*~* Questions for our locals *~*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Has TH moved out of KH house???
Are her parents still with her??

First part--there is a hearing on July 22 to determine IF she has to move, and if the judge grants Kaine his request, then I imagine Terri has a certain amount of time to get out.

Second part--I don't know.

First part--there is a hearing on July 22 to determine IF she has to move, and if the judge grants Kaine his request, then I imagine Terri has a certain amount of time to get out.

Second part--I don't know.

The RO hearing was schedule for 7/13, has that been moved? (I saw the public records but don't have access right now, obviously)

Are there any searches going on there? I keep wondering if people are still looking.

Do locals fear this could happen to another child?
or do they believe it is an isolated case?
Does the community think it s Th and another person?

Do locals fear this could happen to another child?
or do they believe it is an isolated case?
Does the community think it s Th and another person?

Amongst my friends and family, we do believe it's isolated and most of us do believe it was TH (or that TH knows who did it, and set them up to do it, or some variation of that).

The RO hearing was schedule for 7/13, has that been moved? (I saw the public records but don't have access right now, obviously)

According to the Oregonian:

"A hearing has been set for July 22 at 1:30 p.m. , giving Terri Horman a chance to argue why the Court should not kick her from their home."

http://www.oregonlive.com/portland/index.ssf/2010/07/judge_releases_restraining_ord.html#incart_mce

ETA: It will be interesting to see if her criminal attorney addresses this, or if she has got a family law attorney yet, or if she will try to argue the motion herself!

Last I heard (via the news approx 3-4 days ago), it's the 22nd. I've never heard that it's the 13th.

According to the Oregonian:

"A hearing has been set for July 22 at 1:30 p.m. , giving Terri Horman a chance to argue why the Court should not kick her from their home."

http://www.oregonlive.com/portland/index.ssf/2010/07/judge_releases_restraining_ord.html#incart_mce

ETA: It will be interesting to see if her criminal attorney addresses this, or if she has got a family law attorney yet, or if she will try to argue the motion herself!

Or, she might move out on her own...

Question for locals... regarding the video surveillance that was collected from local stores:

Can anyone describe what the areas are like where these stores are located?

I'm curious to know if they are: located in or near questionable areas/neighborhoods or located in frequently populated relatively "safe" areas.

TIA.

Question for locals... regarding the video surveillance that was collected from local stores:

I'm curious to know if they are: located in or near questionable areas/neighborhoods or located in frequently populated relatively "safe" areas.

TIA.

I drove past the Fred Meyer on Imbrie in Hillsboro last Saturday night--I was out at the Hillsboro Stadium and drove down Imbrie on my way out. It's a nice, newer-looking shopping area (Starbucks, Panda Express, etc.) that borders an office park. Looking at a map just now, I see an LA Fitness across Imbrie from Fred Meyer. Hmm.

Don't know about the Albertson's; I don't get out that direction very often (I'm an eastside girl at heart). I know traffic out that way gives me a huge headache, though.

TIA.

Suburbia Heaven. :)

"Good" neighborhoods.

Anyone been to Kyron's Wall of Hope?

Has Terri left anything or sent anything(balloons, flowers, etc)?

I was out there yesterday and took a few pictures, went back today w/balloons and little frog and better camera..
I'm putting together album and will post in a bit up in the pictures area..

I did not see anything from TH..
Quite a few cards, notes, etc. addressed not only to Kyron but also to Kaine and Desiree..

Today while I was there a family brought their two toddler son's who brought teddy bears (one looked like he was giving his "favorite" one to Kyron) and books, and placed them up by the fence..
I wanted so bad to take a picture, as it would have been an awesome one, but I could tell the family wanted their privacy and I respected that..

Also, I did see a man saying a quiet prayer and do the sign of the cross..

Over in the playground area a family came to visit and many children were playing out in the sun =)

Sunday Nite 10pm Channel 12 News:

Hope for Kyron being alive as there is spotting of him on East Coast.

PS: This is last nights news I think, proven not to be Kyron. If it is new I'll make a thread for it. Holy Moly, eh?

It was last nights news
But the family did release a statement today saying they won't be speaking to the media this week unless something happens. They are starting up a website to sell tee's, wristbands, etc and it should be up soon. They think this is a way to expose Kyron to the national media as last night's negative sighting shows people throughout the country have their eyes looking for him. LE expects to have a very busy week working on the case.
xox
That was the jist of it !

