Post your PROFILE

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
A lot of PDs refuse to release anything to the public. Wichita did and BTK had a decade long career. Zodiac escaped with the help of the PD's secrecy policy. Houston PD, also driven by covering up their lack of interest in victims, helped Dean Corll to a relative long homicidal career, made Shore's series possible that way and honestly earned the highly unofficial title "serial killer's paradise" with that secrecy and not listening policy.
On the other hand, Philly drove Graham into giving up in less than a week, by using the public. Sacramento got Trenton in less than a week with the help of the public. Orange County released a sketch for their panhandler killer and even they caught him in the act, they had already a lot of tips after three days.
Bottom line: People like Det. Fitzpatrick couldn't protect their SKs better if they would try to do intentionally so. Most serial killer accomplices aren't that motivated to let the killers go away than some of those detectives.

Just based on this, it would seem that in most instances.... LE secrecy is the SKs best friend.

If so, I wonder when LE will realize this and start informing the public???

Just based on this, it would seem that in most instances.... LE secrecy is the SKs best friend.

One of the biggest problem between regular LE and profilers (including BAU here) is that a lot of profiles basically call for involvement of the public but then, public also can feel encouraged to go for a witch hunt. So regular LE sees more the witch hunt angle, profilers more the success rate in catching the guy.
And then, every SK case has some aspects, which later, in hindsight are rather embarrassing. Secrecy allows more thorough cover ups of those moments. In the case of Corll, that went so far, they got the two accomplices a no-death-penalty deal if they would keep their mouth shut over things, Houston PD did/didn't do.

Whoever saw MBB last must have been able to describe what she was wearing...Port Authority must have had security cameras, too. But SCPD, afaik, has never released a description of where in the terminal she was last seen and what she was wearing or what items she had with her....
like a rolling suitcase, an overnight bag, a purse. These are basics that may have helped others who may have seen MBB at or near the Port Authority...some others may have seen her but with no description of what she was wearing or carrying how would anyone know what they may have seen.

Same with MB and MW...no one has ever put out a description of what they were wearing or carrying. AND, in MW's case there was a video of her....BUT afaik, LE never released that to the public either. WHY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Whoever saw MBB last must have been able to describe what she was wearing...Port Authority must have had security cameras, too. But SCPD, afaik, has never released a description of where in the terminal she was last seen and what she was wearing or what items she had with her....
like a rolling suitcase, an overnight bag, a purse. These are basics that may have helped others who may have seen MBB at or near the Port Authority...some others may have seen her but with no description of what she was wearing or carrying how would anyone know what they may have seen.

Same with MB and MW...no one has ever put out a description of what they were wearing or carrying. AND, in MW's case there was a video of her....BUT afaik, LE never released that to the public either. WHY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I hear ya!

I keep going back to the phone calls to MB's family... the calls seem to be the one thing that set this killer apart... but it will be a VERY long time (if ever!) before anyone outside LE hears the recordings of his calls.

I hear ya!

I keep going back to the phone calls to MB's family... the calls seem to be the one thing that set this killer apart... but it will be a VERY long time (if ever!) before anyone outside LE hears the recordings of his calls.

Makes you wonder if the NM Mesa West police released their phone recordings in hopes that MB's sister might recognize the voice. They didn't seem afraid to release those recordings. Why won't NYPD or SCPD release the MB's sister recordings.

For all SCPD knows, someone might recognize some background sound in addition to the guy or woman's voice. Then again, if he or she used spoof call and a voice changer then the voice wouldn't be accurate...BUT, someone else may have gotten a call from the killer and the sentence structure, word choice and rhythm of his or her speak might be equally as telling as the timbre and tone...which could have been altered.

I don't believe it helps the investigation to be secretive. To me it seems like they are shooting themselves in the foot because they are embarrassed by no significant leads or breaks in the this case.

There are people in this case that are involved either directly or indirectly. To do a thorough investigation would bring some interesting people to great embarrassment. If you think SG and the GB4 was merely a coincidence you should let me sell you that bridge over the East River.

I have said this before and I will say it again. A person that is deeply involved in this investigation is a rapist of prostitutes. That person's history is well known to many other police officers and they are too terrified to speak of it. Only the other day I learned something that startled even me, though I can't say I was surprised as I already suspected it based on 8 years of investigation this character posing as a ranking police officer. And, you know what it is even worse than raping prostitutes.

