PTL (Peach Tree Landing)

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I don't think those committing these crimes think about being pulled over to be honest. I think they are tunnel visioned on teh murder and disposal and that's all they think about. Because the threat of being caught murdering someone hasn't stopped them! And in other cases, the body has been taken over state lines, and the perps didn't seem to mind.

While those of us with a tail light out, or knowing the inspection sticker just ran out, but you really need groceries, will take the chance and be worried you'll get pulled over and given a ticket.... those that will murder do NOT care about laws!

Make her watch some 48 Hours before she goes:) But not too much because it might warp her like it warped me:)

My 18yr old daughter just spent a week in VA beach and is going to Myrtle Beach soon. You can't imagine the stress, and worry this is causing me. I don't know how to stop her from going. She bought and paid for her own car, is working and paying her own way at the Beach. She is going with friends, and I have preached and preached about always being together. I've threatened deadly harm if anyone allows her to be alone except to go shower or in the bathroom! I've talked and talked with those she is going with, and begging them to all stay safe, stay sober, and always remain alert! These kids are country kids, not use to city life, nor the crowds at beaches. They must keep the buddy system. But I'm scared. There is the parents of one of the kids going, but the rest are recent high school graduates, that wanna do the beach run after graduating. And I can understand that. But doesn't help this nervous nelly one bit!!!

2Hope4, Living in MB, I understand what you're going through. There are some very beautiful areas here, but there are some what my husband and I call "seedy," and I try to stay away from, especially if I'm alone. On Ocean Blvd, anything south of 21st Ave North just tell your daughter to be extra careful. Unfortunately its kinda the touristy area, and then anything South of that is worse. Anything North of there is more residential, and there are some beautiful hotels and the beaches are a little quieter and IMO safer. I'm sure she will have a great time, and she sounds very responsible. As a mom, I just wanted you to know.

My 18yr old daughter just spent a week in VA beach and is going to Myrtle Beach soon. You can't imagine the stress, and worry this is causing me. I don't know how to stop her from going. She bought and paid for her own car, is working and paying her own way at the Beach. She is going with friends, and I have preached and preached about always being together. I've threatened deadly harm if anyone allows her to be alone except to go shower or in the bathroom! I've talked and talked with those she is going with, and begging them to all stay safe, stay sober, and always remain alert! These kids are country kids, not use to city life, nor the crowds at beaches. They must keep the buddy system. But I'm scared. There is the parents of one of the kids going, but the rest are recent high school graduates, that wanna do the beach run after graduating. And I can understand that. But doesn't help this nervous nelly one bit!!!

Hey 2hope4! There is a Britanee Drexel missing episode on youtube. Maybe you might get her to watch? It is hard to explain to young women sometimes, but being aware at all times when you are out...is so important. Especially after dark, maybe some pepper spray and a self defense class might help?

I have a 21 yo daughter and 20 yo son and they are starting to travel with their friends and boyfriend/girlfriend. I was initially very worried but then I have to remind myself that teens and young adults have been going to places like Myrtle Beach, Panama City, Fort Lauderdale (in my day) for years and the vast, vast majority of them are just fine.

I've been going to Myrtle Beach for years and it's definitely an interesting mix. Most of it is nice and feels safe though there is a section right downtown in the older area that's seedy. The north side of Myrtle Beach or North Myrtle Beach is very nice. But I've noticed that these seedier areas often are where the young people stay because it's cheaper and closer to the downtown/boardwalk areas.

I have a 21 yo daughter and 20 yo son and they are starting to travel with their friends and boyfriend/girlfriend. I was initially very worried but then I have to remind myself that teens and young adults have been going to places like Myrtle Beach, Panama City, Fort Lauderdale (in my day) for years and the vast, vast majority of them are just fine.

I've been going to Myrtle Beach for years and it's definitely an interesting mix. Most of it is nice and feels safe though there is a section right downtown in the older area that's seedy. The north side of Myrtle Beach or North Myrtle Beach is very nice. But I've noticed that these seedier areas often are where the young people stay because it's cheaper and closer to the downtown/boardwalk areas.

