Prosecutor Ken Kratz

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
pAge 8 of 35...

Start at "I assume" ... Sounds like some sort of threat to me... " i want to hear you ask me....." Like daring..

View attachment 90211

I read those a few days ago when shadowraiths posted the link..... he is something else, isn't he?

Did you also see the part where he says his reputation and his UNCONDITIONAL assistance to the DOJ. Makes me go hmmmmm

Have you read the complaints against KK yet Wendy?

Also... with the argument that SA went from being a sexual predator to a murder.... what does that say about Kratz? should we expect him to be a murderer too?
It's not that simple.

For starters, from the various documents I have read, Krats behavior appears to be compulsive. That is, he seems to be largely driven by his alleged sex addiction. Combine this with the reported narcissistic features, and you end up predatory behavior as described within the DOJ reports.

Whereas SA behavior appears to be impulsive. That is, he tends to react as opposed to "act." Moreover, by the time Ms. Halbach was murdered, SA had spent nearly half of his life in prison.

Imnsho, and this cannot be stressed enough, prison does change a person, and generally, not in a good or meaningful way. Regardless of innocence or guilt.

This latter, by the way, is why the title, "Making a Murderer" could arguably be a double entendre. As there are two plausible meanings.

One, he was "made" a murderer as a result of spending 18 years in prison as an innocent man. The outcome of not only surviving the prison culture but also the framework in which he was convicted could easily result in bitterness and a sense of entitlement (which, if you listen to episode 3, you can hear when he tells his aging parents they should have taken a second mortgage out on their property a long time ago).

Or two, he was "made" a murderer due to being framed for the murder of Ms. Halbach because the MCSD are really "that dumb." That is, they'd actually frame the guy right in the middle of a high profile investigation regarding their framing him in 1985.

I, personally, think the film is biased toward the latter, whereas I tend to be biased toward the former.

As for Kratz? When reading those reports, I was reminded of the recent case of Daniel Holtzclaw. Here's the WS thread about his case. Though, it should be noted, imnsho, Holtzclaw's behavior is an order of magnitude, and then some, worse than Kratz.

Notably, with the exception of the one alleged rape, which he claims was consensual, Kratz arguably appeared to be able to keep his sexual compulsions in check. That is, he did not cross the line into physical violence. So, unless something comes out that suggests otherwise, I am of the opinion that Kratz is at near zero risk of becoming a murderer.

Not yet :/ slow reading here.... Busy with house duties :/

One, he was "made" a murderer as a result of spending 18 years in prison as an innocent man. The outcome of not only surviving the prison culture but also the framework in which he was convicted could easily result in bitterness and a sense of entitlement (which, if you listen to episode 3, you can hear when he tells his aging parents they should have taken a second mortgage out on their property a long time ago).

Although my hubby hasn't watched the documentary (he doesn't need to because he has had to listen to me for hours LOL), he has said this too. That if he did do it, how much of an impact did spending time in prison for a crime he did not commit have?

I see SA as what you see is what you get. Is he a nice guy? maybe to outside people, not so much to people close to him. Kratz is another story.

I get what you are saying shadowraiths about the differences, but it doesn't make me feel any better about Kratz, using the position he was in to gain the trust of these women and then to turn around and use that for his own personal sexual gratification is just sick. I'm also looking at it a bit differently than you are, in the sense that I am not 100% convinced that SA murdered TH.

From everything I have read about both SA and Kratz... they are both pigs when it came to women.... Kratz is just a pig in a suit. What is the saying? You can put lipstick (or high heels? haha) on a pig, but it's still just a pig.

JMO

btw.... I absolutely respect your opinion, and sometimes when my mind is on rant about something to do with this case.... your posts are able to bring it into perspective for me, so thanks :)

The more he goes on and on about this sweat DNA - the more I dont believe one single word he says

Reading through these reports, imnsho, this man purposefully put forth his position as DA, to set up a power imbalance.

Moreover, he repeatedly noted that he was chairman of the Crime Victims Rights Board, to support his claim that he was pro-victim. His chronic behavior, however, indicates otherwise.

That is, imnsho, he fits the profile of the sort of predators who place themselves in situations that will bring them in contact with their preferred victim type. In this case, crime victims.

One thing that is especially troubling, for lack of a better descriptor, is that this man prosecuted cases involving sex crimes against minors.

Take for example, the so-called "Hilbert Sex Ring." I was unable to find much on that case but what I did find, and as bad as it was, it doesn't really meet the criteria for a sex ring. I would argue that [that] characterization, once again, came from the man's sex obsessed mind.

Then there's the allegation from the DOJ part 3 record, where he inappropriately questioned a 17 year old who was the victim of a registered sex offender.

As for other questionable behaviors?

There is, of course, his lurid murder fantasy press release regarding Ms. Halbach's death. And while she obviously wasn't a minor when she died, she appears to be fairly small in stature and this man repeatedly slipped up and referred to her as a "little girl."

Then there is the incident where he invited his date to attend the autopsy of a crime victim, as long as she wears heels. This is not only creepy but quite inappropriate. While the victim may be dead, that he would want to bring a "date" to gawk at her autopsy... as if it's some form of morbid entertainment, is nothing short of appalling.

