Ramsey Clothing Journey

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
rashomon,
What you posted is ambiguous on two counts. So I'll restate my opnion.

Patsy prior to turning up for the Atlanta interview was already aware JonBenet had been redressed in size-12's e.g. either via the media or/and her legal team, take your pick?

This is privileged information, were you present that night?

You really must read the interview, you will be rewarded. Patsy is anything but evasive, although she does have recurring amnesia at points. She tells us that she purchased two packs of Bloomingdales size-12's on her trip to New York, and that she placed one of those packs into JonBenet's bathroom panty drawer!

So via the size-12's she links herself to the crime-scene!

There are no size-12's in JonBenet's bathroom panty drawer, and since Patsy arrives at the interview forearmed with the knowledge that someone had redressed JonBenet in size-12's, why should she concoct a story that may be falsified?

All she needs to say is I left the size-12's in the wine-cellar/basement. I guess the killer must have redressed JonBenet in them?

The facts are simple.

1. Patsy states she purchased size-12's from Bloomingdales.
2. JonBenet was discovered wearing a pair of size-12's
3. No size-12's were found in the Ramsey house.

Patsy lied to the interviewer about the size-12's, in such a maner that she was immediately contradicted. Why does she need to do that if it was her who redressed Jonbenet and disposed or hid the remaining pairs? Surely she could dream up some other explanation, even one involving JonBenet's killer e.g. he took the underwear with him as a trophy.

The only reason Patsy lied in the manner she did was because she is covering for someone else, and did not know the size-12's were missing or that just prior to the wine-cellar staging, someone had redressed JonBenet in those size-12's. If she knew she would have had cover story ready one that may not be correct but certainly one that could not be disputed never mind contradicted?

This why she starts forgetting stuff during the interview, she has already stated she purchased two packs of size-12 underwear, one for JonBenet at her request, and another as a gift for her niece Jenny. So in theory there should be 13 pairs of size-12's in the house, Patsy is queried on this indirectly when asked that there should be an unopened pack of size-12's lying somewhere in the house, Patsy agrees!

Patsy is attempting to keep her version of events consistent, and in doing so overcomes her amnesia.

So I reckon someone had already redressed JonBenet prior to her arriving in the wine-cellar. This is consistent with JonBenet being redressed in longjohns and wrapped in a blanket, simply not required unless you want to hide something e.g. the size-12's.

That is at the time of the wine-cellar staging Patsy was not aware that JonBenet was wearing size-12's!

If I understand you correctly, you're saying PR came to the interview with the knowledge that JBR had size 12s on. Have I misunderstood this point?

Assuming I have understood correctly, why wouldn't she simply say she put the two packs of 12s in the basement and she doesn't know what happened to them?

If I understand you correctly, you're saying PR came to the interview with the knowledge that JBR had size 12s on. Have I misunderstood this point?

Assuming I have understood correctly, why wouldn't she simply say she put the two packs of 12s in the basement and she doesn't know what happened to them?

Chrishope,
No misunderstanding on your part at all. For your convenience here are the opening questions to the Bloomingdales section of the interview:

http://www.jonbenetindexguide.com/2000ATL-Patsy-Interview-Complete.htm
8 Q. (By Mr. Levin) Ms. Ramsey, we

9 are going to move on to another area. And

10 what I want to discuss with you is the

11 underpants that JonBenet was wearing at the

12 time that she was discovered on the 26th.

13 We are going to try to get some background

14 information on those from you. Hopefully you

15 can help us out a little bit. Okay?

16 I don't, I'll be perfectly honest

17 with you, I don't follow all of the media

18 developments in this case, so I am not quite

19 sure what is out in the public sector. But

20 what I would like to get a feel for is just

21 what your belief is with regard to the

22 significance of the underpants that your

23 daughter was wearing at the time that she

24 was found murdered.

various legalistic rhetoric by Lin Wood removed

18 Q. (By Mr. Levin) Well, let's start

19 with what - I will make it very simple for

20 you, Mrs. Ramsey. What information are you

21 in possession of or what do you know about

22 the underwear that your daughter was wearing

23 at the time she was found murdered?

24 A. I have heard that she had on a

25 pair of Bloomi's that said Wednesday on them.

1 Q. The underwear that she was

2 wearing, that is Bloomi's panties, do you

3 know where they come from as far as what

4 store?

5 A. Bloomingdales in New York.

6 Q. Who purchased those?

7 A. I did.

8 Q. Do you recall when you purchased

9 them?

10 A. It was, I think, November of '96.

11 Q. In the fall of 1996, how many

12 trips did you make to New York?

