Questions you'd like answers to...

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I tend to believe that note is ordinary (i.e. written by JBR), but I will say that the star is too perfect-looking. I don't know what that means, if anything, but that's the one thing that gives me pause.

Userid,

I'm not certain where the closet was, but here is a photo:
closet-jonbenetroom-page35-x.gif

Patsy commented that JBR had a VHS player in her room and loved to watch Shirley Temple movies over and over again. It was the Paughs who got JonBenet watching Shirley Temple tapes, likely schooling for the pageants?

Hi UKGuy,

You are right about PR saying (almost bragging) that JBR loved to watch the Shirley Temple movies over and over. Maybe I'm old-fashioned, or not old-fashioned enough, but I do not think the old Shirley Temple movies were all "goodness and light" as some would think. I certainly would not want my 6 yr old daughter watching them unsupervised.

There did appear to be a fondness for vintage things - vintage as in 1920's 1950's. My gut feeling was that came mostly from Nedra.

When I first read Kolar's book and came across the theory that toy train tracks caused the unusual marks on JBR's body - strange as this might sound - my first thought went to the old silent films where women were tied with ROPE on train tracks screaming for a hero to come save her. I hope to heck that was never a kid's game played at the R's house!

Just way too many icky things we've learned about that family. Much of it, from their own mouths!

Hi UKGuy,

You are right about PR saying (almost bragging) that JBR loved to watch the Shirley Temple movies over and over. Maybe I'm old-fashioned, or not old-fashioned enough, but I do not think the old Shirley Temple movies were all "goodness and light" as some would think. I certainly would not want my 6 yr old daughter watching them unsupervised.

There did appear to be a fondness for vintage things - vintage as in 1920's 1950's. My gut feeling was that came mostly from Nedra.

When I first read Kolar's book and came across the theory that toy train tracks caused the unusual marks on JBR's body - strange as this might sound - my first thought went to the old silent films where women were tied with ROPE on train tracks screaming for a hero to come save her. I hope to heck that was never a kid's game played at the R's house!

Just way too many icky things we've learned about that family. Much of it, from their own mouths!

CorallaroC,
Hey there, sure was the Paughs who encouraged JonBenet to watch Shirley Temple tapes. Apparently Don Paugh liked Shirley Temple too. Read what you want into that !

I'm not 100% with Kolar on the train track, but I've nothing better to offer. Although I tend to think the contusions and abrasions on her body might have been more peri-mortem than ante-mortem? From the little I know about woundings, etc it looks like a rage attack? Like there is the whack on the head followed up with a sustained assault to the body?

Whatever the motive or which RDI it is, the injuries speak anger issues to me.

That photo is just strange to me. Is that even JBR in that photo? It just looks like three random school children; two of which are dancing or something. I suppose the boy (first child from left) could be a younger BR, but who knows. I wonder what is on those other pieces of paper...

None of them look like JB to me. Maybe Daphne? Could the note have been from Daphne as well?

attachment.php

Attachments

• jonbenet.PNG
    jonbenet.PNG
    951.1 KB · Views: 365
I can't remember if this is the only sample purported to be JBR's handwriting, seems like there was a different one. Could be her best friend Daphne, but I'm thinking more likely it is PR heavily guiding the little hand of JBR. I think this is way way too neat and too steady to be JBR. We were informed by the R's that she wasn't even able to read the familiar names on the tags of presents under the tree that year. Also, it creeps me out that the letters have some resemblance to the Ransom Note. Markie pen and all. Someday we will get answers to all this, I hope!

Cottonstar,
Those photos showng the script could have come from anywhere, even off her bedroom floor? Why would JonBenet need to be writing stuff like that. She had no penpal, writing letters at 5-years old is a stretch, I'n on the fence as to whether its staged?

It certainly seems out of place, also that reference to Boyfriends. Could be remnants from a prior staging?

I, now believe this paper is just one of many from JonBenet’s school work folder. If you look closely there seems to be a school folder with a bunch of different papers. There is a tweety-bird craft paper or something to that effect underneath the papers. Also, JonBenet’s pink book bag or mini-back pack is on the bed next to the papers. This is most likely the reason why the bag is laid out with all of the papers and folder. The picture that is on-top of the writing sample, is also of kids at what looks like, JonBenet’s school.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tadpole,
The photo is just another shot of this photo:
8404f23e2c6c391546f533d277fb39ce.jpg

Here is another view:
37c480e66d163dbf0270476a560b1ed6.png

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
\

I Hv TO BoY FNS (heart)
GaNta COOD *

I HV SarGLFNS

The star has pizazz with the center uncolored

How to draw a star
https://i.pinimg.com/736x/59/20/62/...8ef76--drawing-stars-kindergarten-lessons.jpg

stars drawn by children
http://www.treevalleyacademy.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/09/Rylees-Stars.jpg

vs star of david

It's the same type of star as seen on the 'ribs' of her storage chest
@10:18 ROL video
http://radaronline.com/videos/jon-benet-ramsey-murder-crime-scene-video/

A lot of similarities with her school work, the S being noticeably different (more like a back to front Z) but her letter writing would have been constantly evolving at that age. I think the third line is I have girlfriends and she's got her g wrong.

tumblr_ow6ehxg5Y81vd5uwno2_r1_1280.jpg

8404f23e2c6c391546f533d277fb39ce.jpg

Yes Tortoise
GLFNS
I had thought it may been meant as girlfriends
but FNS, is it actually "Fans"?

Yes Tortoise
GLFNS
I had thought it may been meant as girlfriends
but FNS, is it actually "Fans"?
I don't think it's GLFNS, I think she's written garel fns.

I think its quite common for children to not hear letters or even imagine letters that aren't there, or to think one letter makes the sound they're looking for without using additional letters, for example the n in "fns" maybe sounds like "en", if she hasn't learnt the letters phonetically. It appears also that JonBenet didn't hear the sounds of the r and d, so to her the word sounded like fens. I think it unlikely she meant fans because we do say boyfriend and girlfriend, but it's a possibility.

yes, it was santa good.

she exchanged g and c = s

ganta cood = ganta sood = santa good.
I agree that is the most likely.

The only other interpretation I can think of is "going to be good" but she missed out the "be".

I think its quite common for children to not hear letters or even imagine letters that aren't there, or to think one letter makes the sound they're looking for without using additional letters, for example the n in "fns" maybe sounds like "en", if she hasn't learnt the letters phonetically. It appears also that JonBenet didn't hear the sounds of the r and d, so to her the word sounded like fens. I think it unlikely she meant fans because we do say boyfriend and girlfriend, but it's a possibility.

I'm going to revise my answer and say (to me) it definitely is friends and not fans.

I now don't think JonBenet didn't hear the d in friends, I think she heard it as one letter "ds" at the end, Z.

Fans doesn't have this sound "ds" at the end.

ah, ya
garel fns

Yes That's it.

so JBR has 5? garel fns.
ty T

My guessing using this paper and her school paintings.

She was afraid of the future as a girl.
She was thinking she was spied by surroundings and felt the need to keep secrets only for herself.

She wanted to be a boy.

Her mother with cancer and tragically dead sister with a lot of pageantries "pretending" and so on....

I do not see anything which could be merged with her death.

Just somewhat a normal girl with a not so typical family situation.

That is only my opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member