Questions you'd like answers to...

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The pillow was JonBenet's. They know this because of the pictures that were on John's camera. More than 1 pillow is usually on a bed. 2 pillows are on the guest bed in JonBenet's room. The pillow was more than likely planted on the counter, as a way to sway the evidence to make it look like JB came downstairs on her own and ate some pineapple.

The pineapple wasn't even part of the story that morning/afternoon. No one even mentioned anything regarding fruit. It only became an issue later on so no...the pillow wasn't planted to prop up a pineapple story.

Just because more than one pillow is usually on a bed doesn't tell us anything about this crime.

I can tell you, that not once ever did my children's pillows from their upstairs bedrooms ever end up on a kitchen counter. If they had been brought downstairs to watch TV on a sofa, they would have remained on the sofa, not on a kitchen bench. But if the child was carrying the pillow and someone interrupted her while she was carrying the pillow, it may be found on the kitchen floor.

It was JonBenet's pillow. Green garland in her hair, pillow in counter, pineapple out. She downstairs, intruder takes her. Most people are unaware of the level of stagecraft that occurred over 6 hours time.

For some time there has been the question is there another voice on the end of the 911 call.
I understand that this has never been confirmed but there were tests done by the Aerospace Corporation? From what I gather they say there is another voice present which is possibly Burke.
The CBS documentary 'enhanced' the tape and suggested with subtitles what was being said.
When I first listened to it I couldn't gather much from it but once the suggestions were put forward I could start to hear it what was being suggested but this certainly could be confirmation bias.
My question is there has been so much analysis given to the end of tape but what about starting at the very beginning?
Whether people agree or disagree with what is or not on the end of the tape, I think most would agree it is very faint. If they can get an idea of what is being said and determine it is another voice surely they can perhaps get a lot more from something that is much more clear & of better quality?
According to the 911 transcripts the very beginning of the call is inaudible.
I've listened to the first 14 seconds of the tape over 50 times and I am almost certain what 'I think' I hear.
At first I couldn't make head nor tail of it but then it seems to become very clear. I listened with and without headphones which without question improved the quality.
I'd like to know what other people hear?
The exact timing is 0.10 and 0.11 to 0.12
[video=youtube;NFMrNtTPaSY]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NFMrNtTPaSY[/video]

Like I say it did take me a little while replaying it to 'come up' with my own interpretation.

Because of confirmation bias I don't what to voice my interpretation just yet.
If anyone gets a spare 10 mins or so to listen I would love to hear what you hear to see if I then hear something different and vice versa.

(rsbm)
My question is there has been so much analysis given to the end of tape but what about starting at the very beginning?
Whether people agree or disagree with what is or not on the end of the tape, I think most would agree it is very faint. If they can get an idea of what is being said and determine it is another voice surely they can perhaps get a lot more from something that is much more clear & of better quality?
According to the 911 transcripts the very beginning of the call is inaudible.
I've listened to the first 14 seconds of the tape over 50 times and I am almost certain what 'I think' I hear.
At first I couldn't make head nor tail of it but then it seems to become very clear. I listened with and without headphones which without question improved the quality.
I'd like to know what other people hear?
The exact timing is 0.10 and 0.11 to 0.12
(video)
Like I say it did take me a little while replaying it to 'come up' with my own interpretation.

Because of confirmation bias I don't what to voice my interpretation just yet.
If anyone gets a spare 10 mins or so to listen I would love to hear what you hear to see if I then hear something different and vice versa.
What-did-YOU-find, I agree with you that there is a very important part of the 911 call at the very beginning which is often overlooked. To the best of my knowledge, all of the books that have a transcript of it simply refer to the beginning as “inaudible.” One book comes closer to the exact words (IMO) than any of the others. Listen Carefully: Truth and Evidence in the JonBenet Ramsey Case has the following in the beginning of the book (which is included as part of the preview of the first two chapters at Amazon):

On December 26, 1996, Kim Archuleta had nearly finished her overnight shift as an Emergency Dispatch Operator in
Boulder, Colorado. At 5:52 am, Archuleta received a 911 call she will never forget.