13 A. Two, I believe.

You tell me, ask rashomon, he might know since he stated that :
rashomon said:
But since Patsy made the mistake of hiding the rest of the size 12 set

I reckon Patsy was making it up as she went along, she thought she could outsmart the interviewer, she had Lin Wood with her so thought no real bad questions would be put to her. The confirming feature to the idea that Patsy was originally ignorant about the size-12's, is that she cannot know the remainder are missing, otherwise she would never say I placed them all into JonBenet's panty drawer. Only to be told there are no size-12's present!

The inference to be drawn from Patsy's interview statements is that an intruder removed all of, and only, Bloomingdale size-12's from JonBenet's bathroom panty drawer?

You could be right, it might go either way. How about Patsy claiming amnesia, and that she only actually purchased one pack of size-12's for her niece Jenny? So what is then returned is an open pack of size-12's?

If she wants to stand by her original statements then an
unopened pack of size-12's should be returned?

yes,and I think that's just what happened..an unopened pack was returned.
to return an opened package would make them appear even more guilty,and it doesn't match what she stated previously anyway...that she took them out of the package and put them in the bathroom drawer.
she said she bought 2 packages...is this b/c it showed up (or might surface) that way on a credit card or other receipt?

absolutely! were it not a big mistake,they could have shouldered it off...but they didn't.they knew it was a huge error on their part.

JMO8778,
she said she bought 2 packages...is this b/c it showed up (or might surface) that way on a credit card or other receipt?
Difficult to tell. Do Bloomingdales keep records, how did Patsy pay, credit-card, debit-card, store-card, cash, etc?

I'll bet the house on JonBenet asking Patsy to purchase her size-12 underwear being fabricated? JonBenet's request is required so to offer a rationale as to why JonBenet should ever want to wear those ridiculously large underpants?

For all we know Patsy may have purchased only size-6's and made up the stuff about the size-12's. Why, because other than the size-12's discovered on JonBenet, no other size-12's were found in the house.

Neither the BPD, Steve Thomas, or Holly Smith, who all know if size-6 Bloomingdales were recovered from either of JonBenet's bedroom or bathroom underwear drawers, have made this information public. Contrast this with the information regarding the size-12's?

Yes returning the size-12's tells us the Ramsey's knew they had made a big mistake, possibly bigger than the pineapple, since Patsy is now directly linked to the crime-scene?

not just that,she wouldn't leave gifts...opened or otherwise...in that filthy WC.it's more of something a man would do...but not most women.(they were stated to be partially wrapped;but IMO,they were partially UNwrapped).
but the other thought that comes to mind....was JR redirecting evidence Patsy's way??? (we know he did that once by handing LE Patsy's notepad that was used to write the RN).did he wrap JB up like a parent would,so to appear Patsy did that? also...did HE use her items...paintbrush,cord from painting,tape,etc..to make it look like SHE did it?? and if Patsy did it...would she use her own items?? I know Patsy's fiber evidence is there,but could it have gotten there from her handling the items prior to JB's death that night..ie-if she was in the process of preparing a painting for travel (perhaps even bf they left for the White's)?I realize that doesn't explain the tape though.Unless JR just said 'get me these items',and she did so,getting her fibers on them in the process.
I also think JR directed things Patsy's way when he took a shower and she didn't (perhaps he kept her busy re-writing the note),and he allowed her to remain wearing the same outfit the White's had seen her in the night before(as well as JB's shirt being the same one).

JMO8778,
not just that,she wouldn't leave gifts...opened or otherwise...in that filthy WC.it's more of something a man would do...but not most women.(they were stated to be partially wrapped;but IMO,they were partially UNwrapped).
The gifts stored in there were meant to be Burke's birthday gifts purchased on the December trip. The reasoning being that Burke could not reach the wooden latch at the top of the door to check out his gifts?

I also think JR directed things Patsy's way when he took a shower and she didn't (perhaps he kept her busy re-writing the note),and he allowed her to remain wearing the same outfit the White's had seen her in the night before(as well as JB's shirt being the same one).
Yes this is possible since we only have fibers linking Patsy to the crime-scene, and these can arrive without Patsy being present?

How credible is that the PDI is generally correct but it was John who enacted all of the wine-cellar staging. The assumption being Patsy may have been caught out, so John minimised his own forensic deposits, but was less careful regarding Patsy's? The engagement of separate legal teams certainly suggests something had been pre-planned?

