Psychological aspects of this case

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Based on the behavior of known kidnapped victims, even if the tipster did ask, most likely she would not admit being Jaycee. Most useful thing would have been to get a license plate number, assuming of course police would actually do their job and investigate properly.

i had a theory that probably wont hold weight but........
maybe it was garrido playing mind games with the police? thats why the tipster was never found? thats why the gas station attendent never saw anything?

Interesting - not sure exactly what to make of it all, though. What do you think about these pictures of the "family"?

Where did this pic come from? I know it was on the video thread, but is it supposed to be the girls? I haven't seen it being discussed anywhere.

i had a theory that probably wont hold weight but........
maybe it was garrido playing mind games with the police? thats why the tipster was never found? thats why the gas station attendent never saw anything?

I doubt it. The tipster probably didn't want to get involved. I suppose if they saved the tape they could do voice analysis.

Not shouting you down, but I do have a question. What are you basing your thoughts on? Are their studies that show that a turquoise and white home is off-putting to passer-bys? Or that a pink, homey bathroom means that the mom wanted a girl instead of a son?

Just curious!

:elfroll:The Max Luscher Color Test (1948) mentioned in the first post of
this thread was based on extensive studies in Switzerland on the
physiological effects of color stimuli. It's still a challenge to figure out
how to apply it. When a person projects feelings through the choice
of rose decor, it physiologically reflects an inclination to imagine
surrealistic desires (what may be impractical), but does not say what
that person is thinking about.
Turquoise paint as shown on the house is a blue-green, and green
is the color of defense, or pride, or personal principles. Orange is
an outgoing color.

I doubt it. The tipster probably didn't want to get involved. I suppose if they saved the tape they could do voice analysis.

intresting that this didnt come out 6 weeks ago huh

Interesting - not sure exactly what to make of it all, though. What do you think about these pictures of the "family"?

I bet there is something you could interpret about him "not in the colors" but in all his poses in those pictures. He looks like hes always hovering over the group.

I bet there is something you could interpret about him "not in the colors" but in all his poses in those pictures. He looks like hes always hovering over the group.

:croc: Hover is what tall people do in a short group.

This is interesting. About PG's clothing in the old pic with Nancy: My ex, when we were young had a shirt and pants exactly like PG's. It startled me to see that, but of course, my ex wasn't a nut and much better looking. Was this photo the prison wedding? Maybe they planned to dress in like colors.

:blowkiss: The picture was taken just after PG was released from prison.
Matching outfits are cute, but i'm puzzling why PG and NG matched
only below the waist, while mismatched above the waist.

They had been married 7 years before PG's release.

I also think that the old flowery decor and turquoise paint on the house shows that PG's mother had money to decorate back when those colors and decor were in style, but not after. Probably having to give all her money to support him, his wife, his grand schemes, his abductee, and then the children. She was probably bled dry of money just like the elderly neighbor. The time he was in jail may have even been the only time she was able to do things that she liked or choose colors and whatnot that she enjoyed.

I also think that the old flowery decor and turquoise paint on the house shows that PG's mother had money to decorate back when those colors and decor were in style, but not after. Probably having to give all her money to support him, his wife, his grand schemes, his abductee, and then the children. She was probably bled dry of money just like the elderly neighbor. The time he was in jail may have even been the only time she was able to do things that she liked or choose colors and whatnot that she enjoyed.

:twocents: Good point. Now i wonder if Herschel Franzen left financial
resources that NG and PG could bleed.

My DH and I have been discussing this case, he gave his own words as asked by me. I would like to explore the psychological aspects of the case beginning with his words.

There are obviously dangerous predators in our society. We are shocked when we hear the reports of their behavior. We cant imagine how they could perpetrate such things against others, especially children. I would suggest as an alternative we offer them a postponement in their execution for so long as they cooperate fully with psychological and physiological examinations by professionals. We need to learn more about what causes such behavior if there is any way to prevent it. If it cannot be prevented maybe we can at least learn to better recognize these monsters amongst us. If they cannot or will not offer this to society, then they represent nothing more than a threat that needs to be removed.

PERHAPES you propose to give them the truth serum, which unfortunately is not legal.
Because I can not imagine one of those animals to give an honest account of anything including what they ate for breakfast.
In order to do a study you have to have accurate details.

IF they can give a truth serum and get all the truth out???
Then you need Doctors who are made of steal and stone.
the details we already know are far to hard to digest. and we know not much IMHO

The usual execution won't happen in less than 10 years as it is. They have plenty of time to be studied, if someone can convince them to participate in a study.

Their EGO would participate...But the truth will not.

What execution? Garrido is not eligible for execution, since kidnapping is not a capital punishment crime.

:waitasec: This case is special.
Maybe he will be :waitasec:

Actually they may find a body that is tied to him - I hope.

