Preliminary Report Human Remains are not Hailey

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I wanted so badly for this to be Hailey. Is it too much to hope for her to be found and properly laid to rest? I have thought daily about this child and feel so helpless to make a difference. God bless and carry the families and loved ones of the missing, this is a pain no one should have to suffer. I respect those of you who put your heart and soul into this on a daily basis.
Is there any word on the reaction of SA or BD? Have they returned to Austin?
How long will it take to identify this male?
This is quite a shock, very odd. So close to SA mothers home. The chances do seem like one in a million-any mathematicians out there?
I don't like this at all.
JMO

I agree with alllllll of the above. I feel devastation and injustice, again, as if she went missing again. So terribly sad, I wonder where she is.

I just feel like in this day and age, there has to be a better way to locate the missing.

I agree that LE may have taken the situation and played it out to see how SA/BD would react and if they would go to the real crime scene. IMHO

Here's an "out there" conspiracy theory...
The remains appeared likely to be Hailey and items found nearby reinforced that impression. SA and BD rushed to CC. After a preliminary identification showed a 6-24 month window since the body was left, which did not rule out Hailey, they looked into other "missing" people around the same size.

Now, let's suppose they STILL think it could be Hailey. Maybe they even KNOW it is not male? As you have shown upthread, the most recent missing boy was MUCH longer than 2 years ago, so LE and media FALSELY released the news that the preliminary identification showed it to be male. There was no risk of raising the hopes of the family of a missing boy, as none fell into the correct time frame.

A preliminary ID is just that, preliminary, and subject to change. They could still turn around and say it is female, and Hailey, but are more interested in seeing what Shawn and Billie do NOW!

B: It isn't her.
S: The hell it ain't
B: They say it is male
S: But that is right where I put her, I swear
B: So she is still out there?
S: I guess so

(at which point they decide it is just a weird coincidence, but may decide to check that she is still covered so she won't be found the way this kid was).

Or maybe they need to start looking in Scurry County again.

I hope those early landfill searches were thorough. There's no way to find her there now, and she'd just have disappeared forever. At least it was encouraging to think the family would be able to bury her properly.

OK, so I don't think LE is really playing an elaborate mind game on BD and SA, but who else COULD it be?

Here's an "out there" conspiracy theory...
The remains appeared likely to be Hailey and items found nearby reinforced that impression. SA and BD rushed to CC. After a preliminary identification showed a 6-24 month window since the body was left, which did not rule out Hailey, they looked into other "missing" people around the same size.

Now, let's suppose they STILL think it could be Hailey. Maybe they even KNOW it is not male? As you have shown upthread, the most recent missing boy was MUCH longer than 2 years ago, so LE and media FALSELY released the news that the preliminary identification showed it to be male. There was no risk of raising the hopes of the family of a missing boy, as none fell into the correct time frame.

A preliminary ID is just that, preliminary, and subject to change. They could still turn around and say it is female, and Hailey, but are more interested in seeing what Shawn and Billie do NOW!

B: It isn't her.
S: The hell it ain't
B: They say it is male
S: But that is right where I put her, I swear
B: So she is still out there?
S: I guess so

(at which point they decide it is just a weird coincidence, but may decide to check that she is still covered so she won't be found the way this kid was).

Or maybe they need to start looking in Scurry County again.

I hope those early landfill searches were thorough. There's no way to find her there now, and she'd just have disappeared forever. At least it was encouraging to think the family would be able to bury her properly.

OK, so I don't think LE is really playing an elaborate mind game on BD and SA, but who else COULD it be?

That's what I was hoping that the LE are bugging their cells and waiting to hear them argue about this.

Is anybody else that age missing from Texas or nearby areas? Just so, bizarre.

I know what Nancy Grace would say - they should have been able to tell with a preliminary glance at the pelvis whether this was a boy or girl.

As it is . . . :banghead:

:thud:

I think with a young child they might not be able to tell as quickly.

I am dumbfounded. The descriptions doled out in teaser clues by the media pointed to Hailey. I was convinced by the long hair and the proximity to SA's mother's house. Now I want to crawl into a hole and hibernate.

I hope the identity of this person is found so his family can have closure. RIP

I too hope that this new information is false. I am holding out hope, I need this to end. Maybe I am just in denial.

