid-July. She was last seen in Manhattan near the bus terminal on July 18-21, police said.
Taylor might have remained anonymous had it not been for a Washington police officer.
Poring over police bulletins of unidentified remains, he realized that a tattoo of wings and the words "Remy's Angel" on the back of the torso found in Manorville fit her description. The tattoo had been cut and mutilated to make identification harder.
The officer contacted Suffolk police and Taylor was identified in February 2004.
Connecting a picture of her face while alive with the dumped body was then seen as a big break in the case.
Det. Lt. Jack Fitzpatrick, then Suffolk homicide commander, said then that police were hoping someone would recognize her photo.

Det. Lt. Jack Fitzpatrick replaced retiring Det. Lt. Gerard Pelkofsky on March 1. Fitzpatrick had run the unit from 2002 to 2010, when former Commissioner Richard Dormer replaced him with Pelkofsky over an administrative flap. Now, Fitzpatrick is back and giving fresh perspective to the daunting task at hand.

Now Lt Fitzpatrick is BACK, again refusing to release info. And remember, he had run the unit from 2002 - 2010 when all these bodies were piling up.

A lot of PDs refuse to release anything to the public. Wichita did and BTK had a decade long career. Zodiac escaped with the help of the PD's secrecy policy. Houston PD, also driven by covering up their lack of interest in victims, helped Dean Corll to a relative long homicidal career, made Shore's series possible that way and honestly earned the highly unofficial title "serial killer's paradise" with that secrecy and not listening policy.
On the other hand, Philly drove Graham into giving up in less than a week, by using the public. Sacramento got Trenton in less than a week with the help of the public. Orange County released a sketch for their panhandler killer and even they caught him in the act, they had already a lot of tips after three days.
Bottom line: People like Det. Fitzpatrick couldn't protect their SKs better if they would try to do intentionally so. Most serial killer accomplices aren't that motivated to let the killers go away than some of those detectives.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member