UKGuy

I reckon Patsy was making it up as she went along, she thought she could outsmart the interviewer, she had Lin Wood with her so thought no real bad questions would be put to her. The confirming feature to the idea that Patsy was originally ignorant about the size-12's, is that she cannot know the remainder are missing, otherwise she would never say I placed them all into JonBenet's panty drawer. Only to be told there are no size-12's present!

The inference to be drawn from Patsy's interview statements is that an intruder removed all of, and only, Bloomingdale size-12's from JonBenet's bathroom panty drawer?

If we start with the premise that PR is fabricating a story, why not a plausible one? The story about buying absurdly large undies for JBR feels hinky right from the start. It would seem to me the optimal story would be - "I bought two packs for Jenny for X-mass. I put them in the basement to be wrapped, but I never got around to it. I was going to send them as a belated X-mass gift after we returned from Michigan". Plausible, non-hinky, and non-verifiable. The implication, w/o having to actually state it, is that the "intruder" took the 12s as a trophy. If she's lying, with prior knowledge that JBR was found wearing 12s, then she is doing a remarkably bad job. Unless there is some reason she has to have the 12s in or near JBR's bedroom? Or she is telling the truth, she really did buy 12s and put them in the drawer, but doesn't know none where found, so can't fabricate anything?

I'll bet the house on JonBenet asking Patsy to purchase her size-12 underwear being fabricated? JonBenet's request is required so to offer a rationale as to why JonBenet should ever want to wear those ridiculously large underpants?

Quite possible. Another reason that occurs is that it seemed important to PR to link the 12s with JBR's room? This is why she insists that she bought them for JBR and that she placed them in the dresser drawer? Is it because she knows the bedroom is where the redressing actually occurred and she wants to make sure the police know the "intruder" had access to the 12s? Maybe she doesn't know how much the police know, so she figures if they've identified the bedroom as the crime scene (as oppossed to the basement staging scene) then she better make sure the 12s are in the bedroom ?

For all we know Patsy may have purchased only size-6's and made up the stuff about the size-12's. Why, because other than the size-12's discovered on JonBenet, no other size-12's were found in the house.

I wonder what the Rs did know. It's possible that Pam Paugh, when she conducted her legally sanctioned evidence tampering, took the panties out of the drawer (or wherever they were kept). If so, then the Rs already knew the police hadn't found the 12s - they couldn't have, as they had been removed from the house. The Rs would also then know, or have good reason to believe, that JBR was redressed in the missing pair of 12s. This again begs the question - why not come up with a better story? And why not destroy the evidence rather than "returning" a package to the police?

Neither the BPD, Steve Thomas, or Holly Smith, who all know if size-6 Bloomingdales were recovered from either of JonBenet's bedroom or bathroom underwear drawers, have made this information public. Contrast this with the information regarding the size-12's?

Yes returning the size-12's tells us the Ramsey's knew they had made a big mistake, possibly bigger than the pineapple, since Patsy is now directly linked to the crime-scene?

I think you're right that PR didn't know the 12s hadn't been found. There still seems to be something wrong here, but I can't quite put my finger on it.

UKGuy

If we start with the premise that PR is fabricating a story, why not a plausible one? The story about buying absurdly large undies for JBR feels hinky right from the start. It would seem to me the optimal story would be - "I bought two packs for Jenny for X-mass. I put them in the basement to be wrapped, but I never got around to it. I was going to send them as a belated X-mass gift after we returned from Michigan". Plausible, non-hinky, and non-verifiable. The implication, w/o having to actually state it, is that the "intruder" took the 12s as a trophy. If she's lying, with prior knowledge that JBR was found wearing 12s, then she is doing a remarkably bad job. Unless there is some reason she has to have the 12s in or near JBR's bedroom? Or she is telling the truth, she really did buy 12s and put them in the drawer, but doesn't know none where found, so can't fabricate anything?

Quite possible. Another reason that occurs is that it seemed important to PR to link the 12s with JBR's room? This is why she insists that she bought them for JBR and that she placed them in the dresser drawer? Is it because she knows the bedroom is where the redressing actually occurred and she wants to make sure the police know the "intruder" had access to the 12s? Maybe she doesn't know how much the police know, so she figures if they've identified the bedroom as the crime scene (as oppossed to the basement staging scene) then she better make sure the 12s are in the bedroom ?

I wonder what the Rs did know. It's possible that Pam Paugh, when she conducted her legally sanctioned evidence tampering, took the panties out of the drawer (or wherever they were kept). If so, then the Rs already knew the police hadn't found the 12s - they couldn't have, as they had been removed from the house. The Rs would also then know, or have good reason to believe, that JBR was redressed in the missing pair of 12s. This again begs the question - why not come up with a better story? And why not destroy the evidence rather than "returning" a package to the police?

