Powell family statements addressing the murder/suicide*merged*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Being bullied doesn't cause someone to burn two children to death.

or to take an ax or hatchet to them before the explosion. I wouldn't be surprised if he did the same thing to Susan. :(

There is no question that Josh was cyberbullied. I am quite certain he was a pariah in RL as well. This is how the public handles their frustration when they believe they know someone is guilty of a heinous crime and the perp is still walking around.

Caveat-Josh was/is completely guilty imo and "innocent until proven guilty" doesnt apply to me...it applies to a judge and a jury of his peers.

Is it right for him to have been cyber bullied? Is it right and just to cyber bully FICA? I think that is the question we should ask ourselves.

The Powell family are victims. They are. No question. They are collateral damage in all of this. Can you imagine what it must be like to be carrying that name and association? Everyone in that family has been tainted by the same brush.

It isnt fair. I think Josh's dad is the root of this evil, but that is because the only way I can deal with this is to imagine that someone is responsible for this seed planted in Josh. :(

Here is a discussion thread for the statements being reported in the media from various family member's of Josh Powell.

Please do not use this thread to bash the family-feel free to discuss the statements, what may have motivated the statements and what you agree/disagree regarding the statments.

Moving my post from the other thread here.

In a statement released on Tuesday, Powell's sister Alina said, "Josh and his boys spent more than two years being crushed alive by hate, harassment, and abuse."
"None of us could have anticipated the devastating tragedy that took place Sunday, but what this unimaginable loss shows is that hate will never end well," Alina Powell said.

These comments from Alina Powell take the cake. Do these people just not get it? It sickens me these boys even share the same DNA as this family. It sickens me they were ever exposed to this family and it sickens me Susan ever crossed paths with this family.

I need a break before I earn myself a time out.

My heart is breaking for the Cox family, as if this wasn't horrific enough.

These boys weren't crushed alive by online information. They were hatched and burnt to death by their father, the ONLY person responsible for this horrifying tragedy. :furious:

Carrying this portion of my post from the other thread.

And then his family. How exactly does one justify their own brother hatching his children? How does one justify people finding that horrific as evil? Josh's actions were evil. The Powell family excusing Josh's behavior and choices, choices Josh made freely and of his own will, is horrifying. Even Jeffrey Dahmers father placed the responsibility on his son, where it belonged. Not the Powell family. :furious:

My God, evil and family members justifying that evil.
I never thought I'd see the day, but here we are.

They were killed by hate, just not in the way I think she means. I often wonder about spousal/child killers and the rage they have to feel to do what they do.

It's projection. This tragedy was caused by JP's hatred...of Susan and her family, LE, and the courts- and the fact that they wouldn't all just cede complete control to him.

Instead they are reversing things and blaming external hatred towards JP. But it just doesn't stand up to reason.

To me it just shows the dysfunctional family dynamics that the patriarch of the Powell family created, His sick and twisted nature poisoned the well. And the family members have to try and blame others for the evil that he wrought, imo.

The Powell family are victims. They are. No question. They are collateral damage in all of this. Can you imagine what it must be like to be carrying that name and association? Everyone in that family has been tainted by the same brush.

It isnt fair. I think Josh's dad is the root of this evil, but that is because the only way I can deal with this is to imagine that someone is responsible for this seed planted in Josh. :(

Mr Leach doesn't carry the same name. No one would have known his relationship to the Powell family had he not opened up his big mouth. Which seems to be a family trait. His opinion will be unpopular and he knows it. He has a right to an opinion and so do the rest of us.

To me it just shows the dysfunctional family dynamics that the patriarch of the Powell family created, His sick and twisted nature poisoned the well. And the family members have to try and blame others for the evil that he wrought, imo.

What do they say, "People are only as sick as their secrets" - Based on what this family has chosen to publicly reveal of themselves, I don't doubt there are a great many sick secrets in this family, that run deep.

And it is a shame two innocent children and presumably their mother lost their lives as a result of it.

And then his family. How exactly does one justify their own brother hatching his children? How does one justify people finding that horrific as evil? Josh's actions were evil. The Powell family excusing Josh's behavior and choices, choices Josh made freely and of his own will, is horrifying. Even Jeffrey Dahmers father placed the responsibility on his son, where it belonged. Not the Powell family. :furious:

Mark Hacking's family is another example. They received alot of public support as well.

