Prosecutor Juan Martinez releases new book, February 2016 - #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Dammit, I love quail but I had homemade chicken alfredo' (from scratch pasta and sauce) AND, I have made from scratch cinnamon rolls in the oven right now so :tongue: I'll have sangria with you though. Poor little butcheress has it so good... NOT!!!

Sounds good. Never tried to make pasta (or Alfredo sauce). Cinnamon rolls for dessert sound perfect.
All we have here for dessert is some Blue Bell Dutch Chocolate ice cream

I spent the last hours alone with Juan Martinez, finishing up his excellent book. I agree with Becky about the epilogue. Poignant, and one of the few times he has ever revealed anything about his personal life, being an exceptionally private man.

One big surprise is he barely mentions the PP retrial. A few sentences, that's it, and only in a brief passage of the process between a finding of guilt and sentencing.

Sounds good. Never tried to make pasta (or Alfredo sauce). Cinnamon rolls for dessert sound perfect.
All we have here for dessert is some Blue Bell Dutch Chocolate ice cream

Yeah, it sucks to just have MY favorite ice cream doesn't it? I normally make all my pasta from scratch, and my Aunt cans her own spaghetti sauce, and chili sauce. So, I swipe some when I visit her. I don't care for the store bought sauces. BBL, oven is calling my name. Sorry for O/T chat but Tex and I are hungry and no one stands in our way when it comes to food... LMAO.

Did JM mention any of the going ons in the Judge's chambers? Or sidebars?

Remember, we were all wondering what the heck was happening in there, and TA's family having to
be in the same room as JA, aka 'the killer' ...

No. Nary a mention, and though he refers briefly to the plethora of sidebars he never reveals a word of what was discussed. ;)

High ethical standards, seals and appeals, and all that.

Who is Ann Campbell anyway? I never did understand this whole thing. I can't figure out who was to tell what to whom and for which purpose and how it was going to be done. How was AC supposed to know there were messages in the magazines? How did JM know who Ann Campbell was?

http://abcnews.go.com/US/jodi-arias-believes-punished-death-row-friends/story?id=18547130
"Ann Campbell and Donavan Bering have been a constant presence for Arias wth at least one of them sitting in the Phoenix, Ariz., courtroom along with Arias' family for almost every day of her murder trial. They befriended Arias after she first arrived in jail and believe in her innocence."

" The two Phoenix women say they have been supporting Arias since 2008 when she first arrived at the Estrella Jail in Phoenix. Bering got to know Arias well while incarcerated on an accessory to arson charge. She asked her friend Campbell to visit Arias, too, because Arias' family was out of state. Campbell said, "We hit it off right away. She's very nice and funny. And really articulate."
Their growing friendship continued after Bering was released from jail. Now, they say, they speak to Arias by phone daily and visit often. Bering has been in court nearly every day."

http://dailyentertainmentnews.com/w.../2013/05/Donavan-Bering-Jodi-Arias-friend.jpg
Ann is on the left, Donovan on the right, rumour has it that they are a couple.

http://abcnewsradioonline.com/national-news/tag/jodi-arias?currentPage=2
"The two magazines -- an issue of Star and an issue of Digital Photo Pro -- were intercepted by guards in August 2011 at the Estrella jail in Phoenix. Arias had intended for the two items to be handed over to Ann Campbell, a friend who has been a constant supporter and has visited Arias in jail every week, the prosecutor said.

Martinez did not reveal in court why the items drew suspicion, but at some point someone noticed the small, faint notes written in pencil in the margins.

Like something out of a spy novel, Martinez laid out for jurors what he believes is evidence of Arias' attempt to manipulate the testimony of a witness."

Yeah, it sucks to just have MY favorite ice cream doesn't it? I normally make all my pasta from scratch, and my Aunt cans her own spaghetti sauce, and chili sauce. So, I swipe some when I visit her. I don't care for the store bought sauces. BBL, oven is calling my name. Sorry for O/T chat but Tex and I are hungry and no one stands in our way when it comes to food... LMAO.

Twas ever so. ;)

Yes, I have been to Yreka and along I-5 many times. I meant that the trip would have been time consuming. It's not like flying from Phoenix to LAX. I would guess you'd have to change planes somewhere (SFO?) to fly into either Medford or Redding. Then you'd have to drive from one of those airports to Yreka. That's a lotta hours.
I'd think they'd fly into Sacramento before SFO...

Now how did she do this when she had no visitors or phone or mail? :jail:

I agree, I have my doubts but just in case I would love to know that Juans book has her strung up like a killer that didn't get away with anything.

I couldn't agree more. JM is too thorough, too meticulous, too exacting, and too conservative in his assertions, though, for me to doubt his opinion that she didn't drop the camera until after she slit his throat.

The only other conclusion I can reach other than she meant to record his death is that she had secured the camera to herself somehow- duct tape? in anticipation of wielding the knife seconds after taking the last photo of him in the shower, and didn't want the camera to fall accidentally and risk having him move from the perfect position for her to strike.

Wasnt there a piece of duct tape or velcro tape found in the bathroom.....if I remember correctly.

I would be interested in knowing how Nurmi or Wilmont think they won anything in this trial. Hilarious, life in prison with no parole for any reason doesn't sound like a Defense win to me. IMO

I'm not sure, but I really like the "hoofed beast" analogy in reference to the killer.

Also, innuendo of a wildebeest, which is a cloven hoofed animal (i.e. unclean for biblical purposes). Maybe I'm just reading into that a little too much, but you know...Juan gets my humor because clearly he wants me. Appearing in my dreams, and all.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

In his last few pages Mr. Martinez refers to the murder as a "bestial" act of killing. His wildebeast reference was very deliberate, as was everything else he prepared, strategized, and said during the trial.