Sunday Nite 10pm Channel 12 News:

Hope for Kyron being alive as there is spotting of him on East Coast.

PS: This is last nights news I think, proven not to be Kyron. If it is new I'll make a thread for it. Holy Moly, eh?

It was last nights news
But the family did release a statement today saying they won't be speaking to the media this week unless something happens. They are starting up a website to sell tee's, wristbands, etc and it should be up soon. They think this is a way to expose Kyron to the national media as last night's negative sighting shows people throughout the country have their eyes looking for him. LE expects to have a very busy week working on the case.
xox
That was the jist of it !

KGW had a statement from KH and DY saying they were cancelling their media events due to heavy law enforcement obligations in the coming week. I've been waiting for them to update their website but they still haven't.
Wondering what their law enforcement obligations are? Is something going on behind the scenes? I hope we find out more this week, something from LE for a change.

KGW had a statement from KH and DY saying they were cancelling their media events due to heavy law enforcement obligations in the coming week. I've been waiting for them to update their website but they still haven't.
Wondering what their law enforcement obligations are? Is something going on behind the scenes? I hope we find out more this week, something from LE for a change.
Hi DairyGirl, I almost felt like Channel 12 baited the public tonight about Kyron's story to get viewers not to turn that dial! Crimanee, they covered 3 or 4 stories before they got to his.

It will be an interesting week. Looks like the Sheriff has more decisions to make.

Racking my brain, I can only surmise that LE has allot on their plate next week with the investigation - maybe tests due back, and bet part of the plan is to catch Terri offguard with the sudden silence of Desiree and Kaine.

Truthfully I think it is all part of the strategy LE has going to get Terri to open up. I think they have some of the best experienced behavior analysists [sp] working with them who have formulated the best plan.

It also could be they are very close to tagging the accomplice, the LS ??? Some posters have stated they think he will be arrested this week. I just hope it moves quickly now to get Kyron back home. xox

Last I heard (via the news approx 3-4 days ago), it's the 22nd. I've never heard that it's the 13th.

The RO was scheduled on the OJIN website for July 13th. I believe that date is separate from a motion for TH to vacate the home or anything else. The RO hearing date may have changed, I haven't checked in 5 days. Info from a Women's Law about restraining orders is below with link (bolding by me):

http://www.womenslaw.org/laws_state_type.php?id=577&state_code=OR&open_id=11646#content-4175

What will happen when I file for a restraining order?

When you go to the court to file for a restraining order, the judge might give you a temporary restraining order. A temporary restraining order is a court order designed to provide you and your family members with immediate protection from the abuser. You may receive a temporary restraining order as soon as you file your petition, without the abuser present in court.

The temporary restraining order is legal as soon as the court grants it. However, it cannot be enforced until the abuser has been served with notice of the order. A sheriff or another qualified person will serve the abuser with a copy of the order.

After the respondent (the abuser) receives the temporary restraining order, he has 30 days to ask for a hearing. If the abuser asks for a hearing, it must be held within 21 days of that request. If the abuser contests (fights) the temporary order, then you will have a court hearing to determine if the temporary restraining order will continue.

Once issued, your (permanent) restraining order is in effect for one year unless:

1. the order is dismissed or modified by the court;
2. it is dismissed earlier by the court at your request; or
3. the court renews it at your request, whichever comes first.*

Note: At the time you file your petition for a temporary restraining order, the judge may schedule an "exceptional circumstances" hearing. See What is an exceptional circumstances hearing?

Oregon also has what are called stalking protection orders, which are court orders that are designed to stop someone from harassing you (or your family members). Read more about stalking orders here: What is a stalking protection order?

You may be able to get both a stalking protection order and a temporary restraining order, if both apply to your situation.

*O.R.S. § 107.718(3)
** O.R.S. § 107.718(2)
Did you find this information helpful?
back to topWhat is an exceptional circumstances hearing?

