Pre- Trial Hearing - Thurs., 12/11/08 at 9:00 AM

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
well hope everyones ready to stay with this case for another 6 months at least- will we make it? Our brains will be totally warped by the end

That's somewhat ok with me... I can save up some extra vaca time just to take off to watch it :gavel:

The longer he puts trial off...the better the chances are of finding Caylee's remains and bumping it back up to a DP case. (Plus the longer Casey gets to mistakenly believe he is doing this all for her benefit. Hahahaha~)

LOL- JB better stay off the tv and get busy.

If JB wants to use mantal illness as a contributing factor- it would have to come out sometime.

I do not know if the reports would be kept confidential from the public. Both sides would have experts to testify as to a diagnosis or lack thereof.

Any lawyer types with more info?

Well, I think there will be an eval for "mitigating circumstances", since the perp claims abuse by family members. However, not mitigating enough to commit homicide (of your own baby). Guess we have to wait until trial.

The longer he puts trial off...the better the chances are of finding Caylee's remains and bumping it back up to a DP case. (Plus the longer Casey gets to mistakenly believe he is doing this all for her benefit. Hahahaha~)

Yep, that is the GOOD part! Hopefully Caylee will be found!

Yes. Now why is he dragging his heels in this? Why go on Good Morning America and say that your client wants her day in court and that they're ready for January 5th, when in front of the judge, your tune is different?

What is up with JB????

He is a defense attorney.

See he went on GMA or the Today show to say to the uninformed public-My client is not guilty, we have no problem moving forward.

The real story is of course quite different.

O/T did you guys catch 20/20 WE TV story about David Meirhofer and the Susie Jaeger case? The whole story was fascinating, but one of the most extraordinary aspects was when the FBI and local LE found remains in David's freezer of one of his victims. They called the defense attorney to David's home, showed him the search warrant and then while he was distracted gave him the victim's hand. The man swayed for 30 seconds, went outside and vomited, then demanded to go to the jail where David was being held. At 230AM, his defense attorney insisted he confess. And he did. Unfortunately, after he confessed to his murders, he hung himself in the general holding cell.

Now that is a defense attorney with a soul.

http://www.wetv.com/20-20/episodes/vanished-2

Well, Merry Flippin' Christmas, JB! Sounds like you whined your way into March or later while your little helper sits in her cell a little longer...which sounds like will turn into a LOT longer now. (Amazing how you can say those things on tv with a straight face!)

How about you and your little elves get busy paying for the information you asked for already and do your job?! I hear Santa wants his extra 50 lbs. back, too.
:clap: BARVO :clap:

I do like that. He's just like her. He only cares about himself.

He is a defense attorney.

See he went on GMA or the Today show to say to the uninformed public-My client is not guilty, we have no problem moving forward.

The real story is of course quite different.

O/T did you guys catch 20/20 WE TV story about David Meirhofer and the Susie Jaeger case? The whole story was fascinating, but one of the most extraordinary aspects was when the FBI and local LE found remains in David's freezer of one of his victims. They called the defense attorney to David's home, showed him the search warrant and then while he was distracted gave him the victim's hand. The man swayed for 30 seconds, went outside and vomited, then demanded to go to the jail where David was being held. At 230AM, his defense attorney insisted he confess. And he did. Unfortunately, after he confessed to his murders, he hung himself in the general holding cell.

Now that is a defense attorney with a soul.

http://www.wetv.com/20-20/episodes/vanished-2

Yes I watched it yesterday night. It was extremely disturbing. I was most impressed by Susie Jaeger, she seems to be an extraordinary woman.

Even if they find Caylee's remains I don't think this case will ever be a DP case. As a lot of people had said it is just too hard to get a jury to sentence a young mother to death...even if it was her own child she murdered. The only reason for the DP would've been to use it as a negotiating tactic (which I'm still wondering why it wasn't), but once the remains are found negotiation is no longer necessary.

Also there is a good chance that the remains will not be able to yield a COD which would also make the DP harder to get.

LWOP, or whatever KC gets is fine with me if Caylee is found, that's really all that's important to me.

Thanks again Patti ~~~ You are such a DOLL !!!
We are happy that you help in this
quest for TRUTH & JUSTICE for
Little ANGEL CAYLEE ! ! !
God Bless !
M E R R Y * * * CHRIST MAS ! ! !
jjgram

Even if they find Caylee's remains I don't think this case will ever be a DP case. As a lot of people had said it is just too hard to get a jury to sentence a young mother to death...even if it was her own child she murdered. The only reason for the DP would've been to use it as a negotiating tactic (which I'm still wondering why it wasn't), but once the remains are found negotiation is no longer necessary.

Also there is a good chance that the remains will not be able to yield a COD which would also make the DP harder to get.

LWOP, or whatever KC gets is fine with me if Caylee is found, that's really all that's important to me.

If this would have happened in TX she would have a lot better chance facing the DP! What is it that Ron White says? Texas has the DP and WE USE IT! hahaha

Course that doesn't say much for all the other crazies that murder their kids and get off because they are deemed "insane". This girl is not insane - she is sick and twisted!

LOL- JB better stay off the tv and get busy.

If JB wants to use mantal illness as a contributing factor- it would have to come out sometime.

I do not know if the reports would be kept confidential from the public. Both sides would have experts to testify as to a diagnosis or lack thereof.

Any lawyer types with more info?

If Baez wants to play around with mental illnesses which do not rise to an insanity level, what he should do is governed by the rules of Criminal procedure.
I usually put the rules, with quotes, as you know.

On this one, I think we should make JB hit the books though. :wink:

WHile the filing of certain things to trigger the use of the mental illness, would not be confidential, the medical reports involved could be impounded by the Courts.
Of course, if he starts with this stuff, shouldn't the State be given an independent opportunity to have their experts examine Casey as well.:bananapowerslide:
:eek:

That is another issue which :sleuth::read:
:whip:JB
will have to look up so as to make the best decision in considering the entire picture and all the ramifications possible to his client.:D:blowkiss:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Placeholder25
Back