Prescriptions on the Property

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Does anyone have the capability to blow up a pic from the latest doc dump? There is a picture of their prescriptions on the counter. I would love to know what they are. Cannot locate pic right now. Anyone have it?

They are actually written out in the doc dump. I can see if I can find it but it might be awhile.

Not that it applies in this case, but we have plenty of doctors here in Cali that prescribe freely and cater to abuse.
I am currently turning in a doctor for exactly that. Basically you go in and say I have anxiety and a back ache and she prescribes oxycontin, soma,norco, and xanax. By the boatload. She has an open prescription pad for anyone that walks in the door and I mean that literally. She is not the only doctor around these parts that does it either.
It is an epidemic here in SoCal.

Take enough of anything and it relieves pain. LOL :crazy:

ETA- JMO but- She has a doctor prescribing the Lexapro.. the Klonopin and Lexapro should be prescribed by the same doc... psych matters are one complaint.

It appears to me that Cindy quit taking the Klonopin. Many people can not tolerate it. She could have been unhappy with the doctor that prescribed it and went to another doctor who prescribed the Lexapro.

Cindy should not have had a problem with anyone prescribing xanax or ativan. She is a walking advertisement on why it should be needed. Now, I am not saying she ever sought this stuff out or she likes meds and has addiction, quite the opposite. However. Her controlling ways leans more towards the "I can do this w/o meds"; but she would not be resistant to filling the med and having it on hand (just in case). There is also the possibility she wanted it on hand to give to Casey....to keep her calm.

Cindy is the typical patient for whom Drs routinely prescribe anti-depressants and ant-anxiety medication.

Cindy should not have had a problem with anyone prescribing xanax or ativan. She is a walking advertisement on why it should be needed. Now, I am not saying she ever sought this stuff out or she likes meds and has addiction, quite the opposite. However. Her controlling ways leans more towards the "I can do this w/o meds"; but she would not be resistant to filling the med and having it on hand (just in case). There is also the possibility she wanted it on hand to give to Casey....to keep her calm.

Cindy is the typical patient for whom Drs routinely prescribe anti-depressants and ant-anxiety medication.

Meds like Lexapro & other s for depression can not be taken on an as needed basis. In order to be effective they must be taken daily. Normally they start out with a low dose and increase over the course of several wks, it is the same when you stop them. You can not stop them all at once, normally you tricate down. Sleeping meds can be taken prn.
I can understand Cindy needed medication for depression. She was the only one supporting her family, a mother to Caylee, a dreadful thieving daughter, sick dad & mom..........sheesh, who wouldnt need them. I dont think she was/is abusing them & I dont think she obtained any for anything but legit reason. You all know I have not been a big Cindy fan so don't kick my butt, okay.:blowkiss::blowkiss:

If I remember right, the Lexapro was before Caylee went missing but the Klonopin was after & that would explain 2 different docs. She could have gotten Lexapro from her family doc & maybe saw a mental health professional after Caylee went missing OR she could have simply seen a different doc within her doctors practice.
I'm with you, Soma does take care of my back ache but does not make me sleepy or loopy. It knocks my daughter on her butt though.

The Klonopin was first, in August, then Lexapro.
http://www.wftv.com/_blank/18740668/detail.html
pages 3511 - 3512

Not that it applies in this case, but we have plenty of doctors here in Cali that prescribe freely and cater to abuse.
I am currently turning in a doctor for exactly that. Basically you go in and say I have anxiety and a back ache and she prescribes oxycontin, soma,norco, and xanax. By the boatload. She has an open prescription pad for anyone that walks in the door and I mean that literally. She is not the only doctor around these parts that does it either.

It is everywhere!!!!!

It appears to me that Cindy quit taking the Klonopin. Many people can not tolerate it. She could have been unhappy with the doctor that prescribed it and went to another doctor who prescribed the Lexapro.

I knew when she stopped... I said it in the threads back then (I'm sure the posts are still there)- the change in her was dramatic, IMO.