When you file a restraining order, an "exceptional circumstances" hearing will be scheduled if the judge determines that there are issues affecting the custody of your child(ren). The judge will order that this hearing be held within 14 days. At this hearing, the judge will ask both you and the respondent to appear and provide additional information about the circumstances of your children and your contact with them. For example, the judge may order such a hearing if you are not the usual and primary caretaker of the children, or if your request for custody conflicts with a previous order of the court in another matter.*

* O.R.S. § 107.718(2)

OK, I'm beating a dead horse here, but I'm hoping by putting it in this thread it might be seen by more people. People keep referring to the area that this is taking place in as a "small community" and speculating how that might affect the case one way or another. As you might have noticed, I'm kind of picky about accuracy. :angel:

The way I understand the area (I'm from Oregon and pretty keen on geography), the Skyline area is merely suburban Portland, though it is often referred to as "rural Multnomah county" aka not within Portland's urban growth boundary. I also know by checking GNIS that there is no officially named "place" of Skyline, Oregon.

My impression is that the place is like any other suburb--people driving everywhere, not interacting with their neighbors--and not a place where people rub elbows at the local diner. In other words, more impersonal than personal.

So for those of you in the neighborhood--is there a "there there"? i.e. a town center of some sort, even a crossroads with an old store/gas station? Or is it just the former church and the school? What gives the area a sense of identity? Can it really be referred to as a small community? Has that been in print somewhere or is it just being inferred?

Sorry I'm so wordy. :redface: I'm off to look at the Skyline Neighbors website to see if I can answer my own question.

ETA: Also curious why people seem to think this is some sort of isolated hinterland. Is it?

OK, I'm beating a dead horse here, but I'm hoping by putting it in this thread it might be seen by more people. People keep referring to the area that this is taking place in as a "small community" and speculating how that might affect the case one way or another. As you might have noticed, I'm kind of picky about accuracy. :angel:

The way I understand the area (I'm from Oregon and pretty keen on geography), the Skyline area is merely suburban Portland, though it is often referred to as "rural Multnomah county" aka not within Portland's urban growth boundary. I also know by checking GNIS that there is no officially named "place" of Skyline, Oregon.

My impression is that the place is like any other suburb--people driving everywhere, not interacting with their neighbors--and not a place where people rub elbows at the local diner. In other words, more impersonal than personal.

So for those of you in the neighborhood--is there a "there there"? i.e. a town center of some sort, even a crossroads with an old store/gas station? Or is it just the former church and the school? What gives the area a sense of identity? Can it really be referred to as a small community? Has that been in print somewhere or is it just being inferred?

Sorry I'm so wordy. :redface: I'm off to look at the Skyline Neighbors website to see if I can answer my own question.

ETA: Also curious why people seem to think this is some sort of isolated hinterland. Is it?

lol at your edit.. that is MY department! :D

It would help if we had a common place I could compare you with. I think you're more accurately pegged it as suburban Portland.
The community is not like what I experience as 'community' in the inner city, where I have neighbors all around, all of us on 50x100 lots. As you've seen in the pictures, there's dense forest all around the homes where the Horman house is, BUT, if you use the satellite map (handy link in my sig) you can see between the school and Hwy 26, tremendous amounts of infill housing.. this is all fairly new (past 10/15 years).

When I was in HS, my parents lived not far from the Sylvan exit area of Portland, and my sister's bf lived at 185th; I used to drive him home some evenings. At that time, it was like going to the country.. it was out in the boon-toolies if you know what I mean. Now, it's just another exit (Tannesborne shopping center) in a long string of Portland outposts. People who live there are on the cusp of identifying as "Portlanders" vs Beaverton or Hillsboro. It is key, I think, that the Skyline school dist feeds into Lincoln HS, which is right in downtown Portland.

It's just on the edge of rural, and people unfamiliar with the UGB might not appreciate how different the designation can be.

Actually, it's really hard to explain!

I think I'll say: the *school* community is tight.. the 300 or so families interact via school (much like we would ID the school 'community' at any of our city schools). There is no central meeting area I'm aware of, it's a high car-use area, big shopping center lots etc, have to use freeway or bigger roads, lots of new housing developments. I would say all sense if community identity you've read about is related to the school community.

Hi, I think it is an isolated hinterland of sorts as it is devoid of any commercial zoning I can see and draws from it's surrounding towns to the west along Hwy 26 for shopping. Teeny little Burlington down on Hwy 26 on the way to Linton seems to have more commercial then I have seen on that Skyline hill area.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NopeNopeNope
Back