Ot, but I was reminded of going on trips to Atlantic City with my family as a teen...my sister and I would go on the boardwalk at night and one night, we actually went back to the apartment of some older guys we met to have a beer. We were about 15 and 17, probably. Just thinking about it now makes me terrified, lol. How stupid could we have been...all was well but good grief...teens will do SUCH dangerous things, no matter what parents and other adults tell them...

http://www.scnow.com/news/state/article_06f9fc30-4a2f-11e4-8fb6-0017a43b2370.html

Horry County went from being 30 days away from installing surveillance cameras at some of its boat landings to now realizing it may have to start from square one...

After Whitten’s resignation, County Administrator Chris Eldridge assumed Whitten’s roles and responsibilities, and discovered recently that not much has been done on the surveillance camera project in the last five months...

The plans call for installing the cameras at six of the county’s 28 area boat landings, including Peachtree Landing where missing 20-year-old Socastee woman Heather Elvis was last seen in December 2013.

I cannot believe that it has been a year already. :(
Prayers going out to the Elvis family. :praying:

I can't believe these boards have been so quiet today on the one year anniversary of her disappearance. Thinking of Heather and the entire Elvis family today.

I can't believe these boards have been so quiet today on the one year anniversary of her disappearance. Thinking of Heather and the entire Elvis family today.

I've just been too sad to post. Where is Heather?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have been pondering of how quick things happened at PTL. CHLOROFORM? I seen some quote or something on Hs Twitter about that. It would render her unconscious or even dead if they used too much. Just a thought.

I guess I missed this part before. Elders had said, at the first bond hearing, that they knew Heather drove herself to PTL due to the gps on her phone. That has always bothered me because that gps only tells me that Heather's phone went to PTL. Anyway, I just noticed this.

Police do believe that Elvis drove herself to the Peachtree Boat Landing. They don’t think she was abducted from her River Oaks apartment.
Investigators reached that conclusion after reviewing communications Elvis made through social media, but investigators haven’t said why Elvis drove herself to the boat landing.

http://www.myhorrynews.com/news/crime/article_9134b14e-9d67-11e3-a5f5-0017a43b2370.html

I guess I missed this part before. Elders had said, at the first bond hearing, that they knew Heather drove herself to PTL due to the gps on her phone. That has always bothered me because that gps only tells me that Heather's phone went to PTL. Anyway, I just noticed this.

Police do believe that Elvis drove herself to the Peachtree Boat Landing. They don’t think she was abducted from her River Oaks apartment.
Investigators reached that conclusion after reviewing communications Elvis made through social media, but investigators haven’t said why Elvis drove herself to the boat landing.

http://www.myhorrynews.com/news/crime/article_9134b14e-9d67-11e3-a5f5-0017a43b2370.html

Part of me thinks (and that's all this is.....thoughts) -- that what if part of their "plan" was SM calling Heather and asking him to meet up at PTL (Heather agrees - posts things on Social Media that indicate she is going there) BUT - SM actually shows up at her house - she's caught off guard -- would let him in, no?, with a "What are you doing here? Thought we were meeting at the landing" and then things go really bad from there....If part of their plan - then they knew there would be something in place to show Heather was going there (and in their minds helping keep them uninvolved....remember.....SM did NOT think there was anyway the police could REALLY know HE called Heather from that payphone....otherwise - he would HAVE to know how stupid it would be to lie, lie, lie about it!) Clearly - he had this playing out some other way - without Police being able to KNOW FOR SURE he made that call (as just one example of his wrong thinking in all of this).

I know many of you don't think SM went to the apt. I'm still not sure. I know there are some scenarios in which a murder and clean up could occur in under 3-4 minutes - but I also think that's such a very small window to do all of that and leave not ONE SCRAP of any kind of linkable or DNA evidence. Not saying it couldn't happen - just that it seems like the M's would've had to have gotten VERY lucky for everything to go just perfectly like that. If they wanted LE to think there was no way SM was at Heathers apartment that night (because they knew he WOULD be going there) wouldn't their 'plan' include things to help prove he wasn't? I mean - if this plan was SO great that they were able to pull it off and leave behind nothing but circumstantial evidence -- then clearly they had to have covered some of these 'scenarios' of how things might play out to try and make it look like they had nothing to do with it?