911: 9-1-1 Emergency... (interrupted)
Patsy: Hon’, we need ... Police!
911: What’s going on... (interrupted)
Patsy: 7-5-5 15th Street!
911: What's going on there, ma'am?
Patsy: We have a kidnapping! Hurry, please!

I think there is another word spoken before these words as well. I think when the call begins recording, the word “one” is spoken as if at the end of a question. I think it is Burke asking his mother, “(Why are you calling nine one) one?” When Patsy begins to answer him, she starts off with “Hon’, we need ‘em (to come here)” before she realizes the phone has been answered and breaks the sentence with her exclamation of “Police!” to alert John (and Burke) that the call has been answered.

If investigators ever compared the voice of that first word with the voice of Burke at the end of the recording, it would prove that he was there in the same room with his parents during the entire call.

(All my opinion, of course.)

I wonder if any of her injuries could have been made by a carabiner or something usually kept with one. Or if it was used in any way really.
Possibly, I suppose. I only suspect it was a part of some of JAR's hiking/climbing equipment which was borrowed by someone who wanted to use the cord attached to it. Who knows?

Hi Tek hiking boots (complete with compass) and a carabiner, some rope, I wonder if there is a theme or it's a coincidence. It is Colorado after all.
You're traveling through another dimension, a dimension not only of sight and sound but of mind. A journey into a wondrous land whose boundaries are that of imagination. That's the signpost up ahead - your next stop... Boulder, Colorado!

(rsbm) What-did-YOU-find, I agree with you that there is a very important part of the 911 call at the very beginning which is often overlooked. To the best of my knowledge, all of the books that have a transcript of it simply refer to the beginning as “inaudible.” One book comes closer to the exact words (IMO) than any of the others. Listen Carefully: Truth and Evidence in the JonBenet Ramsey Case has the following in the beginning of the book (which is included as part of the preview of the first two chapters at Amazon):

On December 26, 1996, Kim Archuleta had nearly finished her overnight shift as an Emergency Dispatch Operator in
Boulder, Colorado. At 5:52 am, Archuleta received a 911 call she will never forget.

911: 9-1-1 Emergency... (interrupted)
Patsy: Hon’, we need ... Police!
911: What’s going on... (interrupted)
Patsy: 7-5-5 15th Street!
911: What's going on there, ma'am?
Patsy: We have a kidnapping! Hurry, please!

I think there is another word spoken before these words as well. I think when the call begins recording, the word “one” is spoken as if at the end of a question. I think it is Burke asking his mother, “(Why are you calling nine one) one?” When Patsy begins to answer him, she starts off with “Hon’, we need ‘em (to come here)” before she realizes the phone has been answered and breaks the sentence with her exclamation of “Police!” to alert John (and Burke) that the call has been answered.

If investigators ever compared the voice of that first word with the voice of Burke at the end of the recording, it would prove that he was there in the same room with his parents during the entire call.

(All my opinion, of course.)

otg,
All very plausible. Yet would BR not expect Patsy to call the police if JonBenet was missing, never mind lying dead in the wine-cellar?

Was BR acting innocent during this phase? That exchange: We are not talking to you is really inconsistent with a family needing to pull together during a crisis. Its as if JR and PR have given up on BR, in the communication sense?

Somebody in this case never put their hands up and said I did it, it was accident!

If so, the remaining family members could have ironed out the inconsistent evidence we now know about.

If the case is BDI, did BR ever admit this to his mother or father, or did he just play dumb?

What did you find?

otg,
All very plausible. Yet would BR not expect Patsy to call the police if JonBenet was missing, never mind lying dead in the wine-cellar?

Was BR acting innocent during this phase? That exchange: We are not talking to you is really inconsistent with a family needing to pull together during a crisis. Its as if JR and PR have given up on BR, in the communication sense?

Somebody in this case never put their hands up and said I did it, it was accident!

If so, the remaining family members could have ironed out the inconsistent evidence we now know about.

