Question and Answer thread

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
One wonders how two weapons came into play, I always thought, two perps? Or a situation in which TA had originally been holding one of the weapons, for example maybe the knife since he received the bullet wound, imo.

Regarding the "two intruders" story she was originally telling....This is pretty off the wall but bear with me...I remember a time where someone my husband and I know was intoxicated (this is a very professional and smart person by the way but just had a low tolerance for alcohol and it was a company "pub crawl" in a foreign country where beers and ales tend to be stronger and richer than our American ones.)....anyway this person we know had had a couple of drinks and wasn't feeling well and went into a bathroom and came out telling my husband that she'd seen a girl in there dressed like her and throwing up on herself, and my husband quickly realized it was our friend herself and apparently she had mistaken her own reflection in the mirror for another person!

When I look at Jodi's original stories about the "two intruders" I sometimes wondered if there was any possibility (if she is mentally ill or was impaired in any way at the time whether from hitting head on the tile or from anything else we don't know about, or perhaps even just terrified enough or high enough on adrenaline or dissociated in some way), I always wondered if the two intruders she claimed to have seen in the bathroom could have actually been her and TA's own reflections in the bathroom mirrors.....Though she seems too lucid now during the trial for that to be the case, but who knows? Or the "two intruders" story could simply have been a deliberate story to explain wounds made by two weapons..again who knows.

I wondered what life on death row would be like for Jodi, and the this is the answer from the AZ state prison site, Q&A section:

"All male and female inmates on Death Row are classified as maximum custody. All inmates are single cells which are equipped with a toilet, sink, bed and mattress. Each Death Row inmate has no contact with any other inmate. Out-of-cell time is limited to outdoor exercise in a secured area, two hours a day, three times a week, and a shower, three times a week. All meals are delivered by correction officers at the cell front. Limited non-contact visitation is available. Death Row inmates may place two ten minute telephone calls per week. Personal property is limited to hygiene items, two appliances, two books and writing materials, which can be purchased from the inmate commissary. Health care is provided at the Health Unit; medication is passed out at the cell front. Clergy contacts are provided at the cell." To the question "What size are the cells?" the answer is 12' by 7'.
It sounds like just what the lying psychopathic murderer needs!

As I think some of you may have said before, and I agree, the "two intruders" story could give us hints about how things actually transpired in the bathroom even if the two people involved were actually herself and TA rather than two other people attacking her and TA, iykwim.

That's interesting. Apparently, the defense wanted to submit a polygraph they've taken. I wonder if there are studies on sociopaths defeating a polygraph.

I have always heard that guilty people can sometimes pass polygraphs (i.e. either if they don't feel guilty, they are not shocked by the questions, or if they are detached from reality in some way) and that innocent people can test badly on polygraphs, possibly because they are upset by certain questions, the thought is just so shocking and abhorrent to them, etc. Imagine an innocent person who feels they're being suspected or accused of something, or questioned about something horrifying, the respiration and heart rate go up, it's upsetting for them, etc. I haven't read the studies first hand though, I've just always heard that. I've heard that's one reason polygraphs are not admissible in most courts, though the public often thinks of them as "lie detector tests", that they are not actually "lie detectors" but basically just detectors of physiological responses, i.e. heart rate, etc.

Do you guys know, where was TA's dog, Napoleon, on June 4? I always wondered how it took the roommates so long to look for TA...i.e. he wasn't due to leave for Acapulco yet, then suddenly no communication, no texts, and did they find his dog wandering around? i.e. wouldn't they think it strange he didn't make arrangements for the dog?

Does anyone know if Witch Craft and the Law of Attraction go hand in hand? She had said her boyfriend Bobby was into chasing vampires, I wonder if she joined him in the his religion of Witch Craft?

Both JW and JM have said that in addition to the sock, there's also a bare foot in the bloody shoulder picture. They both point near the left edge of the photo.

Here's JW pointing to it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1tZKYBlfkxI#t=149m04s

Here's JM pointing to it,

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qLfabn2US8U#t=129m20s

I see nothing that looks like a bare foot anywhere. I can't even figure out how anatomically either his or her foot could be over there from the positions there are in.

Does anyone else see it? Here's the photo: picture link

Can you please tell me how the upside down number plate is relevant to either side? I just don't get it.

