Pre- Trial Hearing - Thurs., 12/11/08 at 9:00 AM

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
If Baez wants to play around with mental illnesses which do not rise to an insanity level, what he should do is governed by the rules of Criminal procedure.
I usually put the rules, with quotes, as you know.

On this one, I think we should make JB hit the books though. :wink:

WHile the filing of certain things to trigger the use of the mental illness, would not be confidential, the medical reports involved could be impounded by the Courts.
Of course, if he starts with this stuff, shouldn't the State be given an independent opportunity to have their experts examine Casey as well.:bananapowerslide:
:eek:

That is another issue which :sleuth::read:
:whip:JB
will have to look up so as to make the best decision in considering the entire picture and all the ramifications possible to his client.:D:blowkiss:

My bold.

And then we'll be looking at a December 2009 trial. :eek:

Thats what i read between the lines too. He needs a continuance to get the book deal done to get the advance to pay for the tips that will confirm the basis of the pending book!!

HELP! IM STUCK ON CONTINUAL LOOP!!

Sounds reasonable, to me...reasonable in a slimy, Anthony-Baez kind of way...you might be on it something, imo.

<<Even if they find Caylee's remains I don't think this case will ever be a DP case>>

I think you're right on. KC is too young and has no prior record that we know of, other than being a petty thief. Even though the alleged crime is especially heinous, I think people would be hesitant to give her the DP. I don't think it was too much of stretch for LE to decide not to pursue the DP.

<<Even if they find Caylee's remains I don't think this case will ever be a DP case>>

I think you're right on. KC is too young and has no prior record that we know of, other than being a petty thief. Even though the alleged crime is especially heinous, I think people would be hesitant to give her the DP. I don't think it was too much of stretch for LE to decide not to pursue the DP.

All of you are right about this. To try DP even with remains, (unless, well, the remains are very intact, and I don't really want to tell you what I mean by that), there probably just isn't enough to confirm COD. It would be futile. LWOP is there though.

Thanks for the video clips of the hearing.

Just amazing that at the same JB signed away the right to a speedy trial, new evidence is found! Now the state has much more time to completely develope the evidence and have more certainty of a conviction. Just amazing!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Missing-CC
Back