If the case is BDI, did BR ever admit this to his mother or father, or did he just play dumb?

What did you find?

Most all of the answers I might give on this would be supposition based on what any particular poster might think happened. What I will say is the obvious: JonBenet was never missing to any of the Ramseys on Christmas night. They might not have known where she was at some point during the night, but they hadn't missed her. A person can only be "missing" if it's known that their whereabouts is unknown (if that makes sense).

Just to add 2 cents. Burke's asking "what did you find?" isn't out of the ordinary if both parents were searching through the house and then stopped to call the police. If he was on the 2nd floor and came down a few steps of the spiral staircase.

I've been delving into the transcripts. John made the claim that he did a lot of research to find the experimental cancer program for Patsy. I believe he says he became a mini-expert by reading everything he could get his hands on. But there was also Gil Kloster. Gil knew about the programs at the NIH.

"Gil knew of experimental trials being conducted at the National Institutes of Health (NIH) in Bethesda, Maryland, because his son·s mother-in-law, Peggy Fairchild, was undergoing chemo there at the time." -- DOI

I've seen where John (and this is going to sound wrong) took credit for finding Patsy's treatment program and saving her life. But John's a mini-expert. Gil was a plastic surgeon and knew about the NIH. Was John exaggerating his role when Gil was the one called on the very night that Patsy's cancer was discovered? Gil already knew about the programs at the NIH. Wouldn't this just be a question of, "Oh, you've got contacts and through the NIH? That's good right?"

Hell, for 1993 this could have been a medline search or even going through JAMA.

Sorry for the tangent. My question is: Could John taken more credit than what was due for getting Patsy into an experimental program?

Just to add 2 cents. Burke's asking "what did you find?" isn't out of the ordinary if both parents were searching through the house and then stopped to call the police. If he was on the 2nd floor and came down a few steps of the spiral staircase.

Exactly. Especially if J or P were holding the ransom note.

What I find odd is Js response and tone of "We're not speaking to you."

Was JB strangled twice?

AlGx,
Yes, This was one scenario I could imagine. e.g. first a manual strangulation, followed by a ligature asphyxiation?

The manual strangulation could cause JonBenet to fall and whack her head and the ligature asphyxiation has been staged to mask the former strangulation?

When I listen to the very beginning of the 911 call the story I have concocted from what I think I hear is.....
John was supposed to be in the hallway next to where the phone Patsy used to make the 911 call right?
From here it would be easy for John & Patsy to communicate with each other or even see each other if the phone had an expandable stretch cord which most phones do.
I personally hear Patsy say 'John' followed by 'The phones ringING'
I emphasise the word ringing as it sounds as though she is rushing the words out as the 911 operator answers the call and begins to speak.
Obviously, all in my opinion but it makes me think was John in another room and Patsy is beckoning him quickly to be there.
Again, I hear this clearly with headphones & wonder if it's just me?
Whilst it doesn't answer much, IF that is what is being said. In such a situation wouldn't you just make the call because of panic, shock and needing urgent help so surely you wouldn't be concerned needing someone there when you make the call?

AlGx,
Yes, This was one scenario I could imagine. e.g. first a manual strangulation, followed by a ligature asphyxiation?

The manual strangulation could cause JonBenet to fall and whack her head and the ligature asphyxiation has been staged to mask the former strangulation?

I've seen a few theories mention her being strangled by the collar of her t-shirt? Where any marks found on the t-shirt collar??

I've seen a few theories mention her being strangled by the collar of her t-shirt? Where any marks found on the t-shirt collar??

AlGx,
Not that I'm aware of. I favor her being restrained by her shirt collar which then causes her to fall unconcious to floor hitting her head on the way down?

Two odd aspects to this case are the head blow and the size-12's. Both do not seem to fit into the wine-cellar staging, in the sense they are redundant.

I'm convinced the ligature asphyxiation is part of the staging, so why bother with a ligature when manual strangulation would be sufficient?

