Questions you'd like answers to...

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
John was a member of Lockheed Martin's corporate family. They'd look out for one of their own. I'm not sure that any ransom or reward would actually come out of his pocket.

One of the many curiosities of this case for me has been the role of the Stines. They weren't considered to be as close to the Ramseys as the Whites or the Fernies, yet they would become their closest allies after the murder. They relocated to Atlanta with them where Glen would go to work for John's new company and Susan Stine was even caught impersonating Beckner in emails to the press! I know there is a theory that their son was involved in JonBenet's death, but there is precious little to go on. It is notable that the Stines were not among the families called by Patsy after the 911 call, isn't it?

I don't know anything about the Stines. What was their net worth at the time of the murder? How much did they make on an annual basis? None of this is any of my business. They may have been getting close to the Ramseys for friendship or there could have been ambition. Glen would go to work for John's new company. What were their job prospects in Boulder? Were they on solid or shaky ground? Friendship or ambition?

I don't know anything about the Stines. What was their net worth at the time of the murder? How much did they make on an annual basis? None of this is any of my business. They may have been getting close to the Ramseys for friendship or there could have been ambition. Glen would go to work for John's new company. What were their job prospects in Boulder? Were they on solid or shaky ground? Friendship or ambition?

Hi Bold Bear. Susan Stine was well employed in some capacity I can't recall at the moment but can research, and Glen Stine was VP of Budget and Finance at U. of Colorado. He holds degrees from Michigan State, UNC-Chapel Hill, and Harvard. JR's new company in Atlanta - Jaleo - folded, and Stine went on to other successful positions. Interestingly, he omitted employment with JR from his resume. Apologies for not posting source links; it's just info I remember from threads here and at FFJ.

Sure, BoldBear, but we're making everything our business here. :wink: Sleuthing.

It seems odd to me that Susan PitBull Stine became PR's most ardent supporter and even went so far as to commit fraud by sending emails posing as Chief Beckner under the email addy becknerbpd@hotmail.com
imo, she should have been prosecuted. Once again, BPD's rationale for not pursuing criminal charges was lame.
http://www.acandyrose.com/s-susan-n-glenn-stine.htm

One of the odd-bods on T*pix suggested that the Stine's son was due to go to Charlevoix with the R's the following day and the R's had picked him up when they dropped off the Stine's Christmas gift that evening. I think the suggestion was that both boys killed JBR.

But of course that means that the Stine boy (forgotten his name, I'm terrible with names) would have been there in the morning.

Doug. I think our bluecrab's theory was something about Doug being involved and riding a bicycle home in the middle of the night.

I've always wondered why Officer French has remained silent all these years. I know he gave GJ testimony so he's bound to secrecy about specifics, but it's still odd nobody has interviewed him. He was the first officer on the scene and the first to note that "something didn't seem right." He probably feels unnecessary guilt about not finding JonBenet that morning, but it's entirely possible she wasn't behind the wine cellar door at the time he neglected to open it.

I've always wondered why Officer French has remained silent all these years. I know he gave GJ testimony so he's bound to secrecy about specifics, but it's still odd nobody has interviewed him. He was the first officer on the scene and the first to note that "something didn't seem right." He probably feels unnecessary guilt about not finding JonBenet that morning, but it's entirely possible she wasn't behind the wine cellar door at the time he neglected to open it.

She would have been beyond saving even if he had found her. As you say, JBR's body may not even have been in there at that time anyway. What he saw or didn't see would have been interesting though.

My guess is that he had been told never to speak about it by his superiors. Maybe he thought his livelihood and pension would have been put at risk if he had spoken to anyone?

She would have been beyond saving even if he had found her. As you say, JBR's body may not even have been in there at that time anyway. What he saw or didn't see would have been interesting though.

My guess is that he had been told never to speak about it by his superiors. Maybe he thought his livelihood and pension would have been put at risk if he had spoken to anyone?

I don't think there is any evidence the body was ever moved. It was likely behind that door the whole time as tests done after the fact show that FW wouldn't have seen the white blanket in the total blackness. I have read that Officer French was very distraught that he did not open that door, probably because of all the grief that befell his fellow officers from the press saying cops were inept. Certainly if he had opened that door, things would have turned out much differently.

While it's not like he killed JBR or anything, I wouldn't say that guilt would be unnecessary. That's a huge failing! If she was in there all along, look at everything that could have been avoided if he'd done a thorough search. If she wasn't in there, even more information because where was she then!?

I don't blame him for not being interviewed though, I'd never want to be a part of the public ***** storm surrounding this case!

While it's not like he killed JBR or anything, I wouldn't say that guilt would be unnecessary. That's a huge failing! If she was in there all along, look at everything that could have been avoided if he'd done a thorough search. If she wasn't in there, even more information because where was she then!?