I think you're right that PR didn't know the 12s hadn't been found. There still seems to be something wrong here, but I can't quite put my finger on it.

Chrishope,
I agree, looks like the Ramsey version of events is inconsistent, so the lies are showing the holes in their account?

If Patsy had redressed JonBenet in the size-12's and removed or hidden the remainder then she would know there can be no size-12's to be found in JonBenet's panty drawer?

If Patsy told Pam to remove the size-12's then again similar reasoning to above.

So whichever way you analyse it, I reckon Patsy was out of the loop somewhere, she was ignorant that JonBenet was wearing size-12's or that the remainder were missing.

So why should Patsy lie? I reckon she is covering for someone else, and her absence of actual crime-scene knowledge allowed her to make a mistake.

So I think how it looks is that while Patsy was busy authoring the ransom note, John was busy either finishing off the initial staging or completing what we think was done at the start?

That is Patsy does some staging, leaves to do the ransom note, then John enters , assaults JonBenet with the paintbrush handle, wipes her down, say with the bottom of his shirt, then redresses JonBenet in the size-12's, whilst secreting away the size-6's, then either adds or pulls up the longjohns over the size-12's.

Alternately the above sequence is reversed with John cleaning up JonBenet, redressing her and adding the longjohns e.g. not Patsy. The she adds her part and retires to do the ransom note?

In either sequence Patsy is unaware that John has redressed JonBenet, or he just said he would do it, e.g. normalize the crime-scene?

Then there is the possiblility that John enacted all the wine-cellar crime-scene again explaining why Patsy offers a totally inconsistent account regarding the size-12's?

However you add things up, its difficult to eliminate John?

PR does admit that the panties found on JBR when she was found are the ones she bought at Bloomingdale's in NY. So given that LE told her in an interview that they did NOT find any Bloomies panties in size 12 (or any other size) in the home, she'd have to turn in an OPENED set with six pairs remaining (and no Wednesday pair). Returning an UNopened set means that she still has to account for the whereabouts of the six pairs from the set the panties on JBR came from.

Maybe I missed something ,but how do we know that the R's returned an unopened package of underwear?

Maybe I missed something ,but how do we know that the R's returned an unopened package of underwear?

We don't. We do know they sent a set of size 12 panties to LE many months after the murder, long after they moved back to Atlanta. I have never seen it mentioned whether they were an unopened set or the remaining 6 pairs from the set that included the pair found on JBR.
If the set was new and unopened, it really doesn't prove that particular set was in the R home the evening of Dec. 26th, 1996. They could have been purchased specifically for the purpose of sending them back to Boulder LE.

We don't. We do know they sent a set of size 12 panties to LE many months after the murder, long after they moved back to Atlanta. I have never seen it mentioned whether they were an unopened set or the remaining 6 pairs from the set that included the pair found on JBR.
If the set was new and unopened, it really doesn't prove that particular set was in the R home the evening of Dec. 26th, 1996. They could have been purchased specifically for the purpose of sending them back to Boulder LE.

How do we know that the set that they turned over wasn't just purchased, regardless of opened or unopened? They could have purchased a brand new pack, (considering they had time to do that, since it was MONTHS before they turned it over to LE)....taken out a pair identical to the one that JB had on....and then handed the pack over to LE. Wonder if that pack was ever dusted for fingerprints...other than the Ramsey's?

PR does admit that the panties found on JBR when she was found are the ones she bought at Bloomingdale's in NY. So given that LE told her in an interview that they did NOT find any Bloomies panties in size 12 (or any other size) in the home, she'd have to turn in an OPENED set with six pairs remaining (and no Wednesday pair). Returning an UNopened set means that she still has to account for the whereabouts of the six pairs from the set the panties on JBR came from.

DeeDee249,
I'm not certain that this is what is being claimed. Its specifically size-12's that are being referred to in the Atlanta interview, other than the size-4's or size-6's in JonBenet's panty drawer.

There may actually be Bloomingdales size-6's in JonBenet's bathroom panty drawer and Bloomingdales size-6's or size-12's in her bedroom dresser drawer? These results have never been made public.

This may be the reason for Patsy being repeatedly asked during the Atlanta interview when did you buy this underwear? The interviewer may have information regarding the purchase of size-6 Bloomingdales. Also the discovery of any soiled size-12's in JonBenet's bedroom dresser drawer makes the timeline and arithmetic regarding the size-12's more difficult. This I do not expect to see reported, since it would confirm Patsy's claim that she gave JonBenet the size-12's. A phone call to Holly Smith asking if any size-12's were found in JonBenet's bedroom dresser drawer would put this one to rest.

she'd have to turn in an OPENED set with six pairs remaining (and no Wednesday pair). Returning an UNopened set means that she still has to account for the whereabouts of the six pairs from the set the panties on JBR came from.
She can do this or hand in a UNOPENED set, both instances woud represent indirect attempts to corroborate the claims made in the Atlanta interview.

Now if the OPENED set of size-12's was returned have these been tested to see if they contain any touch dna matching the touch dna found on the Wednesday size-12's found on JonBenet?

Why have we heard nothing about this, since this could strengthen the prosecution case that it is an Intruder Homicide?

If the returned set is indeed the OPENED set of size-12's then the Ramsey's claim will be that JonBenet dressed herself in those size-12's? Otherwise they represent crime-scene evidence that an intruder used to redress JonBenet.

The returned size-12's will probably be inadmissable as evidence due to the time lapse in returning them, including no proof of chain of custody etc. We can assume that JonBenet's bedroom was tuned upside down and all underwear removed, so just where are the Ramsey's going to sugget that an OPENED pack of Bloomingdales size-12's were originally actually located in the house?

How do we know that the set that they turned over wasn't just purchased, regardless of opened or unopened? They could have purchased a brand new pack, (considering they had time to do that, since it was MONTHS before they turned it over to LE)....taken out a pair identical to the one that JB had on....and then handed the pack over to LE. Wonder if that pack was ever dusted for fingerprints...other than the Ramsey's?

Ames,
Of course, who knows when they were purchased or by whom e.g John for Patsy?

Wonder if that pack was ever dusted for fingerprints...other than the Ramsey's?
Or even touch dna?

DeeDee249,
I'm not certain that this is what is being claimed. Its specifically size-12's that are being referred to in the Atlanta interview, other than the size-4's or size-6's in JonBenet's panty drawer.

There may actually be Bloomingdales size-6's in JonBenet's bathroom panty drawer and Bloomingdales size-6's or size-12's in her bedroom dresser drawer? These results have never been made public.

This may be the reason for Patsy being repeatedly asked during the Atlanta interview when did you buy this underwear? The interviewer may have information regarding the purchase of size-6 Bloomingdales. Also the discovery of any soiled size-12's in JonBenet's bedroom dresser drawer makes the timeline and arithmetic regarding the size-12's more difficult. This I do not expect to see reported, since it would confirm Patsy's claim that she gave JonBenet the size-12's. A phone call to Holly Smith asking if any size-12's were found in JonBenet's bedroom dresser drawer would put this one to rest.

She can do this or hand in a UNOPENED set, both instances woud represent indirect attempts to corroborate the claims made in the Atlanta interview.

Now if the OPENED set of size-12's was returned have these been tested to see if they contain any touch dna matching the touch dna found on the Wednesday size-12's found on JonBenet?

Why have we heard nothing about this, since this could strengthen the prosecution case that it is an Intruder Homicide?

If the returned set is indeed the OPENED set of size-12's then the Ramsey's claim will be that JonBenet dressed herself in those size-12's? Otherwise they represent crime-scene evidence that an intruder used to redress JonBenet.

The returned size-12's will probably be inadmissable as evidence due to the time lapse in returning them, including no proof of chain of custody etc. We can assume that JonBenet's bedroom was tuned upside down and all underwear removed, so just where are the Ramsey's going to sugget that an OPENED pack of Bloomingdales size-12's were originally actually located in the house?

Darn good question UKGuy.

I am quite sure that JB's bedroom was literally turned upside down, looking for panties, and other evidence. I would just love to know HOW the Ramsey's "overlooked" those Bloomies in the first place? They were "found" later in a moving crate. WELL GEESH, they KNEW that those panties were evidence, so why did they pack them in a moving crate to begin with. Someone suggested that maybe some of their friends helped them pack, and placed them there. WELL, wouldn't the friends have known about the too big bloomies found on JB? Seems the Ramsey's would have told them...okay, if you come across a pack of size 12 Bloomies, don't pack them...give them to me to give to police, because its part of the evidence in JB's death. IMO...whereever the size 12 Bloomies were kept previous to JB's death, they were totally removed from that house and destroyed somehow. IMO any pack of size 12 Bloomies that were eventually turned over to police MONTHS AND MONTHS later, had to have been a brand new pack, probably bought days before turning them over.