Sometimes I feel more sorryfor the families of the perps who die than the victims' families. There's no outpouring of love for the perp's family. No one comes forward to support you.

I understand that statement 100%. I just vented to those in my house about this and I said "God forbid it was my family in these shoes... My only statement would be to the family that was hurt dearly (Cox family in this case)."
Then I would burrow myself in my home to reflect on any or all of the reasons a family member would be capable of such madness.

The Powell family are victims, but they won't get support by defending JP the way they are. I think I've tooted this statement a lot this morning, the Powell family should just remain quite, see a counselor and have their time to grieve, not defend.

When we looked at the chantrey site we saw a family story that was not the Waltons. The powells, we still don't know which ones exactly, were more than happy to put Susan's girlhood journals on-line. They were more than happy to defile her name and memory, they were more than happy to call her very sexual towards steve on national tv and they were more than happy to hurt the Coxes at every possible opportunity.

Looking at the GMA clip when AB asks joshie what he thought about steve's comments about Susan flirting with him, joshie's response was pure evil. I will never forget the look/smirk on his face. Looking back, I believe then [last summer] he knew what the final outcome would be it was just a matter of time and the amount of pressure placed on him.

Alina's statement on ABC this morning is another indicator of the powell family creed 'Take No Responsibility' For Your Actions.

Leach had the option to NOT call the FBI, he had the option to not go to media but he chose to do so. If he hadn't we would not even know who he was.

IMHO

From the article:

Leach said he’s aware that the Powell family conducted their own cyber attack on the Cox family and West Valley City Police Department at www.susanpowell.org and more recently, at their website, "4thekidzz," which seems to have been removed following Josh Powell’s death.

But while Leach said he disagrees with the manner in which his relatives have aired their views about the case, he is critical of the way the Facebook pages hounded his cousin.

OMG - cry me a river!!!

Was it okay for Steve Powell to video Susan and other women and children without their consent?

You know, right now people are grieving over the brutal - and I mean brutal - ax-murdering and deaths of these two innocent boys. For someone in that family to try and turn the Powell men into martyrs or victims at this moment is beyond belief.

I don't know why people go on facebook and try to intimidate others. Someone could have called CPS without announcing it on Facebook. But he was in trouble over his kids anyway. He has been suspected in the death of their mother for years. Most people agree, he shouldn't have had home visitation!

But none of that gave him a reason to kill his own children!!! :maddening: The only thing making him do that was his own evil scheming conniving nature which could be a family trait, considering his father. Don't blame us for that!

It's like that old defense from the Tower shooter in Texas: I hate Mondays. :( Not a good excuse.

Yup. I believe Alina and her father and possibly the brother understand perfectly well why the coward did what he did. They understand it and sympathize with him. They do not think like normal people. They are twisted. They make me sick.

But he didn't put that AX in Josh's hand. He didn't force him to blow up his house with gasoline and kill those innocent kids. :furious:

I hate it when cowardly adults won't take responsibility for their own actions. First it's Steve Powell had "control" of Josh and made him kill Susan. Now it's Facebook had "control" over Josh and made him kill the children.

He was a sad sorry weak-sauce excuse for a human being and that made him do bad things?

Nope - not a good excuse in my book. :cow:

Actually, I can see how online hate and harassment can be a contributing factor to someone's actions in cases like this. I have always felt that many of the nasty things said online about people involved (including POIs and suspects) hurt more than they help. They can have an impact on someone's behavior, even though it's in an indirect way. I don't think that hateful statements made on the internet can be blamed for what someone does, or used as an excuse, but I do see how they can be part of the whole picture of what happens. After all, face-to-face comments affect what people do; why not comments made on the internet?

In this specific case, though, I think the end result would have been the same even if there was no such thing as the internet. And I think that the family's comments are quick reactions being made in the immediate aftermath and might not be the same thing they'd say down the road.

"None of us could have anticipated the devastating tragedy that took place Sunday, but what this unimaginable loss shows is that hate will never end well," Alina Powell said.

Well, she's got that right. Hate for Susan and Hate for those children did not end well.

We in the public had only love for them. Apparently, Josh hated them.

Forgive us all if we weren't able to love Josh and Steve. Their actions and statements have not made them all that lovable. Each of us has to decide if disappearing people or videotaping *advertiser censored* are admirable acts that are worthy of love. Forgive the public if they can only judge others by their actions, and are worried enough to call child services for children who ended up dying anyway at the hand of someone who should have loved them.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NysesPieces
Back