Speaking of the psych ramifications of this crime, this article about broke my heart. I found it posted in the media thread.

It talks about 10 months after Jaycee was kidnapped, there was a report from someone at a gas station who called LE and reported that there was a little girl who looked like the kidnapped girl standing at the gas station and looking at her missing poster. All the tipster gave as info was that the little girl was with someone in a yellow van. Of course we now know that PG owned a yellow van. LE talked with the gas station owner and nothing came of the tip.

If that was her, how heartbreaking would that be for a little child? She could stand there and read her missing poster. She knew she was being searched for. But she couldn't reach out and tell anyone and no one recognized her, or so she would have thought. And that was only 10 months after being kidnapped. Would it have made her feel hopeful knowing that people were looking for her? Or would it leave her feeling hopeless, knowing that they were looking for her, but didn't find her and no one recognizing her?
http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2009/10/05/MNS11A1JEG.DTL

That reminds me. When people take pics of their kids, they always go for the smiling pics. And that is great, it is how we want to always remember them at that age. But when it comes to missing posters, that smiling kid is not the kid that might be out in public with a kidnapper. So if you have kids, periodically take a closeup pic where the child is not smiling. It is a small thing. But we all look a little different when we smile. And it may be a small thing, but even that little thing might make a child more recognizable.

That is very hearbreakin mysteriew; Iread it too.
I imagine at first she was hopeful and as time went on she must have become hopeless. :(

But again it makes me more furiouse with LE and the PO's :banghead:

I really hope that JC's family will sue, sue, sue, and then sue some more.
Not that it will bring back 18 years, not that it will give her her life as it should have been.
But so that the LAWs and those who are supposed to protect us will get that they do not get a pension and not do the job. They chose to support and protect, I think the citizens should choose to not reward their lazy azzes, take their pensions, In hope that they do better work.
Sue the state so they can demand a job well done.

JCs life will never be what it could have been. Neither should thier lives. :furious:

My DH and I have been discussing this case, he gave his own words as asked by me. I would like to explore the psychological aspects of the case beginning with his words.

:cat: JC herself is pictured only once in role of "Alissa" --- when she was
wearing a black jersey with 3 cats on its bodice. Focus was intended
to be the cats (or her children, or Printing4Less); JC presenting herself
as black background means she is selfless, avoiding attention.

This is a really interesting thread!

To me, "Alissa" is the stock photo on the business card. I believe that this card was represented by Garrido as a photo of his daughter. Ergo, this photograph portrays "Alissa", a figure of fantasy and desire, the perfected Jaycee, a warped vision of Jaycee. Psychologically, this photograph is interesting, and I wonder what you think of the colors in the picture, or if anyone has any other ideas about the psychology of the business card photo.

Many people above 6 feet (he is 6'4") do that, some even hunch when they walk alone. but always when they are with shorter people.
I think he selects all short people, consciously or unconsciously - his body can dominate the small.

:elfroll:The Max Luscher Color Test (1948) mentioned in the first post of
this thread was based on extensive studies in Switzerland on the
physiological effects of color stimuli. It's still a challenge to figure out
how to apply it. When a person projects feelings through the choice
of rose decor, it physiologically reflects an inclination to imagine
surrealistic desires (what may be impractical), but does not say what
that person is thinking about.
Turquoise paint as shown on the house is a blue-green, and green
is the color of defense, or pride, or personal principles. Orange is
an outgoing color.
P &NG did not decorate anything at all.
His Mother did many years ago.
I think we are simply pulling at straws. :croc:

intresting that this didnt come out 6 weeks ago huh

Yes it is interesting. I think the investigation into LE errors includes reviewing all tips received over the years. Some will slowly be made public.

I just have a hard time with this as well. So Sad, if true.

But I thought the slimy predators had her locked away for 3 yrs or more.
I just can't picture them taking a risk of letting her walk around at the gas station, that early into the kidnapping. JMO

This is a really interesting thread!

To me, "Alissa" is the stock photo on the business card. I believe that this card was represented by Garrido as a photo of his daughter. Ergo, this photograph portrays "Alissa", a figure of fantasy and desire, the perfected Jaycee, a warped vision of Jaycee. Psychologically, this photograph is interesting, and I wonder what you think of the colors in the picture, or if anyone has any other ideas about the psychology of the business card photo.

PG was so full of himself. He would get pleasure boasting/bragging about having such an attractive model for a daughter. It would not bother him what so ever putting a strangers photo on the cards. He loved getting away with things. He would think it would also help get business from like minded clients?
I also don't think Jaycee has been quoted as saying she wanted to be a model
that is a made up story from him and repeated by his friends Molino.
In an attempt to portray a normal Famiy with his daughter being able to pursue
a modeling career. When the fact was she had no choices to pick a future.
JMO

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SouthEnd
Back