*~* Questions for our locals *~*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Question about the school district if anyone knows? Where do they draw the school lines in the neighbor as to who attends Skyline Elementary? Is there a map or street names where the cutoff would be to attend a different school?

Question about the school district if anyone knows? Where do they draw the school lines in the neighbor as to who attends Skyline Elementary? Is there a map or street names where the cutoff would be to attend a different school?

Map of Skyline boundaries

http://www.pps.k12.or.us/schools-c/map/SkylineMap.pdf

Map of all the school in PPS

http://www.pps.k12.or.us/schools-c/map/

Sauvie Island is just north of the Skyline boundary. Sauvie Island is in the Scappoose school district.

Is it just me or.....do you find the locals are very quiet?

I am very surprised at the lack of information anyone is giving here>

I can say that by being a local and knowing people that live on the Island and also very near the school, I do not feel comfortable posting their experiences (considered hearsay) along with respecting their privacy, and for the search areas not disclosed by LE, if they are not going to disclose them, then I do not feel comfortable doing so, which I would hope everyone would understand.

JMO, the lack of information has everything to do with the importance of locals not wanting to impede LE's investigation.

We have some very diligent locals here.

Although I don't live in the Portland area, I have family who lives off of Corn Pass and not that far from Skyline. They have not seen any activity since most of the search teams were called in over a week ago. My son took a trip to Sauvie Island a few days ago and didn't see anything. The island is HUGE, BTW. He did mention that Kyron fliers are all over the place and everyone is upset that he hasn't been found.

What bothers me is that there doesn't seem to be much - if any - active looking for Kyron any more. Whatever happened, he is out there somewhere.

As for Sauvie Island, there has been a focus there since early on. Something must have provoked that. There is only one way on and off the island. Have they been watching the traffic? Keeping any kind of watch on those who come and go from SI? How much of it has been searched? Seems like some of the members here have checked areas that LE hasn't. If there is any chance that Kyron is there, why are they not combing every inch of SI?

Of course, I have no idea how these investigations work and I have even less of an idea of what kind of information LE has, but it seems like they looked hard for a few days and then pulled way back. It bothers me. Do they have no clue where to look?

I keep thinking about how helpless all of us feel. I cannot even begin to imagine how much more helpless the family feels. It must be unbearable.

I have a question for a local about the water around SI. IF (and that is a big IF) Kyron had been thrown into the water from some location on the island (I know some have said there are a lot of places on the island where you will see very few if any other people) would it be possible to find him at this point? I have heard the river has a strong current. Does it link to the ocean or a lake? What would be downstream? TIA

I have a question for a local about the water around SI. IF (and that is a big IF) Kyron had been thrown into the water from some location on the island (I know some have said there are a lot of places on the island where you will see very few if any other people) would it be possible to find him at this point? I have heard the river has a strong current. Does it link to the ocean or a lake? What would be downstream? TIA

Here is a link to a map of the island, also there are some good maps of the
island up in the reference thread.
http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&sou...710495,-122.791443&spn=0.134253,0.265732&z=12

The island has so many areas of water, and the Multnomah Channel, Columbia River and Willamette River all border the island, so it would be hard to give an answer.
The rivers flow towards the Pacific Ocean.

Yes, I live just a few miles from the school that Kyron is missing from. It is high up on a very large hill or small mountain, per se. The road to the school if very curvy and has lots of bicyclists on that road. It is NOT a road that a potential kidnapper would be able to get away for a quick getaway! It is in the middle of NO WHERE and all roads that are nearby are also curvy, so getting a quick access to a highway is very, very difficult!

I have taken my kids to Sauvie Island many times. It is full of farms where you can go and pick your own vegetables, fruit, flowers and several farms have pumpkin patches where they have corn mazes in the fall. I have been there in the middle of the day picking vegetables in the middle of the day during the week and it is pretty much desolated and empty. It gets fairly busy on the weekends. There is only one way to get on there via bridge, so haven't heard if there is a camera there. There is a store right after you get off the bridge, so I assume LE has checked to see if their camera points out to the parking lot and road. I THINK you have to drive by that store no matter which direction you are going after getting off the bridge.

Also a local here but new to these boards. I can tell you that the investigators are doing a heck of a job keeping things quiet. I know friends who actually have a relative on the case and they aren't saying much of anything.

Yes, I live just a few miles from the school that Kyron is missing from. It is high up on a very large hill or small mountain, per se. The road to the school if very curvy and has lots of bicyclists on that road. It is NOT a road that a potential kidnapper would be able to get away for a quick getaway! It is in the middle of NO WHERE and all roads that are nearby are also curvy, so getting a quick access to a highway is very, very difficult!

I have taken my kids to Sauvie Island many times. It is full of farms where you can go and pick your own vegetables, fruit, flowers and several farms have pumpkin patches where they have corn mazes in the fall. I have been there in the middle of the day picking vegetables in the middle of the day during the week and it is pretty much desolated and empty. It gets fairly busy on the weekends. There is only one way to get on there via bridge, so haven't heard if there is a camera there. There is a store right after you get off the bridge, so I assume LE has checked to see if their camera points out to the parking lot and road. I THINK you have to drive by that store no matter which direction you are going after getting off the bridge.

Thank you for your description of the area. I am wondering is there anything near the school such as a grocery store, variety store, library?