Part of me thinks (and that's all this is.....thoughts) -- that what if part of their "plan" was SM calling Heather and asking him to meet up at PTL (Heather agrees - posts things on Social Media that indicate she is going there) BUT - SM actually shows up at her house - she's caught off guard -- would let him in, no?, with a "What are you doing here? Thought we were meeting at the landing" and then things go really bad from there....If part of their plan - then they knew there would be something in place to show Heather was going there (and in their minds helping keep them uninvolved....remember.....SM did NOT think there was anyway the police could REALLY know HE called Heather from that payphone....otherwise - he would HAVE to know how stupid it would be to lie, lie, lie about it!) Clearly - he had this playing out some other way - without Police being able to KNOW FOR SURE he made that call (as just one example of his wrong thinking in all of this).

I know many of you don't think SM went to the apt. I'm still not sure. I know there are some scenarios in which a murder and clean up could occur in under 3-4 minutes - but I also think that's such a very small window to do all of that and leave not ONE SCRAP of any kind of linkable or DNA evidence. Not saying it couldn't happen - just that it seems like the M's would've had to have gotten VERY lucky for everything to go just perfectly like that. If they wanted LE to think there was no way SM was at Heathers apartment that night (because they knew he WOULD be going there) wouldn't their 'plan' include things to help prove he wasn't? I mean - if this plan was SO great that they were able to pull it off and leave behind nothing but circumstantial evidence -- then clearly they had to have covered some of these 'scenarios' of how things might play out to try and make it look like they had nothing to do with it?

Do you have any thoughts on why Heather would not be agreeable to Sidney showing up the apt. ? Any thoughts on why the plan included a meeting place so close to the the Moorer's home?

Do you have any thoughts on why Heather would not be agreeable to Sidney showing up the apt. ? Any thoughts on why the plan included a meeting place so close to the the Moorer's home?

Heather may have been afraid of Tammy and didn't want TM to know where she lived - afraid SM would tell her or be followed.
She may not have trusted SM's change of heart and wanted to keep her residence a secret until she felt more secure.
She may have been going tell SM that she didn't want to get back together.
Maybe that was their normal meeting place. (I have speculated before that the marathon training was a ruse to meet Heather.)
Sidney may have claimed he was sneaking out & was walking/jogging/riding a bike.
IMO TM & SM chose that spot to meet and thought up a story to get Heather there alone.

Heather may have been afraid of Tammy and didn't want TM to know where she lived - afraid SM would tell her or be followed.
She may not have trusted SM's change of heart and wanted to keep her residence a secret until she felt more secure.
She may have been going tell SM that she didn't want to get back together.
Maybe that was their normal meeting place. (I have speculated before that the marathon training was a ruse to meet Heather.)
Sidney may have claimed he was sneaking out & was walking/jogging/riding a bike.

If Heather had been that afraid of Tammy, I don't believe she would have agreed to meet Sidney period. She certainly wouldn't place herself in the proximity of the Moorer home for the same reasons you listed.Why would Heather drive all that way in the early morning hours to tell Sidney she didn't want to get back together. That is something she could do by phone.

If the Moorer's planned the murder well in advance, I don't believe PTL would have been part of their plan. IMO

I think Heather got lured out to PTL to meet Sydney because she still had residual feelings for him, even though she had been trying to move on with her life. I think it's as simple and as complicated as that. He said something and whatever he said worked on her and off she went to her doom. I don't think this was a surprise to TM, I think she was in on it and probably was behind making sure her nemesis was killed one way or the other.

That's just it. To me - it makes more sense that Heather would have invited him to the apt. It makes no sense to me that, as part of something planned in advance, they would've chosen to leave her car at a location so close to their home. (which makes me think that became a decision made in the moment)

Then again - like I keep saying -- LE may have something in a text or elsewhere in which Heather tells someone she is going to PTL. (trying to think of of the "why's" LE would be SO sure she drove herself there)

That's just it. To me - it makes more sense that Heather would have invited him to the apt. It makes no sense to me that, as part of something planned in advance, they would've chosen to leave her car at a location so close to their home. (which makes me think that became a decision made in the moment)

Then again - like I keep saying -- LE may have something in a text or elsewhere in which Heather tells someone she is going to PTL. (trying to think of of the "why's" LE would be SO sure she drove herself there)

If such a text or other record exists, I would think certainty as to whether or not Heather was the author would depend on the time of the text/record.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
appleatcha
Back