Questions you'd like answers to...

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm going to see if I can link the part of the CBS show with the 911 audio analysis, if it doesn't work, it's from 12:45 to 14:35
[video]https://youtu.be/kBUQO2u-eD4?t=12m45s[/video]

Two things I want to add to the discussion re analyzing the enhanced 911 audio:

1. Use headphones. Don't even bother if you are trying to do it from speakers. Get some decent headphones that wrap around the ears.
2. Work from the CBS audio. It's the best we have access to. They weren't "play acting" any more than you were the first time you heard the voices.

I see a few of you have already figured out there's more syllables there than what has been reported. None of you have the actual words right yet in my humble opinion, but you're on the right track in so far as realizing the reported words are wrong and that there are more syllables than reported.

I agree. I've never been able to discern what the voices are saying but the fact that Burke's voice is present at all speaks a thousand words.

1. Use headphones. Don't even bother if you are trying to do it from speakers. Get some decent headphones that wrap around the ears.
2. Work from the CBS audio. It's the best we have access to. They weren't "play acting" any more than you were the first time you heard the voices.

I see a few of you have already figured out there's more syllables there than what has been reported. None of you have the actual words right yet in my humble opinion, but you're on the right track in so far as realizing the reported words are wrong and that there are more syllables than reported.

Do tell! Oh the suspense.

BBM
Am I the only one here who is mumbling to myself?

Yes, she most certainly was play-acting (well, at least she was during the call in chief). Of course she was - we all know there was no kidnapping, so that was all a great big act. Oh! The Drama!

I'm not willing to invest in some new headphones. I don't have the time, patience, or where-with-all for this, when the real issue is - her voice changed, there are words after she thought she ended the call, and we can hear both JR's and BR's voices. I'll just leave this to all of you for now.

BBM
Am I the only one here who is mumbling to myself?

Yes, she most certainly was play-acting (well, at least she was during the call in chief). Of course she was - we all know there was no kidnapping, so that was all a great big act. Oh! The Drama!

I'm not willing to invest in some new headphones. I don't have the time, patience, or where-with-all for this, when the real issue is - her voice changed, there are words after she thought she ended the call, and we can hear both JR's and BR's voices. I'll just leave this to all of you for now.

I could be wrong but I think Disgusted was referring to the CBS crew analysing the tape as 'not play acting', as opposed to Patsy Ramsey.

I could be wrong but I think Disgusted was referring to the CBS crew analysing the tape as 'not play acting', as opposed to Patsy Ramsey.
Oh. Thank you, Tortoise. :facepalm:

And yes, I did make a recent comment about the CBS special and how I thought the cast on that program was just more-or-less going through the motions of analyzing the 911 call (because of course they already knew it had been analyzed in the past). This reenactment was more effective than just telling the audience about something, imo.

Anyway, my apologies to Disgusted (and everyone else) for misinterpreting.

Maybe someone can help with this little issue:

IIRC JR said that he carried JBR upstairs to her bed, took off her coat and shoes and then PR dressed her for bed. Right?

Then, why is it that JBR's coat (the one she wore Christmas night) was in the back seat of the Jaguar in the garage? (See PR's interview, page 339, lines 17,18).

Maybe I am not remembering JR's statements correctly.

Then, this:

JR's leather, fur lined, jacket was hanging on the back of one of the kitchen stools and PR said the name of the fur was unusual. (PR's interview, page 358, lines 24, 25). Is this the odd fur found on JBR? Maybe it was not from the 'fur lined' boots that PR reportedly owned?

Well- I just tried listening to all the drop box versions that were linked using my daughters skullcandy hesh 2 headphones. All I can definitively hear is "what did you do?" It sounds like JR's voice IMHO. Maybe JR was not ready for the 911 call yet. That's all I could make out but believe there is much more to it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well- I just tried listening to all the drop box versions that were linked using my daughters skullcandy hesh 2 headphones. All I can definitively hear is "what did you do?" It sounds like JR's voice IMHO. Maybe JR was not ready for the 911 call yet. That's all I could make out but believe there is much more it.

The link above isn't working for me, but this one is. [video=youtube;izUi0zZFZ5M]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=izUi0zZFZ5M[/video]

Using my son's ridiculously expensive headphones, I can now hear everything the CBS crew heard, with the exception of "What did you do?" I hear something, but it's not clear enough for me to say.

I hear Patsy saying "Help me, Jesus"

And John saying "We're not speaking to you".

And there is now no doubt in my mind that a child is saying "What DID you find?

As for Burke's question, I'm guessing he didn't know anything about the ransom letter.

The link above isn't working for me, but this one is. [video=youtube;izUi0zZFZ5M]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=izUi0zZFZ5M[/video]

Using my son's ridiculously expensive headphones, I can now hear everything the CBS crew heard, with the exception of "What did you do?" I hear something, but it's not clear enough for me to say.

I hear Patsy saying "Help me, Jesus"

And John saying "We're not speaking to you".

And there is now no doubt in my mind that a child is saying "What DID you find?

As for Burke's question, I'm guessing he didn't know anything about the ransom letter.

