Protestors already gathering at Anthony home in anticipation of CA release from jail.

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I just don't get it. My mother would have been on TV humiliating me every minute if it meant learning the truth....and be darned anything else.
snip
no joke. although, my mom would never have fallen for me leaving the house to go to "work" everyday if i had no job, let alone the other stuff casey got away with.

Does anyone here have a problem with how the media becomes obsessed with one case?

It's nice that Caylee gets all this attention, but there are a multitude of other missiing children out there that are skipped over, and I hate to say it, kids of different races just don't get the same coverage.

Not sure how I feel about that. I think every missing child needs media. Unfortunately, some don't get it. But, I am not angry at the media, and I am glad they are all over this, otherwise we would only be hearing what Baez wants us to hear.

snip
no joke. although, my mom would never have fallen for me leaving the house to go to "work" everyday if i had no job, let alone the other stuff casey got away with.

Oh yeaaaaaaah! That's why it's hard for me to keep up any sympathy for the Anthonys, it's so out of my realm of reality I can't comprehend it. I dropped a Tums on the floor of my bedroom as a teenager and I SWEAR my mother had me up against the wall interoggating me because she thought I must be on drugs... My stepdaughter at 13 stole something once and refused to tell the truth about it (she was a liar a lot like Casey) and my mother dragged her to her car and drove her to the police station....let's just say, she fessed up real quick when she realized my mother wasn't "playin'"

Ooops Sorry for the OT!!

Does anyone here have a problem with how the media becomes obsessed with one case?

It's nice that Caylee gets all this attention, but there are a multitude of other missiing children out there that are skipped over, and I hate to say it, kids of different races just don't get the same coverage.

sorry but I hate it when people try and spin this - I'm not even going to go there.

The media is a business. It is simple they want to sell ad revenue, and will run stories that keep people coming back to their channel to see what is going on. This story is a godsend to them. It keeps giving and giving every moment , with twists and turns. We the American people are totally fascinated by it. Granted there are many more kids missing(Caylee isn't missing, God rest her innocent little soul), and hopefully reporter and shows with some morality will use this hype to show those kids, getting help for them, which they would never get otherwise.
If the media coverage is bugging you, then it only takes the American people to get to the point of saying "I just don't care about this anymore!", refusing to watch. With Cindy and George swinging hammers, yelling at geeks, and throwing American flags to the ground, evidence leaks everyday, and somehow someone posting a half a million bond, I am afraid the American people will not turn away. They will just watch more.

Maybe the rain will keep the protesters at bay for now, but I have a feeling this will turn very ugly. The neighbors must be sick, knowing this loony bird is coming back.

I just don't get it. My mother would have been on TV humiliating me every minute if it meant learning the truth....and be darned anything else.

I ask my Mom what she would do. First she said that I would never do anything like that. (nice to know Momma doesn't think I am that sick)
After pushing her a bit, she said she would have gotten me help, long before it ever got close to that stage. Those parents knew she was a constant liar, she stole things and they covered up, and many more things we don't know, long before this. Those parents of hers helped kill that poor innocent child, because they refused to force her to get help.

My Mother is an extremely smart woman.

The longer this goes on, and the more stuff get piled on, the greater the chance someone will do something crazy and dangerous to the Antony's.

Did this donor offer security? Any private security at the house? Does anyone know???
(Thanks ahead of time for the answers.)

Orange County, Fla. -- Soon after we reported Casey was going to get out of jail supporters and protestors stood outside of the Anthony family home. Neighbors are now concerned once Casey Anthony comes back to her parents’ home on Hopespring Drive, everyone's safety will be at risk.

Casey Anthony supporters said, “You people cannot convict her before she’s had a trial.”

Protestors said, “she will be proven guilty in the end.”

Even neighbors, who are tired of the circus in their community, got involved. They don’t want to see the kind of demonstration that broke out last Friday, the same day Casey Anthony was returned to jail on theft charges.

One neighbor said she’s really upset at Casey’s latest chance at freedom. She said the missing toddler’s mother belongs in jail.

More: http://www.wftv.com/news/17397003/detail.html

My thoughts: I am one of those people (perhaps the minority on this board) who believes in the rights of citizens to gather and protest peacefully. I do not condone knocking on the Anthonys' door, or getting into heated exchanges with members of the family. The right to peaceful assembly is one of the most fundamental constitutional rights we have, and I hate to see anyone saying that that right should be curtailed--in ANY situation, including this one.

I agree with you. The criminal is not the only one with RIGHTS in this Country. Ordinary citizens have rights also and one is freedom of speech and lawful assembly to express their views on this horrific case. IMO.

