*~* Questions for our locals *~*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Thanks, I'm not sure why I'm even asking that. Just thinking about who would have been there that day and how far away they may live. Thanks.

Almost 30% of the students are transfers from other areas outside the school's boundaries.

BBM. First, THANK YOU to all of the locals that are giving us insight to your community. I would like to touch on 2 things you mentioned and get your opinion. Please understand that I am NOT asking for rumor, hearsay, or speculation ... just your personal perspective & opinion.

You said that LE has made it clear they do not want anyone helping search (paraphrasing). I have heard of 2 little girls that were murdered (possibly in your town if I read right ... I'm not familiar w/ those cases ... Ward case?). What I am wondering is this: Is Kyron's case being treated any differently, from your prospective, as far as LE not wanting help searching? Has there been missing kids in the past that citizens got to help search for?

Next, I get the feeling that people feel relatively safe there. Parent's aren't in a panic that there may be a predator lurking to take their kids next (paraphrasing again). Can you tell me what prompted you to feel that you and your family are safe? Is it that the LE is very much respected and trusted in this area? Do you (or others) feel that LE knows who and are just gathering evidence? Again, I am NOT asking for rumors or names ... just a general understanding if possible.

Any other locals that would like to comment on my questions please do.
Great questions. Before I provide my perspective, as a "local", a bit more insight into this area. The Portland metropolitian area consists of three different counties (Multnomah (mostly the actual City of Portland), Clackamas and Washington). Four counties and two states if you include Vancouver, Washington (Clark County) which is just across the Columbia River from Portland.

Kyron's school, Skyline is in Multnomah county.

The "Ward" case you are referring to is Ward Weaver.. This case happened in a suburb of PDX, Oregon City, which is in Clackamas county. Therefore, it was also handled by a different local LE agency. Unfortunately, I can't speak to the differences of how LE handled those cases. The major difference I recall is that the families of the two girls were out infront of media, organizing their own searches, etc. from day 1 until the girls were found. As a known acquaitance Weaver was a suspect or at least a POI early on..his house was searched twice.

Another case that I am more familiar with was the Wesley Allen Dodd from the late 80's in Vancouver, WA. This case crossed the state border as some of his victims were in Portland. This case was handled much differently as it was a series of random abductions/sex crimes/murders. Those children were reported missing and the public was encouraged to provide tips. The public was discouraged from searching, once it became obvious that this was a serial killer. It was a member of the public that captured Dodd @ a local movie theather as Dodd was attempting to abduct another child.

I live just a few miles from the school. Even though I have small kids, I don't worry too much about a loose abducter. Knowing that this school is in such a rural area with the only way to leave via road are very curvy roads, along with other things we have learned, make me believe that Kyron had to leave with someone he knew. Yes, I do still keep an extra eye out, but I always have and haven't changed my behavior. Also, I trust LE completely, so when they said this was an isolated incident, I truly believe they were trying to tell us that there was not a strange predator on the loose and they know who did it, just need more evidence.

Thank you for taking the time to answer me. I live on the other side of the country in NC. I'm not quite sure why I am so drawn to this case. Like everyone else, I just want to see Kyron found ... hopefully alive and healthy.

This entire case has really thrown me for a loop. I've never seen so much silence in a case before or LE not wanting citizens to help in organized searchers. They could form groups w/ a trained professional in each group. All of the silence and not wanting help leads me to believe they have a pretty good idea what has happened. My gut feeling is not good. I am praying I am wrong!:praying::praying::praying:

Ditto here. The feeling that it was "probably" someone Kyron knew is a pretty popular opinion around here. The words used at the press conferences gives me that idea along with local "chatter" that I won't go into since it's not backed up by any facts.

Still, I would say that I am keeping a little tighter rein on my kids this summer vs. last.

I am definitely inclined to think it was someone who knew they had time. If I thought I had only 30-60 minutes before the alarm was raised, the last place I'd head to with a body in my car is an island with one bridge and a two lane road going all the way around.

I can't figure out how anyone would have known for sure they had time before Kyron was noticed missing... but they almost had to. Or else they were someone who was just very confident and sure they had not been seen. Those are the only things that make sense if they went to Sauvie Island. :waitasec:

It was the same thing with Ethan Stacy. They took him up a canyon. One way in, then go left (they did) or keep going straight. That's it... there is a few resorts, turn offs, trails, parking lots, small roads... but no other way back out of the canyon. You have to come back down the same way you went up and either continue up, or go back down the rest of the way. They had no escape. (Other than driving off the edge at the top which would be VERY easy to do in the dark.)