I noticed that Cindy was taking Lexapro and Clonazepam (Klonopin)
but she saw different doctors for each one. I wonder why?
Also, about the Soma (Carisoprodol), medicines affect everyone very differently. I have taken Soma and it never even gave me any relief, I would compare it's effect on me as to taking an aspirin.
As for the Klonopin, that is the strongest of the benzos.
I am surprised these meds were even made public, isn't that against the HIPAA laws?

ETA: Just to clarify, I have what is called an extremely high tolerance, even the Anesthesiologists are amazed
that they have such a difficult time putting me out for surgeries. I realize this is not the norm.

(Re: Bold)

HIPAA privacy laws regulate certain health care providers (those that perform administration or financial tasks electronically), clearinghouses, and health plans, specifically, so I they wouldn't apply here. It's still a pretty gross violation of privacy, though, perpetrated by agencies outside of HIPAA's application. :)

I noticed that Cindy was taking Lexapro and Clonazepam (Klonopin)
but she saw different doctors for each one. I wonder why?
Also, about the Soma (Carisoprodol), medicines affect everyone very differently. I have taken Soma and it never even gave me any relief, I would compare it's effect on me as to taking an aspirin.
As for the Klonopin, that is the strongest of the benzos.
I am surprised these meds were even made public, isn't that against the HIPAA laws?

ETA: Just to clarify, I have what is called an extremely high tolerance, even the Anesthesiologists are amazed
that they have such a difficult time putting me out for surgeries. I realize this is not the norm.

LOL! I take Klonopin and I'm supposed to be also taking the equivalent of Lexapro (Celexa) and they do affect everyone differently. I use them because I have terrible anxiety, but for some, they use it for a sleep aid, etc...It all depends. As far as I know, I though Xanax was the strongest benzo...It is just faster acting and leaves the system quicker, where as Klonopin stays in your system longer. You get more immiediate relief from Xanax.

LOL! I take Klonopin and I'm supposed to be also taking the equivalent of Lexapro (Celexa) and they do affect everyone differently. I use them because I have terrible anxiety, but for some, they use it for a sleep aid, etc...It all depends. As far as I know, I though Xanax was the strongest benzo...It is just faster acting and leaves the system quicker, where as Klonopin stays in your system longer. You get more immiediate relief from Xanax.

Youre right- Xanax is much quicker acting but doesn't last as long. It's been my experience that many Pdoc's start people on Xanax and then switch over to Klonopin.

Bolding mine -
I too am surprised that this was made public. HIPAA laws are no joke. I wouldn't be surprised to see some legal action from Cindy on this one.

Is anyone else bothered that this was made public? Although I have to admit that I love being able to see all the evidence without the filter of the court's evidence rules, I am still baffled that I can. Some of this should never be made public.(at least not before the trial) It just seems unfair to all involved.

I agree, this information should not have been released. So many drugs have more than one use, such as the clonidine. Just look at the speculation on the RX for Caylee, common use for pink eye, a common condition in children but also used to treat some vd, causing people to speculate on Caylee having vd. While most of the document dumps make us speculate on all kinds of things anything medical should be left out, not made public, unless it has to be brought up in court.

In the hospital setting we can be fined big big big bucks if ANYTHING with ANYTHING about the patient is in view. It used to be common to leave charts at the sub stations, not anymore. Heck, remember when they used to be at the foot of the bed? I really believe Hippa should have applied here. It is no one's business what meds any of the family is on unless they are proved to be part of the case.

Doctor shopping is very common!! But the key is using different pharmacies ... usually small pharmacies, that do not network with others to reveal duplicate or contradicting prescriptions!

Using different pharmacies rarely works anymore either. When you get a script filled, let's say for 30 Lexapro, your insurance instantly approves the RX as some insurance drug policies make you try a lesser expensive med that does that same thing or your doc might write you a 90 day supply for something but your insurance will only allow you 30 at a time, as in Ambien.
SO if go to pharmacy A to get 30 days of Lexapro, your insurance has approved the payment amt, you do the co pay. Next day, next wk, you go to Doc B to score more Lexapro since he doesnt know Dr A wrote you an Rx. Happy to score another 30 day script for Lexapro, you go to a different pharmacy, but guess what, they are putting your insurance thru & your insurance will tell them they will not pay for it as you just had 30 filled last wk at Pharmacy A. I can promise you within 5 minutes every single place that fills scripts has been notified you are trying to fill a questionable script & they are not to fill it without contacting the Dr.