From your link I hear the same. If the R's were honest from the get go we would not be relishing these few moments of honesty amongst the family. Grrr

I still can't wrap my head around that their first priority was to stage a kidnapping hoax. The first thing I would have done was to call for medical help - even if my daughter appeared dead. You can sure tell where their priorities were.

From your link I hear the same. If the R's were honest from the get go we would not be relishing these few moments of honesty amongst the family. Grrr

Very true.

Burke will be hearing this during his deposition/depositions soon when they get to the part where he says he'd remember if he were there for the call (as he told Dr. Phil) and John will be hearing it when confronted with his repeated claim that Burke was absolutely not there when the call was made.

Woody through his stand-ins will have to claim the tape has been tampered with.

Very true.

Burke will be hearing this during his deposition/depositions soon when they get to the part where he says he'd remember if he were there for the call (as he told Dr. Phil) and John will be hearing it when confronted with his repeated claim that Burke was absolutely not there when the call was made.

Woody through his stand-ins will have to claim the tape has been tampered with.
:thumb: And this is good. Let me pick your brain a bit: Won't they likely requisition and be allowed a clean copy from BPD for this, HarmonyE.? and won't the CBS attorneys likely have their people send it for analysis?

I so hope CBS doesn't opt to settle this out.

Could be "help me through this" or "help me do this" rather than "help me Jesus"

I dunno, it's driving me a little bit mad now.

:thumb: And this is good. Let me pick your brain a bit: Won't they likely requisition and be allowed a clean copy from BPD for this, HarmonyE.? and won't the CBS attorneys likely have their people send it for analysis?

I so hope CBS doesn't opt to settle this out.

I'm not sure. CBS will need an enhanced version to prove Burke is on the tape. Does the BPD even have a clean copy?

Could be "help me through this" or "help me do this" rather than "help me Jesus"

I dunno, it's driving me a little bit mad now.

It's driven me mad for years. I hear different words every time I listen to it, but there is one thing I know I hear - it's Burke!!!

One thing that occurred to me was that when the operator asked Patsy who the note was from, she didn't ask John who it was from, his voice isn't there. That would be the most natural thing to do if he was there crouched over the note reading it.

I'm not sure. CBS will need an enhanced version to prove Burke is on the tape. Does the BPD even have a clean copy?
eek! I don't know. At least I guess they have the original and the enhanced version from Aerospace Corp.. ? One would think that technology has improved in the last 20 years and something could be done with a good copy of those, right? Right? I know, it's wishful thinking probably.

eek! I don't know. At least I guess they have the original and the enhanced version from Aerospace Corp.. ? One would think that technology has improved in the last 20 years and something could be done with a good copy of those, right? Right? I know, it's wishful thinking probably.

This is from Foreign Faction:
I had listened to the CD of the 911 call and couldn’t quite make out the voices that others had heard, so I decided to contact the California lab that had worked on enhancing the tape. (I have to admit that my hearing has somewhat degraded over the years due to the many hours spent on firearms ranges.) I wanted to know if there was any new technology that could further clarify the voices caught on the tail end of the recording. I had called Mike Epstein at the Aerospace Corporation just prior to the Thanksgiving holidays, and he advised me that he had not completed any additional work on the tape since first being contacted by Boulder investigators in 1997. He indicated that he didn’t think they had missed a word that had been said on the tape and was willing to send another master copy of the CD for my review. I was not certain which generation of recording was in my hands at the D.A.’ s office, and it was my desire to have a cleaner, fresher generation that could be reviewed. I was disappointed to hear during my gathering of information that technology had not changed and that the same “tool set” being used in the entertainment industry in 1997 was still state of the art in 2005.
He ends saying he was waiting for the CD to come in the mail but I can't find any reference to what happened when he received it using Kindle's search function. So I assume the 2005 enhancement wasn't remarkably different from the 1997 one. But who knows what they could do in 2016.

Okay, I took up the challenge and with headphones on and some additional speed and audio adjustments gave it a good hundred listens. First, I would also suggest to anyone wanting to attempt the same experiment that they cut the clip into four parts- one for each phrase as they are each pretty different audio-wise.

First phrase- stern sounding male: "Can I speak with you?"
Second phrase- dramatic female: "Help me through this..." (Glad to see Tortoise heard this as well)
Third phrase- female, continued: "Holy Jesus."
Fourth phrase- curious child: "Well, is (s)he found?"

The third phrase is the hardest- with some adjustments I heard very clearly "el-ee des-tee" whatever that could be. I'm most certain with the first. If this is accurate, it would depend on who John was addressing. I think it would be Patsy. Something that only just came to mind with this hearing- whether he knew what was going on at that moment or not, you think he would want to go over the call to 911 that just occurred. I don't believe he was listening in on another line (or is this incorrect?) and so, he didn't hear anything the operator had said, only Patsy's hysterics. He would want to know what was asked and what was being done (again, whether he was an accomplice yet or not.) Patsy doesn't seem to have slowed down and given him the chance to catch up as she immediately called in reinforcements.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member