However, they KNEW that no one else would notice him missing until they reported it. So they knew that they had plenty of time. :(

Does anyone in the local area seem to feel Kyron possibly wandered away?

If you could see the terrain around there, at this point if he wandered away it would not be good at all. :( Did he wander away and someone grabbed him and kept him? It's a possibility.

But, if he wandered away and got lost in blackberries or something, it would be years before he was found. :( The blackberries are not native plants and tend to take over. I have a friend whose dachshund wandered into a small row of blackberries and was never ever found.

Almost 30% of the students are transfers from other areas outside the school's boundaries.

Portland Public Schools allow families to apply through a lottery system to have their children attend another public school that is not their neighborhood school. It is a very, very common practice. Parents do this because they think another school is "better" or because they like the focus (alnguage immersion, arts, science, etc.) of the other school. The students who transfer in would be public school students from other neighborhoods. Transportation would be the responsibility of the parent.

This was my primary theory for the first four to five days: that he'd wandered off from school and got lost or tried to make his way home and got lost. I still think it's possible, and if that's what happened, I imagine he would be within a few miles of the school and won't be found for years. What's changed my mind is the LE not allowing civilian search groups and sending searchers to Sauvie Island (possibly based on cell phone pings).

No, I just don't "feel" that at all. I live a few miles away, but I have NEVER seen any searchers at all. I realize they were up there right after he has disappeared, but I never saw any down where I live just below. There has been NOTHING on the news except what you hear nationally. NOTHING from the school nor the school district. If my kid was lost at school, I would DEMAND answers publicly. NOTHING at all has been addressed. And LE did say this was an isolated incident, so that IMO means that they know who likely did this. AND the questionaire that LE released last week with TH pictures on it and questions relating to her and Kyron were only for Skyline students and parents, not even us neighbors. If they truly thought it was a stranger abduction, as a neighbor within a few miles, I think LE would have asked me if I knew or saw anything, even though I am not a Skyline parent.

I don't, because it just doesn't fit.
If you look at the sat. photos of the school, you can see that the property is first surrounded by farm fields, which are backed by forest.

None of the roads immediatly there, or on his way home, are pedestrian friendly *in the least*. freefallzzz posted a video someone had shot of traveling Cornelius Pass Rd by motorcycle, so you could get a feel for that road if you hadn't driven it. There is a deep canyon on the south side (right hand side if going from school to house).

IDK, it just doesn't add up. I tried it on early, and couldn't make sense of it. I don't think a kid would be attracted to it, and I don't think one could get there by accident.

No I don't think that's what happened and neither do any of my friends. His personality (as reported by media as well as confirmed by some who knew him here) don't support the idea he would wander off.

May I please ask has there been any searches done today and where were they done.

tonight on issues with jvm... michelle sigona reported that she talked with LE today and that searches were still being conducted on SI

tonight on issues with jvm... michelle sigona reported that she talked with LE today and that searches were still being conducted on SI
Thank you.I was just wanting to know where they were searching.If somewhere other than SI.

If we didn't have any clues from LE, then I would wonder why the Metro dump off HWY 30 wasn't mentioned, why Forest Park wasn't being discussed more, why all the tributary and dirt roads off Cornelius Pass, Skyline, Germantown, etc weren't in the news more.

I am local. I know all of these roads and areas. For years I vetted and considered purchasing property in the Skyline area. For the first couple of those years, I lived in a neighborhood where I used those roads (referenced in this case) to commute to work. Gorgeous, beyond gorgeous, scenery.

The drive from N. Portland out to Hillsboro is peaceful and fabulous. You can take the St John's Bridge to HWY 30, then Germantown, cross Skyline & Kaiser, and onto Cornelius Pass road. Cornelius Pass takes you to many employers out in Hillsboro.

I firmly believe that LE is searching Sauvie Island for a reason.

There is no way they would spend all their search time there if they did not have a reason to do so. LE is not only smart, trained, and focused, they also have a whole lot more info than we do about this case and their (albeit private) suspect.

Sauvie is huge. It is remote. It is gorgeous. It makes you glad to be alive. And on some days at certain times, it is sparsely populated. I have ridden my bike there on many occasions and it is zen. There is a 13-mile loop at the southern end, that I am familiar with; this is a small part of the overall island, but even that small 13-mile loop could afford someone AMPLE OPPORTUNITY to dispose of something or someone. Most of us would enjoy this piece of land for good reason, but not all people would.

Opportunity (in terms of a crime like this) on Sauvie means: privacy, terrain, and access. It is a (forgive me) great place to commit this kind of crime. BUT, don't be fooled: it is also very finite and a place to eventually get caught.