I am quite sure that JB's bedroom was literally turned upside down, looking for panties, and other evidence. I would just love to know HOW the Ramsey's "overlooked" those Bloomies in the first place? They were "found" later in a moving crate. WELL GEESH, they KNEW that those panties were evidence, so why did they pack them in a moving crate to begin with. Someone suggested that maybe some of their friends helped them pack, and placed them there. WELL, wouldn't the friends have known about the too big bloomies found on JB? Seems the Ramsey's would have told them...okay, if you come across a pack of size 12 Bloomies, don't pack them...give them to me to give to police, because its part of the evidence in JB's death. IMO...whereever the size 12 Bloomies were kept previous to JB's death, they were totally removed from that house and destroyed somehow. IMO any pack of size 12 Bloomies that were eventually turned over to police MONTHS AND MONTHS later, had to have been a brand new pack, probably bought days before turning them over.

OMG, I wonder what poor homeless man in downtown Atlanta, standing on the side of an exit off the interstate with a sign "Will work for food-", got paid a hundred bucks to be blindfolded, open the new pack and take the Wednesday pair out to toss away for the R's???

BTW>>> How do we know with all the 'sharing of evidence' by the DA's office that the R's lawyers never "got to" the physical evidnence in this case??? (The longjohns and the size 12's found on JB...magically are found to have "touch DNA" from an unknown male...)

Ames,
Obviously the Ramsey's thought they had to return the size-12's? Can you imagine the discussion between Patsy and John:
PR Why did you not tell me about the pants,
JR Honey, geez they just looked like panties to me
PR Well just how am I going to explain that JonBenet's pants have vanished from her bathroom panty drawer?
JR How about JonBenet taking the package to another room?
PR How does that work?
JR Well what if a pack of size-12's was found among that stuff in storage
PR Then what?
JR Obviously the BPD missed them, so your out of the woods honey
PR So where can we get a pack of Bloomies?
JR Don't worry honey, they will be found, even it means doing EBay
PR Thats sweet, so I just say JonBenet must have taken the pack out of her drawer and dressed herself in another room
JR Thats it honey, or even the intruder took them out of her drawer, problem solved!

The returning of those size-12's, even more than their denial about the pineapple, is serious, because it links them to the crime-scene. The pineapple only potentially links them to the kitchen.

Ames,
Obviously the Ramsey's thought they had to return the size-12's? Can you imagine the discussion between Patsy and John:
PR Why did you not tell me about the pants,
JR Honey, geez they just looked like panties to me
PR Well just how am I going to explain that JonBenet's pants have vanished from her bathroom panty drawer?
JR How about JonBenet taking the package to another room?
PR How does that work?
JR Well what if a pack of size-12's was found among that stuff in storage
PR Then what?
JR Obviously the BPD missed them, so your out of the woods honey
PR So where can we get a pack of Bloomies?
JR Don't worry honey, they will be found, even it means doing EBay
PR Thats sweet, so I just say JonBenet must have taken the pack out of her drawer and dressed herself in another room
JR Thats it honey, or even the intruder took them out of her drawer, problem solved!

The returning of those size-12's, even more than their denial about the pineapple, is serious, because it links them to the crime-scene. The pineapple only potentially links them to the kitchen.

LOL!

That house was most likely turned upside down by investigators...not just JB's bedroom....in search of those panties.

I know that in the beginning, NOBODY knew where those panties came from that she was redressed in, and there had been speculation (in the very beginning) that the intruder brought them in with him...(yeah, and JB just happened to have some IDENTICAL to the ones that he brought in with him...:rolleyes:), at first..IMO...the Ramsey's probably wanted to "GO with" that idea. The intruder brought them in.....yeah, yeah...that's the ticket. And, and, and...he put them on JonBenét after he assaulted her. Yeah, that's good...we will go with that. Sounds good to me, dear. Maybe THAT is the reason that they were "lost", and then they realized how stupid that sounded, and how nobody in their right mind would believe that an intruder brought those too big bloomies in to redress JB in, not to mention that the authorities might accidently find the second set.

sure but...she said she took them out of the package and put them in the drawer (which IMO she said since it's doubtful JB would have just happened to pick out the Wed. pair from the package.so out of package means no more package).
IMO,what they were trying to say was that Patsy bought NO size 6's (because she really did,and they were removed bf JB was redressed),and they didn't want LE to know that JB did indeed have a size 6 on that was removed and hidden.SO by handing in an unopened pack of size 12's..there's the other package they claim Patsy bought,and walla...no more size 6's.(I suspect the rest of that size 6 set was hidden as well!)
perhaps that was more important than trying to explain why there were no size 12's in the drawer.