One thing I had considered about the stolen gun was maybe she had planned to put it back and no one would notice it was missing. Like the returned gas can. Im sure we discussed that already many times as a possibility.

But even if that was the original plan then when LE got involved with the reported theft then she should have never used that same gun.

Part of her original plan may have been to make some claim that TA's former roommate, the one that TA had kicked out over some alleged misbehaviour(which probably involved her), must have tried to frame her... until Det.F. told her he had pics and DNA proving she had been there that day and then suddenly she had to "gear up" her story.

Okay, just in the first half of his book...

Does anyone else think that when Darryl didn't initially hand over the gas cans in earlier May ..she attempted to get him to come to her, I gasped a bit when JM wrote that Darryl initially questioned her in earlier May as to why she wanted the cans. When did she ask Travis to visit her according to the texts, unfortunately I don't remember right now.

We did think it was weird she was trying to get him to visit her, right, to sing?

She called Darryl back final week of May to ask again for the gas cans (2) after TA ignored her text or something...

Edit: I see, it was the 24th, singing the national anthem at some car race. What was she going to do, geez, wouldn't he have told people he was going to visit her? *scratches head*

Apologies if this info was already known before... *sigh*

JM doesn't deviate from the June 4 timeline he laid out at trial, largely based on photo timestamps.

BTW, one of the photos in his book is of those photo CD's she brought along.

One is clearly labelled "T-Dogg's pictures of NM trip, balloon fiesta, himself, and much much more, "with little hearts drawn all over the CD.

What were the pics she posted in his name on a new Flickr account on June 3?

ETA- she texted TA specifically about those pics, iirc, in May, asking him if he had them.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/27308599@N07/

She posted the mentioned pics on her old Myspace... https://myspace.com/jodiarias/mixes

I understand the complicated reason she gave for needing the gas cans. But the fact that there were any gas cans involved at all cinched the noose. And JM was deep in evidence involving the gas cans. There wasn't just one piece that he had to count on. For instance, there was the woman from Tesoro, and receipts for large quantities of gas in Utah.

I recall the thing with the astronaut—another fatal attraction—but I can't recall that involved using gas cans. I did recall she used NASA-issue diapers...

Jodi's big thing with the gas cans were the simple lack of receipts from gas stations in Arizona (which she could have just as easily thrown away). This way she could claim to not have been in Arizona, because she had gas receipts from all the other states she filled up in. That's why the real need for the 3rd can, to make it across the whole state of Arizona without having to stop for gas. There are no shortage of gas stations in the desert.
In the case of the astronaut who was involved in the murder plot/love triangle, the diapers were simply a convenience so she didn't have to lose time to stop to pee.

I agree that she could have easily had the gun and shoot with 1 hand while having the camera and filming in the other at the same time. Especially with the .25 caliber which is a relatively smaller caliber weapon.

Also JMO and going from memory here so hope I remember the pics right.
I don't want to bring up the shot first/shot last thing again because everyone has their own opinions on this which is fine but I will say that the way the camera hit the floor and took a pic of the ceiling area near the shower had me thinking that the gun jammed on that 1st shot and she may have purposely thrown the camera down while she tried to figure out what was happening to the gun and needed 2 hands. At some point giving up on it and then grabbing the knife.

No matter which order of the shot I do agree what JM is saying about her using the camera much more than I had thought and maybe was trying to film or take pictures of the whole thing. Because we see other pictures where she is dragging him back so she had to go get the camera during the actual killing from the first spot it was near the shower area and we see the picture of the ceiling area.
So it does beg the question whether she had it in her hands most all through the killing.

The key to what you are saying is that the camera had to get from the bathroom near the shower and to a spot where she was dragging the body and there were many seconds in between the two events. So Jodi had to have been involved in that. The leg ones were accidental and were taken from the floor level.

She had the camera positioned somewhere and Travis knocked it off the spot?

She set it to automatic shots with a specific delay?

The sex photos were all so she could figure out how to position the camera when she was killing Travis? And how to set the delay? And how to easily use the buttons?

Because she had no experience with that particular camera?

The shots in the bedroom are from different distances? So she could gauge how clear they would be?

This is getting sicker by the moment....

And you're all saying there was a video as well? Holy creeps!

Wasnt there a piece of duct tape or velcro tape found in the bathroom.....if I remember correctly.

The duct tape had been on Travis. It was on his arm securing a fitness device he'd been wearing for a while to get in shape for Cancun. He took it off for his shower

Does anyone remember the photo that showed two dots on TA's body and it was thought they were taser marks? It was suggested, here on WS, that the felon tasered him first and went on to murder. I also remember talk of someone owning a taser? The autopsy never did explain those two marks, reminded me of a snake bite.

The taser could have disappeared like the knife, gun and journals.

She told Travis she had a taser after Lisa's tires were slashed.

Maybe it isn't showing up as preordered because the order has now been filled. IOW, it was preordered until today and now there is no record of anything pending because they have fulfilled the order. Not sure if the poster ordered a print copy or a kindle copy...but they might want to check that out.

-----------
Mine was a bit of a Snafu and by golly I think you hit the nail on the head ! All straightened out now. Looks very good but I wish they would have had a nice picture of Travis on the front instead of that basket case witch!! There are only a few pics of him during the murder, nothing we haven't seen. How many her read the last page first? :happydance: I do ..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chernobyl_Werewolf