Pot may hike risk of psychosis, research finds

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
They just made me feel very heavy and very stoned without what I consider to be the fun aspects - the laughter, the lightness, the lazy buzziness......I just literally feel like a big stone when I eat pot! I don't want to do anything and my thoughts aren't even very entertaining.

Much much better to smoke, IMHO.

I agree. I had a couple of pot cookies at a barbeque last year and I don't think I moved from my lounge chair for a few hours! That said, it was like I was watching a live movie with the drunk people acting like idiots. It was a lot of fun but not something I would like to do very often.

Perhaps some of you can help me out on this so I have a better understanding. I've been told that much of the "hit", that comes from smoking pot, is attributable to the toxins, contained in pot. Somel, who use marijuana, use "vaporizers" which are said to eliminate most of the toxins ingested. They say the THC vaporizes at a lower temperature, so you aren't actually ingesting any smoke, just the THC contained within the marijuana. Is anyone here familiar with this??

I've used the vaporizer before with a friend and she swears by it. I have to say its nice not to have it all cloudy and smoky in the room.

LOL - maybe I am just in deep denial, but I think pot should be legal and that alcohol is WAY more dangerous than pot.

It's gonna take a lot more than this study to make me scared of pot....but that's just my bad attitude about the subject.
My son has his degree in Drug and Alcohol counseling. BOTH are dangerous drugs and both have horrible long lasting damage.

My son has his degree in Drug and Alcohol counseling. BOTH are dangerous drugs and both have horrible long lasting damage.

I've known only one person who only did one drug, pot. All the others also did any other drug they thought might get them high or to feel better. My first boyfriend started out with pot and ended horribly addicted to much worse. I despise drugs and alcohol. Those two things ruined my life and caused every single problem or unhappiness I have today as a result of other people's use. I never got into drugs or drinking very much at all or for very long.

I hate pot brownies - waste of good marijuana, if you ask me.

Hey, I think (thought) they were great. I don't know where you were getting your pot, but..........

Anyway, I was in the hospital one time for a minor operation and my friends (my dear sweet friends) brought me some brownies - bahahahaha!! I was higher than a kite and then when the nurse came in to take my vital signs I got all paranoid that she would be able to tell because my blood pressure was sky high or something - She couldn't!

I've known only one person who only did one drug, pot. All the others also did any other drug they thought might get them high or to feel better. My first boyfriend started out with pot and ended horribly addicted to much worse. I despise drugs and alcohol. Those two things ruined my life and caused every single problem or unhappiness I have today as a result of other people's use. I never got into drugs or drinking very much at all or for very long.

That's interesting. I know/knew lots of recreational marijuana smokers/social drinkers - people who are happy productive members of society and just use those substances to unwind.

However, I also know lots of addicts who can't use any substance successfully without their life going to hell fairly rapidly. I'm in that category.

Addiction (my own and other people's) has also caused most of the pain and unhappiness I have had in my own life - so I really understand where you are coming from.

But I also realize that not everyone who smokes pot or drinks alcohol is an addict.

As a Drug and Alcohol Counselor (my sister-in-law is one), I'm sure your son sees lots of addicts and for addicts, pot and alcohol are extremely dangerous. For normal people (or Earth people, as I like to call them ;) ), pot and alcohol can be used recreationally and responsibly without long term effects. IMHO.

It is true that we may not know which side of the fence we fall on when we take that first drink or toke, so caution is warranted.

Of the two, I believe pot to be a much safer drug than alcohol.

As a Drug and Alcohol Counselor (my sister-in-law is one), I'm sure your son sees lots of addicts and for addicts, pot and alcohol are extremely dangerous. For normal people (or Earth people, as I like to call them ;) ), pot and alcohol can be used recreationally and responsibly without long term effects. IMHO.

It is true that we may not know which side of the fence we fall on when we take that first drink or toke, so caution is warranted.

Of the two, I believe pot to be a much safer drug than alcohol.

Well said, SCM, and I agree.

Texas just discovered their largest pot farm ever. The details aren't available yet.

Probably the same cartel that plants all of the acreage in California. It's a huge opearation. Ever think about how many people would be involved in distrubuting the pot from 100's of thousands of plants. 85,000 plants is large, and that was just one farm.

Can't wait to hear about Texas; you know how they like to brag how everything is bigger there. Well, here's the test.

Sources: Police Discover Large Marijuana Field in Southwest Dallas Sunday

3rd Pot Field Found in 3 Weeks in North Texas

DALLAS -- Sources have confirmed to FOX 4 that officers aboard a Dallas Police Department helicopter have discovered a large field of marijuana plants in southwest Dallas.

The field is so big that police have called in federal and state agencies to help, according to our sources.

The crop is located at I-20 and Spur 408 and can only be seen from the air.

Sources said the chopper was doing a routine flyover when someone noticed the field.

Sunday's discovery marks the 3rd time in 3 weeks that authorities have found marijuana growing in places hidden from view, but close to busy areas.

http://www.myfoxdfw.com/myfox/pages...n=1&locale=EN-US&layoutCode=TSTY&pageId=3.2.1

Buzz the farm is so large, i just got a message on my machine asking you and I specifically to go help them clear it out. Along with the other agencies of course.
Are you free?

Buzz the farm is so large, i just got a message on my machine asking you and I specifically to go help them clear it out. Along with the other agencies of course.
Are you free?
I was thinking about, who do we know in Texas that can run over there, and load up a truck, or two. We need to make hemp while the sun shines.

I was thinking about, who do we know in Texas that can run over there, and load up a truck, or two. We need to make hemp while the sun shines.
Better than putting hemp where the sun don't shine.

They better be guarding that field, , closely.
Since it is surely being watched, I don't think anyone would dare go to that field,located at I-20 and Spur 408.

Re: The following article---I don't know about those Texans saying theirs are always bigger:

Field of 10,000 Marijuana Plants Found Near Dallas

Last Edited: Sunday, 22 Jul 2007, 8:43 PM CDT
Created: Sunday, 22 Jul 2007, 8:43 PM CDT

Thousands of marijuana plants were removed in southwest Dallas. (MyFoxDFW)
GRAND PRAIRIE, Texas -- Federal drug agents and local authorities cleared a massive marijuana field in North Texas on Saturday where more than 10,000 pot plants were growing.

The field, which covered upward of seven acres and was located where the city limits to Grand Prairie and Dallas meet, was discovered Friday after a caller phoned in a tip to Grand Prairie police.

10,000 plants here in Northern California would be a tiny patch.

The ones here in Northern California are all 60,000 to 100,000 plants

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sleepingpillsstore
Back