Press conference regarding previously undisclosed evidence scheduled for a January 16th at 1 p.m.

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
While many are disappointed with press conference I think it was quite ok. We all wanted to get whole cake but they just gave us small piece. Still better than what we got till now. I think main point and actually big step forward was their announcement of new website - wait for it - for finally communicating with public and submission of tips.

Belt - they probably holded that evidence away from public untill now as they suspected that they might be initials of the killer. And they might be.
Someone here suggesting that it could be area of Mannorville, HM for Halsey Manor, is actually great thought too. They have stated that belt was found in the early stages of the investigation - hmm anyone know when was that or which cases? Mannorville or?

911 tape - they actually did mention it - that they hold it as evidence and not releasing it. Yes, there might be something on that tape which is incriminating so they keep it tight to the vest. Once case is solved there would not be any more reason Not to release it.

They have talked about Shannah Gilbert too - and interestingly they have stated cause of death is undetermined - so not ruling completely out or in foul play.

Funilly, if you have noticed at the beginning of speach they have stated that investigation has nothing to do with previous investigation or leadership of that case.

Lady in charge speaking seems quite ok, and if she is in charge of the case, after all those wasted years I am getting my hope back.

They have not discussed genealogy or who will be working with them on that, they only confirmed that they will use this new technology.

Link to quality stream of live conference for those who missed it -

I have to agree with you. I was initially let down that the belt was all they released but I have to say overall I think it was an ok press conference. It’s quite possible we have now seen a piece of the murder weapon. Is this 100% the murder weapon absolutely not but it’s certainly possible considering the GB4 are suspected to have been strangled to death. Also considering they said they found it at the initial crime scene at Gilgo it would make sense it was left on Or near Amber since she was the last of the 4 to go missing.

I didn’t like the cageyness of not answering whether the belt had DNA on it but we can’t always get what we want. I would assume it may have some type I’m interested to see what the new website looks like and how much information they plan on releasing to the public. And I agree with you that the new commissioner seems way more competent than anybody previously in charge of the SCPD.

wait, it was released?? i never saw that, i saw a judge order them to and they never came through. i'll have to google more. i get all about researching this case, then i go months not looking into it at all.
I don’t think they released it, I was just saying I can’t remember exactly who the call was from. I think a reporter today asked about the call

But there is this news... "Lost Girls"

Based on author Robert Kolker’s best-selling true crime novel of the same name, the film will have its world premiere on January 28 at the 2020 Sundance Film Festival and will be available for streaming on March 13.

Last edited:
The belt. My guess is that it has unidentifiable fingerprints not (yet) found in any database so law enforcement hopes someone will come forward and say hey, that belonged to my son, husband, whatever, and then fingerprints can be taken from the alleged belt owner for comparison. It’s not much but it’s a start, albeit a start delayed for nearly a decade.

Wow! I just read about this new info at DailyMail. Any news on this case is a good thing, IMO. Does anyone recognize the font of the letters on the belt? I'm wondering if its from the manufacturer. Or the owner. It's difficult to tell from the pics. Gosh I need to brush up on my sleuthing! Glad to see so many of you still following this case, these girls deserve justice!

Screenshot of the embossing

I was looking at the image and it does not really look embossed. It almost looks like the letters are stenciled and painted on and they are light blue. Did the mention where on the belt the initials were? I know nothing iam asking is going to make a difference in this case but just wondering .

I was looking at the image and it does not really look embossed. It almost looks like the letters are stenciled and painted on and they are light blue. Did the mention where on the belt the initials were? I know nothing iam asking is going to make a difference in this case but just wondering .

No, she did not mention where on the belt the initials were embossed. She would not give the size of the belt either.

She did state that the letters were 1/2" x 1/2" in size.

that's a very distinctive belt
if that belonged to someone I know, I think I would remember it

I’ve seen this type of font somewhere before specifically and it’s driving me crazy. I can’t remember where but it was recent. Hoping I remember, not that it’ll necessarily have anything at all to do with the case at hand.

Well the leather belt is the only clue we have to go on. If it's painted on by the wearer then there is a reason for it. ex: halfway house or some other communal environment. It could also be a work belt. My Mr. is a laborer and he puts his initials on everything he uses at work. Thinking out loud here.

Wow! I just read about this new info at DailyMail. Any news on this case is a good thing, IMO. Does anyone recognize the font of the letters on the belt? I'm wondering if its from the manufacturer. Or the owner. It's difficult to tell from the pics. Gosh I need to brush up on my sleuthing! Glad to see so many of you still following this case, these girls deserve justice!
I remember when that type of embossing was popular in the ‘80s and ‘90s. Lots of folks received embossed leather belts or bracelets as birthday or Christmas gifts because almost every American mall in that time period had a kiosk or accessories shop that’d do embossing on the spot. The font style screams early nineties tribal tattoo.

Last edited:
did the police commissioner ever state where the belt was found.....on a victim, or just nearby.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alicat3
Back