Press Conference on Student Questionnaire - 2PM Oregon Time Today, Friday, June 18

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
After looking at the flyer LE gave out to those at Kyrons school it seems obvious that as of today they are focusing on the stepmother. The only thing we know for sure is that Kyron and the SM were seen in the school at 8:15am at his science exhibit, after that we dont know what happened. The SM says she left Kyron at the school at 8:45am, if they were at the school for 30 minutes I would expect LE to find more witnesses of the two with these flyers.

If LE does believe the SM is involved I dont know what they are expecting with these flyers, nobody else to have seen Kyron and the SM in the school that morning, or someone who saw the two outside the school together after the 8:15am witness saw the two at his exhibit.

I don't think they are targeting the school witnesses at all. I think they are looking for someone in the general public to have seen the truck, the woman, and the boy (as shown on the flyer) sometime AFTER 8:45 a.m. that morning. Why else make the form available for download, fax, and e-mail? The school witnesses were all mailed a copy.

I don't see any reason why he did not answer if they took a lie detector tests.I did not find the reporters question funny at all when he laughed.I'm just getting kind of irritated by all this.I just pray they are still searching to find Kyron.I'm glad he said they are still looking for him.They need to find this little boy.I just pray someone,anyone finds him.

In re: "This will be the first Father's Day without Kyron........" statement, if I were attempting to make someone feel how much they're making someone suffer, knowing the guilt will eat at them the more they deny these parents, I'd point out the celebrations upcoming that the child is going to miss as a regret that it's going to happen, which in this instance, is indeed what the message SHOULD convey.

I believe they want the person to crack under heavy pressure from guilt for framing Terri and denying Kaine something they themselves have done. That someone drives a truck just. like. Terri's.

I just have to say that with all the speculation about SM... If I were her, I would be asking them to CLEAR ME or make some sort of statement about me. If she really didn't do it, why have the focus on her? To throw off another suspect? Fine, but it seems to me that you could pretend to not have leads if that were the case. LE has done a lot to show who they think committed this awful crime against poor Kyron.

Is the sighting of Kyron at 9:00a saying he was going to some electrical exhibit now off the table? TIA

Also, thank goodness someone isn't stating that he will be HOME for Father's Day. Casey Anthony drove me nuts with that crap.

The biggest thing to me today was the very firm statement that Terri was the last person to see Kyron.

Not we believe she was, or anything wishy-washy...she WAS. I have thought this for about 10 days, ever since LE began backing off questions about times, who, what, where.

I think anything the kids may have said about seeing were disproven or proved to be earlier than they thought.

But LE would not know what they may find until the truck was forensically tested. They wouldn't assume it contained no evidence.

IMO

Unless they know Terri had nothing to do with Kyron's disappearance.

They said that Terri was the last person seen with Kyron. They did not say Kyron was not seen after that. They did not retract what they stated earlier, that Kyron was seen by a child at 9am.

Let's say others have told LE they saw Kyron alone between 8:45 and 9am, okay?

Now let's say Terri, who allegedly claims to have left Kyron at 8:45, has a credit card transaction for buying a Slurpee at the 7-11 up the road, said 7-11 having video of same said transaction, and let's say that video and credit card transaction have a time stamp of, oh I don't know, let's say 9am. And let's say the 7-11 clerk has told LE that indeed he remembers Terri, who he knows, having purchased said Slurpee that morning, and remembers that he happened to look at the clock on the wall at that very same time because he had a break coming up at 9am.

We'd have Kyron seen inside the school, alone, by several people, at 9am, and Terri seen up the road at the 7-11 at the same time. Kyron could not be in 2 places at once.

Let's say Terri has more credit card transactions and pings that show she did not go back to the school.

Something like that would clear Terri.

Oh and let's say, just for fun, that some of those people who saw Kyron alone in the school at times when there is proof that Terri was long gone and somewhere else, were credible adults. Like parents, school volunteers, contract workers.

The school spokesperson said no one else from the school saw Kyron after two teachers did. He did not say that non-school staff, or anyone else, did not see Kyron after that.

The kicker for me is the truck being towed away, not by investigators. In doing that, LE and the DA lost any chance of being able to use that truck as evidence. Obviously that didn't bother them.

I think Terri may very well have a solid alibi, and I think LE may very well have cleared her.

Or they're giving them an opportunity to hang themselves by their lack of presence. ;)

Also, the mention of NOT having Kyron there on Sunday is BIG...a BIG red flag...imo!

BBM

Especially when this was said in a prepared statement. It isn't just like someone slipped up while they were speaking extemporaneously, this was a prepared statement that someone probably word-smithed and revised more than once.

