Pre- Trial Hearing - Thurs., 12/11/08 at 9:00 AM

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Lee was present in the courtroom; parents were not. :rolleyes:

There you go, a LEE sighting! Tru Tv just said he was in the court room even though KC's parents were not.

You want discovery just wait.

They'll be giving you the mother of all discovery.

You wont be ready til fall when that happens!!

frustration with the discovery process??? Isn't he the one not picking up prepared docs and not sending his experts to review evidence???

Yes. Now why is he dragging his heels in this? Why go on Good Morning America and say that your client wants her day in court and that they're ready for January 5th, when in front of the judge, your tune is different?

What is up with JB????

Well! That was short. Could JB have complained any more about LE? Were Yuri or John A present for this?

I thought the judge mentioned a change of venue was coming up? :confused:

Of course Jose will file a change of venue motion. He is just waiting for the last minute, just like with this hearing.

Jose is feeling the pressure, man. He is stumbling over some pretty simple sentences.

Um, the continuance is no surprise. But, just so you know, the actual murder trial will probably not happen for some time. Most murder trials don't move forward until about a year after indictment. More than discovery involved.

Case STatus meeting on January 15th, Baez wants the judge to rule on a written motion regarding the tips and OCSO-HMMM-I smell please waive the fee for the creation of the CD/DVD's, don't you all? "We want to get them as quickly as possible..." Really?

Thats what i read between the lines too. He needs a continuance to get the book deal done to get the advance to pay for the tips that will confirm the basis of the pending book!!

HELP! IM STUCK ON CONTINUAL LOOP!!

THANK GOD LEE WAS THERE lol!!

NOW I FEEL COMFY SHE HAD ADEQUATE REPRESENTATION HAHAHHA

I smell a loooooong drawn out trial process......March? I doubt that too....

Um, the continuance is no surprise. But, just so you know, the actual murder trial will probably not happen for some time. Most murder trials don't move forward until about a year after indictment. More than discovery involved.

Unfortunately I agree with both of the above statements. As we near the March date we'll have motions for a change, and there will other documents and things that the defense will need. We may see this case tried sometime in the Summer or even later. Of course, no matter what, KC sits in jail for that whole time.

no mention of change of venue....hearing is over

Naples was mentioned as possibility. Thats great..very rich conservative area of Fl...Lots of retired wealthy prospective jurors who will flog her outside the courthouse.

The wealthier the jury pool the better for the prosecution.

well hope everyones ready to stay with this case for another 6 months at least- will we make it? Our brains will be totally warped by the end

The prosecutor said the State was still ready to proceed with the other case (the checks) if the judge was interested in setting a date for that. The judge said that he was going to roll that with the murder case for now, because of the potential change of venue issue coming up. They will readdress that at the case conference on Jan 15. There was no further discussion as to what that meant.

As to the pre-trial stuff mentioned at the end, the judge was speaking of everyone else who was going to appear in the court, unrelated to this case.

well hope everyones ready to stay with this case for another 6 months at least- will we make it? Our brains will be totally warped by the end

As long as there is more discovery released along the way, I think we'll be fine.

"judge, were considering a continuance to March"

"..have you discussed this with your client" pretty sad he has to ask that!

I think the Judge asked this as a routine question since KC was not there (in reference to her right to a speedy trial, etc.). If KC was there, he probably would have asked her directly. I don't think he asked it bc he thinks Baez may not know to do that.

Did he just say something about a Change of Venue???

I heard that as well, though in passing. My suspicion is that's what the 'sidebar' was about, and that he is planning on filing a motion for a change of venue. That (publically) came up when he was talking about filing a written motion around the disclosure, and the judge seemed to add it in there. MOO.

Yes. Now why is he dragging his heels in this? Why go on Good Morning America and say that your client wants her day in court and that they're ready for January 5th, when in front of the judge, your tune is different?

What is up with JB????

Umm..this is a reach..BUT maybe, JUST MAYBE.. he doesn't have a fricken clue!!

Baez tried to make this sound as if he and the Judge were in this together, trying to deal with unreasonable people. :) I wonder if Judge S is relieved to hand all this over to another court. He won't have to handle the circus.

We didn't really expect a Jan trial/ It just gives the A's and JB more time for media appeareances. Grr!

Didn't see LA. How does he look? Stressed out? Losing weight? or well rested from his vacation from the spotlight?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Roxie1892
Back