One possibility found on http://www.txdps.state.tx.us/mpch/ search

Name: William Powers III
AKA: -
Case Number: M1008007
Race:White Sex: Male
DOB:1/5/1961 Age Missing: 22
Height: 6 ft. 00 in. Weight: 170 lb.
Hair Color: Brown Eye Color: Brown
Area Last Seen: Midland (Midland)
Miscellaneous Notes: Mr. Powers occasionally wore prescription glasses. He had a small scar on his right temple and a round scar on his left hand between the thumb and forefinger. He was working in the oil field at the time he went missing and was known to drive a 1965 Ford station-wagon.

Early reports said the hands were of a child at least 5. Hard to imagine a 6' tall, 170#, 22y.o man with such tiny hands. And the body had been there for 6 months to 2 years, and Powers has been missing for 29 years.

Is it not strange that a body is found in a area where Hailey was missing? Was this intentional? really weird and what little boy is missing from that area? Or could it be someone from far away and he was put there for a reason? really weird I dont get it. How terrible. I pray for all those parents looking for their missing child I cannot imagine the terror and frustration at not knowing...

How do we know this body is that of a child? Are we still going on the "small hands" or "child's hands" words? At this point, I don't believe anything that does not come from a medical examiner involved in this specific case.

Wow.... another dose of crow tonight with another bottle of wine. I was so sure this was going to be Hailey! Now, I want to know who this child is.... hope there is a thread for that on the Unidentified forum soon.

If it hasn't been posted...Shawn has released a statement through his attorney:

Shawn wishes to extend prayers for this yet-identified individual and hopes that some family will find closure and peace.

While Shawn has maintained his innocence, he has been vilified and convicted in the court of public opinion. Today's news, though saddening, should be a vivid reminder that trials should occur in the courtroom and that our laws and system of justice require an awareness and respect for the presumption of innocence.

Shawn will continue to cooperate with law enforcement should the need arise in the future.

http://everythinglubbock.com/fulltext?nxd_id=102302

Adipocere (grave wax) could have been making it hard
to tell. IMO that had to be removed by the ME...

I do not believe this to be the case. I believe the remains were disarticulated in important areas making the guess work at the scene impossible. I dont believe the body could be measured for height or the pelvis examined on the scene, which could mean the body was taken still the way it was found in the bag without being looked over. Then the scene was picked apart piece by piece to shift for evidence in layers and that takes time.

The FBI was on scene and they were helping with evidence collection , and I think this is way the delay in the news and why it took longer than when local LE collects a body. They just do it different. IMOO

Can you imagine how the family of the UID feels, (I still think they could be wrong about the male thing, seen it before on doenetwork, JMO) about all of this national news and not mentioning the other missing people that it "could" be...JMO.

My opinion on Shawn's statement is...I'm not ready to convict him but at the same time he's lied so often and has seemed so disingenuous in his interviews that I have a very hard time believing he's really sincere about anything.

Wow.... another dose of crow tonight with another bottle of wine. I was so sure this was going to be Hailey! Now, I want to know who this child is.... hope there is a thread for that on the Unidentified forum soon.

Did LE say this was a child?

After the ZG hearing, I came over to check if the confirmation was finally announced and what a shocker I found! I couldn't believe it. I was sure it would be Hailey.

Are there any missing children/teenagers from NM or OK?

Knowing of the attention and interest in this case, if I was the ME, I would have double, and triple checked after the first call of male. ASAMOF, if there is an announcement of an error.......I'll hit the margaritas early...and heavy for the w/e.

I really wish that would happen, too! If someone killed this boy they might have killed again, or they might have killed before - and indeed, they might have killed Hailey. Especially when people, ahem, have an obsession with murder and serial killers!!!

Above BBM - I was thinking the same exact thing. I have followed along since day 1 but haven't commented on this discovery until now. I didn't think it was Hailey. I went back and forth but kept thinking "no way, no way, no way would SA (if he brought harm to Hailey) put her that close to his mom's house." But then again, I am baffled by this whole thing so maybe I am wayyy off.

Please LE search this area really close.
Is this some dumping ground?
There seems to be so many serial killers anymore.
Please LOOK!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member