Pre-Trial Hearings & Discussion

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I wonder if we'll be seeing the relaxed and smiling Melissa or the tearful and sobbing one. What face will she put on today?

I wonder if we'll be seeing the relaxed and smiling Melissa or the tearful and sobbing one. What face will she put on today?

I know you weren't looking for an answer Joe :wink: But I'll place a bet that she wears whichever face she thinks will garner the most sympathy for her?

Please type up bullets of info from the commentary of live coverage, many of us cannot access during the day for a lot of reasons.

I'm not seeing any reference to MH on the live feeds. Anyone have any info on who will be covering this hearing today? We are getting pretty close to time, here!

Salem

I'm not seeing any reference to MH on the live feeds. Anyone have any info on who will be covering this hearing today? We are getting pretty close to time, here!

Salem

I'm not finding any live coverage anywhere. The local sites are not showing it, either. We'll have to wait for the reports on HLN or CNN.

~*

I can't believe no one is going to cover it live. She has also been charged with poisoning a 7-year old girl, an adult male and Sandra.

!!!!!!

Salem

http://abclocal.go.com/kgo/story?section=news/local/east_bay&id=6778072

never early to get a thread going for this arraignment...

Salem

Hi, I even went to In Session as last time they had it on there with a live blog. They don't even have a thread for Sandra there right now. Someone must have been naughty or they'd never pull it! lol

NOTICE TO THE PUBLIC AND MEDIA:

The further arraignment in the case People of the State of California v. Melissa Huckaby (case number SF111539A) has been scheduled for Friday, May 22, 2009 at 1:00 pm in Department 35 of the main Stockton Courthouse located at 222 E. Weber Avenue, Stockton, CA 95202.

All media requests for photography, video recording and sound recording in the courtroom have been denied for this hearing. Please see the order made on April 22, 2009 by the Hon. Linda L. Lofthus, which shall continue for all future hearings until modified.

The further arraignment in the case People of the State of California v. Melissa Huckaby (case number SF111539A) has been scheduled for Friday, May 22, 2009 at 1:00 pm in Department 35 of the main Stockton Courthouse located at 222 E. Weber Avenue, Stockton, CA 95202.

All media requests for photography, video recording and sound recording in the courtroom have been denied for this hearing. Please see the order made on April 22, 2009 by the Hon. Linda L. Lofthus, which shall continue for all future hearings until modified.

http://www.stocktoncourt.org/courts/media_notice.htm

no live feed = super bullcarp...:furious:

I tried CNN, MS-NBC, HLN, Fox, all the local stations (KCRA, News10 and the CBS affiliate), In Session. The only thing I missed is the BBC!

Not a thing. Anywhere.

I'm local to the area so I'm doubly surprised. Somewhere, it's been decided that media coverage will be minimal and that's exactly the way it's going. We may not be able to see much about this anymore. That gag order is really far-reaching.

~*

I tried CNN, MS-NBC, HLN, Fox, all the local stations (KCRA, News10 and the CBS affiliate), In Session. The only thing I missed is the BBC!

Not a thing. Anywhere.

I'm local to the area so I'm doubly surprised. Somewhere, it's been decided that media coverage will be minimal and that's exactly the way it's going. We may not be able to see much about this anymore. That gag order is really far-reaching.

~*

i'm in sac too... :)

too bad there's no live feed, but i definitely understand. if that was my baby, i would have wanted to media to go away as soon as i knew they could no longer be beneficial to me by putting her face out there.

Huckaby attorney gets more time to go over evidence

"Melissa Huckaby will be back in court June 12 and entered no plea at an arraignment today so her public defender can have more time to go over evidence against her."

"Public defender Sam Behar told Judge Linda L. Loftus that he needs more time review 1,000 pages of discovery prosecutors recently gave him.

He said he also wanted to go over evidence having to do with records from a home computer and a silver Cadillac."

Who owns a silver Cadillac?

Per HLN...arraignment delayed due to new charges related to the 7 y/o who was drugged and drugging a man named Daniel.

No way!!!! Another postponement--

From KTVU news:

STOCKTON, Calif. -- The court appearance of a Sunday school teacher who is accused of kidnapping, raping and murdering an eight-year-old Tracy girl has been postponed so her defense can review 1,000 pages of discovery evidence, officials announced Friday afternoon

see: http://www.ktvu.com/news/19533900/detail.html

This is a death penalty case, right, or has the potential to be?

There will be many delays. It will be years before this goes to trial. The defense knows all it can do for her is delay the trial, therefore keeping her alive longer, if it comes to that.

The prosecution and judge will give the defense all the time it asks for when the death penalty is on the table. That's to head off appeal issues if she's convicted and sentenced to death.

At least, that's how it usually goes.

Wow, this child killer is a real freak job.

I'm so glad they're charging her at long last with what she did to the other child, too.

And now a man is on the victims list? Adding in the strange fires that happened in the home where she was living once...she is shaping up to be a true, blue psychopath.

From the article you posted, Mouser:

http://www.ktvu.com/news/19533900/detail.html

In the new complaint, 28-year-old Tracy resident Melissa Huckaby was charged with a single count of child endangerment and two felony counts of furnishing a harmful substance.

According to the Stockton Record, both counts of the alleged poisoning state that Huckaby "did willfully and unlawfully mingle a harmful substance with food or drink with the intent that [it] be taken by a human being."

The complaint charged Huckaby with poisoning the 7-year-old girl, identified only as Jane M. Doe, on Jan. 17.

The second charge alleged that Huckaby drugged a man identified as Daniel Plowman on March 2. Plowman's relationship with Huckaby was unclear.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lizakind
Back