Such grossly inappropriate behavior also provides a glimpse into this man's psyche.

Notably, not once, in the aforementioned instances, does this man's behavior indicate in any way whatsoever, that he is truly a victim's rights advocate.

That aside, the irony in this whole mess, imnsho, is you have one sexual predator prosecuting another sexual predator (i.e., SA). Extremely ironic, imho.

P.s. and fyi, it appears he is still up to his same old crap. I did a search for the nym he used on match.com and found a profile on a "casual sex" site where he mentions BDSM & his high heels fetish, which is not dissimilar to the claim in DOJ report 3. At first I wasn't sure it was him bc the listed location is West Bend, WI, and from the DOJ report, he apparently lives in Appleton, WI. As it turns out, his law office is located in West Bend, so I'm more than sure it is his ad.

I don't think he lives in Appleton or West Bend....

https://lawyerhistory.wicourts.gov/attorneys/1013996

The more he goes on and on about this sweat DNA - the more I dont believe one single word he says

Makes you wonder if his own DNA has ever been at a crime scene and if he or his subordinates were in a position to alter/ taint/ remove that DNA from the evidence room. Obviously I'm speculating but I doubt if all of his shenanigans were legal. He's a sex creep out of control. Run Kratz's DNA against cold rape cases !

Would not surprise me. Just going by court docs that state, Appleton, WI and his yelp law offices page that states, West Bend, WI.

I think he lived in that area at one time--but Superior WI--is nowhere near there, and that appears to be where he lives now. I think I checked his website out a while ago (its no longer active) but he was practicing law in a town nearby.(I think maybe Ashland) I wondered why he would have moved way up there, but I guessed that he did because its not a very populated area. I vaguely recall, something to do with the St. Paul/Minneapolis area. Maybe where he was traveling to on cases. It was so long ago--gosh I don't even remember.

Can not wait until his book is out! Hope they release a hard copy in Australia!

Sent from my SM-N910G using Tapatalk

I'm just glad I'm not the only one who found KK creepy from the get-go...even before I learned of his own personal scandals. When he gave that press conference with his graphic description of TH's death, my first thought was "OK, was all that really necessary???" Even if it WAS the way her life ended (which we now know there is no evidence to support his description) was his graphic tale given in front of the media really necessary? Were all the awful "details" something that needed to be put out there for the world to chew on? I just can't for the life of me figure out his motivation...if it was to fuel the public's anger at the injustice, then it was extremely unprofessional being that it is already difficult enough to assemble an unbiased jury, much less when graphic (and unconfirmed, no less!) details are released in a public forum. I'm pretty sure the public was already quite disturbed by the death of an innocent young woman and embellishing on her death was simply uncalled for. And I totally 100% agree with the poster here that said maybe his own "dark imaginings" were coming into play...to me it seemed he was enjoying giving that description just a little too much...

So far I can not make it past page 8 of the pdf-file without wondering how Kenneth Kratz handled Sherry Culhane???

He is laughable, pathetic, and disgusting.

By page 16 of the pdf-file, I am not even 1/2-way through; and this is the best that the reviewing legal ethics board can state:
"In short, whatever his qualities and accomplishments as a lawyer, Attorney Kratz proved himself during the period in question to be sanctionably sophomoric.

And we see these guys in positions of authority to represent our laws, and principals, and ethics? What a joke!

Zool...is he just not gross or what? On a "professional" level, there is already evidence that Mantiwoc County and the state crime lab might have been in "cahoots" (to use my dearly departed grandmother's term to describe corruption! lol), and so you pose a great question...I would have LOVED (and probably been grossed out!) to see the interaction between KK and Culhane. Ewwwww....just.... Ewwwww.

When I read that his official disciplinary papers describe him as "sophormoric", I LITERALLY lol'd. Then I felt bad because I realized his ridiculous actions hurt a lot of people. :(

The final word: page 36, section V, paragraph 97
"In the years following S.V.G.'s complaint to the Kaukauna police, Attorney Kratz was forced to resign as Calumet County District Attorney. He went through a divorce. He lost his home and his car. He was sued by S.V.G. in the United States District Court and settled the lawsuit. He filed for bankruptcy. It is unlikely that Attorney Kratz is in any position to pay $23,904.10 in court costs. These extravagant costs will pose a serious hardship to Attorney Kratz, cannot be justified on the basis of the OLR prosecution, and are manifestly unfair." -- DAVID T. PROSSER, J.

Right. Where did you go to law school, David?

"Manifestly unfair"??? I suppose his sexual harassment of domestic violence victims was TOTALLY fair...ugh.

Maybe my thoughts in KK could be described as "sophomoric"...I am usually WAY more articulate...but honestly, I don't even know what to say about him.

This DA is truly repulsive. When I think of him I think of sweaters.... no seriously. I believe in his email to SC he was trying to make her feel guilty for being responsible for SA's release in 03. I also think they came to an understanding that she was going to prove the bones were TH and the bullet in the garage matched TH or her job was on the line. No proof just an instinct. He used his wiles on her.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Karmalicious478
Back