I have an idea, but many think its off the wall. I've been banging on for years that the wine-cellar is a staged crime-scene, yet people still focus their theory around the basement.

That is, its designed to deflect attention from where the primary crime-scene really was?

I was reading through the recent Ramsey Lawsuit against CBS and noticed a couple of the facts they'd stated in it.

One said that the end potion of the wooden handle used to make the Garrote was never found.
I thought the other end was the paintbrush in the tray? Was there a part missing from it?

Another stated that one of the baseball bats found was not owned by the Ramsey's? Was anyone else aware of this?

Finally it says no Hi-tech shoes/boots were owned by any of the Ramsey's. I thought there was a photo found showing Burke wearing some or other evidence that he had in fact owned some?

KANE: We have been provided, and again, one of the sources of this information is confidential grand jury material I can tell you in the question, but we have been provided information from two sources that your son Burke, prior to the murder of your daughter, owned and wore Hi-Tec boots that had a compass on them, which makes them distinctive. Do you recall — if you don’t recall that they actually were Hi-Tec, do you remember Burke having boots that had a compass on the laces?

JOHN:* Vaguely. I don’t know if they were boots or tennis shoes. My memory is they were tennis shoes, but that is very vague. He had boots that had lights on them and all sorts of different things.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yep. His statement is exactly what you would expect to hear a kid say stumbling into the developing nightmare. Its a simple, direct question being asked after hearing whatever was going on before/during the call causing him to come in there. BDI blows this out of proportion and wants you to believe a nine year old is asking rhetorical questions at the crack of dawn and that John's tone indicates he's mad at Burke for killing her when the more likely scenario is John is pissed, tense, and as nervous as a long tailed cat in a room full of rocking chairs due to it being zero hour and hitting their first major issue of the day....calling 911 to get the show on the road.

Its an important moment and here comes Burke walking into the scene. He had likely been told to stay in his room hours earlier....unless domestic quarrels were a regular thing in the house and he already knew the drill.

IF this call took place in the basement like some believe, this makes the scenario even more disturbing. The moment Burke hears she was found in the basement, he knows. He may have already knew anyways after hearing god knows what throughout the night/morning but in the offchance he didn't, he certainly knows when he realizes the call was being made in close proximity to her body.

JOhn is a real piece of work. The cancer story makes him sound even more narcissistic.

Other than her doctors, there's one person I'd credit for saving Patsy's life....

Patsy. She was handed a death sentence and survived. Cant even imagine the hell she went through.

UK...

I have an idea, but many think its off the wall. I've been banging on for years that the wine-cellar is a staged crime-scene, yet people still focus their theory around the basement.

That is, its designed to deflect attention from where the primary crime-scene really was?
Actually, that's the part of your theory that isn't off the wall. :laughing:

I also believe she was likely strangled in the initial attack.

Singularity,

Thanks for that reply. I've seriously considered BDI. It's a possibility, but I lean another direction. I have a strong belief that there was disharmony between John and Patsy. John's very meticulous about trying to say that life in that home was complete and utter peace. We have two adults who don't seem to spend much time together. John travels all over the place. Patsy went through medical menopause 2 years earlier without estrogen replacement and John says she handled it easily (bull). Before her cancer was diagnosed, her shoulder was in constant pain--she was taking...you know...lots of tylonol and stuff (still the happy disposition). She didn't want to do the Christmas run to the lake house and thew-in an additional party at their home agreeing to do it on the 20th and setting it for the 23rd. She only agreed to do it because she thought her home and her children would be on national TV--that fell through but she was locked in to having the party anyway. She had just gone through the Ameristar pageant with JB. Before the party on the 23rd she argued with JB about what she was going to wear and then she had another argument with JB about what she was going to wear to the Whites Christmas dinner. I'm not trying to paint Patsy as a raving lunatic because I don't believe she was. I'm just saying that Patsy was under stress around the holidays. It would have been completely normal for John and Patsy to fight. Their marriage could have been under stress, but for a good Southern girl, outsiders are never supposed to know about such things.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper