Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Do you know how this was resolved BB?
Did JR also say she was wearing a red top to LA/French on Dec 26th?
Was PR ever asked (as far as we know) why she made this statement that was incorrect to LA/French?
Or did she just deny ever having said that and if so when/how did she deny it - was it through her lawyer perhaps?
And the same for reading to JB, how and when did JR change his story to say they had it wrong and he had read to himself?

John never actually said he read to her: this is a myth born from a run on sentence. What John said (and if someone finds the quote that would be awesome, at work on mobile) is that he "put the kids to bed, read and went to bed" meaning he read before going to sleep. I will add the quote later if no one else does.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Is that correct? Or did you mean to type JR's computer?

There are a couple of interesting items in the old chat log. Here's the link for the curious. http://webdollie.tripod.com/03061999wrowIRC.txt

The excerpt about the email is very brief:
<Texas1> Lisa........would you also ask Lance to ask about the email and Burke?
<Starling> There is a tab story that says an email was sent from one of the computers in the house the night of the murder.
<Starling> Burke is taking the heat for it

John never actually said he read to her: this is a myth born from a run on sentence. What John said (and if someone finds the quote that would be awesome, at work on mobile) is that he "put the kids to bed, read and went to bed" meaning he read before going to sleep. I will add the quote later if no one else does.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

As I understand it he said that in his 1997 interview, but on the 26th Dec he told officers he had read to both children before putting them to bed. I believe it's in ST's IRMI book.

Something I think doesn't receive enough attention in this case is the film roll on the Ramseys' camera from Christmas morning. Haney questions both parents about a photo on there of the back staircase that appears to show the notepad the ransom note was written on taken that Christmas morning (before the crime). John says he took a few photos to finish off the roll and that was one of these throwaway photos. LE clearly find something notable about what this photo shows compared with photos taken of the same area by crime scene technicians just a day later. John and Patsy's responses to Haney's questions about this photo are interesting, to say the least.

Patsy attempts to dismiss the photo showing the notepad, saying that they had lots of pads like that around the house and it might not be the same one. John, on the other hand, says it is probably the notepad he handed to investigators that morning when asked for handwriting exemplars. As we know, this pad was shown to be the one on which the ransom note and practice were written. Why do you think LE was focusing on this photo? Does it show the notepad placed in an identical and perhaps unconventional way in both photos, suggesting that an intruder didn't handle it that night? There is something here, but it gets overlooked. This case has always been about the small things, in my opinion.

I'd find it hard to believe that they would not have called an ambulance if that was the case.

So instead of calling for an ambulance they decide to garrote her?

I'm not sure that falling downstairs would split a skull in two. I can't say for sure, but it would probably be more likely that she would have broken her neck.

I can see only one reason they didn't call for an ambulance - because they could see she had been garrotted. How could they explain that away to the police?

They HAD to invent an intruder - to save their son (and their millionaire lifestyle)

Very valid points. My suggestion wasn't meant to be too serious. Just a thought that crossed my mind.

I do believe that if JB was accidentally hit on the head and that was the only injury she had, they would have called an ambulance straight away. No matter the consequences, if there was even a small chance she was still alive, they would have taken it.

For an ambulance to not be called, I think both the head injury and the garroting would have had to occur to confirm JB had already died.

Just my thoughts.

Something I think doesn't receive enough attention in this case is the film roll on the Ramseys' camera from Christmas morning. Haney questions both parents about a photo on there of the back staircase that appears to show the notepad the ransom note was written on taken that Christmas morning (before the crime). John says he took a few photos to finish off the roll and that was one of these throwaway photos. LE clearly find something notable about what this photo shows compared with photos taken of the same area by crime scene technicians just a day later. John and Patsy's responses to Haney's questions about this photo are interesting, to say the least.

Patsy attempts to dismiss the photo showing the notepad, saying that they had lots of pads like that around the house and it might not be the same one. John, on the other hand, says it is probably the notepad he handed to investigators that morning when asked for handwriting exemplars. As we know, this pad was shown to be the one on which the ransom note and practice were written. Why do you think LE was focusing on this photo? Does it show the notepad placed in an identical and perhaps unconventional way in both photos, suggesting that an intruder didn't handle it that night? There is something here, but it gets overlooked. This case has always been about the small things, in my opinion.

Or, does it show the ransom note starting with Mr. and Mrs. I?

Anything that raises red flags for LE would raise red flags for me too.

Why would the officers lie?

And John and Patsy's memories of the night before would have been fresh in their minds when they were talking to the police officers on that fateful morning.

Their reports contradicted what the Ramsey's later said. The attack was to challenge LE's memories and to present the argument that their reports were full of hearsay. Some statements in their reports were unsourced. LA didn't complete her report in a reasonable amount of time. But if they were to lie, they lied to promote their conclusion that the Ramseys were guilty. Paula says that John and Patsy weren't behaving oddly that morning and that the police reports can't trusted. This, of course, is complete nonsense. No matter how Paula tried to rewrite that morning, John and Patsy were not sitting side by side and consoling each other. As I recall, John said he left Patsy alone because her friends were there for comfort so even John's recollection of that morning supports the police reports. I, for one, don't believe what John said when he tried to explain his behavior that morning. There's an intent to deceive here.