Maybe TH did write it on behalf of the family and that is why this statement is in there and the lack of emotion is apparent. Perhaps she read it out loud to the others, and they were like ...."ok fine", just to be done with it.

Just speculating.

Maybe the flyer and pressure showing the flyer is an attempt to get people to try to remember the events of that day on the way and on Sauvie Island as well.

Gates said Terri was the last known person to see Kyron "alive". Very odd choice of words. When asked about the WW article Gates responded that 'he can't control' what newspapers print. Could have said it was a false report or a rumor as he did re the report of Kyron's body being found--but he didn't. Me thinks it's pretty clear where this is all going. How sad.

"Terri is the last known person to have seen Kyron alive before he disappeared," Gates said. www.foxnews.com

Why not use a pic of the actual truck instead of a look a like?

Unless they know Terri had nothing to do with Kyron's disappearance.

They said that Terri was the last person seen with Kyron. They did not say Kyron was not seen after that. They did not retract what they stated earlier, that Kyron was seen by a child at 9am.

That's not precise, Bean. This is exactly what he said today in the presser:

"Terri is the last known person to have seen Kyron before he disappeared".

I don't think they are targeting the school witnesses at all. I think they are looking for someone in the general public to have seen the truck, the woman, and the boy (as shown on the flyer) sometime AFTER 8:45 a.m. that morning. Why else make the form available for download, fax, and e-mail? The school witnesses were all mailed a copy.

Very good point. They claim the flyer is for anybody on school grounds between 8 and 4, yet the flyer is for all to see. You may be right, and at the very least it doesnt hurt to put it out to everybody. They may be doing it this way in an effort to hide from the media and public their belief that Kyron was with Terri in the truck away from school grounds that morning.

What I can't understand is why the flyer contains photos of Terri from a Press Conference--they are not even full face shots. Why didn't they ask for a recent photo? This is the age of digital afer all.
My first thought on seeing the picture that they chose was this:

She appeared to be very uncomfortable during the press conference where the husbands spoke. I could be really wrong, but sending out this picture seems like a way of saying: We are seeing what you, the public, are seeing.

Just one thought about why that picture, and just an opinion.

Bare with me - just talking myself thru this....
So what about this other instructor that saw Kyron in another classroom at some point? That instructor must not have seen Kyron without Terri or he would have been the last to see Kyron. This must have been when Terri and Kyron were looking at the projects in the various classrooms together. What about the person who said they saw Kyron by the south exit door - must have been with Terri or they would be the last to see Kyron. Did everyone who saw Kyron that morning see him with Terri? And no one saw her leave with or without Kyron? Like someone else said - she is leaving as everyone else is entering the school and no one saw her? My gut was telling me she left and told Kyron to go ahead and check out that electric project and then meet her in the parking lot or by a certain door to maybe leave for the day. But if she left first and then he left later - why didn't anyone see him alone? Cuz everyone was in class by that time?

"Shelby said that Porter saw Kyron in her classroom with his stepmom before 8:45 a.m. and another instructor reported seeing him in another classroom at some point." http://www.oregonlive.com/portland/index.ssf/2010/06/details_emerge_about_the_day_k.html

Bare with me - just talking myself thru this....
So what about this other instructor that saw Kyron in another classroom at some point? That instructor must not have seen Kyron without Terri or he would have been the last to see Kyron. This must have been when Terri and Kyron were looking at the projects in the various classrooms together. What about the person who said they saw Kyron by the south exit door - must have been with Terri or they would be the last to see Kyron. Did everyone who saw Kyron that morning see him with Terri? And no one saw her leave with or without Kyron? Like someone else said - she is leaving as everyone else is entering the school and no one saw her? My gut was telling me she left and told Kyron to go ahead and check out that electric project and then meet her in the parking lot or by a certain door to maybe leave for the day. But if she left first and then he left later - why didn't anyone see him alone? Cuz everyone was in class by that time?

"Shelby said that Porter saw Kyron in her classroom with his stepmom before 8:45 a.m. and another instructor reported seeing him in another classroom at some point." http://www.oregonlive.com/portland/index.ssf/2010/06/details_emerge_about_the_day_k.html

On June 5, Shelby reported that two teachers saw Kyron leave with his stepmother but it didn't raise any suspicions since that happens all the time. http://www.helpfindmychild.net/kyron-horman

Maybe TH thought it was to her advantage to use these photos since they show her "grieving".
If she had any choice in the matter I would say she fumbled that one. For me, and I can assume that it may be true for others, also, Terri Horman did not come across as grieving in the press conference.

I saw a nervous, scared, clingy, manipulative, suspicious-looking and acting woman.

Just my opinion and I see what you mean also, LNL; if this was a picture believed to show a grieving parent.

(I am starting to feel small and mean).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member