I don't blame him for not being interviewed though, I'd never want to be a part of the public ***** storm surrounding this case!

Not a huge failing at all. French was looking for an entry/exit point. JR had assured him the house was locked up tight. The WC was locked from the outside and logically, could not have been an exit point. French did exactly what he was supposed to do and he shouldn't be held responsible for what happened.

Officer French had been told that this was a kidnapping - a child had been taken from her bed and that a ransom note had been found. Anyone going into the house would have been told the child was gone. There would be no reason to think otherwise.

Maybe this is the reason he did not feel it was necessary to search every single nook and cranny?

He may have seen the (cellar) door had a latch at the top of it and would have known the child would not have been able to reach it (if she had wanted to hide).

At that time Officer French would have been looking for points of entry and exit for an intruder, not looking for a child who had already been taken off the premises.

Hindsight is a wonderful thing.

I believe this is why the R's wrote the note. They knew if it looked like a kidnapping, all the people marching through would contaminate the scene. Same with inviting the friends and the cleaning team traipsing through.

Any other moms wonder why someone who worried so much about appearance would put her in such gross looking sleep pants?

I'm having a hard time telling who was aware of the cord around the neck before the autopsy. I've read some accounts where it seemed the focus was more on the loose ones about the wrists than the one tightly around her neck. Did her clothing or position hide it when she was laid before the Christmas tree? I know she was promptly covered up by both a blanket and sweater, but this seems more to cover up a dead child than hide what had been done to her. I'd appreciate some clarity on this if anyone has some to offer.

I don't think there is any evidence the body was ever moved. It was likely behind that door the whole time as tests done after the fact show that FW wouldn't have seen the white blanket in the total blackness. I have read that Officer French was very distraught that he did not open that door, probably because of all the grief that befell his fellow officers from the press saying cops were inept. Certainly if he had opened that door, things would have turned out much differently.

I agree about French. And on the subject of tests indicating FW wouldn't have seen the white blanket in the darkness, I've posted about this subject in other threads but I completely forgot about this quote until I found it while looking for something else yesterday. Can't remember where I was posting about this earlier to follow up so I'll put it here. Gosage noted in his report that even seeing the blanket (much less realizing it was concealing a body) would be nearly impossible.
Kolar's book:
John Ramsey had stated that he observed the white blanket immediately upon opening the door. Investigators noted that the room was pitch-black when they re-created the same drill, and the blanket was unobservable to them. Gosage noted in his reports that even with the interior lights on, he couldn’t see the blanket until he stepped into the room and had sufficiently cleared the short wall located to the left of the door.

Does anyone know if the R's had more than one phone line at the time of the murder? Did they have a cell phone?

Is it possible they had access to 2 phone lines on that night/morning?

I believe the Ramseys assumed JonBenet would be found shortly after calling 911. This is why the note contains specific warnings not to call law enforcement -- it's a way to explain why JonBenet was dead. As the morning wore on, John grew anxious. With no call coming from the fake kidnappers, the act was wearing thin. John made the decision to be the one to 'discover' JonBenet in view of a witness (Fleet) and start the process of circling the wagons.

Does anyone know if the R's had more than one phone line at the time of the murder? Did they have a cell phone?

Is it possible they had access to 2 phone lines on that night/morning?

From an interview with John Ramsey found on acandyrose.com:

1 JOHN RAMSEY: Um hmm. In terms of the number
2 of phone lines, I think we had two. I had two. I
3 think there was one that came out of here for the
4 computer modem. It wasn't part of the rest of the
5 house system.
There is one here in the study.
6 There's one in the basement

And Patsy Ramsey:

1 TOM HANEY: Let me back you up
2 again. We talked about that phone, possible
3 phone lines. Did you folks at that time have
4 any other phones, any cell phones, cellular--
5 PATSY RAMSEY: John had a cell
6 phone. And I had just gotten a cell phone at
7 Christmas,
little teeny one.
8 TOM HANEY: Was it activated?
9 PATSY RAMSEY: I think it's
10 activated when you buy it.
11 TOM HANEY: It's not much of a
12 present if it doesn't work?
13 PATSY RAMSEY: Yes, I think it was
14 activated.

Patsy also said that John had one from Access Graphics.

I believe this is why the R's wrote the note. They knew if it looked like a kidnapping, all the people marching through would contaminate the scene. Same with inviting the friends and the cleaning team traipsing through.

I still think the ransom note and the invitation of friends was simply a ploy to establish themselves as victims. A buffer between them and the police if you will.

Moving and covering the body is obviously not ideal but show me one piece of evidence that has become invalidated because of this. In fact, we actually have learned a lot by the presence of people like Fleet White about the suspicious behaviour of the Ramseys that day.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members