rashomon,
What you posted is ambiguous on two counts. So I'll restate my opnion.
Patsy prior to turning up for the Atlanta interview was already aware JonBenet had been redressed in size-12's e.g. either via the media or/and her legal team, take your pick?
The Ramseys went into each of their interviews very ill-prepared, therefore it is not surprising that Patsy had not put anything together.
This is privileged information, were you present that night?
It is a theory of mine, just as yours is a theory. Fact is that the police could not find the size 12s. The inference to be drawn is that they were hidden by the stager of the scene. Patsy was the main stager (evidence: ransom note and her jacket fibers in the locations connected to the 'garrote' scene), therefore it is logical to assume she knew exactly who put the size 12s on JonBenet and why. The crime scene evidence suggests it was Patsy who held the broken paintbrush in her hand when wrapping the cord around it, and since a splinter from that same paintbrush was found in JonBenet's vagina, Patsy is also connected to the infliction of the vaginal wound. The size 12s were put on the victim after the genital wound was inflicted. Again, when you put the pieces of the evidence together to get the whole picture, the most likely person to have done this is Patsy, or she may have told John were to get a pair and put it on her.
I believe the Ramseys staged this scene together, with Patsy running the show. Imo John wanted to get involved as little as possible because he did not believe they would get away with it, so Patsy was take the rap in case the scam would be discovered.
You really must read the interview, you will be rewarded. Patsy is anything but evasive, although she does have recurring amnesia at points.
And it is exactly this recurring anmesia which is the evasive element.
She tells us that she purchased two packs of Bloomingdales size-12's on her trip to New York, and that she placed one of those packs into JonBenet's bathroom panty drawer!
That was to 'explain' why the child had them on her. For even to the Ramseys, trying to sell to LE the idea that the Small Foreign Faction would have bothered to redress the victim must have been out of the question. :D

Then there is the possiblility that John enacted all the wine-cellar crime-scene again explaining why Patsy offers a totally inconsistent account regarding the size-12's?
Imo Patsy's jacket fibers found in incriminating locations connected to the wine cellar garrote scene contradict such an assumption.
So via the size-12's she links herself to the crime-scene!
She sure did. :)
Just as she linked herself to the pineapple evidence, where she made a similar big blunder by claiming JonBenet had been asleep when they got home. Patsy was obviously unaware (or had forgotten) that examining the victim's digestive tract is SOP at every autopsy.
When you look at this case, what stands out is the evidence linking the Ramseys to the cover-up of JonBenet's homicide. All their subsequent efforts to wriggle out of that connection are every bit as absurd and chaotic as the staged scene itself.
That is at the time of the wine-cellar staging Patsy was not aware that JonBenet was wearing size-12's!
Highly unlikely because of the paintbrush splinter found in the victim's vagina. The paintbrush is connected to Patsy (her jacket fibers were found in the tray where it was kept), so it was in all probability she who inflicted the genital wound, tied the cord around the neck in a knot and then wrapped part of the remaining cord around the broken stick to make a bizarre-looking stage prop.
The Ramseys may initially have thought of dumping the body outside without a ransom note ('abducted, tortured and killed by a sexual predator'), but after deciding it too risky to remove the body, changed to a 'ransom kidnapping gone wrong' scenario where JonBenet had been snatched from her bed. So they redressed her.
They left the neck ligature on JonBenet (together with the bizarre-looking broken paintbrush stick) because the bizarreness of the scenario was to point away from the parents.

>so Patsy was take the rap in case the scam would be discovered.

good point rashomon,for whichever of them did it,John could help no one and make no money for either of their defense attorneys if he was in prison.

>They left the neck ligature on JonBenet (together with the bizarre-looking broken paintbrush stick) because the bizarreness of the scenario was to point away from the parents.

absolutely,I agree again.same for RN.

The Ramseys went into to each of their interviews very ill-prepared, therefore it is not surprising that Patsy had not put anything together.

It is a theory of mine, just as yours is a theory. Fact is that the police could not find the size 12s. The inference to be drawn is that they were hidden by the stager of the scene. Patsy was the main stager (evidence: ransom note and her jacket fibers in the locations connected to the 'garrote' scene), therefore it is logical to assume she knew exactly who put the size 12s on JonBenet and why. The crime scene evidence suggests it was Patsy who held the broken paintbrush in her hand when wrapping the cord around it, and since a splinter from that same paintbrush was found in JonBenet's vagina, Patsy is also connected to the infliction of the vaginal wound. The size 12s were put on the victim after the genital wound was inflicted. Again, when you put the pieces of the evidence together to get the whole picture, the most likely person to have done this is Patsy, or she may have told John were to get a pair and put it on her.
I believe the Ramseys staged this scene together, with Patsy running the show. Imo John wanted to get involved as little as possible because he did not believe they would get away with it, so Patsy was take the rap in case the scam would be discovered.
And it is exactly this recurring anmesia which is the evasive element.

