*~* Questions for our locals *~*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Is this Science Fair something that occurs every year at the same time? Is this open to the public throughout the day?

I can't speak specific to Skyline but our school also has a science fair that is advertised on our billboard outside. It is usually held the same time every year and is not open to the public. The sign is only to keep parents informed of upcoming events. It only lasts a few hours and is not an all day event. The Science Fair at Skyline showed the hours for theirs to be from 8-10am.

This thread is for questions to our locals about the Portland area and what they have observed. Please stay on topic. :)

Locals - where generally is 'the Banks' where Kaine refers to a horse pasture? :

http://www.oregonlive.com/portland/index.ssf/2010/06/ground_search_resumes_this_mor.html

Banks is a town north and west of the Skyline area. It's west of Hwy 26 (which goes to the Oregon Coast). Skyline is east of 26. I've never been in Banks because the town is off the highway a bit --- all you really see from 26 is farmland. As you take 26 out of Portland and get past Hillsboro, it's a lot of farm land. Banks is about half an hour from where the school is.

If you look on the Skyline website, they have a calendar from a couple years ago. I can't remember exactly, but I believe the talent show was at the end of May. Too lazy to look up the science fair info.

To play devil's advocate here. She appeared to have it all until maybe 6 months or so ago. Since then she hasn't had her oldest son with her.

I think her change in appearance over this same time period may speak to things not being what they once had been. Maybe drinking again? Anything is possible, as this case has clearly shown.

I read an article that Terri H. sent her biological son home after Kyron disappeared. Is it possible he knows something? The reporter thought it odd behavior that Terri didn't want to have her children around her during this time. I don't know much about the teen son, can anyone shed some light to the relationship with teenage son and Terri H?

Any signs around area of LE SEARCHING? dive teams? dogs? on island area?

For our Oregon locals...wonder if anyone can help with these questions...thanks in advance!

How old does a child have to be to obtain a driving permit in OR? How old to drive a car/truck unsupervised? Any special rules for rural areas?

Would any public school districts in Oregon have been out for the summer by June 4 2010?

Do Boy Scouts in Oregon hold Scout camps on school days?...(as opposed to when school is out)

Again thanks

For our Oregon locals...wonder if anyone can help with these questions...thanks in advance!

How old does a child have to be to obtain a driving permit in OR? How old to drive a car/truck unsupervised?

Would any public school districts in Oregon have been out for the summer by June 4 2010?

Do Boy Scouts in Oregon hold Scout camps on school days?...(as opposed to when school is out)

Again thanks

I know this one. My child just got her learners permit when she turned 15. In Oregon you can get a license when you are 16 but it is limited as to the hours of operation and amount of underage passengers you can have.
I don't know about any schools that were out by June 4th and have no idea about Boy Scouts.

Again thanks

I do not know of any Oregon schools that were out by June 4th either.

My boys were in scouts and they didn't schedule any campouts on school days. However, each troop runs itself and that's not to say it can't happen.

Does Skyline school have any entrance large enough for and intended for vehicles to enter?

(Our school has such an entry for large van deliveries. )

ETA
Trying to figure out how Kyron could have been taken from the school and nobody saw him go.

How old does a child have to be to obtain a driving permit in OR? How old to drive a car/truck unsupervised? Any special rules for rural areas?

Again thanks

I'm not local but I'm licensed to Google.

Driving permit:
As an Oregon teen at least 15 years old, you may obtain a learner permit and earn a provisional driver license on your way to becoming an experienced driver. The permit and provisional license give you limited driving privileges so you can learn to drive. Once you have had your provisional license for a year, or you turn 18, you will earn your regular Class C license and be free to drive anytime.
https://www.dmv.org/or-oregon/drivers-training.php

Schools: See calendar at http://www.pps.k12.or.us/upcoming-events/index.htm#/?i=1 for high schools that graduated June 3 and June 4. Last day of school for non-high school June 15. (ETA: I had to move the calendar back to June; it opens on July.)

Boy Scouts/Scout Camps:
http://www.southernoregon.com/non-profit/southeast.html

http://pt-br.facebook.com/otcbsa (Talks about Camp Baker Beaver Day, June 5, 2010)

Maybe there is information there on the specific Boy Scout troop for whose activities you are wondering about.

Has the general population gotten over their anger/frustration over the "controlled" media meetings of a couple weeks ago, now that new information has come out? (Was re-reading the last few pages of this thread.)

May I please ask did someone hear something like this on the news just now.

Ms S; I missed it last night, but my DH said that is what he heard on KGW news last night. When pressed, he said it was a retired captain (not on the investigation) who said it; I asked if it was CW Jensen & he thinks not, so I don't know.. he's useless, lol.
I did not find it on their site, but I haven't looked this afternoon.

I'm surprised to see someone else post about it.. is it being discussed in another thread here?

Anyone been to Kyron's Wall of Hope?

Has Terri left anything or sent anything(balloons, flowers, etc)?

Has TH moved out of KH house???
Are her parents still with her??

Does Skyline school have any entrance large enough for and intended for vehicles to enter?

(Our school has such an entry for large van deliveries. )

ETA
Trying to figure out how Kyron could have been taken from the school and nobody saw him go.

Simple answer, no.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NopeNopeNope