Thank you for your description of the area. I am wondering is there anything near the school such as a grocery store, variety store, library?

There is a map linked in my sig that will show you where all the landmarks are.
There is nothing within walking distance of the school, and all those services are actually quite far.

Not anywhere within walking distance. It really is in the middle of nowhere. My kids used to play baseball there and the view was utterly amazing, looking out onto the west over the valley.

IMO a stranger would have to be really crazy to try to abduct another stranger, get him out of the school without screaming, and then put him in the car and get away fast without anyone seeing him. Because of the small parking lot, people for the science fair had to park on Skyline, which is such a narrow road. Surely someone would have seen any kind of a struggle.

I was really surprised when I first heard that they were searching Sauvie Island - it just didn't strike me as a convenient area for a stranger/person unfamiliar with the area to dispose of a body or evidence - because there is only one way in/out. If somehow they were identified and police arrived to the island, they wouldn't be able to get off! Not to mention, a lot of the road around the island is one lane each direction.

Which leads me to think that if someone did abduct Kyron or hurt him and wanted to hide evidence or a body, they would have to have been to SI before, and they would have to know WHERE they were going to dispose of that evidence ahead of time (the fact that nothing's reported to have been found suggests to me that the person knew what they were doing; no random field dumping).

So in a nutshell, I don't think it was an outsider (unless they hauled the body far away from Portland before LE were even on the scene), and I don't think it was somebody who was in a rush.

Good questions Day Dreamer. The only thing I can contribute is I read that SI has 26,000 acres and about 6,000 of those acres are covered with water. There are 20, 959 land acres on SI. That means water covers 5,041 acres. {http://www.facebook.com/pages/Sauvie-Island/103729412998746 That would be allot of looking to do, eh?

LE must have an idea where TH was on the island for them to concentrate on the M Channel like they did. It is a huge area to search IMO

I was really surprised when I first heard that they were searching Sauvie Island - it just didn't strike me as a convenient area for a stranger/person unfamiliar with the area to dispose of a body or evidence - because there is only one way in/out. If somehow they were identified and police arrived to the island, they wouldn't be able to get off! Not to mention, a lot of the road around the island is one lane each direction.

Which leads me to think that if someone did abduct Kyron or hurt him and wanted to hide evidence or a body, they would have to have been to SI before, and they would have to know WHERE they were going to dispose of that evidence ahead of time (the fact that nothing's reported to have been found suggests to me that the person knew what they were doing; no random field dumping).

So in a nutshell, I don't think it was an outsider (unless they hauled the body far away from Portland before LE were even on the scene), and I don't think it was somebody who was in a rush.

Sooo....someone who knew they wouldn't notice right away that Kyron was missing? And someone who knew no one would be paying attention to their whereabouts at that time?

Sooo....someone who knew they wouldn't notice right away that Kyron was missing? And someone who knew no one would be paying attention to their whereabouts at that time?

I am definitely inclined to think it was someone who knew they had time. If I thought I had only 30-60 minutes before the alarm was raised, the last place I'd head to with a body in my car is an island with one bridge and a two lane road going all the way around.

The area where this has all happened is one of the less populated areas of Portland. Perhaps the least populated, actually! So most people from Portland wouldn't have anything to do with Skyline and would not have any interaction with searchers. 1300 searchers in Portland = big deal. The fact that they are all east of 26, north of town, and on Sauvie Island = relatively few Portlanders would even see them.

I totally agree that the silence on the part of the Skyline community is incredible - almost unheard of. The only person who broke ranks was the classmate (along with his grandmother), and he only did one interview. It makes you wonder.

I agree that its eerie, but I live in a small town and people here don't like outsiders much. Most moved here for the quiet and privacy and I can't see many talking to anyone from outside.

Hi All,

I live in the part of town that's near the gym and the church where the vigil took place. I agree it's quiet as far as news, but as someone else said, we don't want this case to be ruined. We don't want an OJ case, or Ramsey Bonet, etc. I also wont' be posting any hearsay or speculation for just that reason (not that there is much).

The other thing is all our kids just got out of school on the 17th, so we're all adjusting to that and very busy, not that everyone isn't upset about this case. But they specifically do not want our help searching, either physically on foot or looking for anybody in particular (aside from TM if we were around that Friday the 4th and saw her or the white truck). We're all horrified at the situation, but again as I've said before, the tone here is that there *isn't* a mad man around and our children aren't in danger, so what can we do but wait?

Hi All,

I live in the part of town that's near the gym and the church where the vigil took place. I agree it's quiet as far as news, but as someone else said, we don't want this case to be ruined. We don't want an OJ case, or Ramsey Bonet, etc. I also wont' be posting any hearsay or speculation for just that reason (not that there is much).

The other thing is all our kids just got out of school on the 17th, so we're all adjusting to that and very busy, not that everyone isn't upset about this case. But they specifically do not want our help searching, either physically on foot or looking for anybody in particular (aside from TM if we were around that Friday the 4th and saw her or the white truck). We're all horrified at the situation, but again as I've said before, the tone here is that there *isn't* a mad man around and our children aren't in danger, so what can we do but wait?

Howdy neighbor! :wave:

I agree, the case has seem quiet here for some time. That sense of urgency isn't felt as in the first days. This bothers me.

And I agree that there is no sense out there of other children being in danger. But every time I think about this case, I just get such a feeling of evil. Can't explain it.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Aqfina2000
Back