Prince Harry and Meghan Markle to marry in the spring

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The £50,000 wedding cake

7634E1A3-8302-4503-A067-2B7D267277CD.jpeg

This is the completed royal wedding cake the new Duke and Duchess of Sussex's guests will be tucking into at their Windsor Castle reception.

Kensington Palace tweeted a snap of the non-traditional - and spectacularly pretty - bake, created by Californian Claire Ptak and made using 200 Amalfi lemons, 500 eggs, and 10 bottles of elderflower cordial made at the Queen's Sandringham estate in Norfolk.

In keeping with the bride and groom's modern approach to their big day, the cake, decorated with three different types of peonies - a favourite flower of Meghan's - is not a traditional tiered creation, but features layers of different sizes displayed on individual gold plinths of varying heights.

The Palace said in a tweet that the 'light sponge' had been 'uniquely formulated' for the royal couple.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/f...oyal-wedding-cake-revealed.html#ixzz5FxjTJh8R

Thank you. I wondered what type of flowers she had. I thought it was a bundle of lavender or something.

Was glad someone wrote about the flowers. My dad loved Forget Me Nots, so it's one of the flowers I associate with my dad. I wish there were closer pics of the bouquet because I didn't see any; google says there is a white version which I didn't know.

Her veil was beautiful. I can't imagine how many hours went into making it. The tiara is very pretty too. I haven't watched what I recorded yet, will do that later tonight.

Loved it--- ole HC got a little misty watching Harry watch his bride come down the aisle....and also when Meghans Mom looked teary and awestruck.
The dress was beautiful...very understated...loved the bandeau tiara and veil. Her hair was a little messy for my taste. The assembled smirking at the Preacher and Stand By Me was surprising---would not have expected bad manners. Most of the music was beautiful.....loved the cellist selections.

That surprised me too.

We will get to see the dress for the eve reception????

The £50,000 wedding cake

View attachment 134524

This is the completed royal wedding cake the new Duke and Duchess of Sussex's guests will be tucking into at their Windsor Castle reception.

Kensington Palace tweeted a snap of the non-traditional - and spectacularly pretty - bake, created by Californian Claire Ptak and made using 200 Amalfi lemons, 500 eggs, and 10 bottles of elderflower cordial made at the Queen's Sandringham estate in Norfolk.

In keeping with the bride and groom's modern approach to their big day, the cake, decorated with three different types of peonies - a favourite flower of Meghan's - is not a traditional tiered creation, but features layers of different sizes displayed on individual gold plinths of varying heights.

The Palace said in a tweet that the 'light sponge' had been 'uniquely formulated' for the royal couple.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/f...oyal-wedding-cake-revealed.html#ixzz5FxjTJh8R

Lovely! Lemon sounds so good, summery. I also like that the baker used buttercream icing, showing an emphasis on flavor over style. Many formal cakes today are covered with fondant that looks beautiful but tastes like play dough, JMO.

I tried to keep up but thread got to fast. And I was trying to watch live streaming and telly. I also type with one finger left handed and I am right handed. (I know weird but it's the most comfortable).

I have come to believe y'all are speed readers and great multitaskers.

But I read everything you commented on and I was cracking up. Thank you for the humorous comments.

I did learn some things I missed or didn't know others. Missed Harry saying how she looked amazing and she sure did. Also missed him saying "I'm so lucky", I hope she said it back to him. They are both so lucky to have found each other.

It was such a beautiful service and wedding. I loved her gown and veil, so Meghan in its simplicity and symbolism on the veil. I could go on and on.

I am glad I found out about this thread last night. Wish I had known about it sooner. BBC is having several repeats. I'm watching again.

I got all misty watching Doria. Talk about mixed emotions. What that lady has seen and done in the last few days is mind boggling.

She seems so graceful, poised and held herself together.

I wish them the best, hope they have a long and happy marriage.

Well said :clap: I was far more impressed with this royal wedding than that of Charles and Diana or William and Kate. Harry and Meghan were actually enjoying themselves because the casual environment allowed them to be who they are and not succumb to stilted protocol. I loved that they spoke quietly to one another throughout the ceremony. They were both radiant and seem to truly love one another deeply. I wish them every happiness as they begin their life together.

And I loved that they held hands too the entire time. Everything you said was so perfectly said. They are so in love. It just seems like they will last.

That surprised me too.

From what I observed, they were reacting to his remark that fire caused us to create mobile phones, or somesuch. You have to admit, that was a pretty eccentric thing to say. Harry and Meghan laughed, too. Most people aren't used to hearing such unusual remarks in a church sermon, it probably caught everyone by surprise. Completely natural but polite response.

Anybody get here in a car today? An automobile? Nod your heads if you did. I'm guessing—I know there were some carriages. But those of us who came in cars, fire, the controlled harnessed fire, made that possible. Now that the Bible says and I believe that Jesus walked on the water, but I have to tell you, I didn't walk across the Atlantic Ocean to get here. Controlled fire in that plane got me here. Fire makes it possible for us to text and tweet and e-mail and Instagram and Facebook and socially be dysfunctional with each other. Fire makes all of that possible.

https://www.townandcountrymag.com/s...wedding-sermon-michael-curry-full-transcript/

CNN just reported they will be leaving the Luncheon soon. Hoping to see them one more time.

Sky News has just said we will see the happy couple leave Windsor Castle to go to Frogmore House for Prince Charles’s evening reception around 7pm U.K time approximately 1 hour and 45 minutes from now.

Frogmore House evening reception for 200 people.

2802E451-C2A5-49E7-8E73-7B99B04EEEC8.jpg

YEAH!!!! I want to see her gown for the eve

The £50,000 wedding cake

View attachment 134524

Beautiful cake!

OT - I see your profile says Scotland, I thought you lived in Oz. One of my son's few times great grandfather is from Scotland.

One of his 3rd great grandfathers is a Spencer who ran the grounds at Ashford Castle in Ireland back in the 1800's. One of these days I'm going to figure out if they're related to Diana's family.

Wonder if they have a tv up and running at the wedding lunch?

Bet they do.

FA Cup is into the 8th minute. No score. LOL

What a fabulous day for Harry and Meghan!

Not a fan at all of what Beatrice and Eugenie wore. I thought their Mother out shone them both.

No sightings of any IUD's on anyone's head. This time :facepalm:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member