That was to 'explain' why the child had them on her. For even to the Ramseys, trying to sell to LE the idea that the Small Foreign Faction would have bothered to redress the victim must have been out of the question. :D

Imo Patsy's jacket fibers found in incriminating locations connected to the wine cellar garrote scene contradict such an assumption.

She sure did. :)
Just as she linked herself to the pineapple evidence, where she made a similar big blunder by claiming JonBenet had been asleep when they got home. Patsy was obviously unaware (or had forgotten) that examining the victim's digestive tract is SOP at every autopsy.
When you look at this case, what stands out is the evidence linking the Ramseys to the cover-up of JonBenet's homicide. All their subsequent efforts to wriggle out of that connection are every bit as absurd and chaotic as the staged scene itself.

Highly unlikely because of the paintbrush splinter found in the victim's vagina. The paintbrush is connected to Patsy (her jacket fibers were found in the tray where it was kept), so it was in all probability she who inflicted the genital wound, tied the cord around the neck in a knot and then wrapped part of the remaining cord around the broken stick to make a bizarre-looking stage prop.
The Ramseys may initially have thought of dumping the body outside without a ransom note ('abducted, tortured and killed by a sexual predator'), but after deciding it too risky to remove the body, changed to a 'ransom kidnapping gone wrong' scenario where JonBenet had been snatched from her bed. So they redressed her.
They left the neck ligature on JonBenet (together with the bizarre-looking broken paintbrush stick) because the bizarreness of the scenario was to point away from the parents.

rashomon,
It is a theory of mine, just as yours is a theory.
You may have a theory but its logic is consistently flawed.

Fact is that the police could not find the size 12s.
No size-12's were found in the house, and this appears corroborated from the interviewers remarks about an UNOPENED packe of size-12's yet to be found in the house?

The inference to be drawn is that they were hidden by the stager of the scene.
Yes but which stager, there are two possibilities, the logic is not exclusive!

Patsy was the main stager (evidence: ransom note and her jacket fibers in the locations connected to the 'garrote' scene),
Patsy may have staged some of the crime-scene, again the logic is not exclusive!

therefore it is logical to assume she knew exactly who put the size 12s on JonBenet and why.
Absolutely not! This is not an assumption you can make, since the size-12's may have arrived independently of her staging contribution.

The crime scene evidence suggests it was Patsy who held the broken paintbrush in her hand when wrapping the cord around it, and since a splinter from that same paintbrush was found in JonBenet's vagina,
There is no crime-scene evidence at all to suggest who vaginally assaulted JonBenet? Its a fair assumption that the person who garroted JonBenet also vaginally assaulted her, but the two events need not be linked consecutively to one person, again the logic is not exclusive!

I also think they staged the crime-scene together, but I reckon they both made independent contributions. hence the reason as to why Patsy has no knowledge that the size-12's are missing.

UKGuy said:
She tells us that she purchased two packs of Bloomingdales size-12's on her trip to New York, and that she placed one of those packs into JonBenet's bathroom panty drawer!
That was to 'explain' why the child had them on her. For even to the Ramseys, trying to sell to LE the idea that the Small Foreign Faction would have bothered to redress the victim must have been out of the question.
mmm, there is only one thing wrong with this reasoning. That is if Patsy is clever enough to think up an explanation that links JonBenet with the purchased size-12's, how come she fails to realize that since the size-12's are no longer in the drawer, never mind the house, that that explanation will be immediately shot down?

Not quite, but I know you reckon the fibers place Patsy at the crime-scene, making her the likely perpetrator?

That you can connect Patsy to the paintbrush, does not exclude anyone else from being connected to it, and the splinter does not connect to Patsy in the same manner as say her fibers would, so your following inference about the staging is flawed. Simply because John may have assaulted JonBenet vaginally, then redressed her in the size-12's and longjohns, leaving Patsy ignorant about the size-12's. Patsy may later have applied the garrote, duct-tape, wrist-restraints etc?

My theory or interpretation may be found to be 100% invalid but it is a cogent alternative to your linear PDI, and incorporates the available forensic evidence, including a reason as to why Patsy lies at the Atlanta interview.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nilasha34
Back