By the way, I installed tapatalk and it ROCKS!!! It's soooo cool. Thank you for that.

:yourock:

Can you please tell me how the upside down number plate is relevant to either side? I just don't get it.

By the way, I installed tapatalk and it ROCKS!!! It's soooo cool. Thank you for that.

:yourock:

I think there are a few reasons the upside down license plate is significant....JA wanted to go to Arizona, do her crime and leave without being detected. I think she removed both plates (herself, before Mesa) and after the killing, while she was in the desert, she tried to put the back one one before the road block at Hoover Dam, and "inadvertently" put it on upside down. Why she didn't get the front one on is unknown...maybe she couldn't find the screws or maybe the fog rolled in again. The most important part to me is that while she was at Travis' house, parked down the street and not in the driveway, there would be no license plate number or tag showing California plate, etc. And I do believe she went there to kill him, not give him a second chance. It seems to me that he had pretty much told her in his text message from earlier that he was done and he would tell everyone he/she knew all about her lies. Jmo, of course.:twocents:

Both JW and JM have said that in addition to the sock, there's also a bare foot in the bloody shoulder picture. They both point near the left edge of the photo.

I see nothing that looks like a bare foot anywhere. I can't even figure out how anatomically either his or her foot could be over there from the positions there are in.

Check out this post that has a photo recreation:
Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - jodi arias TAKES THE STAND #64 *may contain graphic and adult content*

Does anyone know if Witch Craft and the Law of Attraction go hand in hand? She had said her boyfriend Bobby was into chasing vampires, I wonder if she joined him in the his religion of Witch Craft?

Don't really have anything to do with each other and, no, JA is not a witch or devoted to the beliefs of any religion.

Thank you! That makes sense.

I wonder about a couple of other things, but theyprobably can't be answered. Can we say the foot looks dark because it's bloody or is it just the lighting?

And about the head position. Is it off the ground because he's lifting it himself, or is it resting on her leg?

1) Can we say the foot looks dark because it's bloody or is it just the lighting?

2)And about the head position. Is it off the ground because he's lifting it himself, or is it resting on her leg?

1) Yes lighting - light source is behind the foot.

2) Impossible to say - it's also possible she is grabbing him by the hair.

Does anyone know the name of the PTSD test Jodi took and if it's available online for viewing? The Dr said it's very difficult to fake it but I highly doubt that.
I also imagine she the questions and answers could pertain to either her own fabricated scenario or the state's position.. Either way I don't doubt it was horrific. <.<

He did two tests, the Millon Clinical Multiaxial Inventory 3rd rev. and the Post Traumatic Stress Diagnostic Scale. He said the second one is commercially available.

"The PDS is a 49-item self-report measure recommended for use in clinical or research settings to measure severity of PTSD symptoms related to a single identified traumatic event. The PDS is unique in that it assesses all of the DSM-IV criteria for PTSD (i.e., Criteria A - F) and inquires about the past month (time frame can be adjusted for different uses). Thus, in addition to measuring the severity of PTSD symptoms (Criteria B, C, & D), it also inquires about the experience of a Criterion A traumatic events, about duration of symptoms (Criterion E), and the effects of symptoms on daily functioning (Criterion F)"

These types of tests are soley based on answers given by the taker of the test. Period. That's it. So whatever you put down is what determines whether or not you "have" PTSD.

Could I go online and read one or two in-depth articles about the symptoms of PTSD and then take this test and answer the questions in a manner that says I suffer from a raging case of PTSD? Of course. Anyone can.

The "validity" of the test is based on the honesty of the person taking the test. I would imagine Juan Martinez will get into this area on cross examination of this "expert".

But the bottom line is that people can and do lie on these tests all the time. This test is set up with 49 questions. Some tests have many more questions and ask the same basic thing but in a different way. So the longer tests probably have a better chance of picking up discrepancies between answers to similar questions.

There is a test called the Minnesota Multiphasic Personality Inventory that is very, very commonly used. But I did not hear that this "expert" administered that test to Jodi. I've wondered why not, when it is so standard and he did see her 12 times.

when I enlarge to screen size I could see a bare foot at lower right but it doesn't look like he's lying on his back on tile. Is there supposed to be a sock foot and a bare foot visible on the left also?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ty1220
Back