I trust the reports of the LE. The attempt to attack the LE reports is more of a legal argument for trial.

PR worked really hard on the notepad evasion
found alot of ramnesia and out right lies in her steve thomas interview in april 97.

ST: The note was written from a pad inside the home.
PR: It was?
ST: UH-huh.
PR: Oh, I didn&#8217;t know that

nice try :crazy:

found alot of ramnesia and out right lies in her steve thomas interview in april 97.

PR: Oh, I didn’t know that

The couple must have thought the police were even more stupid than they actually turned out to be. They must have thought they had covered all the bases and were home dry.

It obviously did not occur to them that the police may take the notepad and look right the way through it.

I wouldn't mind betting that when the police officer (Whitson?) told JR he wanted handwriting samples John went out into the hall and handed him the (innocent) pad - but Whitson had already picked up the pad from the kitchen because he saw Patsy's scribblings and doodles on it. He put both pads in the evidence bag.

PR: Oh, I didn’t know that

This is the first time I've seen the term "ramnesia" and I love it!

Those two sets of photos are quite a mystery. I read somewhere in one photo which was taken just before the morning photos of the kids near the Christmas tree, the notepad was captured on the counter near the spiral staircase ..However the same notepad having Patsy's writing samples was taken out a drawer to be handed to LE in the morning hours of the crime.
If I find the link, I'll post it.

Better late than never. I just finally watched, on youtube, the two lifetime specials. The JonBenet movie and then the special about Patsy.

In the Patsy special, before the 30 minute mark, the detective interviews Burke. It looks like they are sitting on the floor and Burke is playing a video game. I couldn't tell if that was actual footage of Burke or a reenactment. My screen was tiny.

If it is real footage why is Burke wearing Jonbenet ' s socks? Or socks way too small for him? Struck me as very odd. Moo.

????

Those two sets of photos are quite a mystery. I read somewhere in one photo which was taken just before the morning photos of the kids near the Christmas tree, the notepad was captured on the counter near the spiral staircase ..However the same notepad having Patsy's writing samples was taken out a drawer to be handed to LE in the morning hours of the crime.
If I find the link, I'll post it.

"Huge if true" as they say. There's no way the parents would know where the pad was if the assiduous intruder put the pad away for them -- he even put the pen back in its place!

On Christmas morning the pads were out and on a table in the hall. Where did he get them from on 12/26? The table or the kitchen?

On Christmas morning the pads were out and on a table in the hall. Where did he get them from on 12/26? The table or the kitchen?

I know it's in the literature somewhere. Honestly, I think this is one of those clues that removes any vestige of IDI that remains. I'm hoping we can work together to explore this issue. A lot of the forensic stuff is either inconclusive or beyond our ken, but the film roll and the whereabouts of the pad that morning are things we can ascertain.

I think THE notepad was left on the kitchen counter. It probably would not have crossed the R's minds that it may be taken as evidence, and even less that the cops would flick through the blank pages to the middle.

When Whitson asked John for a notepad he went to the hall and took the one that was there but Whitson had already picked up the one from the kitchen. Both were bagged as evidence.

From FF:
"Upon request, Ramsey provided Whitson with handwriting samples for both him and his wife. He grabbed a note-pad from the kitchen area that he apparently knew to contain samples of his wife's handwriting and wrote a sentence on another pad of paper as his own exemplar."

From FF:
"Upon request, Ramsey provided Whitson with handwriting samples for both him and his wife. He grabbed a note-pad from the kitchen area that he apparently knew to contain samples of his wife's handwriting and wrote a sentence on another pad of paper as his own exemplar."

I think JR told people he that he gave the pads over. But we know our JR doesn't always tell the truth don't we? Whitson's evidence cannot be trusted either because when he wrote his book it was all one-sided for the Ramseys.

Here is a question I'd like an answer to:

Does anyone know how long it takes for the body of a deceased person to begin to smell? I've tried to google it to no avail. I ask because of this reason: would there have been a smell when FW opened the wine cellar door around 6 am? I suppose it's somewhat of an impossible question because we don't definitively know when the TOD was for JBR.

Here is a question I'd like an answer to:

Does anyone know how long it takes for the body of a deceased person to begin to smell? I've tried to google it to no avail. I ask because of this reason: would there have been a smell when FW opened the wine cellar door around 6 am? I suppose it's somewhat of an impossible question because we don't definitively know when the TOD was for JBR.

I was wondering the same thing.

When you buy meat from a supermarket (and it isn't kept refrigerated) it doesn't begin to smell for a very long time, does it?

I'm a vegetarian btw.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member