How the heck do you think a police department is going to do a proper investigation in this case when all the information passes through this misfit?

The truth is hanging out there and it is being hidden. It is only a matter of time before the truth comes out.

The truth is hanging out there and it is being hidden. It is only a matter of time before the truth comes out.

Hawk, I feel sure you're right about that first part, and can only hope you're right about the second part too.

People need to ask themselves -
- why doesn't LE release the 911 calls, the cell phone calls from LISK, etc.?
- why doesn't LE raise the reward amount, actively seek info from the public, etc.?

There can only be two answers; the first is that they have a solid suspect and they're just tying up loose ends before making an arrest. And the second answer is that they don't need any help with the investigation because they already know everything they need to know, and they're not planning on saying anything about it, ever.

PD, someday, someone may speak up. But, I have wondered, hundreds of times, if the great majority of the bodies found actually did try to speak up or speak out and that is why they were killed and dumped.

There are people in this case that are involved either directly or indirectly. To do a thorough investigation would bring some interesting people to great embarrassment. If you think SG and the GB4 was merely a coincidence you should let me sell you that bridge over the East River.

I have said this before and I will say it again. A person that is deeply involved in this investigation is a rapist of prostitutes. That person's history is well known to many other police officers and they are too terrified to speak of it. Only the other day I learned something that startled even me, though I can't say I was surprised as I already suspected it based on 8 years of investigation this character posing as a ranking police officer. And, you know what it is even worse than raping prostitutes.

How the heck do you think a police department is going to do a proper investigation in this case when all the information passes through this misfit?

I may be niave but how can a rapist of prostitutes be deeply involved in the investigation? The only way this could be possible would be someone in LE or the District Attorney's office, has committed crimes for which he has not been charged for. It is my understanding if he was under investgation he would be suspended.

Secondly if you know about this person, would not Internal Affairs of the SCPD be aware of him?

Just how rotten is the SCPD?

Is it so rotten that the New York State has to come in and clean it up?

The mind boggles.

MOO

I may be niave but how can a rapist of prostitutes be deeply involved in the investigation? The only way this could be possible would be someone in LE or the District Attorney's office, has committed crimes for which he has not been charged for. It is my understanding if he was under investgation he would be suspended.

Secondly if you know about this person, would not Internal Affairs of the SCPD be aware of him?

Just how rotten is the SCPD?

Is it so rotten that the New York State has to come in and clean it up?

The mind boggles.

MOO

This was discussed but I don't remember which thread it was in.

http://m.theatlanticwire.com/nation...e-suspects-long-island-serial-killings/37739/

Hi.

That's not what Hawkshaw is making reference to. Hawk is implying that one of the chief members of the homicide squad in charge of this investigation has the history he stated and has gotten away with it because he is a member of SCPD.

Is this true? Who are the chief members of the homicide squad?

[/B]

Hawk, if you are correct.... - the dept. of justice and fbi special agents on this case need to know immediately, that being said - its an extremely serious allegation you are making.

if you are just speaking your opinion, and you honestly FEEL this "misfit" has raped and killed gb4 &sg - then, can you please make that clear to people?

Ironically, it is yet another person with the all too common initials of JB.
We have at least three players with the same initials:

The LE administrator previously under the DA

The Landscaper/suicide victim who maybe some folks wanted to be a scape goat, instead.

and...
The host to SG on May 1, 2010.

Hawkshaw, is the subject of an 8 year investigation and the rapist of prostitutes the same person? What the HELL is going on in Suffolk Co?

Fieldnotes needs to go back to OAK BEACH and do another Inquiry

If this is true hawk, you need to put it in an email and cc top brass of all the agencies tkam mentioned.
Also cc a few good investigative reporters And the governor. oh, and dont forget your lawyer.

Manorville didn't catch media attention, so it wasn't that obvious, but on the few occasions, media actually asked SCPD, it was also the standard response "no comment, we have to protect our investigation".
Of course, one can guess now, whether SCPD made the connection between the cases or was for years in denial. We all remember the first reaction on the GB4 discovery "There is no reason to assume there is a serial killer" ... yeah, right!

What are they really protecting?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member