Q & A for LOCALS ***NO DISCUSSIONS***

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Do the locals think SA and BD did something to Hailey together?

Does anyone know why or what LE was looking in landfill?

Did they find anything imortant?

Dear Locals, can you tell us about CCity?
How big is your city?
Is it a close knit community?
Does everyone know each other?
Do you have trouble with strangers?
Do you have 'cults', like SA/BD might belong to?
Are you afaid for your children's safety?
Why do you think LE is beefing up security?
What is your take on all of this?
Is CCity back to normal? or has it been changed forever?

I grew up in Snyder, daughter went to HS w/ SA, family still lives in Snyder. We went down last week to get information my daughter needed for graduate school and we drove by SA's GMa's house and it looks like they've put foil up on the inside of the living room windows, perhaps to keep people from looking in? I know it wasn't there before last weekend. Other than that, it was pretty quiet. My daughter told me that cult activity wasn't an issue back when she was in hs- she graduated 2002, SA was class of 2003 but at that time there wasn't really any gossip about it but then again, that isn't something talked about. In regards to H's 8th grade class in CCity being under 100, that isn't uncommon. CCity is smaller than Snyder and my daughter's graduating class was around 150..mine in 79 was about that size too. BD's home is right by the old hospital-where I worked at in the 80's and it's actually quite a distance off the interstate. It's a good 6-8 blocks away from the service road..the same service road used by the prisons. If some stranger was to come in off I-20, I wouldn't think they would actually go down a residential section unless it was within a block from the service road. IMO it's just too much of a jaunt down into town for that. We drove by last weekend and it was all quiet around-except down close to the meat packing place (we picked up some steaks) and that was only lively because of Klass Kids meeting in the place they've been using as HQ. Okay, where SA was working- WSI- I think we saw a few exterior cameras as we drove past going to my brother's home. Not much more information on that. As far as LE- we've only had one issue with Scurry Co Sherrif Deputy- he had some blown out of proportion story of my daughter speeding (wasn't true, esp on the CO. Rd she was driving on-most colorful story he concocted BTW) and would make up "reasons" to pull her over...and when I called the S. Office, he wasn't even supposed to be out in the area of the county where we lived the 5 times he had pulled my daughter over on bogus stops-we took the issue to the Sherrif and that was handled swiftly and we were satisfied-he was dismissed and we never saw him around after that. Trust in them- they may seem "hick" but they aren't stupid or backwards. As far as people not talking-there's a reason. Some of CD's associations, which in turn links BD-could be a reason to not talk much. The folks I know and still talk to say general consensus is SA did it, BD involved. That's just opinions of my friends, family and people they know of's opinion...not like inside information. Heck when my daughter, her husband and myself watched the initial NG coverage, my daughter was like boyfriend did it-that was before we found out who the boyfriend was. That was only discovered after searching through interviews posted online. She actually found the bf's name on one of the FB pages, said how many SA's would be runnin' around Snyder and I found the vids and her actual words were "OMG it's that weird S kid!" I asked her and she told me about his very flirtatious behavior a couple of times towards her and after and hour or so, he would flip and act like she was repulsive. She also said a few other things and said the rest of it was gut feeling.

There is a Western Suites over in the area where BD lives. Now BD has said that Hailey would go there to access the WiFi.

Can someone tell me if this hotel does in fact have free WiFi as I just read somewhere that they do not have WiFi at all and that they only have ethernet connections in each room.

I have a question for the locals. Does the local high school expect their students to use a computer to write their term papers on, and to use for research? Do most students have access to a family computer?
I know my kids school relied heavily upon computer skills.

Why hasnt the media spoken to someone who knows what is going on with the case?

I have contacted two TV news stations in Abilene and asked why local citizens are calling LE or the DA's office and receiving information and the media refuses to do so.

I have contacted two TV news stations in Abilene and asked why local citizens are calling LE or the DA's office and receiving information and the media refuses to do so.

Are you waiting for an answer? or what did they say? Thanks :)

They both requested my phone number and said they would have someone return my call.

I have a question for the locals. Does the local high school expect their students to use a computer to write their term papers on, and to use for research? Do most students have access to a family computer?
I know my kids school relied heavily upon computer skills.

I am from Big Spring.... I know the high schools here do have laptops that are checked out to the students at the beginning of each year.... they are for all the things you listed..... Even my elementary school son has been using puters and going to a weekly lab since kindergarten.... the local schools all seem to be expecting their students to use computers almost daily..... and almost everyone has access to computers at home, at friends, or at the library for free.

Have the local LE give out any warnings on protecting children from strangers?

does the local people feel it was a family crime??

Have the local LE give out any warnings on protecting children from strangers?

does the local people feel it was a family crime??

I have not heard any warnings. And I haven't heard a lot of opinions.... but the few I have heard were in reference to SA.... And for the most part you see kids roaming the streets just as they always have.

Does anyone know if Grand Jury will still meet on Thursday as rumored???

Has any local heard why LE randomly drove K-9's arround to 6 different motels?

Any locals reading on here know about Lake Colorado City?? Is it mostly summer type residents?? Or are there many that live there year round?

Does this lake and its surrounding homes/cabins have a reputation as a good wholesome place for families, or is there any reputation as it being Party Central, any thing goes?

ALSO- which parts of Colorado City have a reputation as the hot spot for drug sales/usage? What areas, if any, do residents know to stay away from unless they are up to no good?

Where do cautious parents warn their kids to stay away from?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
culley2821