My hunch is that when LE began its laser focus on Sauvie (likely due to cell pings and alibi discrepancies), they had an idea of where to search there.

But, since they are not finding what they expected as soon as they expected, I do believe it would help (and they may be doing this) to bring back the 100s and 100s of Oregon/surrounding areas certified SAR volunteers to search the entire island more thoroughly. (Or any other area that LE might suspect could be part of the scene of the crime).

I am pulling for local LE as I believe in them and I think they will solve this case for little Kyron.

It is Kyron, in my opinion, who will end up being the hero (not in the dark knight hero kind of way) but one who tells (forensically) law enforcement a story that allows us to know who is killer was, and for LE to do something about it. There will be justice in this case.

Love,
A local who cares about Kyron, a sweet little boy that captured my heart on the news, and deserves the very best we have to offer

If we didn't have any clues from LE, then I would wonder why the Metro dump off HWY 30 wasn't mentioned, why Forest Park wasn't being discussed more, why all the tributary and dirt roads off Cornelius Pass, Skyline, Germantown, etc weren't in the news more.

I am local. I know all of these roads and areas. For years I vetted and considered purchasing property in the Skyline area. For the first couple of those years, I lived in a neighborhood where I used those roads (referenced in this case) to commute to work. Gorgeous, beyond gorgeous, scenery.

The drive from N. Portland out to Hillsboro is peaceful and fabulous. You can take the St John's Bridge to HWY 30, then Germantown, cross Skyline & Kaiser, and onto Cornelius Pass road. Cornelius Pass takes you to many employers out in Hillsboro.

I firmly believe that LE is searching Sauvie Island for a reason.

There is no way they would spend all their search time there if they did not have a reason to do so. LE is not only smart, trained, and focused, they also have a whole lot more info than we do about this case and their (albeit private) suspect.

Sauvie is huge. It is remote. It is gorgeous. It makes you glad to be alive. And on some days at certain times, it is sparsely populated. I have ridden my bike there on many occasions and it is zen. There is a 13-mile loop at the southern end, that I am familiar with; this is a small part of the overall island, but even that small 13-mile loop could afford someone AMPLE OPPORTUNITY to dispose of something or someone. Most of us would enjoy this piece of land for good reason, but not all people would.

Opportunity on Sauvie means: privacy, terrain, and access. It is a (forgive me) great place to commit this kind of crime. BUT, don't be fooled: it is also very finite and a place to eventually get caught.

My hunch is that when LE began its laser focus on Sauvie (likely due to cell pings and alibi discrepancies), they had an idea of where to search there.

But, since they are not finding what they expected as soon as they expected, I do believe it would help (and they may be doing this) to bring back the 100s and 100s of Oregon/surrounding areas certified SAR volunteers to search the entire island more thoroughly. (Or any other area that LE might suspect could be part of the scene of the crime).

I am pulling for local LE as I believe in them and I think they will solve this case for little Kyron.

It is Kyron, in my opinion, who will end up being the hero (not in the dark knight hero kind of way) who tells law enforcement a story that allows us to know who is killer was, and for LE to do something about it. There will be justice in this case.

Love,
A local who cares about Kyron, a sweet little boy that captured my heart and deserves the very best[/QUOTE
]

Above BBM. Caring Citizen, that was beautifully said and I pray that Kyron's mom will someday be able to see that her little boy was a hero(as you said not in our typical theatrical way)but better yet in a good prevails over evil way.By someway relaying to LE the story of what happened to him, therefore ensuring that good prevails over evil and that whoever it may be that Lady Justice be swift and firm when dealing out justice on behalf of Kyron.

tonight on isues with jvm, Michelle Sigona said that after talking with LE they said they were sill searching SI... fwiw

Above BBM. Caring Citizen, that was beautifully said and I pray that Kyron's mom will someday be able to see that her little boy was a hero(as you said not in our typical theatrical way)but better yet in a good prevails over evil way.By someway relaying to LE the story of what happened to him, therefore ensuring that good prevails over evil and that whoever it may be that Lady Justice be swift and firm when dealing out justice on behalf of Kyron.

You are so sweet Jessigirl to comment. I am very glad you captured my original post before I added the italics and bolds and a few extra words. My minor edits came afterwards to emphasize words and meaning - but I can tell from your response, that readers got that meaning the first time. I think, because, we are all on this search for justice for Kyron, together.

I believe, as do you, that good will prevail over evil/selfishness/bad. We are at a point in human history/evolution where our collective knowledge, facts, and sharing of all of that, will move us toward something better, as a group and as a family, so to speak.

Kyron is a beacon for us, in that sense.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NopeNopeNope
Back