(Re: Bold)

HIPAA privacy laws regulate certain health care providers (those that perform administration or financial tasks electronically), clearinghouses, and health plans, specifically, so I they wouldn't apply here. It's still a pretty gross violation of privacy, though, perpetrated by agencies outside of HIPAA's application. :)

I totally agree. Law Enforcement is not bound by HIPPA laws. Neither are fire departments as long as they are not rendering medical care (obviously a FD that runs medical calls would be).

Remember the interview where everyone remarked that Cindy looked like she was either going to nod off or slide sideways out of her chair? Klonopin would be my bet on that day.

This thread is so interesting. With no professional medical background and, thank God, very limited prescription drug experience I really appreciate my fellow sleuther's expertise. That said, the detail of private information provided by the Florida Sunshine Law astounds me. This evening, I thought, "I hope that no one in my family ever commits a crime in Florida". Then I sat back and thought - Man, isn't that the reaction a crime deterrent is supposed to produce ?

It is an epidemic everywhere. There have been 17 doctors prosecuted in the last year here, but new ones crop up everyday. With Nurse Practitioners and Physician Assistants the work for the DEA has tripled.

Remember something- some of the prescriptions that G&C currently have may not have been in the house in June before all of this happened.

I'm sure the stress and anxiety of the last 7 1/2 months has taken a toll on them- and has resulted in some scripts for anxiety, sleep, possibly depression.

The relevant prescriptions will be those that were there in May/June or prior. So a search in December may be fruitless. Hopefully there are subpeonas out there for records of prescribed meds in the six months preceding Caylee's disappearance.

Cindy may have also had hers in her purse or car. Most women carry their prescriptions in their purse. They did not search that.

It is an epidemic everywhere. There have been 17 doctors prosecuted in the last year here, but new ones crop up everyday. With Nurse Practitioners and Physician Assistants the work for the DEA has tripled.

You bring up an interesting point about nurse practitioners and PA's. We have a local medical group which is comprised of one or two MD's and several PA's and NP's. If you have an ailment, you are seen by whichever practitioner is available. Perhaps Cindy is a patient of a group such as this one and that is the reason for her RX's being prescribed by different doctors.

Using different pharmacies rarely works anymore either. When you get a script filled, let's say for 30 Lexapro, your insurance instantly approves the RX as some insurance drug policies make you try a lesser expensive med that does that same thing or your doc might write you a 90 day supply for something but your insurance will only allow you 30 at a time, as in Ambien.
SO if go to pharmacy A to get 30 days of Lexapro, your insurance has approved the payment amt, you do the co pay. Next day, next wk, you go to Doc B to score more Lexapro since he doesnt know Dr A wrote you an Rx. Happy to score another 30 day script for Lexapro, you go to a different pharmacy, but guess what, they are putting your insurance thru & your insurance will tell them they will not pay for it as you just had 30 filled last wk at Pharmacy A. I can promise you within 5 minutes every single place that fills scripts has been notified you are trying to fill a questionable script & they are not to fill it without contacting the Dr.

Heres an example of how it usually goes- Mr. X is prescribed 6mg Klonopin daily but only take 2 mg daily because it doesn't really do that much for him. His friend (let's call him "B") gets Oxycontin but loves him some Klonopin once in awhile so when they get their scripts filled they trade 10 for 10..fair, right? Well, Mr. X has other "friends" that are willing to pay top dollar for Oxy's. With the amount he sells the Oxy's for he can now pay cash for another script of Klonopin... from a different doctor. Sometimes before the month is up, "B" is back offering more Oxy's for more Klonopin, the sale from those Oxy's enable you to pay cash for another Oxy script.. of course from yet another different doctor ..

No insurance needed. Pill-heads learn the in's and outs pretty quickly...

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sandrz717
Back