Neighbor Complain About Caylee Billboard
10 a.m. Friday:
Eagle-eyed viewers might have noticed that we briefly switched our live stream to Cindy and George Anthony's house, when a deputy arrived there. We are told some neighbors in the homeowners' association complained that the billboard trailer parked at the home was blocking the sidewalk, and they also complained about the crime scene tape. We are getting video and will post shortly.WESH.com web staff
http://www.wesh.com/news/17399471/detail.html

I hope there are lots of protestors....they should chat all day and all night...drive her even more insame than she already is.

The media is a business. It is simple they want to sell ad revenue, and will run stories that keep people coming back to their channel to see what is going on. This story is a godsend to them. It keeps giving and giving every moment , with twists and turns. We the American people are totally fascinated by it. Granted there are many more kids missing(Caylee isn't missing, God rest her innocent little soul), and hopefully reporter and shows with some morality will use this hype to show those kids, getting help for them, which they would never get otherwise.
If the media coverage is bugging you, then it only takes the American people to get to the point of saying "I just don't care about this anymore!", refusing to watch. With Cindy and George swinging hammers, yelling at geeks, and throwing American flags to the ground, evidence leaks everyday, and somehow someone posting a half a million bond, I am afraid the American people will not turn away. They will just watch more.

I don't need a lecture on why it is happening, I just think it's an indication of a problem with our society, that gets overly obsessed with stories that have the "right" characteristics - i.e "sex" as in pretty criminals or victims being the main one.

I don't need a lecture on why it is happening, I just think it's an indication of a problem with our society, that gets overly obsessed with stories that have the "right" characteristics - i.e "sex" as in pretty criminals or victims being the main one.

I think - a lot of times it's the family or parents that are able to keep it in the media. I don't buy the other "theory".

Neighbor Complain About Caylee Billboard
10 a.m. Friday:
Eagle-eyed viewers might have noticed that we briefly switched our live stream to Cindy and George Anthony's house, when a deputy arrived there. We are told some neighbors in the homeowners' association complained that the billboard trailer parked at the home was blocking the sidewalk, and they also complained about the crime scene tape. We are getting video and will post shortly.WESH.com web staff
http://www.wesh.com/news/17399471/detail.html

hehehe :)

I totally agree with you. I only expanded on your comment to bring in America society as a whole, and not leaving it at the media's door. The media is only doing what sells.
While we are discussing kids of color and others who are not making national news, missingkids.com is race/status blind and they do a wonderful job. I support them quarterly, and I would suggest anyone who is also disgusted how short changed some missing children are, would also give if they can.

I can't find the chat thingy, what did LP and TP say? I know they had said Cindy is just in denial and all that, but I find her actions despicable.

It was on the live chat. I wish I could have saved it but I couldn't figure out how. They said that they REALLY like the family and they are going through a lot and that Cindy truly believes what she is saying about Caylee being alive. Now, think about Tim and how he desperately wanted people to go look for his daughter and they wouldn't because they said she was a runaway.

Now put yourself in the shoes of someone with an obvious mental disorder whose daughter stoile all the money and "ost" your granddaughter, you've got marital problems and the whole world at your door to lynch you and people banging on your dor even when Casey is not there and knowing that you raised this girl and that if you had allowed the adoption she might still be alive and then because of your mental disorder interject an honest belief that your granddaughter is alive and NO ONE is looking for a live Caylee. If she is alive, you aren't going to find her in the woods and if you believed she was alive, then you would be trying to get her home as soon as possible. Granted, she needs to wake up and face scientific facts, but I don't think that she is mentally stable anymore anyway and may not be capable of coming back to reality. If I really was so mentally incapacitated (and who could blame her for being so) as to ignore facts and really believed that my grandbaby was alive, I don't know how I would act.

Some did, you can chose not to believe that, and I cannot find the link on this huge board, but many said they were angry that they were out in the heat, in teh swamps, delaing with gators, while she sits in AC, sipping on a cold drink, surfing the net, and how that is not fair. They are all looking for her daughter she should could care less.

Yes some dont search, soem just protest, but not all. Yes, some ham it up at the TV cameras, but not all. Many really do care and just cannot stand the audicity of this family.

Dont forget SNAKES!!! And the mosquitos must be wicked and I can tell you the heat and humidity is awful:eek:
She never looked for Caylee, she was too busy hanging out with boyfriend, cooking for him and partying at Fusian night club.
I despise her. WHERE WERE CAYLEES RIGHTS:mad::furious:

She will be primping for her appearane on 20/20 tonight or whatever show it is, I think they bailed her out. Im disgusted if they make any money on what little Caylee has been through.
If that show does a "poor Casey" and how her rights have been "violated" I will throw stuff at the TV.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
daniellelacy
Back